The dragon lady

By dame_thompson

This story will be about Miranda priestly in the devil wears prada. It's a slow burn between andrea and Miran... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Chapter 4

380 16 1
By dame_thompson

It was in the middle of the night when Andrea woke up by whispering noises. She opened her eyes and 2 redheads were standing beside her bed. "What's up sweeties?" Andrea asked in a tired voice. "We can't sleep and we don't want to wake up mom, we're scared" they said together. "What are you guys scares of darlings?" They were sobbing at this point, "monsters" Andrea held in her laughter, "don't worry sweeties, come" she opened her arms and they hugged her. "Andy can we sleep here?" "I suppose the bed is big enough" Andrea said, she smiled and tucked them in, they were both hugging Andrea and they fell asleep just like that.

The next morning the 3 of them were still asleep when Miranda walked in. "Andrea do you know where the girls ar.." she stood there watching them, one hand on her hips, she was wearing a purple dress just above her knees, a belt, gloves and jimmy Choo heels to topp it off. "Bubbseys what are you guys doing in Andrea's room?" She glared at Andrea.

"We were having a bad dream mom, we couldn't sleep. We didn't want to bother you and Andrea said we could stay here" Miranda stared at Andrea, "sure she did.. now if you excuse me, I'm heading to work" she turned around to go but then stopped and slowly turned to face Andrea. She narrowed her eyes and stared at her studying her body in her nightgown."Oh, and an-dre-ah, make sure the girls have breakfast and let roy take them to school" she turned around and walked out of the door, she mumbled to herself. "I look better in that nightgown" Andrea stared at her, "i heard you Miranda" Miranda snorts, "it's the truth darling"

When Miranda left, Andrea got dressed and went downstairs to make the twins some breakfast. She was cooking when the girls came in, they watched her cook and waited for their food. Andrea placed down the plates with pancakes in front of them.
"Enjoy girls, be ready in 30 minutes. Roy will take you guys to school and I'll be here when the both of you get home" they nod and they start to eat. "Thank you Andrea" Caroline said. "It's delicious" Cassidy finished. "Glad you girls like it" Andrea smiled at them. "Do you know when mum gets back?" They asked. "I don't know, I'll call her to ask" Andrea said to them. "Eat your breakfast loves because otherwise you're going to be late" the girls mocked her, "yes mommm" they rolled her eyes. Andrea laughed at them, they were six and she could already notice the behaviour of their mother in them.

The girls were brought to school and Andrea was just reading a book enjoying her free time, she kinda loved this job. She didn't have to do anything for miranda when she was at work. At least.. she thought.. then her cell phone rang. She looked at it in confusion, "oh hey Miranda" she didn't even got a hey back she instantly started to give orders, more demands.

"Don't forget to remind roy to pick up the twins, get my lunch just how i like it on 12:30 sharp. Also call my ex husband Stephan and tell him to stop mailing me since I'm not interested. Get my laundry done by dropping it off on the full-service wasserette next door of the elias-Clarke building and don't forget to pick it up by the end of the day, roy can drive you. That's all Andreahh"

She hung up the phone like she always did, Andrea sighs. "Great, I'll get right to it Miranda" she said sarcastically. Apparently i still have to work for her when the girls are in school" no but seriously what did i expect it's miranda priestly" the thought. She called Emily, "hey em, i need to know what Miranda always has for lunch, i have to deliver it on "12:30 sharp" she mocked in the high class Miranda accent.

Andrea heard a laughter on the other side of the line, "oh darling, how funny this is. To be clear, i do not sound like that" Andrea froze, it was Miranda. "I- I'm sorry Miranda i"

"No no I don't need your incompetence bothering me, i want the steak with mashed potatoes. Emily is off today so I'm taking the phone calls, to be honest it's the best thing ever. Everyone is in shock when they hear my voice"

"Not a surprise, I'll be right away with your lunch Miranda" she laughed about what just happened and hung up the phone. She just mocked Miranda priestly.. yep she did..

she called roy to pick her up and drove her to the laundry service. She went to her room and saw a basket with laundry standing on her bed. you can't imagine how much it was, she changes  outfits a few times a day and she NEVER wears anything twice. She picked up the basket and looked at the depressing mess. Andrea frowned, "lingerie it is i see" she laughed and went downstairs and headed to the car.

She arrived at the laundry service and dropped off Miranda's laundry. "Before the end of the day it needs to be ready, I'll get someone to pick it up under the name of Miranda priestly. Make sure nothing gets wrinkled, they're high fashion brands and most of them are so extraordinary they're not even being sold in stores yet so do not fuck them up" she handed her 200 dollars and she left without even asking the price.

She got back to the car to go to the restaurant to order Miranda's lunch. She sat down on the backseat of the car, "take me to eh, wherever Miranda gets her lunch normally" roy drove off to that restaurant, he apparently knew the address where she gets her lunch. He really is a good driver

Andrea walked inside, "Miranda priestly's order please, steak with mashed potatoes" the service girl started to freak out instantly when she had heard 'Miranda priestly' everyone was running around like fools, gathering and making Miranda's lunch. After 5 minutes they handed her the well packed food so it wouldn't get cold. "On the restaurant ma'm" the waitress said and Andrea thanked her and drove to Miranda's office.

She entered her office and placed down the food, Miranda turned around to face Andrea and she took off her glasses and placed them down on the table. She looked at it and looked up at her. She stands up and starts to walk towards the door. "Andrea oh I don't want that. She said 'that' like it was the most rotten moldy plate of food existing. I'm having lunch with my ex husband Stephen and I'm leaving now, call roy to wait for me outside and you ehh, Emily 2 get my coat"

Natalie got up and handed her her coat, "have a nice lunch Miranda" Miranda just waved her hand at her to shut up and she left. Andrea was annoyed, "seriously i came all the way up here for something she didn't want" she took the box of food and instantly threw it in the trashcan. "This woman" she angrily whispered. She called roy to inform her Miranda was going to lunch and he has to bring her.

"Fuckk.. how do i go home.."

"Roy also, take me with her too just drop me off at the townhouse after you brought her" it was quiet for a while. "Andy she doesn't like company in her car" " i know roy but i wanna go home so she'll have to just accept this for once jesus" roy laughed quietly, "take a break later on andy, you're stressed and mad" "fine, whatever, I'm coming" she hung up the phone.

She walked towards the elevator and froze when Miranda wanted to take the same one, she never shares an elevator. Andrea stood there looking at Miranda. "Can i eh" Miranda just nodded and Andrea stood beside her. There was an awkward silence, "so ehm, if you don't mind I'll ride along because otherwise i have to wait till roy is back and  i need to be on time for the girls and i.. this is also probably the reason why u don't like sharing elevators" andrea mumbles.

Miranda just stared at her, after a good 10 seconds Miranda cleared her throat. "The, button Andrea" she looks confused and then stared at the elevator button, "fuck they weren't even moving yet and i stood there like a true idiot, of course she expects me to click on it"  she clicked the button and apologised, she swore she could see a smirk on her face.

When they arrived at the limousine Andrea opened the door for her and she got in herself afterwards. It was a silent car drive. After 10 minutes roy pulled over the car. "Destination reached Miranda" he said firmly. She got out and gave a look at Andrea. "Good luck Miranda" Andrea said and she closed the car door. Miranda heads inside of the restaurant.

Stephen was already sitting in the restaurant and he waved at miranda. She ignored him and sat down.
"Hey how are you miranda?" Miranda sighs, "I'm quite alright, but that's not why we are here are we?" Stephen laughs "didn't change a bit" "would you like to order the lunch already?" Miranda simply nodded and a waiter walked over to their table. "Could i get you lovebirds something to drink?"

Miranda almost died hearing this, she started defending herself. "We are not together and I'm glad we're not anymore, don't you know who i am little missy? Don't talk to me like that just do your job it's not that hard. This man is not my partner. Now get me a martini."

Stephen gave a weak smile, "she didn't mean it like that I'm sorry" Miranda stared at him. "I do mean it" stephen clears his throat, "i eh,  i'd like a cola please"
The waitress excused herself and stephen looked at her. "Are you serious Miranda, that was rude" Miranda snorts, "and if i care, im Miranda Priestly dear"

Moments later their drinks arrived and they ordered their lunch at that moment too. "I'd like the salade" "and i'd like a steak" stephen said. Miranda sipped her martini, "let's get to business shall we?"

"Why am i here exactly stephen" "Miranda it's about the twins, i really want to discuss it before going in court" Miranda nodded, "yeah sure, tell me" "the girls are a part of my life too, they're my kids too and I barely see them" Miranda stared at him. "Excuse me?"

"You were never there for them, you cheated on me with other woman and you never cared about me nor the kids. Stephen you are an abusive cheating asshole" she said almost whispering. "Don't think you'll win because I've got Andrea on my side and i can always tell them who you truly are"

Stephens didn't change expressions a single bit. "We'll see Miranda, I'm a different man now. The twins are 6 and I haven't been there for them but now I'm willing to"

"Not going to happen stephen, you won't have a single part of the custody. I'll see you in court" she simply got up and left. Roy was still waiting outside for her and Miranda got in. "Roy drive me to the townhouse I'm not feeling well" roy obeyed her and drove to her house. Miranda kept in her tears, she was thinking about her past and everything that had happened to her and her beautiful twins. Life wasn't fair, the twins deserved better. Somehow Miranda couldn't get the right person, eventually they were all after the fame or money or sometimes just because it's "the dragon lady" she wiped away her tears and she prepared herself. "It's just so unfair to the girls.." she mumbles to herself before getting out.

Andrea and the girls were already in the townhouse when Miranda got in. "Hey bubseys mommy is home early how great is that!" She said with a happy voice. The twins came running towards her. "Don't run or you'll smack your little head on the floor if you fall" they immediately stopped running and fast-walked towards her and hugged Miranda. "Hey mom" they both said. Miranda gave them a kiss on their heads and she looked at Andrea. "Thanks for picking them up' Andrea smiler at her, "no problem, it was the least i could do" Andrea walked over to the girls, "is it a good idea if you guys go play with your dolls for a moment, me and your mom need to have a little conversation" she said to twins. They simply nodded and walked out of the room.

"What's this about Andrea? Did i do anything? Did something happen? Did Stephen called? Did-

"Miranda stop it" Andrea said while taking her hands in hers. "Come here" she opened her arms and gave her a hug. Miranda didn't know why she did it but she cried, every emotion she had escaped, she couldn't hide it anymore being in Andrea's embrace. "It's okay darling, i knew something was wrong" Miranda pulled away and looked her in her beautiful brown shiny eyes. "Thank you Andrea" and she gave her a kiss on her cheek. One of Andrea's hands were on Miranda's waist but neither of them seemed to care. "Want a drink?" Andrea softly asked. "More than one" she replied laughing a bit.

Andrea went to the kitchen and got her some whiskey. She handed it to her. "Didn't i say i needed more than one?" Andrea laughed, "we don't want that Little incident to happen again do we" Andrea teased. Miranda smirked, if she was doing this then Miranda should do it better. "Depends, I certainly wouldn't mind" Andrea just gasped, "you won you won" Miranda smirked. "I know darling, no one can upstage me. No one can do what i do"

*****

It was evening and the twins had already gone to bed. Miranda and Andrea sat down on the couch and Andrea took her cold hands. "Want to talk about Stephen?" Miranda simply shook her head. "If you want to talk I'm here" Miranda stood up and walked away. "I'm going to bed" Andrea gave a sweet soft "okay" she looked at her watch, it was 22:00, there was something off.

Miranda walked into her room, she immediately dropped the heels and collapsed on her bed crying. She wasn't okay, she doesn't know how to be feeling. After a good 2 hours she heard a knock on her door, "come in" Andrea walked in, already wearing her nightgown. "Hey.. i was gonna head to bed, why are you still awake?" "Cannot sleep" she said stern. Andrea walked over to her and sat on the side of her bed, "I don't like it to see you cry" she took Miranda's hands and pressed a kiss on them. "Take off from work tomorrow, I'll let em take care of everything." Miranda nodded and she gave a weak smile. Andrea headed towards the door when Miranda spoke. "Please stay?" Andrea looked at her, "are you sure?"

"I am." Andrea smiled and gave her a hug, "i can sleep on that couch if you want?" "Sleep in my bed it's fine really" Andrea felt a bit weird about it but she didn't really care, this was her opportunity to get closer to her. She had lay down next to Miranda and they talked for a bit, they were both now comfortable and they were spilling tea about work.

"No seriously, Emily does everything i ask and she stresses way too much"

"Because she's scared of you"

Miranda looked at her, "how could someone be scared of me?"

Andrea rose an eyebrow, "you don't know that everyone in runways fiers you except for me?"

"I didn't know if I'm honest, yes i'm cold and i know what i want but I didn't know they were afraid of me"

They laughed and talked further and later on finally decided to go to bed, there was a tension between them and they were a bit distant. Miranda brutally asked in the dark when they almost had fallen asleep. "Do you like woman" Andrea laughed, "yeah why?" "Oh nothing" Andrea looked at her in the darkness, "what about you?" Miranda laughs, "don't tell anyone but yes i do" Andrea wasn't expecting that. "How and when did you know?" She thought for a while, "i think I confirmed it when i met you' she said like it was the most normal thing to say. "Wait, do you like me?" Miranda nodded, "yeah kinda?" Andrea laughed at her, "i like you too Miranda even if i don't want to admit it. Andrea wasn't expecting it but suddenly miranda was on top of her , they captured their lips together. It was slow and passionate, how many times andrea had been dreaming about this was insane. Exactly how she imagined it, her lips were so soft. Eventually they pulled away to catch their breath.

"Woah" Andrea said while still recovering from what just happened. "I really should sleep now darling, goodnight" Miranda said. they held each other and drifted to sleep.

________________________________
Author:

So sorry i was so busy the last few weeks (maybe a month) so sorry xx i had a writing block too how lovely. I'm sorry it suckss🫶🏻

I wanna apologise for the english, if there is something i'm writing wrong every time please tell me so i know! I'd love to have your thoughts about this chapter<3 I'm quite busy so I'm not sure when the update is, I'll try updating before max 5 days💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

645K 17.7K 87
This story starts with you getting a part in a new marvel movie. You become friends with many of the MCU cast, including Elizabeth Olsen(but will you...
6.7K 135 12
just one shots about one of my favorites ships
22.4K 584 7
Enemies. That was what you were. She was an Avenger, you were a criminal. You should hate her, she should hate you. So why do you love the feeling of...
1.8M 64.6K 47
"You have already ruined my life, what else do you want?", I barked at him. "Ten minutes", he muttered. "What?", I asked as I was unable to hear him...