Written in the Stars

By kayley_ulmer

In which Kit Knight finds herself trying to stifle feelings for her brother's best friend, who just so happen... More

Introduction
bonus: aesthetics
01: Oh, Brother
02: Dance With Me
03: Love Science
04: Code Breakers
05: Boyfriend
06: Beach Party
07: Date Night
08: Kings and Queens
09: Worldwide
10: Paralyzed
11: 2 Truths and a Lie
12: Contest
13: All Around the World
14: Super Moon
15: Double Dibs
16: Daddy Issues
17: Self-Titled Album
18: Exes and Uh-Ohs
19: Moment of Truth
20: Babysitters' Club
21: Gold Rush
22: Camping, Hollywood-Style
23: Puppy Love
24: Kit Gets Promoted
25: Scandal
26: Liar, Liar
27: Bonus
28: Prince Not-So-Charming & Robot Cinderella
29: Tour-Bus Logan
30: Pranks 2.0
31: The Return of Wagonie
32: The C in MCAT
33: Break Out
34: Dreams Do Come True
bonus: social media
Bonus: Sneakers
Bonus: Second Studio Album
Bonus: Reality Stars
Bonus: Bad Boys
Bonus: s1 headcanons
Bonus: Moms

Bonus: Songwriters

145 6 0
By kayley_ulmer

Note: This bonus chapter takes place between Beach Party (ch. 6) & Kings and Queens (ch. 8).

[ Big Time Songwriters: 2 x 14 ]

"We need your help!" James and Logan spoke over each other as they leaned into Kendall.

They hardly waited for Kit to pick up before they started yelling into the speakerphone. Kit pulled her phone away from her face, rubbing at her ringing ears. Slowly, she brought the receiver back to her face:

"Well, hello to you, too. My day is going great, thanks for asking. How's yours?"

"Sorry, Kit Kat," Kendall sighed. "Griffin wants some bonus songs with a 'fresh new sound,' so he hired some new songwriters, but instead of writing, they were just fighting!"

Kit frowned. She was partially offended that no one thought to ask her for help.

"Okay?"

"They got put in the hospital," Logan explained.

Kit's eyes widened. "Oh, um, okay. Sorry, what did you want my help with?"

James pushed to the front of the group and grabbed the phone. "We need you to help us write a song, because you're the most talented songwriter we know."

"And, please," Carlos pouted.

Kit sighed, "Fine. But I'm not doing everything for you. I'm only going to help."

Kendall and Logan exchanged glances. They had, in fact, expected her to do it all herself.

"We know," James assured her. "Just, please? Can you meet us at the studio?"

With a heavy sigh, Kit hung up the phone. She took her songbook from her desk, grabbed her purse and car keys, and headed off to rescue Big Time Rush's bonus tracks.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Kit made it to Rocque Records just as the songwriters Griffin hired— Daryl and Jam Box— were wheeled off into an ambulance. One of them had his head shoved through a drum set, while his partner had been stabbed with several drumsticks. Kelly waved to her as she climbed into the back of the ambulance. Kit waved back, eyebrows furrowed, as she passed. On her way in, she also ran into Griffin. He gave her a curt nod.

"Oh, good," he said. "That was fast."

Kit gave him an odd look. "Okay? Hi, Griffin"

She didn't stick around to chat. Kendall mentioned fighting and songwriting, and Kit had a sinking feeling that would be the first thing they tried. It didn't take her long to find the boys. Gustavo's yelling could be heard from the hallway.

"Are you ready to sit in complete silence for hours, waiting for the perfect lyric to arrive?"

Kit steeled herself as she entered Studio A. She paused at the doorway to take in the destroyed instruments that littered the room. The boys stood in front of Gustavo and his piano, listening intently. Logan was even taking notes.

She decided to approach them as Gustavo stood up.

"Or stare into the eyes of the sun to find that killer hook? Huh? Are ya?"

Eyebrow raised, Kit cut in: "Please, do not do that. That was a metaphor-"

She gave the boys— Carlos and James especially— a pointed look.

Carlos was the first to recover from Gustavo's screaming:

"You and Kit could write the song with us!"

"No," Gustavo snapped. "Because you are the dogs, and I am the lone songwriting wolf!"

Kit gripped her songbook. "So, I can leave, then?"

"Nope," James shook his head.

"Yes! Now, all of you, get out of my studio!"

The boys scattered as Gustavo began to bark at them. Kit simply stared at him, blinking rapidly. She followed behind the boys as James gripped her hand, pulling her as they ran home.

Kit frowned. "Seriously? You made me come all the way here for this?"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Kendall came up with a plan to get Big Time Rush their first songwriting credits.

"All we have to do is get Gustavo to take the day off, and we write and record a song at the studio."

Although James and Carlos were immediately on board with this, Kit and Logan shared a look.

"Yeah," said Logan. "One problem. How do we get the lone wolf out of the studio?"

Kit pointed to him. She had the same question.

They didn't have to think about it for too long. Katie stepped off the elevators to find five expectant teens grinning at her. Well, the boys moreso. Kit's smile was more natural than the boys' unwavering, wide grins. She dropped her hand halfway from pulling a magazine from her pool bag. Her eyes darted between the boys:

"What are you idiots so happy about?"

The boys' smiles didn't fade. Kendall only nodded in response.

"Stop, it's creeping me out!"

James was the one to answer her, but the others didn't make any sudden moves.

"We're going to take over Rocque Records and beat Gustavo at writing the the hit song for our deluxe CD!"

"He'll kill you," Katie reminded them.

"Oh, no, he won't," Logan assured. "Because he'll be busy at the Palm Woods' new health spa..."

"That you run!"

Katie crossed her arms over her chest. "I want 20% of the song publishing."

Kit grinned at her sister. She could be devious, sure, but her ambition was going to take Katie very far in life.

"What is that?" Kendall furrowed his brow.

Kit rolled her eyes, "Just say yes."

"Yes!"

With that, much to Kit's chagrin, she was being dragged straight back to Rocque Records.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Gustavo was still dragging his feet with the boys, but Kit was distracted by the wheel behind him and the dart in his hand. Girl, love, forever, heartbreak, even hate, made sense to her... But muskrat? What place did muskrats have in a Big Time Rush song? Was Gustavo going to write them their own "Yard Squirrel Christmas?" It certainly didn't fit with the theme of the album overall.

"Because the lone wolf will have his..."

Gustavo turned and threw the first dart at his board. Kit's eyebrows rose at the result.

"Muskrat..."

The other dart stuck in the purple section.

"Love song by the end of the day."

Logan hummed, jotting this down in his notepad. Kit stilled his hand. She shook her head.

"I'm learning so many things about songwriting," said James.

Kit grimaced. "No, you're not."

Gustavo gave Kit only a warning glare in response:

"Now, get out, because dogs stressing me out is not good for songwriting!"

"That's why you need to relax at the Palm Woods' new spa."

"Yeah," Gustavo gave Carlos an odd look. "Why would I want to go to a spa?"

"Uh," Kendall raised an eyebrow. "Because Jay-Z wrote an entire album while getting a seaweed mango body scrub."

Gustavo lifted a finger to his lips, thinking it over.

"Well," he said. "Relaxing and clearing your mind is good for songwriting-"

He took off his sunglasses. Logan looked hesitantly at Kit before he wrote anything down, but quickly scribbled it in when she gave him a nod.

James didn't give Gustavo more time to dwell on it. He placed a patterned paddy cap on his head.

"Here's your hat."

"And your complimentary coupon."

James and Carlos were pushing him out before Gustavo could say a word.

"Bye!"

"Have a great time!"

"Rest and relaxation!"

Logan and Kendall turned back to their friends the second he was out of sight.

"Okay, let's write a song."

James and Carlos had taken the darts from the board when Kit wasn't looking. They each held one up: "On it!"

"Time to write the..."

Kit grimaced at the result.

"Hate baby song."

James and Carlos turned back around.

"Well, dartboard method's not working," Kendall stated the obvious.

"Of course not," said Kit. "Did Gustavo say anything useful about songwriting?"

Logan checked his notes.

"He said, uh, 'state into the eyes of the sun to find the killer hook.'"

Kit's shoulders slumped. "Oh, no."

They didn't listen to her when she gave her second warning about the very real, permanent damage that could be done by looking directly at the sun in broad daylight. Instead, Big Time Rush filed out onto the ramp by the side entrance, placed their hands on their foreheads to see better, and locked their eyes head-on at the sun.

Kit watched from the other side of the glass door, her lips in a deep frown. She opened the door to let them back in when they screamed, eyes burning, and retreated.

"Where's Logan?" She noted that only three of the boys made it back.

Kit took a step outside to find that he had fallen over the other side of the railing, blinded. She sighed deeply. "I told you not to do it."

"Sorry," he groaned. "A little help?"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

While their eyes recovered, Kit suggested the boys try to just brainstorm ideas. In silence, with just the sound of a metronome to guide them. She was surprised at how long they lasted, though less surprised by the paper airplanes, spilled popcorn, and clear boredom that it produced instead of an idea. It was Kendall who finally broke the silence:

"Well, one thing's for sure: this metronome is not helping!"

He grabbed the thing to quiet it.

"Look," Carlos sat up abruptly. "We just got to dive in. We gotta stop thinking about it and just make music."

Kit smiled. Logan and James shared the sentiment:

"He's right!"

Only their idea wasn't exactly what Kit had in mind. Rather than blurting out lyrics or brainstorming themes, they took to the studio and each began to loudly play a different instrument. None of it meshed well and it was difficult to hear much with how harshly Carlos was slamming the drums.

"Hey!"

Kit yelled over the noise. They stopped, Carlos threw his drumsticks in defeat.

"This is not working," she said. "Now, put those back!"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Despite having Kit at their disposal and being the ones to drag her there in the first place, they didn't seem particularly interested in listening to her tips. The boys were still trying to find something useful in Gustavo's advice. So, they returned to the lounge for a game of foosball.

Kit sat on the nearby couch. She wordlessly took out her songbook and wrote a little something for herself.

"Okay, so," Logan didn't look up from his game. "Gustavo said clearing your head and relaxing is good for songwriting."

"What's more relaxing than a nice, friendly game of foosball?" Kendall grinned.

Though she was only half-listening, Kit added: "Something non-competitive."

As Carlos sunk the ball past James's goalie, he exclaimed. Jumping up and down, he let out an improvised tune:

"Oh! Oh, oh, oh, oh, o-oh!"

Kit looked up. It was the closest they had gotten to writing all day. Sure, it was one word, but it was something.

Kendall gripped Carlos's wrist to stop him.

"Hey, hey, hey," he pointed to the boy once he stopped his jumping. "That's not bad."

James blinked, "You're kidding, right?"

"Well, it needs more lyrics, but at least the 'oh' song has a melody!"

Logan crossed his arms, "'O' is a letter, genius, not a song title."

"Oh?" Carlos lifted his hand mockingly in a circle. "And you guys can do better?"

"Yeah!" James took the challenge. "Just give me a minute and the song will come to me."

He closed his eyes, held his hands out, and tried to think. But nothing came to James. After a few seconds of silence, Kendall cut him off:

"We don't have a minute! We have to write the song before Gustavo gets back."

Panicking, "Then get us more minutes!"

One quick call to Katie, and a little groveling later, Kendall secured them one more hour.

Hoping that putting the melody to music would help, they returned to the studio. Kendall picked up a guitar and James took the piano while Carlos sat on the amp. Kit sat in a nearby chair next to Logan. The song wasn't quite coming out.

"Look," said Kendall. "We're out of time and the 'oh' song is cool, so we're recording the 'oh' song."

He tried strumming the guitar again. In a faster tempo than Carlos had, Kendall repeated the melody. Carlos joined him, tapping against the amp. James tried a note on the piano, but gave up.

"Not feeling the 'oh' song," he admitted.

"Do you have a better song?"

"Yeah," he nodded. "Yeah, yeah. Ooh, yeah, yeah-"

Turning back around in his bench, James began to play a tune on the piano:

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah."

He turned back around, confident. "That was good."

"No," Carlos huffed. "Our song is way better."

"Of course, you'd say that! 'Cause you always side with Kendall!"

Kendall rose, "No, he doesn't!"

"Yeah," Logan pointed out. "He does."

"Okay," Carlos scoffed. "Then you pick the song. Which one's better, Logan: the 'oh' song or 'yeah' song?"

Kit looked to Logan, eyes softening. He gaped and glanced between his friends. Kit jumped in:

"Uh, you guys–"

Kendall hushed her. "Let him speak."

Logan stood, hesitant. "Um, I would really rather not get into the middle of this, so, uh–"

"Big surprise," Carlos taunted. "Logan doesn't want to make a decision."

"Hey!" James stood. "He makes decisions!"

Kit nodded.

Logan's lips parted. He wanted to say that was true, but given his recent attempts to sort out his jumbled emotions and decide what to do about his relationship with Camille and feelings for Kit, Logan knew it was true. Harsh, but true.

"Then, decide."

Logan spluttered. He threw his hands up, "Fine! The 'yeah' song is a happy interjection which promotes positive feelings," he gestured to James, who beamed. "Whereas 'oh' connotes unpleasant surprises."

Kit seemed to be the only one who understood his explanation. The other boys gave Logan blank stares and confused looks. Frustrated, Carlos exclaimed:

"Say it in words that we know!"

"The 'oh' song is stupid!"

"What?"

"Yeah!"

Kit's eyes widened as they began to yell. Her stomach dropped as James pushed Carlos. Before any punches could be thrown, she darted out to stand between James and Logan and Kendall and Carlos.

"Cut it out! This is not how you write a good song-"

Kendall jutted his lip out in thought, "Kelly did say that fighting doesn't solve anything."

So, they decided to give civility another chance. A chance that lasted a whole of two minutes. This time, Kit resolved not to get involved. She was wearing her favorite dress today and didn't particularly feel like having it ripped or like getting accidentally hit with a drumstick when Carlos missed.

While they duked it out in the main hallway, Kit hid out in the peace of the sound booth. She emerged only when she found it too quiet. Hesitantly, Kit stepped out into the hallway. Her jaw dropped as she took in the disaster zone. It looked like a tornado had ripped through Rocque Records and destroyed whatever instruments, furniture, and snack bowls got in its way.

Carlos and Kendall, who hid in Gustavo's office, slowly opened the door and peered out.

"Helloooo?" Kendall called.

His eyes lit up as he spotted his twin. "Hey, Kit Kat," he grinned. "There's my favorite sister!"

"I'm not writing the song for you," she narrowed her eyes.

Kendall gave the tiniest of apologetic smiles in response. James and Logan jumped out from behind the overturned couches, shouting: "Ha!"

Kit jumped in fright. The others turned to gape at them. Each both waved about a drumstick in the direction of the other two.

"See? She doesn't want to help you!"

"Yeah," said Logan. "Because we're just going to record the 'yeah' song and Kit is going to help us finish it in Camp Awesome."

"No, I'm not," she shook her head.

Carlos leaned in, telling Kendall, "I told you we should've picked camp awesome."

"No! Kit is gonna help us write the 'oh' song in Studio B!"

Logan scoffed, "Good luck getting through our hallway!"

"'Your' hallway?"

Hey," Kendall gestured to the carpeted hall where Kit was currently standing. "This is no-man's-land."

Kit pointed to him, "That I agree with. I'm not picking sides."

"There's no rules in no-man's-land!"

Kit rolled her eyes. She turned to leave.

Logan and James shared a look. The taller boy jumped over the couch to his girlfriend. In one swift motion, James scooped Kit up by the waist and carried her bridal-style back to Camp Awesome.

"Hey," She smacked his arms harshly but he didn't budge. "Put me down!"

"Okay," he smirked. James leaned over the couch and set her down next to Logan.

He jumped back over it, gripping Kit's hand to keep her put, then picked up his drumstick arrows again. He and Logan each aimed them at Kendall and Carlos.

"Good luck getting past us," James taunted. "And, we have Kit. So ha!"

Kit rolled her eyes. She resigned herself to her fate when she saw that Carlos and Kendall chose to take the defensive route of hiding behind cymbal-shields and running through the line of fire to Studio B. Kit would stay behind Logan and James as long as they were the ones throwing things.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

James led Kit by the hand down the hallway to spy on the boys in Studio B. The two of them, along with Logan, leaned out form behind the break room wall to listen in:

"Say anything you want, I turn the music up, 'cause baby we keep going oh, oh, oh"

Kit smiled. It sounded great. And they'd done it without her help. James and Logan only groaned.

"Great! They're beating us."

"We need lyrics to the 'yeah' song... fast."

The boys turned their heads to look at Kit. She shook her head again. Slowly, she said: "No! I am not writing it for you."

"I know that," James sighed. "But I'm drawing a blank, and I'm usually great with words."

He didn't tear his gaze away from the closed doors. Logan lifted his head to add:

"Yeah, when you talk to girls!"

Both of their heads whipped sharply to Kit. She raised her eyebrows.

James gasped, "Right, perfect. My verbal skills work best when I'm charming the ladies."

Logan stood by the piano, watching Kit's face closely, as James sat her down in a stool back in Studio A. He took a few steps back towards Logan before he sang anything.

"So, tell me who am I supposed to be? What I gotta do to get you close to me? If I run away tonight, would you follow me? Yeah-yeah, yeah-yeah, yeah-yeah"

James gasped.

"Huh," Logan wrote the lyrics in his notes. "That was catchy!"

Kit nodded. "See, I told you you could do it."

James grinned. He stepped over to Kit, grabbing her hands. "Of course I could, because I have you as my muse."

Grinning, he started to lean in to kiss her. Logan's voice stopped him:

"Um, this is a little awkward for me, so–"

James snapped, "Who cares? Because the 'yeah' song is gonna be the bonus track, and Gustavo's gonna love it and us."

Logan smiled at this, satisfied.

"Fine," he agreed. "But can you at least wait for me to leave before you make out?"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

But James and Kit didn't make out just yet. She gently nudged her boyfriend away and told him to call the band in before they lost their momentum.

As he and Logan led them back to Studio B, they passed Carlos and Kendall in the hallway. They smirked at them, offering waves. The boys let out a scream at having lost their chance to get the band.

Once they made their way into Studio A, the musicians greeted Kit. Her close involvement with the development of her songs meant that she had quickly befriended them all in her short time working as an artist for Gustavo. She liked how welcoming they were and receptive to her ideas. So, she took the time to make sure she remembered their names. There was Amy, their keyboard player, Roy the drummer, Josh the guitarist, and Grant the bassist.

"Oh, hey, Kit," said Amy. "I didn't know you were in the studio today. Are we working on one of your songs?"

"Nope," she clapped her hands to her knees as she stood. "It's for Big Time Rush."

The musicians looked around, confused.

"Then, where's Gustavo?"

"Um, he said he couldn't make it," Logan lied.

"But he wants this song finished before he gets back."

"And before he left, I think his words were, um," Logan looked to James.

"Fat bonus, cha-ching!" They chimed.

The band didn't need to hear anything else.

"Let's tune up."

Kendall and Carlos watched from behind the couch as the recording session in Studio A began.

Carlos grimaced as he heard the bassist say: "All right! This sounds good, guys."

He turned his head to Kendall, fearful, adding: "The 'yeah' song is good!"

"It's okay," he dismissed. "But once we get the band, the 'oh' song is gonna be way better."

Carlos nodded. "Okay, but how do we get the band out of Camp Awesome?"

James and Logan's session was going smoothly.

"One more time. One more time"

Frustrated, Kendall slammed his hand down on the couch. It landed on some discarded aluminum foil. He lifted it up, staring at it.

Just as the band began to play their next take, Carlo and Kendall charged across the hallway directly at the glass doors to Studio A. They wore tinfoil hats styled like Viking helmets, carried drumsticks, cymbal swords, and painted war stripes on their faces.

Kit took one look at them and backed up to the wall, eyes wide. She hurried to close herself in the sound booth control room before she got bashed with a projectile drumstick. And it was just in time, too, as Logan and James ran to meet their charge and the usual chaos ensued. The band watched, grimacing with similar expressions to Kit's.

"Surrender the band!" Kendall demanded.

"Never!"

Kit decided to let the fight play out. After ten years of this, she knew better than to put herself anywhere near the middle of them. The only question was how much longer was it going to drag out.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

It was long enough that the band grabbed popcorn and took seats to watch. The fight migrated to the next room, and Kit retreated to join the band in safety. They sat and watched it unfold. Kelly even returned from the hospital. She stopped at the end of the hallway as she saw the state of the studio. She ran straight to Studio A as she heard shouts and the boys' fight.

Kelly looked at the band first, confused. "What are you guys doing here?"

The drummer pointed to Big Time Rush: "Working with your new fighting songwriters."

Kelly glared at the boys only briefly, before she picked up the pair of headphones on the amp and its microphone:

"Cover your ears!"

The musicians did so as Kelly held the microphone up to the amp, using the high-pitched feedback to startle the boys into ending their fight. She stormed into the sound booth to confront them: "What are you doing?"

Kit slowly made her way after Kelly, in case she needed to intervene.

Kendall gestured to the boy next to him, "Me and Carlos wrote an amazing song for the bonus track that goes 'oh, oh, oh.'"

"But," Logan chimed in. "We wrote a better song that goes 'yeah, yeah, yeah.' And then they attacked us with foil helmets and hair extensions!"

Kelly shared a look with Kit. The girls both let out a sigh.

James yanked an extension right from Kendall's head, eliciting a yelp. Kelly and Kit winced.

"It's because our song is way better!" Carlos said.

"No, ours is better!"

Their voices overlapped as they went back and forth. Kelly cut them off.

"Hey! You want to know the worst way to write a song? While fighting!"

"Yeah, but," Kendall said. "Ours really is better, because it goes: oh–"

But James and Logan wouldn't be outdone. They sang theirs at the same time.

"Yeah"

"Oh"

"Yeah"

Kit looked up from her songbook, where she had started scribbling during the boys' fight. She rolled her eyes.

"No," yelled Kit. Raising her voice got their attention. The boys' eyes all turned to her, expectant. "You four idiots wrote one song."

Kelly shrugged, "That wasn't bad. Sing that again."

"Oh, yeah. Oh, yeah, oh yeah"

Kit smirked, "See?"

Kelly nodded. "Instead of screaming 'oh' and 'yeah' at each other, why don't you four idiots scream 'oh, yeah' together and make that your song?"

James sighed, "You're right, Kit. Thanks, Kelly."

Logan shrugged, "It did sound pretty good."

Worried, Carlos asked: "But do you think Gustavo will like it?"

They had no time to think about it. Gustavo roared wildly as he raced up the side steps that led directly into the sound booth. He was wearing a Palm Woods robe, covered head-to-toe in visible dirt, had dry cement shards stuck to his shoulders, and walked stiffly like a zombie.

Screaming, the boys rushed to cower together. Kendall and Carlos gave the girls their Viking foil helmets.

Kelly held out a drumstick defensively: "Wait!"

Gustavo paused, his hands held out at just the length to strangle someone.

"Before you kill them.... And explain what all that is, check out the new song from your new songwriters."

Gustavo assumed she meant Kit. He pointed at the girl, "You dogs made Kit write the song for you, didn't you?"

"Surprisingly, no," she said.

She gestured for the boys to sing him some of it.

As they continued, Gustavo's hands tightened into fists, his face scrunching further in anger. He yelled.

"It's.... Not... terrible," his voice softened. "It just needs a little bit of help, like arranging and producing and a master at the controls. Now, get in the studio!"

"I thought you only write alone?" James asked.

"Let's just say," said Gustavo. "Every now and then, the lone wolf needs his pack."

The boys and Kit shared confused glances as Gustavo began to howl. Kelly gave him a weird look. Shrugging, the boys shortly joined in.

Kit pulled the tin foil hat from head and shook her head fondly at them.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The song came together smoothly by the time Griffin returned to hear it. He was silent after it ended. Griffin stood in his usual stoic manner, arms crossed over his chest. He turned his head to look at Gustavo, then stepped forward to speak into the microphone and address the boys:

"Well, looks like we have a bonus track for our deluxe album."

He shot them a thumbs-up. The boys broke out into quiet celebration, high-fiving and fist-bumping.

Curious, Griffin asked: "But how did you write it so fast?"

"Let's just say it started with some fighting," said Kit. "But ended with a Big Time Collaboration.

"You know," As he clapped a hand to the other man's shoulder, Griffin said. "I think I'll write a song with Gustavo.

Gustavo looked to Kelly before responding. Turning back to Griffin, he shrugged, "Of course, we can skip the fighting."

"No, no," he grinned. "I want to be thorough."

He took a step back and held his arms out. His assistants each ripped one arm off his suit, leaving his arms exposed and Griffin grinning wildly down at Gustavo. He flexed his muscles, which were surprisingly larger than they looked under his suit.

Kit was quick to step back as Griffin began to laugh.

He grabbed Gustavo by his vest and yanked him to his feet, pushing his face against the glass.

Kit, Kelly, and Griffin's assistants filed out of the way before the fight really began. Big Time Rush winced as Griffin wiped Gustavo's face around on the glass, smudging it.

"It's gonna be a good song," James said to Logan.

"Oh, yeah."

And it was. "Oh, Yeah" was the first song the boys of Big Time Rush ever wrote, and it granted them a new appreciation for Kit and her talent. It would also be the last the five of them would do as a group for some time. Griffin might have liked it, but Kit refused to bring physical fights anywhere near her music. Though, she supposed words thrown in arguments were fair game.

Feeling guilty for roping her into their fights yet again, the boys insisted on taking Kit out for food after they left Rocque Records. She made them promise over milkshakes and burgers that they would at least try to fight less next time. Emphasis on try. Grinning, Kit settled into James's embrace as he reached his arm around her on the back of their diner booth. She smiled at her boys. Kit was proud of them, even if she had needed to give them a shove to get the song in place. It turned out that Big Time Rush could write songs, after all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4K 102 5
― ❝ Okay focus! Andi and Big Time Rush are not in a spy movie.❞ ❝ Being in a spy movie would be cool though.❞ OR ―❝ in which andi and the boys fi...
2.1K 128 38
Trinity Maslow was a 17 year old girl on the verge of adulthood when the summer of her big brother's band "Big Time Rush" had their world tour. Being...
14.3K 163 77
James Diamond x OC Kendall Knight x OC ©️ derekhalekolmlover
14.6K 307 28
Eighteen year old Kendall Schmidt is the son of a billionaire. His father wants him to marry girls that are rich just like him. Only problem is, Kend...