Once Bitten *On Hiatus*

By writerbrittanyb

(18+) *Ongoing/Unedited* It has been seven years since the vampires took over. I remembered the day like it... More

𝕮𝖔𝖕𝖞𝖗𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙/𝕹𝖔𝖙𝖊
𝕺𝖓𝖊
𝕿𝖜𝖔
𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊
𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯
𝕱𝖎𝖛𝖊
𝔖𝔦𝔵
𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓
𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙
𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊
𝕿𝖊𝖓
𝕰𝖑𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓
𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊
𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓
𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓
𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓
𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓
𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓
𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓
𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊𝖙𝖊𝖊𝖓
𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞
𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕺𝖓𝖊
𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕿𝖜𝖔
𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊
𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗
𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕱𝖎𝖛𝖊
𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕾𝖎𝖝
𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓
𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙
𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊
𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞
𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕺𝖓𝖊
𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕿𝖜𝖔
𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊
𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗
𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕱𝖎𝖛𝖊
𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕾𝖎𝖝
𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓
𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙
𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊
𝕱𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞
𝕱𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕺𝖓𝖊
𝕱𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕿𝖜𝖔
𝕱𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊
𝕱𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕱𝖎𝖛𝖊
𝕱𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕾𝖎𝖝
𝕱𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓
𝕱𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙
𝕱𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊
𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞
𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞 𝕺𝖓𝖊
𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞 𝕿𝖜𝖔
𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊
𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗
𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞 𝕱𝖎𝖛𝖊
𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞 𝕾𝖎𝖝
𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓
𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞 𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙
𝕱𝖎𝖋𝖙𝖞 𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊
𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖞
𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖞 𝕺𝖓𝖊
𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖞 𝕿𝖜𝖔
𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖞 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊
𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖞 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗
𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖞 𝕱𝖎𝖛𝖊
𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖞 𝕾𝖎𝖝
𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖞 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓
𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖞 𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙
𝕾𝖎𝖝𝖙𝖞 𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊
𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞
𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕺𝖓𝖊
𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕿𝖜𝖔
𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊
𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗
𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕱𝖎𝖛𝖊
𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕾𝖎𝖝
𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓
𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙
𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞 𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊
𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖞
𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖞 𝕺𝖓𝖊
𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖞 𝕿𝖜𝖔
𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖞 𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊
𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖞 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗
𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖞 𝕱𝖎𝖛𝖊
𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖞 𝕾𝖎𝖝
𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖞 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓
𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖞 𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙
𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙𝖞 𝕹𝖎𝖓𝖊

𝕱𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞 𝕱𝖔𝖚𝖗

9.7K 509 56
By writerbrittanyb

• 𝓜𝓪𝓮 •

In the first moments of awareness after waking, I realized that my body was shaking and someone was holding me tight against them. And in those moments, I remembered everything. Who I slept with. What we'd done together, and in turn what I did to him when the nightmares took over.

There were things I'd never get into with anyone. Things I'd never say or admit to. And when those particular dreams decided to rear their ugly heads, it was better to not be near anyone. My fight or flight senses took over and immediately switched to fight and kill if need be.

It had been so long since I had that dream.

I opened my eyes when familiar scented sheets covered me and I looked up at Luca.

I knew Noah and Kite were there. Noah had talked me down, and admitted that they were both there. But why did I feel like there was someone else there?

Luca smiled slightly at me. "Hi, princess."

I looked down at his hands. His wrists. The one that I broke.

He moved them around, still holding me close. "All better. You're stronger than you look."

I met his eyes again, then looked at his throat, where he continued to heal. The wounds were nothing more than little pink crescent-shaped marks on his skin now. He let me look, watching me as I watched them fade further until they were gone.

Almost as if he knew when they were gone, he lowered his head and placed his lips by my ear. "If you tell me who hurt you, I'll kill them if they're not dead already."

I closed my eyes.

"Are you..."

The voice made me open my eyes again and look at Kite, and I startled when I saw Seraph, a careful mask of...something over his features. It wasn't a calm sort of emotion. There was a tinge of anger behind his eyes.

The door to Luca's room was closed and he leaned against it, his arms crossed over his chest as he watched me.

Why the hell was Seraph there?

I looked back at Kite, knowing they wouldn't have let Seraph in if they thought he was a threat.

"Are you okay," Kite asked. Then he sighed. "Obviously you're not. What do you need? What will make you feel better?"

I glanced down, realizing I was naked, but thankfully covered by the blankets.

"Clothes," I murmured.

"Get one of my shirts from the closet." Luca motioned to the closet with a nod of his head and Kite disappeared from view as he stepped inside.

I once again looked at Seraph, meeting his gaze as he stared at me. They kept moving over me, almost too quickly for me to notice, then came back to rest on my face.

Kite came back with a black t-shirt that I maneuvered over my head and body while I remained covered by the sheets. When I finally had it on, I slowly moved off of Luca, making sure to keep him covered as well.

If I wasn't so damn tired, I would have been embarrassed that they all saw us naked. But knowing their friendship, Noah and Kite already knew what happened. Seraph, however...

"So," Luca leaned back, grabbing my hand to keep me from moving too far away from him, "what brings you here, Seraph? I didn't call for your help."

Seraph didn't look at him. "I...felt her."

Kite turned and stared at him. "You felt her...what?"

He raised a hand to his chest and rubbed it, like he was rubbing away an ache there. He looked down at the floor, discomfort marring his features. "Her dreams...kind of jumped into my mind. And I felt her emotions through the dream."

I stopped breathing, ice sliding through my veins. He saw. He saw my dreams.

His eyes raised and met mine again, and though I'd assumed there would be pity, there was none. Just a kind of shock and sadness as he searched me.

'Were those memories, or just a dream?' His voice came through my head and I stiffened, staring at him.

I touched my head, like maybe I was going crazy. How the hell would he have spoken into my mind?

'I assume you don't want them knowing,' he said. 'But I'm curious.'

I shook my head at him. He could be curious all he wanted, I didn't want to get into it. Those dreams, those memories...they were better left alone. Kept in the dark recesses of my mind where no one could touch.

He tilted his head. 'I'd prefer you tell me, but I have ways of figuring it out. Though, I don't think you'll like it.'

I narrowed my eyes at him. If he went digging around in my brain with whatever voodoo mind-fuck bullshit he had going on, I'd put his name right under Zero on my want-to-kill list.

Kite glanced between the two of us, concern causing a crease to appear between his eyebrows. I wondered idly if he knew that Seraph had the ability to speak into other people's minds, regardless of whether or not they were a vampire. Then I wondered if they could all do that and just decided not to.

There was so much I didn't know.

Seraph hummed, then turned and left Luca's room, closing the door behind him.

"What the fuck was that about," Kite asked, staring at the door.

"Can you all do that mind talking thing, or is it just him?" I moved off of the bed, taking care to keep Luca covered, even though it seemed like he wouldn't care one way or the other.

Kite turned to me then, eyes wide. "The what? He did what?"

"Man, you're doing a bang up job of being helpful this evening," Luca crooned.

Evening?

I looked at the window, noting with a bit of annoyance that it was still dark out. Because of course it was. That explained why I was still dead tired.

Noah snorted. "Vampires can talk to non-vampires through thought, but it usually takes a lot of power. Luca and I can't do it, and Kite is still learning. That's why he's having a conniption fit."

Luca laughed while Kite just stared at me like I had three heads.

I rubbed my eyes and forced back a yawn, wanting to go back to bed and sleep, but knowing I likely wouldn't sleep well. I rarely did when those memories came to the surface. Noah used to sit with me, silently watching over me as I allowed myself to close my eyes again. He never asked, and I never told. It was better to let it be. I felt like talking about it would only make it worse, so I just didn't.

But now Seraph knew. Not all, but some. And that in and of itself was concerning. The things he could do with that information...

I closed my eyes.

No. He wouldn't do anything. I didn't know Seraph very well, but I knew that much at least. There was a reason he hadn't asked me about it out loud. Whether he knew I wouldn't want the other three men knowing, or whether he just wanted to keep it to himself, I wasn't sure. But I didn't think he'd say anything. Not unless it was necessary. And it hadn't been necessary to bring it up since it happened.

When I finally opened my eyes again, I sighed. "I'm going to go back to my room and try to rest."

Luca shook his head and held a hand out to me. "Nope, you're staying here."

"I broke your wrist and tried to choke you to death," I said, as if he may have forgotten. I didn't want to hurt him again.

He smirked. "And I'm healed. Stay here."

I looked at Noah like he'd somehow tell Luca that it would be a bad idea. If any other bad memories dragged me down, I'd likely hurt him again. Why couldn't he see that?

Noah raised an eyebrow.

No help from him.

I looked at Kite, who still stared at me in shock.

Nope. No help from him either. I think he short circuited.

Luca lifted himself up, grabbed my wrist, and pulled me to the bed. I was too tired to fight, allowing him to pull me against him. I closed my eyes again. If he wanted to risk it, that was on him.

I heard Luca's door open and close again, and then felt a body slide in behind mine. I glanced behind me as Noah wrapped an arm around me, and he smiled gently at me.

"Just like old times," he murmured. "Just now Luca's here too."

Yeah...just like old times.

*****
A/N: So, I changed the cover and I don't know if I like it 🤔 Wattpad kind of killed the quality of it 😅

Also! A lot of my chapters will end on a cliffhanger. If you've read any of my other books you would know I'm very keen on writing that way. I apologize in advance for the remainder of the story and the plans I have for it 😬

Happy Thursday!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

190 3 8
Jade meets this irresistibly hot vampire and handsome warewolf at her family's old hometown. Her being herself she wanted to explore the old ancient...
212K 11.1K 65
What I did was forbidden. I knew there was a punishment waiting for me. Witches like me were beheaded in front of the world. I knew what I had put my...
5.3M 226K 44
[Completed] ''I was born in flames and chaos. In one moment, I didn't exist at all. In another, air was tearing through the flesh of my lungs.'' Deep...
13.4K 1.1K 16
Barely surviving the fight that saw her demons defeated, Chevonne imagined the worst behind them. She imagined wrong. Old enemies never truly go aw...