The Demon King's Beloved Daug...

By arandomsecret

Freya Antinea Laphinia woke up from an assassination attempt with memories of her previous life. She reincarn... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
~Christmas Special~
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60

46

2.3K 115 10
By arandomsecret

Humans gave away their temperance for knowledge. Demons gave away their empathy for domination. Angels gave away their humility for power.

The man with sun gold hair and blood-red eyes swirled the glass of red wine in his hands as he glanced at the uninvited guest.

Alexander smirked sarcastically, "What intrigued you to visit me, father?"

Fate frowned as he answered, "It's about Freya. I promised I won't interfere this time but to think you did something this time round. It took me by surprise. I thought you would support her as you did in the past few times using Dylan's identity."

"She doesn't know what is best for her. What is there in it for a higher being to get emotionally involved with their subjects," Alexander scoffed yet his eyes softened.

"...you know your actions are going to make her do something even more outrageous. The visions I'm seeing these days aren't beneficial for us," Fate showed eyes of disapproval.

"She has already turned back time and destroyed her own realm. She can't get any crazier."

Fate sighed before disappearing, "Don't be overconfident. She's unstable."

Alexander looked at the red liquid in front of him and downed it in one go, "I know. I don't want to get a broken doll in return. All I want is for her to be free from shackles caused by emotions."

A long time ago, in the dimension of nothingness, they were always there for each other. They were like twins, incomplete without each other and he always thought that they could be more.

But soon their physical body manifested. They were separated. One in the heavenly realm and one in the demon realm. Their memories together started to fade as time passed. He remembered, but she turned away.

Alexander chuckled emptily as he recalled their past, "...how cruel."

The thunder crackled as if echoing out the man's sorrow. That very thunder woke the slumbering girl. Her eyes shined as bright as sapphire in the dark room opened in alert, darting around to observe her surroundings.

It's been a week since the meeting. Freya's old habit came back. She became a light sleeper again. Her heart has not been at peace ever since the passing of her uncle.

It was the middle of the night, but her heart was beating like it wanted to jump out of her chest. She started having difficulty breathing as she saw the corpses of those she love flashing before her. Great, her panic attacks were back.

Freya closed her eyes, reassuring herself it wasn't true again and again until her breathing became more stable. Albeit her condition improved, her heart was still thundering. There was no way she could fall back to sleep in such a state.

Sighing, she got out of bed and casually tied her hair into a ponytail. She changed into her training attire as she headed out of her room. She glanced at the fur ball curling up in her bed, snoring away. She let out a chuckle, Cinder hasn't changed.

As she passed by the mirror, her reflection made her eyes widen. It has been days since she last looked in the mirror. Preparing everything for the announcement was hectic, there just wasn't time for leisure.

A helpless laugh came out from Freya, she looked so frail. Dark circles under her eyes,  cracked lips and blood-shot eyes. Splashes of blood were present on her clothes and the hollow hole at her chest as though her heart was dug out. Was she still a princess?

She caressed the mirror as her reflection reverted into her beautiful self, "Ah, to think I hallucinated. Well, the dark circles are still there."

But other than that, she still looked 'fine'. Maybe it's because she's mentally exhausted.

Freya gazed at the mirror for a few seconds. She had to be strong.

"It'll be fine, you're the lord of the Demon Realm. I am Freya Antinea Laphinia, I'll be fine," she said as she put on her best smile and headed out.

The shooting range was, of course, dark and empty. It was the middle of the night after all. Freya lit the candles surrounding the shooting range and summoned some of her butterflies to illuminate the place.

She loaded a rifle and fired away at the targets, seemingly expressing her exasperation.

Freya felt the trepidation running through her veins yet what vexed her even more was this feeling of helplessness crawling underneath her skin, she couldn't do anything to ease this unpleasant feeling welling up in her chest.

While she fell into a reverie, her ammo ran out. Freya threw the rifle aside and took her pistol that she kept on her. Her very first pistol in this life that Caiden gave as her birthday present when she was seven.

Time passed by so quickly. Sometimes she just wished that it would slow down. Or maybe good days will repeat. She could never know when someone cherished by her will disappear from her life. But time is not lenient at all.

She knew she couldn't do much. She knew it was the law of nature. She knew that she had to move on and be strong. She knew that...some people were meant to be a chapter of the story and played no part in the ending.

Who doesn't know that?

Freya started firing away more aggressively. Unnoticed by her, two silhouettes approached her from behind.

The hand reached out and covered her eyes gently as Caiden's pleasant voice rang in her ears, "Can't sleep?"

Freya's tensed muscles relaxed and fell into his embrace. She nodded and softly pushed away his hands. Upon seeing Mason, she grinned, "Good, you guys did as I instructed."

"Of course, Master. His majesty, Caiden sensed that you were feeling restless so we rushed here," Mason said with worried eyes.

Freya's eyes widened as a giggle came out of her glossy pink lips, "Is it because of the mark? Don't worry, I'm fine."

Caiden's brows knitted together. He grabbed her chin and leaned in for a kiss. Freya's face turned rosy pink as she felt a tongue invading her mouth. She tried pushing him away with all her might. But it was futile, he was too strong.

Caiden didn't bully her for too long and pulled back after a few seconds, "Liar. I can feel the instability of your emotions."

Freya's cheeks puffed out like a hamster as she pouted. She flicked Caiden's forehead playfully. "Mason is here. I'm his master, I can't show this vulnerable and inappropriate state. He is still young."

Mason, who is older than Freya, "..."

Caiden pinched Freya's cheeks in delight. Mason stood by their side with a rare smile. It has been a long time since they gathered together as three. It made him feel nostalgic for the old days.

Out of the blue, Freya's softened eyes became cold and icy. Her pupils shrank like a cat that detected danger, something had entered from the outside world.

As the link between her and the demon realm grew stronger each day, she gradually started becoming part of the demon realm herself.

It was fine if it were demons going in and out of the realm but she sensed pure mana. Demons have demonic mana, angels have pure mana and humans have the lowest amount of normal mana. But this being's mana wasn't as pure as an angel's.

A new hero. She was sure she killed the one she saw in her visions of the future a few lifetimes ago. This must be a new one....a few centuries have passed in the outside world after all.

"Something came up. Let's go," Freya narrowed her eyes dangerously. "Caiden, teleport me to the forest near the gate connecting to the outside world."

When they reached there, they saw a human with green emerald eyes and grey hair. He was good-looking but pale in comparison to the guys Freya knew.

The man asked cautiously while raising his sword, "Who are you?"

As he said that, more humans came into Freya's territory making her look at them with disgust. Caiden and Mason stood behind her as though her bodyguards.

"Should we deal with them?" Mason whispered. It wouldn't be hard, they seem weak.

Freya raised her hand, "Be patient. I want to get some information from them. Cast a barrier, trap them for now"

Two men including the hero and three women. The hero's harem she presumed.

She looked at the party and raised her brow, "What are you here for? This isn't a shopping mall. You can't just enter as you please."

A woman who Freya assumed was the mage said with confidence, "We're here to investigate the demon realm. Who are you to stop us?"

Hmmm, the cocky ojou-sama type.

Freya's eyes squinted with delight, yet her gaze sent chills down their spine. A question simultaneously appeared in their minds. Why was she looking at them as if they were dead?

"It's better to leave now and never return. Or else, all of you will become my pet's food~"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 42.9K 32
[Completed] Warning : The story is unedited. I apologize for the numerous grammatical errors within and messy storyline. *** Viola is the youngest ch...
2.4K 49 15
Formerly, "I Took In A Weakened Goddess, And Now I've Been Reincarnated In A New World" --- At that moment, I couldn't get myself to pull the trigger...
4.2M 152K 59
~NOT EDITED~ ~RE-WRITTEN VERSION AS FROM 09 JANUARY 2023~ A princess. The first thing that come to your mind when you think of a princess is someon...
209K 6.4K 55
I could say this is one cliché story. A college girl died and transmigrated into an otome game she once played. Unfortunately she becomes the villain...