The Demon King's Beloved Daug...

By arandomsecret

Freya Antinea Laphinia woke up from an assassination attempt with memories of her previous life. She reincarn... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
~Christmas Special~
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60

48

2.1K 114 3
By arandomsecret

Arche approached the room where his brother rested. His eyes languidly glanced at the man in the coffin with no emotions, at least that is what it seems to an outsider.

If Freya were here, she would notice thousands of emotions flashing in Arche's eyes. His dark purple hair covered his crystal aquamarine eyes as he clenched his fist.

"Brother, it's been a month since your passing. I know Freya cast a barrier so that your soul won't dissipate. She's trying her best to find a way to revive you, so please endure this loneliness.

That child is working so hard for the sake of everyone, I don't know what to do. I can't get her to rest because of how determined she looked. She'll regret and blame herself for the rest of her life if something bad happens to any of us.

But... she's getting weaker. She might not realise it but she looks like she is going to pass out any moment. I saw her becoming translucent when she was taking a nap in my office, I thought my heart was going to jump out of my chest. I can't bear to lose her again...yet I don't know what to do as her father. "

Now that Andrew was gone, he didn't have anyone to seek for advice. He looked at his once lively brother who seemed to be only in deep slumber and took a deep breath to regain his composure.

"Sorry for bothering you about these things even when you're dead. The main reason I came today is to tell you that Luca's coronation is going to be tomorrow.

Freya is going to reveal her identity to the demon realm today. I'm sure she wished that you were here. No, all of us miss you. So, come back soon."

Arche headed to the door without turning back. When he opened the door, someone crashed into him, though not enough to make him stumble.

His cold eyes, softened, "My baby, be careful."

Freya's eyes widened, "Daddy."

It was three in the morning, she didn't expect anyone else to be here. More importantly, "Where is James? I thought I said you guys must move in pairs?"

"I am here, master," The brown-haired man waved casually.

So he used his camouflage. Freya sighed in relief, "Good. Go back to rest, today you guys need to get ready for unexpected conflict."

Arche frowned, "What about you?"

Freya's eyes brightened, "I'm going to meet Uncle for a while. I think I figured out how to restore some part of his soul into his body. Though it might take a few years for a complete restoration."

No matter how excited she seemed, the two men couldn't move their eyes away from the green and purplish bags under her eyes. Not to mention, she seemed to have become thinner.

"...Master, thank you for your efforts," James gave a ninety-degree bow.

Freya's eyes widened. She gave out a chuckle as a helpless grin appeared on her face, "What are you talking about? This is just me being selfish. I could let Uncle's soul rest in peace yet here I am."

"No, he would definitely be thankful for your efforts," Arche brought her into an embrace.

Freya nodded as she snuggled against her father like a kitten, "I really hope so. Now, go rest the two of you."

Arche stood there and stared at Freya earning a pout from her. Honestly, he wanted to accompany her but Freya said this process required an enormous amount of concentration. She needed to be alone.

Thus, he could only leave reluctantly.

Freya stepped into the room with a brilliant smile. "Uncle, I'm here."

The room was dark with not a single source of light. Yet, Freya was able to navigate through the room with ease. It's been a month, she was already familiar with the structure of the room.

Her aquamarine eyes that have been dulled for the past month became as bright as the stars. She stood beside the coffin and smiled at the slumbering man, "I found a way to incorporate your soul back into your body! It might be uncomfortable but please bear with it."

She summoned her butterflies as they landed on a silhouette of a man, yet without the butterfly outlining him, Freya couldn't see anything. This was Andrew's soul.

Since the butterflies were made of her soul, they have the same wavelength as the world of the dead. The butterflies glowed brightly, lighting up the whole room.

Little by little, they absorbed Andrew's soul. Freya could feel cold-sweat drip along her back as droplets of blood as though tears came out of her left eye.

The butterflies containing the soul flew towards the man in the coffin, entering his body. As the light dimmed, she slumped down from exhaustion. That's all she could do today.

She'll do this once a month, and then by the end, Andrew's soul should be entirely back into his body.

Albeit, at the same time her soul will also be inside Andrew's body. Until the soul becomes whole again, her butterflies need to hold them in place in the body.

Her left eye paled a bit, though the change was obscure. Freya let out a sigh of relief, it worked to some extent. It wasn't futile to burn the midnight oil for the whole month. She can't believe she used up all those precious time to think up such an easy theory.

But deep inside she knew, this was her last resort. Well, no need to think about those complicated things that are bound to come.

The girl stretched like a cat and got up, "Bye-bye, Uncle. I'll come again next week."

On her way back to her room, Freya stopped while looking out at the moon in the sky. Her messy heart finally felt some peace. Everything's going to be okay.

However, the chirp of a bird broke her out of her reverie. Her eyes scanned the area and saw that on the tree outside, a demonic bird was crying looking at her nest.

Freya's aquamarine eyes glowed in the dark with trepidation when she saw what was inside the nest. Eggs that were broken and shattered to pieces. She was grieving over the loss of her children.

Enigmatic emotions swirled in Freya's eyes as she continued to make her way to her room. Only the echo of her heels clashing with the ground in the empty hallway seemed to resonate with the storm in her heart.

Just when she thought things were going to be alright, she had to see something like this. Annoying.

In her room, Freya changed into a silky night robe and casually hugged Cinder in her arms like a plushie. She buried her head into her cute little pet and said with a muffled voice, "Cinder, wake me up at 11. I'm going to replenish all the sleep that I've lost this month."

Since the announcement ceremony was in the afternoon anyways. There's no harm in a little nap. At least, that's what she thought.

*knock knock*

Her ears twitched with annoyance as she heard the knock on the door. She burrowed deeper into her pillow with a grunt.

"Freya, are you ready?" Arche's voice entered her ears.

Ready? Ready for what?...Shit! Freya's eyes opened abruptly as she jumped out of bed. She opened the door and saw everyone standing there waiting for her.

Their eyes widened upon seeing Freya with messy bed hair. She was usually the most punctual one. Austin couldn't hold back his laughter and received a smack from his twin.

She couldn't care too much, "Daddy, call the maids."

She would like to prepare herself as usual, but there's not enough time. The maids were professionals, knowing that time was not on their hands, they transformed Freya into the look she requested within half an hour.

Freya was dressed in a dark red dress. Her cherry blossom hair intertwined with red ribbons in a braid. Her vermilion-red lips made her look like a temptress.

Freya's eyes curved into beautiful crescents as she thanked the maids. She cast a glance at that grey furball that wasn't even awake after all this commotion and still sleeping soundly on her bed.

Freya's brows twitched and murmured as though a reminder to herself as she headed out, "I will never trust Cinder with time again."

Luca heard her little complaint and chuckled. Honestly, he was relieved that she was able to rest even if just a little. This little sister of his tends to push herself to the limit.

Luca pecked her forehead and carried her in a princess carry, "Now now, it's not like we're late anyway. Yaya, I'm just glad that you got to rest more."

Freya nodded. She didn't bear to talk back to Luca anyways. With that, they teleported to the centre of the demon realm. A tower that allowed one to see the whole demon realm expanding infinitely.

The view above was breathtaking. With every different direction, the architecture of the buildings changes vastly. One could easily determine the culture of each region.

Freya subconsciously smiled, it has been so long since she appreciated the realm she governed over. Ever since her first life, she's been so focused on saving everyone. When she came to it, she was in an infinite loop, unable to escape.

Luca put her down and held her hand, squeezing it to comfort her. Arche patted her head, "It'll be fine."

Freya's eyes dilated when she saw the demons gathered underneath the tower. This wasn't some small amount, all of the demons in the demon realm have gathered.

Caiden hugged her from behind, "Don't worry, I'll kill anyone in your way."

The others nodded along. Earning the support from the others, Freya's thundering heart calmed down. She spread her wings as she stepped out of the tower.

"Everyone, good to see you here. So, I'm sure all of you know me as the princess of the North, the hybrid between an angel and a demon, Freya Antinea Laphinia."

She knew the demons were cooperating because of the demon king's presence. It wasn't because of her. But soon, she will be the reason for their respect.

Freya flicked her wrist as her lips curved into a beautiful arc on her unparalleled countenance. The demon realm started shaking as though an earthquake bestowed itself on the land.

The demon realm is also known as the infinite realm. One could never see the end of it. Even for the demon kings, their powers may cause a humongous dent but they can't control the realm.

Freya hummed, this may not be enough.

For the sake of having no unwanted protestation afterwards, the demon realm started snowing the snap of her fingers even though it was supposedly 'autumn'. This showed absolute control of the demon realm.

Freya's gaze swept over the crowd, "This is the main event of today."

The demons immediately kneeled. No one was sure who started it but soon, all of the demons started chanting the same thing.

"All hail the lord of the realm! All hail the lord of our realm!"

Their lord was back or rather, she finally revealed herself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.1K 471 29
Mitsuki Takahash is a young 19-year=old girl. She moved out from her abusive home and came to America. She finally free and living her live.....but s...
9.1K 400 29
Siri Walker is a 26 year old woman and a lawyer. She is an orphan and lives in New York. One day after winning a case she was returning home with her...
208K 6.4K 55
I could say this is one cliché story. A college girl died and transmigrated into an otome game she once played. Unfortunately she becomes the villain...
505K 30.8K 37
"Don't touch that man." "Why not?" "He has a beast guarding him." I am that beast; Nora. I woke up as the villain of this book, destined to die after...