Darkness And Desolation

By Petal-Edge

The indelible tale of Revenge and Remorse, Delusion and Deception, Ataraxy and Agony, Belief and Bully, Endea... More

A Note With Pen
01. Out Of The Blue
02. A Closed Book
03. A Dim View
04. Overshot The Mark
05. In High And Dry
06. Error In The Ways
07. Knocked Sideways
08. On The Wrong Track
09. Winds Of Change
10. In A Quandary
11. Roll Of The Dice
12. A Change Of Tunes
14. A Dice With Death
15. All In A Fog
16. On Pins And Needles
17. Chained In The Dock
18. A Change Of Scenery

13. Making A Comeback

86 16 49
By Petal-Edge

********

The midnight was silent but the lounge dwelling on the Hostel's first floor was contradicting the hush as the sound of someone talking on video call resonated around the full glazed glass walls. All the girls had already been in their rooms hugging their quilts unlike this figure who was hugging a cushion whilst placing chunks of chips in her mouth.

Ayzel was settled on one of the comfy sofas with eyes on the mobile screen where Ezra and Huda were connected with her.

"Haw Masha Allah Huda! You know even the Miss Universe will hide away from your beauty... Your pictures are so mesmerizing..!!" Ezra failed in concealing her wonderment at Huda's engagement pictures which she had sent them. A state of shyness was captured on Huda now.

"Thank you, Saalim's mother selected the dress and jewellery and my cousins did all the makeup..." Huda began explaining the details of the event which Ayzel and Ezra's curious ears were welcoming.

It had already been a month since Huda had vacated with her family for the sumptuous engagement, Saalim and his family had arranged. Saalim was a twenty three year old medical student whose entire nearest and dearest had been related to the same field. Being the childhood friend of Huda's Aunt, Saalim's mother couldn't think of any girl better than Huda for her son's life partner. Through out the time, Huda would almost daily give a call or message to Ayzel about her activities and finally the engagement pictures were revealed today.

"Did you meet him?" Ayzel asked the second the question hit her, chewing on the chips and Ezra reflected her excitement.

"Um, yes." Huda's said, causing their orbs to widen up further more.

"Really, when?" Both girls enjoined in unison.

"After the function..."

"How is he?" Ayzel clutched the cushion some more with curiosity and Huda pondered for a while about Saalim before replying.

"At first, I thought he's a very angry and serious type but..." The trailing off of Huda had escalated the itching of Ezra and Ayzel.

"But?"

"A person doesn't always turns out as we believe them to be... Saalim's very decent and caring Alhamdullilah!"

Huda ended in a composed and gratified manner. Ezra and Ayzel both eyebrows elevated impressively at the word 'Caring'.

"Ooo wow, well then when is your caring prince bringing his carriage to take you like a Cinderella?" Ezra said with all the amount of mirth in her tone.

"I think by the end of September, my Aunt will take longer leave by then..." Though she endeavored to sound normal, yet her cerulean orbs couldn't hide the glimmers of elation in them.

Ayzel nodded, deeply pleased with Huda's ecstatic demeanor she would rarely witness when another thought crossed her.

"But then what about your studies? There are more than four years left." Her question had captured Ezra's attention too before she rolled her eyes at Ayzel.

"You boring piece of meat, of course she won't hang her degree midways, she can continue after the wedding right?" Her antenna was at Huda now, ignoring Ayzel's scrunched up expression as she took in another chunk of salty chips.

"Yes, Saalim's about to graduate already and he has plans of getting job here in Houston so, he says there's no problem with me studying here." Huda explained.

"Awww, Such a caring husband...!" Ezra couldn't get over with her teasings when Ayzel joined in with her neverending chants...

"Huda and Saalim, Huda and Saalim..."

Ezra barged in too and with swaying heads, both girls continued painting Huda's phiz with blushing colors. The chatty personality of Ezra had put a barricade to their call from ending any sooner as the dim modern lounge of Ayzel kept stuffing corks in it's ears in a futile attempt of joining slumber.

********

The Intercollegiate Sports Week was another event, occupying the limelights of student's attention in the university. A vast number of students were participated in the competition with a series of games, taking place on different days as per the dictated schedule. The preparations were running on peak, the participants wouldn't hesitate in swallowing their sleeps for practice.

Tonight was the turn of American Football and the tournament was organized in the University's football club. Ayzel was silently waiting among the audience which had just alighted from their university bus and now were standing outside the lavish Arena by the boulevard from where the participants were displaying their grandeur entry.

Ever since the horrific experience of concert, Ayzel had minimized attending night functions. Her sole reason of standing here was Hariz's insistence who himself was shackled by the request of his buddy to make sure of her presence. No doubt, Hariz spent a handsome amount of time in convincing and assuring Ayzel, even the seat of first row in the bus was reserved for her.

An ear splitting horn of bus captured everyone's attention as Ayzel's irises witnessed their black and red team bus, booming with music and cheers, skimming on the boulevard towards them. The players were jovially waving their hands to their audience from the window with Hariz being first in row; like usual.

The bus was successfully parked as the last in track earlier than all the players began hopping down. However, their show was sliced when another loud revving engine sound distracted the flashing cameras and blinking eyes.

Illuminated under the glimmering lights of boulevard and flashes, the metallic teal Camaro zoomed past the audience at breakneck speed as if adamant on crashing with the stadium. The head lights were perpetually blinking with the revving engine sound emitting at intervals.

The black asphalt was mercilessly screeched as the muscle car took a sharp turn and halted infront of their team with it's side facing them. Ayzel's mouth was left agaped as her vision took in the jauntily adorned Camaro.

In the midst of scintillating red L.E.D lights on tyres and side mirrors, was eminent the red hued stylishly shaped text of 'Iyaad' with 'Tariq' clung a little below to it's right. A flame was shown emitting from his name whereas the sport team's name had captivated the entire rear windshield. Topping it all with cherry, the red strips passing above the car finalized the look. Anyone envisioning this car would definitely assume it as a racing contestant... But it actually wasn't.

How much money do these rich brats spend on a mere tournament?!
She grisly thought.

Everyone's keen gaze was fixated on the car as the door flung open and the athletic form of Iyaad Tariq appeared out with a bright smile, cladded in black sports jacket and track pants with thick red strips crossing over his chest, arms and the sides of his trouser. Owning the prestige of being the Captain of team, his outfit was different from the players. In a trice, he was surrounded by his team before Ayzel saw him fist bumping and patting his mates.

The students around had already started crowding the stadium inside and thus, Ayzel began marching in that direction too. Her sneakers couldn't tread too far until another black ones joined in the track.

"You know Ayzi, the world's crossing lines of heartlessness. People don't even welcome their team now..." Iyaad feigned a pathetic face whilst shaking his head sadly. However, his taunt was comprehended successfully.

"Why not? I'm just going to do that." She replied with an internal amused smile, feeling his steps slowing down earlier than he was standing still.

"Where? I can't see." He ducked his hands in his jacket's pockets whilst searching the area around her.

"Because the Cheetahs team is inside the stadium already." She pointed over her shoulder with her thumb and Iyaad's mind dropped to the core of Earth.

Is she seriously going to support the Cheetahs?!
An undigestable fact to him.

"Ohh, I remembered a news from yesterday about the increasing number of betrayers in the country... I can bet they're true now." All the pitiful expressions switched on his visage. Ayzel gave a realizing nod, fuming his disbelief.

"Alright, see you mourning over your team's defeat then..." He shrugged undauntedly and turning on his heels, began heading in the way the players were entering the stadium.

"Wait! Wouldn't you get me some ribbons or something to promote them? I didn't bring anything to mark my team." Ayzel sprinkled all the innocence in her tone, halting his steps before he whirled around, his visage illuminated under the flood lights.

"Oops, I literally forgot... Here." Reaching back to her, he fished out something enclosed in his palm and Ayzel gawked at him in disbelief this time.

He's carrying Cheetah's stuff? He's the real betrayer!
She concluded.

His hand was extended to her, still closed and her eyes darted down to visualize the peculiar object, not noticing the light smirk on him and as soon as he opened his fist, her orbs narrowed at the sight... Iyaad's hand was all empty.

Before her head could be tilted back up, an instant tuck on her head bolted her. Startled, her hand reflexively glided to the back of her head and that's when she realized that Iyaad had trickily migrated his P-cap from his to her head. A mischievous smirk stretched across his lips.

"Your team's marked now..."

Ayzel became a statue as she witnessed him twirling around and taking long strides towards the stadium's gate. He had once again left her speechless.

Setting her cap, a very light smile embraced her features, watching his receding back among his teammates as another realization greeted her...

There was no winning from Iyaad Tariq.

********

The Sports Arena was perfectly lit and enlivened. Floodlights, flashlights, footlights etc.. were perpetually enhancing the overwhelming mass and leaving nothing to be called unilluminated. The teared seating area bordering the arena was unceasingly booming with deafening cheers and shrieks of the spectators whose keen gazes couldn't find anything worth to be watched except the recreational match being played in the field.

Being USA's top favorite and prioritized game, American football had comparatively larger audience among others and making high chance, many students were busily scurrying around and selling popcorns, fries, beverages etc. Moreover, batches, bands and other advertising stuff were being purchased too. An epitome of a night dedicated to sport.

The hanging L.E.D score boards were incessantly displaying the scores of the two teams 'Stallions' vs 'Cheetahs'. As the clock was ticking by, the game was continuously marking possibilities for the chequered flag to wave in Cheetahs' favor. Cade and his team were dexterously in lead with 56 scores and their audience had been on cloud nine in advance.

"GOAL!!" One and only thing to be heard as the Stallions shot a field goal.

With a giant flag of Stallions in hand, Ayzel was settled on the first tier of their team's side, too enthralled in watching the match that she couldn't even think of purchasing any refreshment for herself.

Right now, both her heart and mind were whispering prayers for the game to turn in their favor whereas her eyes all along stalking the ball as it once again crossed the goal post, granting another field goal to Stallions. The audience once again cheered in motivation with her joined in, yet the tension in the players of Stallions failed to take its departure.

"Time's on for a break."

The commentator's proclaim received another booming before Iyaad was seen strategizing among his mates. They still had 48 runs to make with only 15 minutes remaining. A caustic chuckle was heard behind their group.

"What's up chaps? Smells like a bad luck tonight."

Everyone turned their attention in it's direction to find Cade's golden orbs laced with amusement. Dressed in orange and blue sports outfit, his team members were all equally big sized like him. Hariz's already enervated phiz scrunched up some more but earlier than he could curse, Iyaad spoke.

"Wouldn't take long in spinning the table, the game's yet on old codger." He retorted with escalating confident look though all he urged to do was slaughter him at the instinct.

Iyaad's team had spent an entire month in strenuously practicing and training, and the unexpected downfall wasn't anything but an enigma. Another snicker was released from Cade's side.

"Running high! Keep it cool kid, you're taking another defeat like the bowling one." Cade reflected his confidence whilst his team members kept displaying their jeering smirks and it was Iyaad's turn to release a mirthful laugh, perplexing them vaguely.

"Just like your concert one, wouldn't it?"

His reminder had caused their smiles to remit before Iyaad handed his water bottle to Cade receiving an automatic grasp from him. Everyone could only guess what was he up to when they saw Iyaad's smirk intensifying.

"Drink loads of it... A single ball can be game changer."

The players couldn't decipher if his words should be categorized under narcissism or challenge, when their break was signalled over, resuming the match.

The players once again scurried and the scoreboard persisted playing with the digits. The Stallions seemed to be covering pretty well and as the Cheetahs shot another goal, Iyaad's orbs caught something that had almost slipped the ground underneath him. One of his teammates was giving a slight nod to the Cheetahs, entirely oblivious of his Captain's gaze capturing it.

So, this snake in the grass is the reason behind our downfall tonight.
His insight confirmed.

Though Iyaad wanted to break his neck at the instant, yet he played obliviousness. Being the quarterback, the next step he took was becoming a shadow of that player throughout the game and preventing the goals. Everytime he would attempt at ditching the goal, Iyaad would be quick to save it indirectly. Topping it with cherry, he would even do high-five with the deceptor only to receive the fakest reflection of smile in return.

The game was now running on it's last period and only two points were lagging the Cheetahs behind. Complying to the promise, Hariz was given the chance to score the final goal. They were in offense's end zone and already sure of the win.

"The brightest Hariz's yet to goo!!" Hariz was quick to march in the requisite direction but seemed like Cheetahs had a different plan.

Hariz could only take a few strides when many of the Cheetahs leaped over him, tackling him to the ground with the ball hitting it. A vanquished smirk was caught on Cade's visage.

"Safety point!" The referee gestured with his hands.

The entire arena had gone silent for once. With thumping hearts, the frolicking spectators who were motivating their teams seconds ago darted their attention to the scoreboard, including Ayzel. Everyone's eyes widened at the sight...

The Game had been tied.

A concatenation of discussions incepted taking place and everyone could only guess about the incoming decision. A safety would usually proceed with a free kick from Defense's side. The ball was in none others than its own court now to decide the victory and defeat.

A single chance, a last dice to roll.

Stallions VS Cheetahs...

One Winner, the another Loser.

The scrimmage line was in between the two teams as every eye to camera kept savoring it; the ball seven yards away from it.

"Going home kids." Cade whispered to none but himself.

The brown ball was finally punted upwards from the ground with every eye trailing it's path. The Stallions' goal post wasn't too far left. Cheetahs' audience adopted jollification but... The track of attention was clipped down when a force tackled the undulating ball away from the goal post.

The shot was hit by Iyaad.

Cade and his teammates were bolted by an electric shock on witnessing their shot gliding in air towards Hariz who was all mourning over his chance of scoring the last goal but like usual, his faithful friend had granted him that.

"YOU GO SKELETO!!"

Making the best of his training, Hariz gave the most vicious kick ever before everyone's eyes, including Ayzel's, captured the ball making a safe and sound field goal. That was it.

"YAYY!!" Half of the arena blasted with acclamation and ovation as the chequered flag mirrored the Stallions' one.

Stallions won, Cheetahs lost.

Ayzel too wasn't less than anyone to wave the flag in victory with the gleamest smile on her phiz whilst all the players leaped over the chilling Hariz in jollification earlier than their track was shifted to their Captain Iyaad who was held up in air.

The rest of the time passed in blur and the trophy finally casted its grandeur entry as it was handled to Iyaad. Ayzel saw his illuminated figure raising it high in air towards their side with the entire team surrounding him with elation. There wasn't any helmet on his head now and the dark stygian hair were ruffled by the wind.

The cameras flashed and cheers resonated, all along proclaiming Cade's defeat.

They were now standing outside the arena after the show when Cade's team exited the arena to leave. Glancing at each other, all the Stallions players began laughing out loud, catching their attention. Iyaad feigned sniffing.

"Look, smells like rotten tomatoes here." Iyaad was the one to mock first, watching Cade's jaw hardening.

"And burning hearts." Hariz added.

None of them spoke anything as Iyaad grabbed the collar and gave a jerking push to the backstabbing player towards them, whom he had already picked up enough bones with.

"Here, take your pet home. He ought to be hungry now." His tone was all sarcastically amused.

"And make sure to add this loss in your list after the concert." One of the Stallions added.

Cade opened his mouth to bark some another thing but the words seemed to have decepted him too. Rolling his eyes, he just escorted his team away, all along mourning his luck and yet listening to the mirthful laughs echoing behind.

********

As the hourglass of time kept running out, the Calendar of months switched its pages until another dreadful season of semester exams hovered above the students' head; chaining their recreational activities once again.

The relaxation of Iyaad was efficiently swapped with restlessness this time for an entire vehicle of Ayzel's studies too was hooked to his own one for hauling together.

Fortunately, Ayzel was a quick picker of concepts which added an extra wheel to the task. She was indeed an intelligent child but Iyaad was way too forward in understanding logics and developing creativity.

He would instill several tricks and visualized examples which he would use for himself to make the topics easily understandable for her. Moreover, he would focus more in keeping her mind relaxed and distracted to replace her depression with optimism.

The glaring sun or the gleaming moon, nothing hindered the two youngsters from spending hours, connecting on video call with educational stuff and ditching the idea of a peaceful slumber.

Meanwhile, Huda's treadmill of life was running smoothly with her wedding preparations already incepted and finally landing her back in Houston for the exams. The entire month of July had been passed in the chaos and the results were proclaimed in the first week of September.

As Iyaad had vowed, Ayzel attained the first position in her department with his own self securing third this time. The news erupted millions of fireworks in Ayzel's head for the well being of her scholarship.

"Congratulations Angry Cat! We're booking a roller coaster ride for you on vacations as gift." Jasaar said with a big smile on the video call.

Treading with ecstasy, Ayzel stopped to the side of the courtyard of university in front of a six feet wall of her department. Her family had been leaning in the call for appreciation.

"And I'm gifting you my seat. Happy dying!" She waved her hand on the screen at her brother.

Roller coasters were the most despised and direful ride for Ayzel after a single experience in childhood in which she almost assumed she had died. Before any reply could be heard from another side, a slight whisper joined the air.

"Tsk tsk... So sad."

Bolted with blue, Ayzel's head instantly rotated and searched the surroundings to catch the source but she couldn't spot anyone around her.

Who said that?

"Where are you looking Ayzel?" Her mother questioned this time.

"I don't know..." Ayzel replied thoughtfully before shrugging off and looking back.

It must be my ringing ears.

"No, they aren't ringing." Another whisper hit her ears but her attention was gratefully distracted.

"So, are you getting holidays or they'll stop you this time too?" Mahdiya asked, recalling Ayzel's previous vacations were cancelled due to low grade.

"Of course, they'll give." Once again, someone replied and Ayzel felt like fainting at the moment.

Her orbs once again, danced around in search, failing again. Topping it all, the voice was heard on the call.

"Is someone else there?" Mahdiya asked but Ayzel was quick to cover it.

"I'm not sure Mama. Maybe I'll get a month or two weeks to visit." Her tone was instant and a tinge of terror entered her heart.

"Ooo, means we've to start shopping for more toys now." Jasaar exclaimed, completely oblivious of her misery when Ezra joined in from behind.

"And don't miss a cat's bear."

The conversation lasted slightly longer. All the excitement of Ayzel was drowned by the thought of an invisible spooky around her and thus, the wise turn was to end the call soon which too happened with the same spooky replying 'Allah Hafiz' from her side.

With 12 o'clock etched on the phiz, she ducked the mobile in her bag, her eyes now wandering in search of someone.

"Finding me?" The spooky spoke louder this time and that's when Ayzel was frozen, knowing from where it was audible. Her head gradually tilted up but earlier than she could even register properly,

"CONGRATS!!" A confetti exploded over her head which Iyaad had been holding in air.

Reflexively covering her ears, Ayzel screamed on top of her lungs but it was soon substituted with a high-spirited laugh of Iyaad. Her eyes opened to catch the most stunning sight of Iyaad, coolly settled over the wall.

"Iyaad you... What do you find funny in scaring me?!" She scoffed, her breathes yet ragging but Iyaad's laugh didn't die as he encircled his finger around her fair visage.

"This reaction, it's so funny..." Before he could further continue, a pen was slung at him, aiming for his head but he grasped it midair producing a jingling sound of the keychain attached to it. Ayzel's laugh was bedecking the ambience now as she brushed off the remnants of the confetti off her head.

Her entire phiz was beaming with happiness, void of any tension at the moment. The result had turned out superbly effective for her. Iyaad hopped down the wall with a thud, towering over her with four precise inches.

"Give me the pen." Ayzel reached out for it but he was swift in gliding it out of reach, shocking her.

"Not so easily. Give me the position treat first."

"Why will I give? The first position holder should get the treat first." Her counter demand elevated his brow in amused manner.

"But I'm your mentor too if you can remember." Iyaad's reminder caused Ayzel to mourn over her luck, marginally scrunching up her phiz.

There wasn't any way the dart could hit the target now and thus, surrending seemed worth it. The sky was bedecked with gloomy clouds, all ready to weep and invite the rainy season.

"What will you want to eat?" She asked, internally hoping for any affordable recipe to come out of him but...

"Walnut brownies with chocolate scoop..."

What?

The confusion covering Ayzel's features upon hearing the unfamiliar recipe didn't go unnoticed by Iyaad on witnessing the failed to be concealed tension invading her phiz. Iyaad chuckled.

"Just kidding, here." With a swift move, he ducked the pen on the edge of her ponytail and whirled around to walk.

"Where are you going?" She asked, watching him leave. He smirked.

"I'm invited by a lot of girls in the cafeteria already. You know, a handsome guy always have worth." He ruffled his hair with pride.

"Means you don't want any treat from me?" She was somewhat astonished. Iyaad shook his head.

"Nah, Leave it. You're a guest in my city for now... But I'll make sure to get paid back whenever I'll come to New York... Deal?"

Ayzel knew he wasn't ever coming there to meet her and thus, she immediately responded.

"Deal."

After the evening twilights ended their show, allowing the night to cover the sky, Ayzel was seated in her bed, arranging some gifts for her family to take on vacations. Ayzel was escorting Huda to her Aunt's house this time to attend her wedding earlier than departing for New York. Huda too seemed entralled in a similar activity when their door was knocked. Setting aside her stuff, Ayzel maneuvered in its way only to find a maid.

"Miss, some delivery guy's waiting for you down." Ayzel's temple frowned.

"But, we didn't order anything. Are you sure it's for us?"

"Yes, he said Room 406. Now, you can clear rest of the details with him." The maid said in an enervated tone and scrurried away. 

"Such illiterate residents! Can't even give a proper room address." Murmuring under her breath, Ayzel wore her pumps before rushing down the lift for dismissing him.

The delivery guy stood by the reception counter and through the uniform, Ayzel could guess he was from any high class bakery as she marched his way.

"Are you Ayzel Hamdan?" He asked quickly. Ayzel's mind climbed the highest peak of perplexion on hearing her name.

"Umm... Yes."

"Here's your order." Grabbing a big parcel bag, he extended her way with a grin, not catching her worsening state for the unnecessary money loss on such an extravagant meal.

"I didn't order it." Her reply was swift with complaining expressions like saying him 'Have your ears started ringing on their own?'

"But it's sent for you." He continued, uncognizant of the twisting sanity in front.

Sent?

"Who sent it?" She asked quizzically.

"We don't know Miss. We were given order on call... But from voice, we can guess it was none other than any spoiled rich brat." He was saying as if having generations old animosity with wealthy people. Ayzel shot a glance at the parcel.

"Are you sure he took my name? I'm not going to pay." She once again acquired confirmation and the poor delivery guy's eyes shut with irksome.

"It's paid already. Now please, if you'll inquire the rest in police so I've got more orders to deliver..."

Ayzel didn't further badger and silently grabbed the parcel before heading back in her room. Huda was now offering Isha prayer as Ayzel checked the edibles inside. There were four pieces of Vanilla pastries with crushed chocolates garnished in an alluring design. A small folded paper was peeking from the corner and reading it, the suspicious doubts of Ayzel were proclaimed true...

The Best Teacher Never Forgets The Achievements Of His Best Student,
Iyaad

What? He said he doesn't want any treat. Means I've to make that chocolate dessert for him now? No!
She pouted.

Closing the box, she placed it on the study table. After praying, Huda continued her daily ritual of reciting the Holy Qur'an.

Ever since the engagement, Huda wouldn't be found too much depressed like earlier. Her mood had evolved into ecstatic and calmly relaxed. Done with the tasks, Huda plopped up on her bed, resuming the packing whereas Ayzel watched the roaring clouds outside the window. The month of September had arrived with the rainy clouds.

Should we eat it now? No, I should buy the ingredients first.

"Let's go outside." Ayzel instantly inched forward on her bed with excited expressions.

Huda squized between Ayzel and the semi wet window with uncertainty.

"But, it's going to rain Ayzel. We can't stay out for long." Though Huda was a fond of rain, yet her insight didn't feel like visiting outside tonight.

"We'll be quickly back. I'll buy some items and we'll enjoy ice creams too." Ayzel convinced with pleading expressions, already sliding down the bed in her pumps.

The thought of ice cream finally managed to spark excitement in Huda as she once again glanced in the window's direction.

"Are you sure we'll be back before ten? I've to pack some more."

"There's whole tomorrow to pack. This is our last night before vacations. Then you'll get married and we won't get the chance of enjoying together..." Ayzel really wanted to make this night upto her friend.

A gleaming smile crossed Huda's phiz before she succumbed to the plan. Getting down, she began enclosing herself in Abaya whilst Ayzel hastily passed a brush through her hair. Silence circulated around.

"Ayzel, will you miss me when I'll be gone?" Huda broke the ice, wearing her teal scarf. Her tone sounded too unfathomable that Ayzel halted for once before smiling in the mirror at her.

"Of course, not only me but this room will miss you too. You're the charm of this place and It'll feel so lonely without you." Ayzel herself felt slightly off at the thought.

Huda was indeed her only companion in hostel and the passed time had made their presence a habit for each other.

"Then I'm leaving my books with you. You can read them whenever you'll miss me..." Huda offered after thinking shortly and Ayzel couldn't refuse in anyway.

Huda had a fine collection of spiritual books which Ayzel never gave perusal but always praised. Before leaving, Ayzel managed to force some makeup on Huda and grabbing the umbrella, raincoats and hostel cards, they exited the room. Crossing the corridors, Ayzel's eyes landed on the wall clock for a fraction of second, before she entered the lift...

08:45

The pastries sent by Iyaad weren't tasted, the packagings of Huda were left undone. Tasks remained to be marked completed. The two youngsters had left with an aim to relish the blessing of rain and create memories of their last night in hostel. They were determined of returning back before 10 o'clock, but the dreadful fact no one could imagine and only fate knew was that...

There was no arriving back tonight.

********

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.4K 3.4K 49
A writer by passion and a university student, she was everything men wanted in their women but not every family was filled with bustling happiness an...
502K 23.2K 24
She looked at all of them with hopeful eyes. No one belived her. Except Him ! She didn't expect him to believe her out of all the people. She had exp...
120K 5.6K 29
She was his from the start ✨. She was an angel protected by a devil 🌼. No one can harm her not even him 👀. His love, obsession, strength, weakness...
4.1K 256 18
A spinoff of Her Replaced Husband #Ideally to be read after HRH 🔴Not a Standalone Mastoorah The nice, upright, and assertive girl who always finds...