Midnight Memories

By CallmeCristine

• An Eremika Vampire Au The moon turns Vermilion The horror and nightmares Keeps her... More

MIDNIGHT Memories
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28 [Bittersweet]
Epilogue [Would they be able to have their happy ever after now?]
Final Note

Chapter 19

49 4 0
By CallmeCristine

Chapter 19

       "The blood tree," she spoke to herself as she proceed on drinking the tea infront of her, she could see the people gathering it's content from where she is.   "I just know that someday," She reached out to the window and clenched her fist.

"It will," A sad look crossed her face. "ceased to exist."

"That's not so sure,". Eren appeared beside her, " The blood tree will flourish someday."

"How would you know?" Mikasa look at him sharply," Do you see the future?"

Silence took over.

" Don't be so over confident that I cod help, even with my past self's memory, my knowledge is still not enough. If it cannot be restored by planting it like normal trees then what could we do?..Nothing but to watch the tree die."  She solemnly told him,

Eren look out of the window.

"Coexistence is something that this world doesn't know, each creature in this world will do whatever they can to have what they want, even if it meant monopolizing others, is it the same for you, Eren?" 
Mikasa look up at him, she could see his green eyes shaking from her question and she anticipated his answers but instead of answering her, he just close his eyes and sat beside her.

" Coexistence. This world cannot have coexistence."

"Why is that?" She ask, visibly confused by his words. How can this world even be like his if they do not know coexistence. "If one cease to exist, wouldn't it affect the others?"

  " No, it won't." He explained,
" In this world, it doesn't matter what kind of creature you were.. whether you die or not, it wouldn't affect the lives of other creatures so when one cease to exist..the whole world doesn't bat on eye on it."

Mikasa held her hand on her mouth, shocked. " That's cruel, in the human world--"

"Mikasa, our world are different.". Eren still smiled at her. " ..you may have the memory of yourself as a vampire but that doesn't change the fact that you are a human being now.. in your world the existence of the whole ecosystem is important, if one of if is not present everyone would be affected but to us it wouldn't. This may sound cruel to you but this is just how we live our lives."

  Mikasa closed her mouth and sigh worriedly.  She look at him secretly, watching as his face seemed to contort in pain, worriedly, Mikasa stood up and ask.

" Are you feeling alright? If not, then you have to go to bed early."

" No!" He huffs, suddenly flushing. " I'm fine."

" Your not fine," Mikasa grits her teeth, " Tell me what you feel..why do you suddenly look like that?" She look at him solemnly. " ..is it because I said I will go back to the human world--!?"

" Argh!" He ground in pain, clutching onto his head and she began to panic again. 
"Eren! What the--!!! I'll call the Queen Mother --" but before she could stand up, he grab her wrist and forced her down with him.

" Don't." His angry voice is shaking, but Mikasa couldn't understand why.

" Why not? Your mother may know something so--that's--why!?"  She ask, both confused and scared of him, he had never look at her with such darkness in his eyes before and seeing his eyes right now, made her body tremble.

She felt a shiver on her body, his eyes-- his eyes were the same eyes present in her nightmares. Those cruel eyes that looks down at them while laughing as all the vampires were slaughtered.

"Hnngg-" Despite trembling in pain, Mikasa stood up, glaring at him angrily. "What is wrong with you? "

"Why did you come back!?" Her question received another question, the voice is full of anger. " You should have been dead five hundred years ago, why did you come back!? You are ruining all of my plans!!"

Hearing that, Mikasa glared despite being scared. " You were just bound to loose." This is not him, he is sure of that.

"No!" The shadow shouted, merging to the unconscious Eren. The Shadow walk close to her, slamming her to the floor.

"Ack!!" She groaned as she vomit blood, she glared at the shadow.
" You have no chance of winning, I'll swear it." Despite her pain, Mikasa was able to utter a threat. " I'll carve you out of him by hook or by crook."

" I'd like to see you try, milady, but then.. don't you want to come back to your home, The Earth.. I'll be sending you there,". The possessed Eren smiled at her, touching her face carefully.

She glared at him angrily. "Huh--" before she could even utter an insult, she found herself feeling like she had been thrown to a deep cliff and her body is badly punctured.

                        ______

        "Your awake."   The Queen Mother sighed in relief as her son finally open his eyes.  Her son hasn't woken up for the whole month and Mikasa somehow vanished, mysteriously so. There is no record of her or anyone ever entering the portal to the human world, and the blood tree- it's even worst than it is before. Seeing the tree wither each day without any chance of ever saving it, the Queen Mother is slowly loosing her hope.

"Quickly, call the Doctor!" She ordered, as the other vampire hurriedly teleported out of the room. 

"Mother," he calls, before a sharp pain assaulted his mind and he groaned.

" How are you feeling?"

"I feel terrible."

"I expected that," The Queen Mother sigh.

" Where is--" He began looking around.

"You are looking for the lady."

"Yes." He answered firmly.

The Queen Mother sigh again, worrying for his health.
" Son, I'll tell you when you got better."

"You are making me worried, please tell me."

" Just listen to me.". The Queen Mother replied to him firmly. Authority radiating on her.

"Mother--!"

"If she left this world on her own accord, you shouldn't bother her anymore. Focus on your job as the king. You have a responsibility to fulfill and you must not ignore it." 

".. It's just that, mother, I--" The Queen Mother closed her eyes, sighing, before she turn her attention back to her son.
" Please, Eren, Focus on your job first. You are the king and you have a responsibility to fulfill."

Eren stared at his mother solemnly before  nodding in agreement. " I understand."

"If so, take care of your health."

" Yes, Queen Mother."   Eren look exhausted and stressed and if he does look like it, he really feels like it. A week pass by without a single rest for the king, more of his people began to rebel against the royal family, led by the most influential family next to them, The Tyburs, The Ackerman's remained silent all those years. Their neutrality is something to be proud of, ever since the death of the Queen, they kept their silence, almost shunning the royal family away. 

Eren look at the uproar in front of him , led by Willy Tybur.

"Your Majesty!" The other nobles greeted him as he gestures then to sit down.

  … …

The good talk lasted about ten minutes before it turns grim  again, everyone's expression held a negative and disapproving look on them.  Sitting there, they look like lion's patiently waiting for their next prey to come to them as they put on their best baits to lure them but nobody wanted to get caught. Especially not him.

"It's not that," He finally spoke …  "It's not too much if you think about it..what if to revive the blood tree, we must sacrifice a life." Eren's eyes turned dark as he look at Tybur suggestively.

Tybur paled as he felt the king's gaze on him.

"Your Majesty's  Humour is really unmatched, hahahaha."He laugh awkwardly as the king's gaze fell on him. 

" A joke?" The king's low voice sent shiver on his entire body.  "Do you think I'm joking?"

" Ahh, no! Your Majesty, please calm down."

" How could I when you are openly disrespecting me?" Willy Tybur paled again as if he wasn't pale earlier.

"Tell me," Tybur heightened his senses as the king spoke again. "Do you not love your life anymore?"

The king releases a powerful aura, enough to blow someone up. The nobles held their head high but the monster lurking around Eren can clearly see them shaking and he grinned, satisfaction rose in his heart.

  "Ah--" Tybur felt choke despite the fact that there is no hand holding onto his neck, blocking his airways. "Your Majesty!! Please hear me out!! I'm begging you!!"

Though, clearly struggling, he managed to  speak.  The king release him, and he gasped for air as he fell on the ground with a loud thud. "Then, speak."

"We are only worried about the Tree, if it continues like this, we will be eradicated. It's my duty to be concerned."

" Yet, you consumed almost all the fruit and plan an illegal cutting years ago."  Tybur sweatdropped.  " It's a miracle that you are still alive, you shouldn't have been. If you talk about sacrifice so much, why don't we start by having you sacrificed for the tree first." Tybur grew horrified as the king continues to talk, threatening him.

"B-but-!"

"Silence!I didn't ask for you to speak right now."

"Please, your Majesty, have mercy. Find mercy in your heart."

"What ridiculously stupid idea is that?" Eren ask, his voice sent shiver to their spines. They feel like they are infront of an entirely different person. "I was wondering why you were never punished before."  His voice sounded extremely calm to the point that it is terrifying.

"Y-" before Tybur couldd say another word to the king, he found himself thrown from across the room with a loud thud, vomiting blood in the Process.

" It's long overdue but who cares, a crime is a crime."

Tybur found himself held up high by the king, as he look down, he met the angry eyes of the king, he cod almost see the fury present in those dark eyes. The nobles didn't bat an eye as Tybur gets humiliated by the king, their uncaring eyes look at him in disinterest. Seeing that, Tybur felt anger built up inside of him.

"You'll pay for this."

------------------------------------------------

I published this in school , actually I wrote while in school too.🌚

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.1K 55 16
Formerly, "I Took In A Weakened Goddess, And Now I've Been Reincarnated In A New World" --- At that moment, I couldn't get myself to pull the trigger...
7.5K 502 10
"Please just... leave me alone..." Maybe that was the last straw for me, the last beating I could take before it finally kicked me off the edge. The...
12.7K 937 11
⪼Beaten up and betrayed, {Y/N} dies an unfair death because of their backstabbing best friend. ≫Realizing they have been reincarnated, {Y/N} searches...
31.6K 741 9
After a long night with the current unit of the Scout Regiment. Eren wakes up hangover with a black eye. And everyone is staring at him? Once Armin t...