single moms are ugly... and o...

By inlovewithclexabye

Clarke Griffin, a young, kind-hearted and hard-working mother of two teenagers, couldn't be happier with her... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three

fourteen

1.3K 78 19
By inlovewithclexabye

_____________________________________

Did Clarke seriously ever say sex was bad?

Fuck.

She's laying inbetween crumpled and stained sheets, her thighs spread apart by Lexa's hands. Lexa's tongue is buried inside her and Clarke is glad she only has neighbors downstairs. Her body is spasming, her hips bucking, held loosely by Lexa as she carries Clarke through her third orgasm. For a moment, the world seems to still, Clarke's body to shatter, to fall apart in Lexa's arms as Clarke waits for Lexa to pick up the pieces and glue them back together with a kiss.

Clarke thinks she must've dozed off after Lexa drained everything from her body. She notices the woman coming back up with a wetly gleaming chin and dripping lips, giving Clarke a sweet kiss on the lips, then her cheek and after that, Clarke falls asleep.

Lexa doesn't wake her. She herself is sated to the marrow of her bones, in need of a break, in need to take in this moment and the reality that yes, this is Clarke, naked, next to Lexa in her bed, giving Lexa all of her trust and softness.

Clarke is breathtakingly beautiful. Dazzling. So gentle, so lovely, so radiant. Lollipop red stains adorn the graceful curve of her neck, her cushion-soft, lush breasts, the pale insides of her thighs. Her hair looks an angelic golden now, smooth but messy, framing Clarke's sleeping face and the pillow.

The rosy pink hasn't disappeared from her cheeks and the bridge of her nose yet, her lips are still a little swollen from all the kisses.

Oh, how Lexa wishes she could paint now. What she would give to keep this moment forever on a canvas.

It takes her a moment to notice how her heart is already expanding to give this moment space inside, locking it away and throwing the key far away into the depths of her admiration for Clarke.

Careful not to wake Clarke, she covers them with the blanket and snakes an arm over Clarke's bare stomach, snuggling closer just a little. Clarke hums in her sleep and subconsciously turns to face Lexa, their legs entangling, Clarke's head tucking itself into Lexa's embrace.

Only moments later, Lexa is asleep too.

-

When Lexa wakes up, Clarke is still in her arms and the other way around. Still, the woman's breathing rhythm has changed, her chest rises and falls less regularly.

She's awake.

The nickname "Baby," slips past Lexa's lips before she can stop it. It's a soft murmur, like when Clarke's fingers had brought Lexa to the brink of bliss, now less breathless, more innocent.

It brings a subtle pink to Clarke's cheeks. "Hi."

"Hi back. How are you?"

"Starving."

Lexa chuckles. "Would you like some takeout? I don't know about you, but I don't feel much like cooking right now."

"I would love to. My phone is in the living room, let me get it-"

"No, stay, I'll get mine," Lexa interferes and with a soft peck to Clarke's lips, she leaves the bed. They find out that they both like the same Chinese restaurant not far away, so Lexa calls and orders, then gets back into bed.

Clarke's fingers thread into her hair gently and hesitantly, she presses a kiss to Lexa's forehead. "Thank you."

"Not a problem."

"No, I mean for everything."

Lexa looks up at her and raises an eyebrow teasingly. "Did I prove my point, though?"

Clarke laughs. "Oh, I think the neighbors can write you a paper about it."

And again, their lips meet in a lingering kiss and Lexa dares to put her hand back on Clarke's waist. "Clarke," she whispers. "There's one last thing on that list of yours that I would like to disprove, if you'll let me."

"What did I say? I can't remember Lexa, the memory has blurred to your lips and, you know-" Clarke stops for a moment and blushes again, "Fingers."

"You said 'nobody wants to date someone with children that aren't their own'," Lexa repeats and Clarke's heart catches in her throat. "You have children that aren't mine. And I really, really want to take you on a date. If you want this to be just a hookup though that's fine, of course."

"I don't," Clarke says quickly. "I don't, no, I would love- I would love to go on a date with you."

So that's where they remain for the rest of the night; the outlook on a date, takeout food in bed, long naps and round two early in the morning.

-

It's Saturday, three days after Lexa spent the night, and Clarke hasn't been able to stop thinking about it. The night, but also their date to come.

Lexa invited her to go to the movies after they found out they both planned to go watch the same new movie. Now, Clarke stands in her bathroom in a heap of clothes in the attempt to find the right mix of casualness that fits for a movie date

She settles on a black dress that's not too tight but not too flowy, simple but chic, bringing out Clarke's curves and her hair without being suggestive. She just finishes the look when she hears a knock at the apartment door.

Clarke freezes.

Her heartbeat quickens and she checks her phone. 6.04 p.m.. Lexa said she'd be there at 6.30, and she is a punctual person. Fuck, Clarke isn't entirely done yet. (Again, she doesn't curse, but hyptothetically) (She doesn't curse except when Lexa brings her to a more primal state of mind, to be correct)

Clarke rushes to the front door, flattens her dress and is glad to see in the hallway mirror that she looks perfectly casual with a hint of elegance, not too much and working with whatever Lexa would wear.

She opens the door, ready to apologize that she needs another minute- and stops in her movements.

Not Lexa.

"Aden," she says surprised. "Hi. You're home early?"

"I forgot something," he answers absentmindly. "Not important though."

"What do you mean, you came to get something, so come in."

"I appear to be interrupting," Aden reinforces his point with an edge of sharpness.

"Wha- oh! Oh, um-" Shit, this dress definitely doesn't look like her Saturday night couch potato outfit. "No! You're not."

"So why are you dressed like that?"

Clarke fumbles with her words, but she's mentioned Aden's intuition before, right? "You're going on a date," he states more than asks before she can say something and Clarke sighs.

Guilt floods her. She doesn't want Aden and Madi to think she's keeping any secrets from them. That she's exploiting every opportunity she has alone.

"Yeah."

The sound he makes is a mixture of a grunt and a low hum. "With whom?"

"Aden-"

"Okay, fine, actually I don't care, just one question. Is it Finn?"

"What? Seriously? No, of course it's not!"

"Yeah, why not?"

"Aden, what?"

"Just answer the question."

"Why I'm not going on a date with Finn? Because I have no idea where he even is, don't have his number and am absolutely done with him. You know why."

"I want you to say it. Why are you done with him?"

Clarke takes a deep, frustrated breath. "Because he took all our stuff, because he didn't accept you guys and because he mistreated you. You know this. What's your point?"

Aden's face darkens further. "Yeah, that was my point. If you feel lonely, let's go have some more game nights with grandma, but some stupid, unshaven douchebags are not an option!"

"Oh so that's your impression of me? The old single mom who doesn't get anyone but drunk assholes who want to take advantage of her?

Aden stares at her and then pushes past her into the apartment. "I didn't know you were capable of saying 'assholes'. But yes, that was what I was hinting at, just kinder."

"Kinder? Like what, my mom is a people pleasing doormat?"

"What I'm trying to say is that when you go out, it doesn't end well. Because Finn was not about the goddamn furniture or that he took our phones away, it was about you. It was about shoving the dirty dishes into your hands like you were his servant. It was about staring at you like he shouldn't have. It was about distancing himself from you whenever you tried to show affection. It was about changing your safe spaces until they weren't recognizable. It was about you sleeping on your own couch. But you didn't recognize that and you don't even recognize it now!"

"Of course I recognize that!" Clarke takes another breath and her voice grows softer. "Aden. I know I made a mistake with him, okay? I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I dragged you two into that. I'm sorry that I failed to recognize this back then. I'm not sorry for meeting him, though. Remember when you went to baseball practice as a kid and you wouldn't stop getting your nose bloody by getting hit?" Clarke chuckled. "It was horrible. I watched you on the field crumbling in pain over and over again. Well guess what, you were the best player by the end of the season because you knew exactly where the ball would hit upon seeing its angle."

"What does that have to do with it? It was super embarrassing," Aden complains.

"No, it wasn't. Do you know when you used to make fun of Madi for not being able to walk as well as you could when you were really young?"

"You've told us about it."

"Yeah. It seemed like everything you could trip on or run against, she would inevitably trip on or run against. Bellamy came home every week with new baby safety stuff, but Madi always overcame it."

"What are you trying to say?"

"I'm trying to say that I get bloody noses just like you and fall over just like Madi. That's okay. You play baseball fantastically, Madi can walk perfectly fine now, I know now what to look out for. Bellamy was my first boyfriend and you know he's just my friend. I never learned how to be in a romantic relationship with someone before Finn. All the lessons he gave me though-"

"Yeah, probably a lot," Aden agrees softly. "So... no douchebags this time?"

"Zero."

"Okay. That's good." He flashes her a short smile and pours himself a glass of water. "You know mom, to be honest I think it's really cool that you're going on a date. Douchebags off the list. Are you on Tinder? That would be kind of weird, not going lie. Hey, what if the dude who posted a six-pack pic on Tinder and seduced you is actually a 60 year old creep trying to kill you?"

Clarke gasps theatrically. "I would not be seduced by a six-pack, come on."

"You never know. But seriously, you do have pepper spray, right? Let me get it for you- do you think knives are allowed to take out around here? Pocket knives are, right? I have one, I'll grab it."

"Aden, I'm not going to be murdered."

"You never know that. It's a serious issue. It's dark, this is a city, you're a young woman on a date with a stranger you know from an eerie online forum-"

Clarke laughs now. "Tinder is an 'eerie online forum'?"

Aden looks like he's contemplating, then he confidently says, "Yes."

"Well, it should comfort you to hear that I am not in fact on Tinder and I'm not going on a date with a stranger either."

Now, his eyes squint together. "You're not?"

"Nope."

"Are you going on a date with someone you know or have you had a long term partner all along?"

"Former."

"Huh. Okay. No serial killer?"

"Hopefully."

"I'll pack you your pepper spray."

-

Aden insists on the pepper spray, but he has mercy on the knife, or various other self-defense objects that come to his mind. Clarke politely declines his offer to spy after Clarke and her date and step in if a crime scene were about to happen, too.

At 6.20, it knocks. Aden and Clarke exchange glances and before Clarke can stop him, Aden is already dashing to the front door with an umbrella held in his tight fist.

"Aden, put the umbrella down!" Clarke calls after him and mentally prepares herself for the encounter she is not so ready for.

It only reoccured to her during her conversation with Aden that the twins don't know anything about the fact that her mom is dating a woman. Much less, dating their tutor.

Once Aden sees Lexa in front of the door now- oh God.

Aden opens the door quickly and immediately goes into defensive position, the umbrella held like a sword. Geez, he's going to scare Lexa off forever.

"Aden?" it sounds from the door just before Clarke can see who's in front of it.

Oh.

Bellamy.

Thank God.

"Dad. Oh. Um. Hi. Right, I'm so sorry, I forgot you were waiting for me, I'm ready, let's go."

"What took you so long?"

Aden shrinks a little and helplessly looks over to his mom. Shit. Even if his parents say they were only friends all along, he supposes it's still an awkward situation to find out your ex-wife is dating. Not like Bellamy isn't doing it too, though.

"Bell. Hi."

"Clarke." Bellamy's chin ticks upward upon seeing Clarke and he raises his brows softly. "You're going out?"

"Yeah."

He grins and gives her a thumbs-up. "Cool. Oh God, did Aden investigate you about it?"

"Yeah," Clarke repeats with a tug upwards of her lips.

"I was just making sure she's safe," Aden argued.

"Okay boy, come on, your mom is expecting someone soon. Echo's probably waiting with dinner."

"Sounds good, okay," Aden says and quickly rushes out of the apartment. Bellamy follows, but not before throwing Clarke an even bigger, amused grin. She only shakes her head in response.

____________________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 3.5K 40
Clarke Griffin, a young doctor living in Spain, goes to a fan convention in Paris and meets her favourite actress Lexa Woods, who seems to be interes...
18.9K 511 10
The human race has transcended while Clarke was left alone because of her actions during the test. With all hope lost, she runs after her dog Picasso...
98.6K 4.2K 80
Love always finds its way. Let's witness a blooming, or a tragic story that will make us believe that love is always there, forever. A Clexa Fanfic...
517K 14.5K 32
Clarke Griffin is starting her freshman year in college. She is attending NYU for her Doctors degree. She is so excited to start her new life away fr...