How Not To Summon a Demon Lor...

By CrazyPlatinum1899

(Y/N) (L/N) was your average 15-year-old student who lived a very decent life as a teenager. He was then intr... More

Chapter 1: Arriving in an Isekai Video Game! (EDIT 3x!)
Chapter 2: Guild Registration and Quest!
Chapter 3: Fallen Invasion!
Chapter 4: The Fallen Army and an Ambush! (EDIT!)
Chapter 5: Bounty Hunting?!
Chapter 6: Releasing the Collars and a Prince of the Elves!
Chapter 7: An Old Enemy (EDIT!)
Chapter 8: Rescuing Shera! (EDIT!)
Chapter 9: War Problems (EDIT!)
Chapter 10: The Demon Lord's Salvation and a Scary Paladin!
Chapter 11: The Demon Lord's Resurrection!
Chapter 12: Betrayal
Chapter 13: The True Demon Lord!
Chapter 14: A Start of a New Adventure!
Chapter 15: An Explanation!
Chapter 16: The Past, The Zircon Tower City, and a Mysterious Premonition!
Chapter 18: Campfire Songs!
Chapter 19: The Dungeon!
Chapter 20: The 12th Floor!
Chapter 21: Varakness!
Chapter 22: A Troublesome Organization!
Chapter 23: The Royal Capital!
Chapter 24: The Escape and a Plan!
Final Chapter: A Righteous Faith!

Chapter 17: The Truth of the Disease

824 33 12
By CrazyPlatinum1899

-No One's P.O.V-

(Y/N): In this totem, I saw Rem and Lumachina tied up on an X-shaped cross with Batuta and Shiliu in front of them.

This made the girls surprised, but also confused at what you just said.

Shera: Rem and Lumachina tied up?

(Y/N): Yeah, but there's Batutta and his maid were with them. It's like they were planning on something...

Leaf and Shera looked at each other in confusion until Leafa spoke up to you and said...

Leafa: (Y/N), you're not pulling our leg, are you?

(Y/N): No, I know what I saw when I looked inside the totem! It's like...I was looking into the future.

Shera: The future?

Leafa: Let me take a look at it.

You handed Leafa the totem as she begins to examine totem around until she finds the large two-shaped hole behind it.

You waited for her reaction, but Leafa only looked up at you and said...

Leafa: No, I don't see anything.

(Y/N): What?! That's not possible!

You grabbed the totem from Leafa's hands and looked into the two-shaped hole, but nothing happens.

(Y/N): The hell? It only worked for me.

Shera: Ehehe, maybe you just need some shut-eye, (Y/N).

You were shocked at the current situation you were in.

(Y/N): (Was it only one time? I only just foreseen the future once and saw Lumachina and Rem tied up! Did Batutta and his Maid set us up?!)

You thought to yourself in shock as you threw the totem on the bed and quickly left the guest room to check where Rem and Lumachina had a chat with Batutta.

Leafa and Shera looked at each other in concern before following behind you.

Once you got to the room where Batutta and Lumachina talking, you try opening the doorknob, but it wouldn't open.

(Y/N): Shit, it's locked.

Shera: Um...maybe it's best if we-

You interrupted Shera as you summoned out your pink energy blade from your right hand and sliced the door in half before kicking it open, knocking the sliced doors onto the ground.

Upon entering the room, Lumachina wasn't there along with Batutta, the Maid, and Rem.

Leafa: What the? Weren't they supposed to have a chat in here?

(Y/N): That's what I was thinking...

Shera: Look!

Shera points down at the floor and the three of you found Rem's summoning crystal, indicating that she was prepared for an ambush.

(Y/N): (Damn, so it's true...Batutta and his maid set us up!)

You thought to yourself until the three of you heard fast footsteps behind you as the three of you turned around and see Diablo and Horn entering the room.

Shera: Diablo!

Diablo: Everyone?

Leafa: And....Horn?

Horn: So you three were the first to notice it?

(Y/N): You can say that again...

Leafa: Diablo, look.

Leafa showed him Rem's summoning crystal in her right hand.

Horn: See? It's just like I told you! Batutta's taken your friends away!

Shera: What do we do? We really shouldn't have trusted him!

Diablo: I didn't think he'd make a move this soon. We still needed to recover ourselves first, too.

(Y/N): The Death Knell Disease. It's not a mere disease, it's a curse!

Shera & Horn: What?!

Leafa: (In actuality, Senpai, (Y/N), and I knew about the disease itself because it was a limited-time event in Cross Reverie.)

Diablo: At any rate, for now, we need to get Rem and Lumachina back. Let's go!

(Y/N)/Shera/Leafa/Horn: Yeah!

And just like that, all of you went off to find Rem and Lumachina's whereabouts.

-With Rem-

Somewhere underground, we see Rem slowly waking up from her sleep until she finds herself being tied up in an X-shape cross along with Lumachina.

Rem: What is this?!

Lumachina: You've come to?

Rem: Lumachina!

Lumachina: I was already here when I came to, as well.

Rem looks up to see that she finds spiral staircases that reach to the top which is about three floors above.

Rem: It looks like we're underground somewhere. And pretty deep, too.

Rem says to herself until she had a small flashback of what had just happened to her and Lumachina.

-A couple of minutes ago-

Back at Batutta's castle before the kidnapping, Rem and Lumachina were having a chat with Batutta.

Batutta: The Paladin Brigade is a group of adventurers that I organized to protect the priests in this dangerous city. It's true that due to my failings, their violent behavior has stood out.

Lumachina: So you promise to correct their behavior, then?

Batutta: Of course.

Lumachina: By the way, this city is plagued with what's known as the Death Knell Disease, isn't it?

Batutta: Yes, it's a terrifying illness.

Lumachina: Illness? You believe that, as well?

Batutta: Pardon me?

Lumachina: Well, it's not an illness, but a curse, right?

Both Rem and Shiliu were alarmed by Lumachina's question.

Batutta: Why do you think of that?

Lumachina: I knew it. When I prayed on behalf of that child, I heard the voice of God. It told me that someone is casting a large-scale curse to threaten the lives of the people in this city.

Batutta slightly widen his eyes in surprise.

Lumachina: Does that ring any bells?

Lumachina questions as Batutta pauses for a moment before saying...

Batutta: Goodness, I didn't think you had noticed.

Lumachina: *Stands up* Head Paladin Batutta?!

Suddenly, Lumachina's vision starts to get blurry until she realizes what had just happened but she immediately falls to the floor, passed out.

Rem: Lumachina?! Lumachina!

Rem called out to her friend as she goes to throw her summoning crystal to summon Asla. Rem also can notice that the cause of the fainting comes from the burning candle itself before she starts falling onto the floor and fainted.

Batutta: *Stands up* Looks like the sleeping drugs finally kicked in. You sure wasted my time. Shiliu!

Shiliu: Yes.

-End Flashback-

Rem: Damn that Batutta...!

Rem said angrily under her breath.

Lumachina: Miss Rem...

Rem: Hm?

Lumachina: By the way, what are those people doing?

Lumachina asks as Rem looked to where Lumachina was looking at.

Rem then gets a close view and sees a couple of men and women doing obscene things.

Rem: Wha-Wha-Wha?!

Lumachina: Miss Rem?

Rem: *Looks away* I-I-I believe they're...doing that.

Lumachina: Huh? What do you mean by "that"?

Rem: Well...

???: You two!

Both Lumachina and Rem turned to the familiar voice in front of them which is none other than Batutta and his Maid, Shiliu, who was wearing a revealing outfit.

Batutta: How do you like being on the altar for our ritual?

Rem: Batutta!

Lumachina: What are you talking about?! This place is filled with evil! Such a repulsive later would never-

Batutta: Exactly. What we have here is corruption.

Rem: What are you planning to do with us?

Batutta: Shiliu.

Shiliu: Yes.

Shiliu then walks up to the two tied-up women with a large jar in her hand. Shiliu opens the lid of the jar, revealing a mysterious green liquid inside.

Batutta: That is the concentrate that causes the Death Knell Disease.

Rem and Lumachina were shocked upon hearing that as Batutta continues to explain the whole thing.

Batutta: This concentrate can be produced from the essence of evil. It's literally the source of evil itself. Now, how does one obtain this essence of evil?

Batutta turns around, looks at the people doing erotic actions, and said...

Batutta: They're like beasts, aren't they? Yet they were all once devout believers. Their faith was strong, and they were virtuous men and chaste women with a sense of justice. But all it takes is a little push on the back to make people fall! Fornication, bloodshed, gluttony...When a person falls, the essence of evil is created!

Rem: S-So you make people commit sins in this place?

Lumachina: That's...That's just...Ah, God...

Lumachina says in horror upon seeing the former believers has fallen into corruption.

Batutta: My research has shown that those who can use more powerful miracles produce richer essence of evil when they fall. Which also means it should produce a stronger concentrate.

Lumachina: You want to inflict the Death Knell Disease on that many people?!

Batutta: That many? Not at all. I'm only targeting one person right now. Just the lord, Laminitus.

Rem: All for that?

Lumachina: Why are you comitting such a great sin? I heard you were a noble man. What happened to you?

Batutta: My family was killed. I was betrayed by my best friend. I was threatened by Fallen.

Batutta says in his explanation before forming an evil smile and said...

Batutta: *Approaches Lumachina* Would you be satisfied with tear-jerking backstories like those? *Leans close to Lumachina* There is no real reason. People are just greedy and sinful.

Lumachina: But you...

Bautta: *Pulls back* I can't wait...to watch the Head Priest, the highest member of the church, fall into lust. Shiliu, I'll leave the rest to you.

Shiliu: As you wish, Master. *Approaches to Lumachina* Getting to corrupt such a beautiful woman is so exciting~. Soon enough, you'll be begging me to give you more. Now, I'll start licking...to your very depths~!

Shiliu then opens her mouth, revealing her long tongue. Lumachina start to think of what would happen to her and screamed out "N-No!!!"

However, the sound of the explosion occurred at the top of the stairs, causing everyone to stop and look at the top.

The smoke then clears, revealing to be (Y/N) and the Co.

Leafa: Hey y'all!

Shera: Rem and Lumachina!

Diablo: Sorry for keeping you all waiting.

To your point of view, you can see Lumachina and Rem were tied up in the X-shape cross until you begin to think to yourself upon realizing something...

(Y/N): (The totem wasn't lying, after all. It did show me the future of Rem and Lumachina getting kidnapped by Batutta and Shiliu.)

However, you weren't the only one thinking about the totem predicting future events. Both Shera and Leafa were also seeing this as well and thought about what you just said earlier ago.

Batutta: I knew you'd come!

Diablo then snaps out of his thoughts as they all see Batutta coming up toward the group.

Batutta: Diablo, was it? I'm impressed you found this place.

Diablo then smirks as he put his left hand on your right shoulder and said...

Diablo: It was easy. It's all thanks to my apprentices, (Y/N)!

Batutta: Oh? What did (Y/N) do?

(Y/N): It's simple, old-timer. I used one of my skills called "Mana Sensing". I can be able to locate someone's magical source from far places. That's how we found you, Batutta.

Batutta: Hmm...what an interesting skill you have there, young man.

Batutta says while stroking his chin.

Diablo: Batutta, just what kind of place this is?

Batutta: If you're a first-rate sorcerer, then can't you tell?

Diablo (Takuma): (Excuse me?! I'm not a first-rate guy! I'm a mere shut-in gamer with two online friends!)

Leafa: Hey, old-timer. Don't tell us that you're going to cast the curse for the Death Knell Disease, are you?

Batutta: Oh? Did you hear about that from Lumachina?

Diablo: You're saying she realized it, too?

Batutta: Hmm? You didn't hear about it from her?

Diablo: Who do you think I am? I am Diablo, the Demon Lord from another world!

Batutta: What nonsense!

Diablo (Takuma): (Hardly anyone really believes that...A while ago, (Y/N), Suguha, and I introduced ourselves to Rem and Shera that we're from another world. They were so trusting, believing us that easily.)

Diablo: You learned about the Death Knell Disease curse by a Fallen, have you?

Batutta: H-How did you...?!

Leafa: (We hit the score! That curse was created by the Fallen themselves.)

Diablo: I told you I'm a Demon Lord, didn't I? Now, release those two.

Batutta: You're clever, and I can tell that you're unreasonably strong, too, but what kinds of magic can you use here?

Diablo looks down at the stairs as Batutta continues to speak up.

Batutta: And are you skilled at fighting on stairs? How many times can you evade me on these steps?

Diablo: You're the one who's going to struggle, unable to dodge! *Points his staff at Batutta* Explosion!

Diablo fires his magic at Diablo almost at close range.

Shera & Horn: You did it!

However, Diablo's explosion caused the area to crumble and rocks to fall from above.

Diablo: What is this!?

Suddenly, the stairs that Diablo stepped on started to fall including him, but Diablo stepped onto the second set of stairs safely.

(Y/N): You okay, dude?

Diablo: I'm fine!

Batutta: Well, it's a dangerous place, isn't it? If the blast from your attack collapses the walls or the ceiling, what's going to happen to your friends?

Diablo: Why, you...(He's right, they're brittle. I can't be reckless. And his movements are fast. Did he instantly dodge my attack? To him with that speed, I need a spell with a wider range or perhaps I can send out either (Y/N) or Suguha to do my bidding.)

Batutta: Not coming for me? Then I'll come for you!

Diablo (Takuma): (What level of magic should I use?!)

Batutta: Heh! You hesitated, greenhorn!

Diablo (Takuma): He's fast!

Diablo then tries blocking using his staff, but the tip of Batuttas spear opens, firing out an air slash toward Diablo's left arm, causing a huge cut and blood to spurt out.

Shera: D-Diablo!

Shera cried out to him while you and Leafa were gritting your teeth altogether.

Diablo: Ngh...You're quite good, Batutta.

Batutta: Whoops...You came here overconfident in your own strength. You might think you managed to pin down my secret location, but it was a trap to lure you in!

Batutta monologues while Diablo felt the pain from the inside as he tries not to show it.

Diablo: Don't underestimate a Demond Lord! How about this, then? Lightning Sphere!

Diablo casts his spell as a purple pentagram appears at the tip of his wand. At the front of the purple pentagram, a glowing yellow ball appears as it goes around in circles.

Diablo (Takuma): (This spell only affect its target, and it doesn't blast the surroundings. Now, Batutta, try and overcome this one! Then he'll get blasted back by the Ground Mine I placed on the wall!)

Diablo thought to himself with confidence while Batutta stood there with a "Hmm.."

Diablo (Takuma): (What's wrong? He's not jumping at me?)

Batutta: It's too easy to tell what you're after.

Batutta then easily side-steps to avoid the attack, not intending to fall to his death, but simply grabbed at the edge of the stairs to avoid the magic spell and went towards Diablo and is ready to thrust his spear at him.

Diablo was shocked upon seeing this as Batutta quickly goes to thrust his spear towards Diablo's heart.

Batutta: You lose!

Batutta raises his spear up in the air and its tip starts glowing rainbows.

(Y/N): (That's Rising Spear! It's one of the Martial Arts that can be used on Lance users!)

Batutta then goes to thrust his spear toward Diablo's chest, but Leafa suddenly appears in front of Diablo and takes the stab.

Leafa: Gagh...!

Shera & (Y/N): L-Leafa!!

Diablo: L-Leafa...you...!

Batutta: Oh? This is surprising...

Batutta says as he pulls out his spear from Leafa's chest, making Leafa fall onto her knees, bleeding out.

Batutta: I always make flawless preparations and lure strong foes into my strategies to ensure I defeat them from an advantageous position! Hahahahaha!!

Batutta boastfully laughs while you and Diablo were seriously pissed off as the two of you were about to throw hands at Batutta.

That is when they all hear a dark chuckle coming from the collapsed Leafa.

Leafa: Hehehe...

Batutta stops laughing and everyone looks at the collapsed Leafa as she begins to speak up.

Leafa: Who gets to decide that you'll win...?

Leafa slowly stands up until a black aura forms around her, causing a gust of wind around her.

Batutta: Y-You're still alive...?!

Leafa then slowly looks up at Batutta with an evil look on her face.

Leafa: For stabbing through my chest...you're gonna have to pay with an arm.

Batutta widens his eyes until he felt something whooshing on his right arm. He then turns to his right arm and sees that his right arm falls off along with the spear that he held onto.

Batutta: What?! *Blood spurts out from his right arm* My arm!!!

Batutta cries out as he starts holding his severed arm in pain.

Diablo (Takuma): (Whoa, that's new. I've never seen Leafa like that!)

Diablo thought to himself in awe while you also think of what had happened to Leafa.

(Y/N): (Wait, that was one of Leafa's passive skills! I think it was called "Void of Resurrection". If Leafa is below 1 HP. Her strength and speed will be doubled for 20 seconds! Plus, she'll regenerate her health back to 20 percent in an instant!)

Leafa: Heh, what's wrong, Batutta? Need a hand with that?

Leafa asked jokingly, causing Batutta to grunt in anger before saying...

Batutta: Y-You damn Demon Elf...! Shiliu, do it!

Shiliu: Yes, Master~

Shiliu then opens the handle of her whip, revealing a small dagger inside.

Shiliu: Looks like your strategy ultimately triumphed, Master.

Shera: Rem!

Rem: Don't worry about me! Just fight!

Batutta: Hehe...!

Diablo: Why, you...!

As Diablo was about to think of something, Shera used her fired her arrow from her upgraded bow from Krebskulm's power.

The arrow then pierces through Shilu's right arm as she screams out in pain, dropping her weapon.

Shera: How's that? It's my Angel Shot!

(Y/N): Shera, that was pretty good!

Shera: Hehe, thank you very much~!

Everyone then turned back to Shiliu who is still groaning out in pain until she was quickly turned into stone.

Shera: Huh? Huh? She turned to stone?

Leafa: So those are the effects that Klem gave Shera's bow with.

Shera: K-Klem, this is too scary!

Batutta: *Steps back in fear* Sh-Shililu...

Rem: Shera!

Horn: Are you alright?

Rem looks down to see Horn cutting off the ropes where Rem's was leg tied up.

Rem: You're...

Horn: Hehe! I wanted to prove to that guy...*climbs behind the X-marked cross* that I can be a little useful, too.

Diablo: Now, what will you do, Batutta?

Leafa: You're outclassed, old-timer!

Batutta has got nothing left to do as he fell onto his knees with his severed arm still bleeding out a little.

(Y/N): (Seems that he is finished or perhaps he bled out to death?)

You thought to yourself with a relieved smile until all of you can hear Batutta chuckling before saying...

Batutta: You will all sink into a sea of despair.

Diablo: What?

Batutta: though it's unfortunate that I won't get to watch your faces filled with grief!

Leafa: (This guy...he still wants to keep fighting?!)

Batutta: Shining Blow!

Diablo quickly gets in front of Leafa and fired out another one of his magic spells.

Diablo: Darkness Cannon!

Both Batutta and Diablo fired out their magical energy beams toward each other.

Both of them were having a beam struggle which caused the underground to start crumbling until Diablo starts to overpower him as he eradicated Batutta from existence.

(Y/N): Senpai!

Both you and Shera got down to where Diablo and Leafa were.

Diablo: You two, what are you doing down here?! This place is about to collapse!

Shera: Sorry, Diablo. I want you and everyone else to get out of here first!

Leafa: She's right. We can't leave anyone behind if this place collapses.

Diablo smiles and nodded in response.

(Y/N): Here you go, Senpai.

You handed him his wand as Diablo takes it from your hand.

Diablo: Alright, everyone. Head down with the others. Now!

(Y/N)/Leafa/Shera: Right!

Both Diablo and Leafa jumped down while you picked up Shera in a bridal-style carry and fly down.

-At Laminitus's Bathroom-

Back to the surface, we hear the sound of gunshots coming from the tower.

We then entered the tower and see Laminitus wearing her bath towel around her was choked by a mysterious man.

Laminitus: Who are you?!

???: Pardon me for interrupting your bath. I am Varakness, the one appointed as the Grand General of the Demon Lord's Army. The Demon Lord has...His Majesty has awakened, so I've come to advise your surrender.

Laminitus: Surrender? Is the Demon Lord planning to rule the people of this city?

Varakness: The Demon Lord's rule is merciful and fair. *Grins and Chuckles* He'll have all of the moral races commit suicide. That's far more merciful than allowing them to be devoured alive by monsters. What do you think?

Laminitus: My answer is...You're an idiot!

Varakness then laughs as he pulls his hand away from Laminius and said...

Varakness: That's great! I love strong women.

Laminitus: Don't you dare toy with me!

Laminitus aims her gun and fires at Varkness which is a direct hit. However, Varkness starts laughing from behind the smoke.

Varkness: Fanis Laminitus, I will not kill you. I shall add you to my harem.

Laminitus: Your harem?

Varkness: I shall come to collect you on the night of the next full moon. Be sure to pick out your wedding outfit, Fanis.

Varkness then disappears out of Laminitus's sight.

Laminitus: Don't use my first name so lightly! *Lowers her gun* That ruffian! The night of the next full moon...

That is when Laminitus felt a presence behind her and sees a floating platform.

-With (Y/N)-

Shera: It's floating.

Horn: We're really floating.

(Y/N): Heh, nice one.

Leafa: Seems you managed to do your flight skills, Diablo.

Diablo: *Nods* Mm.

-Flashback-

A few minutes ago when the underground was about to collapse, (Y/N) and the others were gathered around in a circle.

(Y/N): Alright, what now?!

Lumachina: Sir Diablo!

Diablo: Stay close to me!

Diablo closes his eyes and exhales until he re-opened them, revealing his purple-colored glowing eyes.

Diablo: *Raises his wand* Change your position as my will demands! *Smashes the handle onto the floor* Adzet!

A large light-green pentagram appears on the ground until Diablo finally said...

Diablo: Rise!!

-Flashback End-

Diablo (Takuma): (That really was a close call.)

Rem: Lumachina?!

Diablo turns around to see Lumachina who looked feeling Ill just now.

Leafa: What the heck happened?!

Shera: Hang in there, Miss Lumachina!

You and Diablo found a Death Knell Disease on Lumachian's left thigh it has two complete X-Marks and the third one had a backslash, indicating that it was a new one.

Diablo: This is the Death Knell Disease!

(Y/N): How the hell did this happen?

Leafa and Diablo remembered what Batutta said before he died.

-Flashback-

Batutta: You will all sink into a sea of despair.

-Flashback End-

Leafa: (Damn, he already placed the curse on Lumachina!)

Shera: Oh yeah, Miss Lumachina! Just pray for healing like you did for the baby!

Diablo: That's impossible. Lumachina's miracles won't work on herself.

-Flashback-

Lumachina: The power of miracles won't work on my own body.

-Flashback End-

Upon hearing that made Shera and Rem shocked and upset...

Shera: No way...No! Miss Lumachina!

Lumachina: Do not worry. I'm sure this is also part of God's plan.

Diablo: That's right.

Rem: Diablo!

Horn: Mister, that's just-

Diablo: Which is why you won't die yet!

Lumachina: Sir Diablo...

Diablo: You journeyed here to correct the rot within the Church, didn't you?! Then put some strength into your guts! Don't surrender to some curse! If you need it, I shall lend you my power!

Everyone was smiling at Diablo's words while Lumachina was in awe before a smile appeared on her face.

Lumachina: Right. I won't give in to any curse!

Diablo: Have faith in me!

(Y/N): Hey, Horn.

Horn: Yes?

Leaf: Can you take us to the new dungeon, please?

Horn: *Smiles* Okay! I'll take you guys there!

(Y/N): (Alright. Once we get to the dungeon that Takuma, Suguha, and I have created. There should be a protective charm that should cure Lumachina's curse. We took it by clearing the event a while ago.)

Diablo: There lies the item you need to defeat the Death Knell Disease!

...

...

(A/N: That's that~! Stay tuned for more~!)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71 0 7
If any deity out there ever isekai me please make me into my characters in the stories with all the powers/abilities/looks but Must finish the story...
600K 23.3K 46
❝ Have you ever heard about the story of the Phoenix? Legend has it; the Phoenix carried its flames for 1000 years before burning itself. When it ros...
434 65 23
- This the SECOND SPECIAL STORY under Crossing Fates Series... kindly read the first four books first. Book 1 - Escape Book 2 - Capture Book 3 - Deta...
342K 9.8K 70
[Death is the natural end to a life, uneventful or otherwise.] [Those who bridge the gap between life and death battle against nature.] [To flow agai...