๐ˆ ๐‹๐ˆ๐•๐„๐ƒ โœ“

By helloobabess

๐๐จ๐๐ฒ๐ ๐ฎ๐š๐ซ๐ ๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ๐š๐ง๐œ๐ž โ€ผ๏ธBe aware that this is my very first book. Probably has a lot of mistakes... More

Introduction
Prologue
chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 19
chapter 20
epilouge

chapter 10

5.7K 162 92
By helloobabess

- AZAIL -

She was dressed in a beige summer dress, with small blue flowers all over it.

Her hair down and a picnic basket in her hands.

She looked like a dream. A dream that i never wanted to wake up from.

"I packed everything. We can go now." She pated the basket.

Today she wanted to have a picnic by the lake. Apparently she was going to show me her secret spot. I didn't care where we were, i just wanted to be next to her.

I had do to something. I couldn't go through with Dante's plan. There was no way i was going to kill Mila. Even the thought made me sick.

It was barely the sixth day but i was feeling so much for her.

I wanted to be with her every day. To see her smile. See her happy. She deserved that more than anyone in this world.

I couldn't let her pay for her father's sins. She didn't even know anything about his business or what he got himself involved in.

She also doesn't know what kind of monster you are, Azail.

Even if i was a monster, i was going to protect her. No matter what. That was my last decision.

If she hates me after she finds out about everything, let her hate me. At least she'll live.

————-

We walked about ten minutes. This place was peaceful. The path lead to a small wooden pier.

"We're here." She gestured in front of her.

With hopping steps she went to the end of the pier. She placed the basket on the ground and took out a white blanket.

There was sound of birds and bees. The sun was setting and creating beautiful palette of red, orange and yellow colors on the sky.

But the most beautiful girl was in front of me.

I went further on the pier and sat on the blanket next to her.

She started taking out the food she prepared this morning.

"I brought some fruits, vegetables, croissants, cheese, orange juice," she giggled. "And most importantly cupcakes."

There were three types of cupcakes. Blueberry, red velvet and chocolate ones.

"I made the blueberry ones, because i know you like them. And i also made some other ones."

"They look delicious." I praised her.

We started eating and Mila keep talking about her favorite book and how she learned to cook by watching Maggie.

She also told me about how one of her professors keeps bugging her for sitting outside on her video calls.

And about some fucking kid named Noah or whatever. He apparently always made jokes while they had classes.

So what? I can make jokes as well. Nothing special about him.

I mentally rolled my eyes every time his name was brought up.

"Ughh! I can't tie my hair. It keeps getting in my face." She pushed her hair back.

"I can make you a braid if you want." Did i really just said that?

"Really?" Mila happy exclaimed.

"Yeah, come here." I gestured to her with my index finger to come closer.

She sat in front of me. Her back facing me.

I started doing her hair. It was so soft and silky. I used to do my mom's hair when i was younger. She loved head massages so i always played with her hair. That's how i learned to do braids.

When i finished with the braid, she turned and said thank you before pressing her plump lips on my cheek.

She quickly moved to her previous place and lowered her head. Blush visible on her face.

—————-

One hour later and there was no food left.

Mila was leid on the ground, her hands on her stomach.

I bet her belly hurt from all of the food we ate. But there was still a smile on her cute face.

I wanted to know how she does it.

"I wanna ask you something." She sat up and turned her attention to me.

"Go ahead."

"How are you always so happy? In all this time, i haven't seen you being slightly sad about anything." I ask her.

She softly smiled at me and looked at the lake. Taking a deep breath she answered.

"Because i learned to be pleased with the things that i have. I'm not gonna chase something i want all my life. What if i finally get it but realise that it doesn't make me happy? What if i wasted half of my life on it?" She explained. "If you learn to love what you have, you'll be happier and everything else is gonna come with time.

Sometimes things and people appear in your life when you don't expect them. But when they get here, it all makes sense."

It did make sense. I never expected her in my life but here she was and everything is better.

"You know i've never been out of this property. My dad would never allow to leave. I haven't even been out in town." A sad smile formed on her face.

"Dad always used to say that life outside was no good." It wasn't. It was ugly and cruel. But no one deserved to live like a prisoner. Especially not Mila.

"Maybe you'll take me some day."

"I will, Mila. I promise." I'll do anything for her. But firstly i had to figure out how was i going to solve the Dante problem.

"Wait, really? You'll take me?" She looked surprised.

"Yes." I promised her.

"Then you can take me on my birthday. I'm going to be twenty two in three weeks."

I already knew about her birthday and made a plan to buy her a first edition of Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austin.

It was her favourite book and favourite author.

I was never interested in reading but just for her i did a little research and found the perfect present.

"Did you always plan to work as a bodyguard?" Huh only if she knew i wasn't actually a bodyguard.

"Not really." Not at all actually.

"I want to work in my dad's company after i finish with college. We haven't really talked about it but I'll definitely work there. Oh there's so many things i wanna do.

First thing I'm going to do after i save some money is to buy a house. With big windows. I love the natural light. I'm gonna do a little library room. The kitchen's gonna be in white and open with the living room. There's gonna be a backyard filled with white and pink peonies. They are my favourite flowers.

I'll put a swing chair of course. I want to adopt two cats. I can't have them now cause Maggie is allergic to them. But when i live alone I'll definitely adopt two.

Maybe i'll have a family of my own as well. Who knows" she blushed saying the last sentence.

"I want to have children. A boy and two girls. I'm gonna cook and bake for them every day.

I'm never going to make them feel like they are unwanted. I'm gonna love them with everything i have."

There was so much happiness and joy in her voice. I wish i would be the one give her all of this one day.

"Do you have some plans for the future?" Yes. Yes i did. I wanted my future to be with her. To wake up next to her. To share every moment with her.

"I'll just go with the flow. We'll see how things go." I wasn't going to scare her with my day dreaming.

Fool.

I was a fool.

Already falling for her.

But i wasn't going to deny my feelings for her. There was no use in that.

"Let's go, Mila. It's getting late." I stood up and extended my hand for her to take.

"Okay. But i wanna take a picture with you first. I brought my polaroid camera."

She camae next to me and we took two photos. One for her and one for me to keep.

In both pictures i was looking at her.

—————

We got back to the house and Mila started walking to her room.

When we arrived at the door, she turned around.

"I had a really great day. Thank you." Her eyes had joyful spark in them.

"No need to thank me, princess." Before i could process what i was doing i pressed a light kiss on her forehead.

"Sweet dreams, Mila." I whispered, my face dangerously close to hers.

"Good night, Azail." With that she opened the door and went inside her room.

I was fucked.

Totally fucked.

A smile formed on my lips. My heart was going crazy.

But i didn't mind as long as it was going crazy for Mila.

My Mila.

This is how i imagined Mila's outfit

Thoughts on this chapter? What do we think of Mila and Azail? 🥹

Also I'm going on a weekend trip to Switzerland. 🚙

I'm probably gonna write in the car while we travel. So I'll try update but i'm not sure.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237K 2.5K 33
#1 badboygoodgirl #1 relationship-complicated Watching a car go up in flames is traumatic enough in itself. Watching a car go up in flames with the...
1.7K 115 35
"You think I want to live like this?!" He shouts in venom, his eyes bloodshot red from anger. That's when I realize, this isn't the person to get i...
1.2M 27.8K 38
โ€ขThe Assassin Seriesโ€ข "Too late as in I already cared about you. Too late as in I got so deep into my fascination of your simple existence that even...
12.4K 665 30
๐€๐ƒ๐‘๐ˆ๐€๐๐€ ๐Œ๐€๐‘๐“๐ˆ๐๐„๐™- she and her brother are going to Havenmont Academy for their last year of high school. The only bad thing about this...