Luminous

By jeidafei

Born with glowing green eyes. Destined for rotten luck. Peasant girl Meya Hild was "given" the opportunity t... More

Prologue
1 - The Ice Pillory
2 - Meya
3 - Banished
4 - Lady Arinel
5 - Ambush
6 - The Name Deal
7 - Metal and Blood
8 - Coris Hadrian
9 - Dining with the Family
10 - The Wedding
11 - The Choice โฃ๏ธ
12 - The Axel
13 - The Warning
14 - The Dwale
15 - Duty and Atonement
16 - Odd One Out
17 - Ransom Demand
18 - Double Heist
19 - Aria on the Moonlit Moor
20 - Play Possum
21 - The Aftermath
22 - Cleaning Up โฃ๏ธ
23 - Confessions
24 - The Dragon and The Arrow โฃ๏ธ
25 - Weighing Options
26 - Lovers' Dilemma
27 - The Foreshock
28 - The Double-Cross
29 - The Contract
30 - A Graye Area
31 - Eavesdroppers
32 - Sabotage
33 - Jezia's Message
33.5 - [Interlude] The May Queen
34 - Burning Red โฃ๏ธ
35 - Let Me Hear Your Song โฃ๏ธ
36 - A Tale of Two Sisters
37 - Everything In Between
38 - Marin's Secret
39 - The Truth
40 - Revelations
41 - The Dragon's Despair
42 - Behind the Mask
43 - Agnes's Tale
43.5 - [Special] Q&A!
44 - Jerald and Erina
45 - The Black City
46 - Sharper When Broken
47 - Relapse
48 - Falls and Foils
49 - The Chough's Beak
50 - The Usurer
51 - Milking Blood
52 - The Eye in the Beholden
53 - The Substitute โฃ๏ธ
54 - The Library of Eyes โฃ๏ธ
55 - The Lost Treatise
56 - Impasse
57 - The Heir and The Spare
58 - Oblivion
59 - Bated Breath
60 - Splinter
61 - Motherhood
62 - The Brides of Hadrian
63 - Right of the Bereft
64 - Memento
65 - Into the Sands
66 - A Fit of Pique
67 - Training
68 - Rattling Cages
69 - A World Worth Seeing
70 - Overridden
71 - Dying Wish
72 - Turning Point
73 - Reunion โฃ๏ธ
74 - The Prodigy
75 - The Catalyst
76 - The Stall
77 - Bad Hair Day
78 - Bosoms Bared
79 - Windcatcher City
80 - Warmly We Welcome Thee
81 - Return
82 - My Brother's Keeper
83 - Honor Bound
84 - The Rescue
85 - The Valley's Mouth
86 - The Way of Dragons
87 - Fool's Errand โฃ๏ธ
88 - Sins of the Father
89 - Forgotten Four
89.5 - [Special] Q&A with the Cast! (2)
90 - A Trip Down Pleasure Lane
91 - The Secret Lab
92 - The Dolls
93 - Lasralein's Defense
94 - Countdown
95 - The Wager
96 - Mother Dearest
97 - Cross the Divide
98 - Burden on the Land
99 - The Bargain
100 - The Interrogation
101 - True Fear
102 - The Fall
103 - Dead Men Tell Tall Tales
104 - Hewn of Ice and Stone
105 - Sibling Rivalry
106 - Farewells and Summons
107 - The Blood Druids
108 - Fireflies
109 - Aynor
110 - Mirram's Worst Nightmare
111 - Coming Clean
112 - Corien and Meira
113 - The Feast
[Special] Characters Glossary (A-Z)
[Special] Encyclopedia

[Special] Midjourney AI Shenanigans: Full Main Cast

3K 87 51
By jeidafei

So I tried using Midjourney AI to create Coris and---HOOOOORY SHEEEET!

Meya: HOOOOOOLY MOTHER FREEEEDAH!

Coris: Alright, ladies. You can change your mind now.

Oh, right. Forgot to add "sickly" and "sly".

Wait. No. Why do you keep getting hotter and older? No. Please stop. No.

Stop giving me Jon Snow and more Artemis Fowl please just please... (Hold up is that Edmund from Narnia in the top-left?)

Coris: Can't help it. I'm too sexy for this bot.

OH, SHUT UP!

Okay, so now you're Jim from The Office?

I gave up for the day and settled on this one. Somehow the image changed drastically when you upscale it. Also, Coris doesn't have prominent spots like that, actually, and his mouth seems too big for his face but eh, he does talk a lot, so...THERE YOU GO, YOU BIGMOUTHED DONGHEAD.

And here's Meya, by the way! Her braids weren't supposed to have this insane amount of rungs, and her nose of course doesn't have a prominent bridge, but eh, I give up XD. I've regenerated this variation half a dozen times already.

All the creations are drop-dead gorgeous, but the bot keeps messing up and making alien braids XD. It doesn't comprehend "glowing green eyes", too T^T.

(Why does her hair keeps growing darker and darker red? Oh, hello Sansa in the bottom-right!)

In conclusion, I think it's pretty useful for giving human artists an idea of what you're going for when commissioning artwork. The bot still gets facial proportions slightly wrong here and there, and weird surreal details surface here and there. As seen with Coris, it seems the bot also bases its creations off popular faces from pop culture, too, and may not always be 100% original (That variation over Sansa is definitely based on a Renaissance painting. I can't remember which one. With Queen Amidala hairdo XD). As usual, I'll still hire a real artist to work on Luminous' paperback cover and support humans if I ever had the opportunity.

Anyway, what are your thoughts? Any tips for better prompts? Which variation did you like best? 

I still have my quota for the month left, so I'll definitely be tinkering with the other cast members next (hopefully there'd be enough left for Arinel, Zier and Gillian at least, after all these failed prompts XD). So stay tuned & I'll see you in the next update!

DAY 2:

I woke up next morning and decided to do the whole main cast! 

So here's Arinel.

Isn't she just gorgeous? I actually liked the top-left variation of her just as much, but she reminds me too much of a certain actress whose name I can't seem to recall now, the look in her eyes was too mature, also the bot keeps messing up her snowflake necklace (OMG!) and turning it into a tattoo when I upscale it XD.

So I played around with the blending feature and here's the result! She just transformed from Elle Fanning to Amanda Seyfried XD.

And here's Zier. I specifically requested 'handsome' in his prompt and HOOOOOLY CRAP DID MIDJOURNEY DELIVER!

I think the bottom-left one is closer to what I had in mind for hairstyle, but Zier must have large round eyes and an air of naivete about him. The gorgeous one also looks a bit too old. So I'm gonna go with this one.

And now, the male lead the readers actually care about XD...

And I've also played with blending for Coris and Meya, and ended up with this new version of Coris. If only he doesn't still remind me so much of Jim from The Office and Theon Greyjoy XD. Maybe it's just me.

I'll leave you off with Meya's blending results (because TIL you can only post 20 images per chapter; a window popped up just now to warn me XD). I blended two variations of the same realistic-style image, but somehow it gave me this utterly different style. She looks cute, though! Her nose is also less prominent, her braids less elaborate, her face more pointed, and her eyes so large it's somewhat unnerving, kinda like Anya Taylor-Joy?

Right...Okay...Last one for real now. I tried Coris once again and FINALLY! FINALLY, THEY GOT MY BOY RIGHT! I reduced his age in the prompt from 18 to 17 (Because Coris looks somewhat younger than his real age due to malnutrition). Perhaps that steered the bot well away from the Game of Thrones photo database XD. 

Those pale gray eyes, oh Goodly Freda...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.4K 383 36
|| Book One of the Dragonkind Duology || ๐™„๐™ฉ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™จ๐™ฃ'๐™ฉ ๐™– ๐™ข๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™š๐™ง ๐™ค๐™› ๐™ž๐™› ๐™—๐™ก๐™ค๐™ค๐™™ ๐™ฌ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก๐™™ ๐™—๐™š ๐™จ๐™ฅ๐™ž๐™ก๐™ฉ; ๐™ž๐™ฉ ๐™ฌ๐™–๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™๐™š๐™ฃ. For...
6.2K 855 39
๐—” ๐—บ๐˜†๐˜€๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐˜€ ๐—ฏ๐—ผ๐˜† ๐—ณ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—บ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ ๐—ฑ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ๐˜€. ๐—” ๐—ฐ๐—น๐—ผ๐—ฎ๐—ธ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ด๐˜‚๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐˜๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ธ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—ฟ. ๐—” ๐˜„๐—ผ๐—ฟ๐—น๐—ฑ ๐—ฏ๐—ฒ๐˜†๐—ผ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐—ต๐—ฒ๏ฟฝ...
1K 406 143
No one ever knows the whole story... Nestled deep in the forests of the Pacific Northwest, something is emerging. Kept in absolute secrecy, it seeps...
26.6K 3.2K 51
[Wattys2018 Shortlist] [Bootcamp Mentorship Mentee 2020] [Insidious Awards - 1st place/Action/Adventure] "Squinty, I... Help me! Please! You have t...