The Lost Soul: The Hybrid

By MaryyLee8

June was popular and everyone knew of her and her whereabouts. They loved her, She was only 17 about to be 18... More

Prologue
Chapter 1:
Chapter 3: JUNE'S POV:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5 JUNE'S POV
Chapter 6: Cedric
A/N
Chapter 7

Chapter 2 : CEDRIC'S POV

1 0 0
By MaryyLee8

I was at school when my body was jolted with shocks all over. "Paige! I think it's time we go home" We were only in our second class of the day and I had a feeling something was off at home. "You sure Cedric? I think dad would have a cow." I shrugged. "He may understand specially if I feel like my soulmate is there." She nodded and stood up. It's been a week that I have felt immense pain and couldn't get it to stop.

Once we left to head home, the jolting got worse. "I feel sparks or like something was electrocuting me. Something isn't right Paige. I think she's here somewhere." I stated and grabbed a water from the back seat. We made it to the house and I smelt the scent of vanilla and strawberries. "Paige she is here." I stated as we got out of the car and walked inside. "What are ya'll doing here?" I turned to see dad standing there.

"I had this weird feeling something was going to happen today pops, I couldn't shake it and my body kept telling me to come home." He sighed. "We have a new house guest for the time being until we trust her to be by herself and her family." He said softly looking up the stairs. "What do you smell son?" I frowned. "Vanilla and strawberries. Smells devine." I sighed in content.

"I'll go check on her dad, cedric you stay here or go to your room because you don't want to scare her." I nodded and smiled. "Dad she's my soulmate, do you think she'll accept me?" I asked vulnerable to the thought of being rejected. "I wouldn't reject you if given the chance to Cedric." I heard the voice of an angel and turned around looking at the strange being the voice belonged to.

"Wow." I whispered slowly walking up to her. "You're beautiful love, I'm cedric." She smiled shyly, "I figured since paige is still upstairs, I mean unless your name is Stella and in a mans body." I laughed. Looks like someone is in a playful mood. My dad laughed. "June you are funny. This is my son Cedric." She nodded. "I know. I did my research before I felt him here. My witch side comes in handy." I looked confused. "Witch? Aren't you a vamp?" She nodded. "I have two scents to which you smelt. Ones my witch and the other is my vamp." I nodded.

"aren't you new to this though? How would you know?" She laughed. "My mom and books. These books here come in handy better than the ones at my old school." I laughed and tackled her. "You want to play Then lets play." She laughed and poke me then threw me across the room. "Oops still don't know my strength. Oh wait. I do!" She laughed and flew up the stairs. Damn she's going to be fun to be around I thought and chased after her. "I AINT READY TO BE A GRAND DAD YET!" My dad yelled out at me. I laughed and followed her into her room which amazed me.

"A galaxy? Oh sunshine where you at?" I laughed and followed her scent. I looked everywhere but couldn't find her. Her scent is here but she isn't, I spoke to my inner self. Maybe Since she is a witch she playing with magic, we might want to step up our game. He told me. I agreed she's playing with fire, so I will play with the water to put it out.

Walking to the door, I looked around the room. It suits her really, she is out of this world incredible and I couldn't be happier that I found her. "I'll let you settle in I'm across the hall if you need me beautiful." I smiled and flitted over to my room. Upon walking in, I saw my dad sitting in my chair. "She needs time to adjust. She'll be going to your school. Maybe you should get your group of friends over to meet her later? Just try to talk to her to see if that will be okay with her." I nodded agreeing with my dad. "She's a hybrid?" He nodded. "Her family sent a message to me before she woke up saying that they thought keeping her away from our world would keep her safe and that she'd take on the role of one of the two species they were. They didn't want everyone to know about her just yet because they didn't know what she was. So when she woke up and they saw her eyes they called me. They told me that they were scared for her safety and they hid her for this exact reason. They know that the hunters will try to get to her. They also know that once the council finds out they hid her from them not letting them know they had a child that they will most likely lose their life, which is why she is here. They went to speak to the council and explain everything." I sighed and sat on my bed.

"Will the council kill them?" He shrugged. "Probably not, knowing they only did that to keep her safe and away from danger they'll let them by with a slap on the wrist. What she needs now is someone to lean on in case the council doesn't allow them to explain and kills them on spot. She also needs a witch to train with, and she'll be training with you for her vamp side. Cedric you need to be careful. She is two dangerous beings and will have to learn to balance the two to live safely." He explained standing up. "She is safe here son, Please try to be nice and show her what your heart is made of. For her to accept you is the main concern. She said she wouldn't reject you, but never really agreed to accept you, so please try to keep an open mind about this."

"When she does accept you, you will know the complete joy and happiness. You'll understand why I was so distraught when your mom died. I hope you never have to feel this." I looked at him. "When a mate dies, can they come back?" He nodded. "Sometimes if the goddess allows them to come back. It rarely happens. Only do I know of one time it happened. To uncle Rick, He lost his mate to the hunters and before she was finished with her life, the goddess allowed her to come back and be with him as long as she finishes what she was meant to do. She is still here, because she is to train June." "How do you know that?" He laughed. "She told me the goddess said that one day she'd need to train a young hybrid. I'm only guessing June is that hybrid." I nodded. "Thank you dad. I'll protect her as much as I can." He left my room and I stayed on my bed finally laying down.

"BOOO!!!!!!!!" I jumped about ten feet in the air after this outburst. "What the." I stood looking around and realized June was in the corner laughing. "Oh you think that is funny?" I asked stalking to her. She nodded her head. "Yeah you weren't expecting it and you screamed like a girl!" She laughed out looking up finally and then suddenly vanished. "JUNE!? I wasn't gonna hurt you. Please come out and talk to me?" I didn't get a response but a knock at the door. "Brother? You okay I heard screaming." I sighed and right before the door opened I heard June say. "Yeah you screamed like a girl? Did a ghost scare you or did you see a spider." Paige busted out laughing.

"Cedric you better not be scared of no spiders! Ghost don't even exist!" She laughed out. I slammed my door open. "No I screamed because someone wanted to scare me and run." I looked behind paige to June who looked amused. "Maybe be smarter next time." She said and floated to her room and slammed the door. "Bro, If you want her to accept you that wasn't the way." I sighed and ran my hand down my face. "Of course not, but when she doesn't even let me see her and talk to me its just hard. I've been waiting for her for all my life and I come to find out everything. I'm just confused and all" She nodded

"Think about it in her point of view Cedric, she just got told that she wasn't human and shes a hybrid. She is also in danger if she doesn't get the right training. You got to understand that she is just trying to distract herself from reality. Let her adjust before trying to talk to her. She'll come around. When she does you'll realize that it was worth the wait." I nodded and hugged her. "Thank you." She smiled and walked into June's room. I gapped at her and walked back into mine.

I opened my mind and ears to listen in on their conversation. "June I know you're scared about whats going to happen and that you're protecting yourself, but my brother won't hurt you. He won't turn against you unless he was poisoned to, he is always observant in what he consumes, plus he can't harm a fly." She sighed. "Paige, It's not him I'm afraid of... It's this world, everyone, I don't know anyone and My parents are going to the council. I don't want to lose them. They protected me from everything even though they lied to me my whole life, I had a boyfriend, friends before all this. I don't know what to even think. I don't believe they are human, they seemed to hate vamps too much to be human and if they are maybe hunters? I'm just not sure." June sighed.

"That is what Cedric is for love, He's going to protect you to the best of his abilities. Right now he's stronger but once you train with both a witch and vamp you'll be stronger than us all. You have a reason to live, He's your soulmate girl, give him a chance to prove he won't let you down." I could hear the reassurance in paiges words, she was trying to comfort my mate into accepting. "I'm not rejecting him paige, I'd never do that, it's just a lot to take in in one day... I wish I knew what I was a long time ago so I could have found ya'll sooner, My parents wanted to protect me but keeping me from what I was wasn't the way to go, it put me in more danger." I sighed and cut the link. Could that have been the case. I linked my dad to meet me in the meeting room.

I flitted to the meeting room, ready to voice out my concerns. "Hey old man!" I exclaimed walking in. "You wanted to see me son?" He asked. "I have some concerns and questions to of which contain June but also they are seriously important to keep in mind. Maybe the council would know if you don't but I think I rather ask you first." He nodded for me to go ahead. "What if by her parents keeping what she was from her put her in more danger than they thought? What if where she went to school, everyone there was hunters? She said or well told paige that when she told them she was going to a different school they asked questions and when she answered they all hated the thought of vamps and witches? What if she is in danger and we cant help her in time?" He sighed and sat down. "All good questions. Lets ask paige and June to join us." Paige can you and June come to the conference room me and father have questions. I linked her so hopefully they'll be here soon.

In the next five minutes, the door burst opened to reveal June and piage. "You called?" Paige asked leading June to the table. "June we have questions, you don't have to answer but would like to know" My father asks. He looked at me "Ask away son" I let out a breathe. "Do you think you were in danger at the old school? What is your thoughts on finding out you're a vamp?" She sighed and looked up at me finally. "You over heard the conversation me and paige had did you not?" I nodded. "I wasn't trying to listen but when I heard that It made me think." She nodded. "you're forgiven, anyway I do think that the school was filled with hunters, and wolves, However; I don't think I was in danger until I revealed I'm a witch and vamp. I do think I am now. I'm scared that this will bring trouble and I don't want to involve you guys." She whispered shyly.

"You are officially apart of our family, you're my sons soulmate your troubles are our troubles, We don't mind. Plus my sons been dying to protect the love of his life so he'll be happy to protect you at all cost." My father explained. "DAD!" I shouted. "What its true you always spoke about finding her and now that you have you turned into some kind of whimp." He laughed. I sighed. "Yeah maybe, but June I don't want to pressure you into anything I just want you to know I'm here for you as we all are but me being your mate its on a different level. I'll eventually feel your pain and despair and your hurt, I'll feel everything you feel once the bond forms into a stronger one I just want to know more about you so I can protect you and keep the bad away. And if I can't I'll always find you in this life and next." I said looking at her deeply.

She smiled lightly. "I do know my ex-boyfriend is hiding something and I don't know what it is but I'd like to find out. Is there a way we can send someone or get a recorder or something to figure it out?" I growled at the mention of an ex. "Hey in my defense I didn't know what I was until I woke up from my coma so stop your growling mister!" She gave me a stern look. "We can send someone to act as human till we figure it out." She smiled at what my father said. "It should be a girl, so he can flirt with her and earn her trust to invite her to his house, because he keeps his closet locked, but on top of that he'll open up to her once she says yes to being his." My father nodded. "Cedric, do you have someone in mind?" I smirked knowing he was talking about Bethany. That girl can't stop trying to seduce me whatsoever.

I nodded and linked Bethany to meet me in the living room in five minutes. "Meeting dismissed, June follow paige and she'll take you to the witch who will be training you starting today." My father commanded. As I left and walked to the living room, The girls were behind me. "Hey there handsome, called me for some fun?" Bethanys voice sounded out of nowhere. I looked up to see June fuming and stormed off. "No Bethany I didn't, I found my mate and I want you to STOP trying to get into my pants because it isn't happening." She laughed. "You haven't found her yet, I would know." I shook my head. "I have and no you wouldn't you don't live with me like she does, and she doesn't start school till next week so shut up so I can give you your mission." She frowned but didn't talk. "I need you to go to the school June was attending and attend there as a human until you get the info we need from her ex-boyfriend. You will talk to June now before she goes to the witch, make sure Paige is with her while ya'll speak!" She nodded and took off while I followed. I seen Paige leave the room. "I told her to make sure you stayed with her while she spoke to her. I don't trust Bethany near her." I spoke softly and started listening into what they were saying.

"So Cedric sent me here being the next queen and all..." My mate shut her up. "If you were the next queen, then why is he trying so hard to protect me and show me that he'll be the perfect mate to me? He isn't your mate so just stop trying to get me pissed because you wouldn't like it if I were angry." I haven't heard her speak like that the whole time being here. "Anyways he wanted me to get the information from you so I can start my mission. Whose your ex-boyfriend and what school did you go to?" June growled. "My ex-boyfriend is Drake, and the school was Hudson High School. You'll find a place to stay near Claymore street. Those houses are secluded and vacant. It'll give you time to feed if necessary. Call me if you need any more information. The friends I used to have are Madison and Gregory, Sasha, Star, and Steph. They all think their all that. Plus they are hiding something to but I didn't mention it in the meeting because I didn't trust anyone here yet." I heard her sigh.

"June, I'll get to the bottom of this let me ask you a question and I want the truth because If your answer is what I think it is then I think I might know what they are." I didn't believe it. Bethany actually showing she cares. Maybe she'll be junes best friend. "When do you start your mission?" June asked? When do I start my mission, Bethany linked me. Tomorrow morning it'll give you tonight to get whatever information you need and try to get to know June she don't have no friends and she needs all that she can get. Because she is meeting my friends when you leave tomorrow. But thank you Bethany. I linked back. Cedric I might have flirted with you a few minutes ago but that was before looking at June and seeing how important she'll be. I don't want to piss her off I heard laughing.

"I guess when I get back from training with the witch we'll catch up and get to know each other and then go from there with the information. Meet me here within an hr or two." I flitted to my room and linked the group guys I got someone for you to meet tomorrow, so meet me in my kitchen tomorrow morning for breakfast. They replied back with okays and Val just simply said YES in my head like she knew who she was meeting. Oh wait she does. I laid on my bed when I heard a knock on the door. "Come in" I should have known who it was but I wasn't thinking. "Hey beth what's up?" "When I get there when would I know my mission is complete?" She whispered. "When he gives you every last detail of what he and the others are." She nodded.

Madison's POV:

It's been a month since June left to go to that god forsaken school of vamps. I couldn't believe she is the one we were searching for this whole time. I stormed up to Drake. "What are we going to do now? The boss is going to have our heads if we don't show up with June." He smirked. "I know what we'll have to do, but to do that we'd have to wait till they do they're search. I know exactly how to make them hand over June and if not then I know how to make her hand over herself. If that doesn't work then We'll just have to go there and pretend to be one of them." He said "That's easy, how would we know we always get new students." I said as a matter of fact.

"We'll figure it out before they figure out our secret. The boss won't be pleased." I nodded and we walked to our class. "Anyway aren't you glad you are rid of her drake?" He shrugged. "I loved her Mads, That didn't change. I don't hate her for being a vamp, the boss just wants her because she isn't just a vampire she is something else. He just won't tell me what. I don't want to hurt her, I never did. She is still my world Mads, She means everything to me!" I sighed. "But she is the nasty vamp that can kill you." He shook his head. "She went to that school to learn to control her urges not to become a monster. I know you're a were and all, but don't go around spreading lies about June or else I'll spread lies about you!" I growled at him and stormed off.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.4K 363 20
Kia had grown up in multiple human foster homes since she was 7 years old. She had become one of the "unadoptable" kids because almost everyone that...
54.6K 1.3K 41
- ! Book contains explicit content ! - _ From the life of silver chains to the world of golden spoons. Here's a story about the life of Athena Noir...
1.2M 37K 20
Ginny's parents died saving her from a rogue attack, her brother along with the rest of the pack blame her for killing them. If she wouldn't have gon...
667 159 16
Naomi Knight wasn't any ordinary Vampire, she has had abilities and powers. Not only was I a vampire but a part of me was a wolf too, that my friends...