MY DESKMATE

By KateLin344620

Y/N, a young and matured girl gets admission into her dream university. But after few days, her happiness fel... More

Introduction
Part-1(Smile please)
Part-2 (Trouble)
Part-3(Jeon Jungkook)
Part-5(Heartbeat)
Part-6(Bully pt:-1)
Part-6(Bully pt:-2)
Part-7(Strangers)
Part-8(My Deskmate)
Part-9(Memories)
Part-10(Disease)
Part-11(friendship)
Part-12 (Reunion)
Part-13(The Subtle Disturbance)
Part-14 (Is she jealous?)

Part-4 (Frenemies)

345 64 19
By KateLin344620

(AT KITCHEN, Y/N'S POV.)

She stops kneading the dough as she looks at me with her eyes glistening with joy but I can see her face screaming that she needs a proper explanation to what I'm telling.

"Jeon Jungkook? You mean the son of Mr and Mrs Jeon whose industry is emerging in Korea? You mean the handsome guy we've seen multiple times on news?" She started throwing me some questions in curiosity while I nodded my head. But I was kinda shocked because I've never seen him in news.

"News? We've seen him in news?" I asked confused while she was already gasping in shock and surprise. I know Jungkook is famous but how come I never knew it.

"Y/Nah, we've seen him like a lot of times. In which world are you living dear?" She spoke annoyingly as I just remain shocked for awhile. How is this possible? How come I didn't know Jeon Jungkook before?

"Anyways, try to be friends with Jungkook. Maybe things can work out better." She spoke with a tantalizing smirk as I just scoffed while I fastened stirring the cream. Now, the cream was extremely whipped.

"I'd never. That guy is a trouble maker, always chooses troubles." I spoke while my mom just shook her head with a smile. Is she teasing me now? But let her tease, I know myself better that I can never be friends with a cocky and nosy guy.

I can do this. Isn't it?

(TIME SKIP)

"DAD!!!! FINALLY YOU'RE BACK!!!!" I screamed out in excitement when I saw my dad entering into the living room. I immediately went to him as I hugged him tight. He grinned as he also hugged me back with the same force.

"Oh my kiddo, how have you been doing? Your dad missed you a lot." He spoke while ruffling my head. I smiled widely as finally I can look at him properly.

"Dad, I'm doing good and you know I got into my favorite university. I also missed you alot dad." I spoke, trying not to weep up. I looked at him as a huge smile spreads on his lips.

"Oh my champion girl, I KNEW IT THAT YOU'LL GET INTO UNIVERSITY." He spoke while patting my head this time. He gave me a small hug again before he reaches my mom.

"Honey, I'm glad that you're back." My mom spoke as she kissed my dad. He also kissed her back. But it lasted for few seconds.

"I was missing you a lot darling." My dad spoke as they hugged each other before we all went to celebrate this night in the dining hall with lots of laughter and happiness. Now, we're a happy family again.

Yeah!!!

(AT PARTY, JUNGKOOK'S POV.)

I made my step inside the big banquet hall as I can see a mass crowd associated over there. There were people communicating to each other. Each and everyone looked elegant. I can also see some Englishmen in this party. The lights were glowing so beautifully that it was enchanting the whole hall.

I don't know but I felt a little nervous because I'm really not an outside person and this huge crowd wasn't making me calm either. I wanted to grab my mom's hand but again, I know I'm not a small child anymore. That'd be so embarassing.

I saw my dad running into some Englishmen as they started chattering among each other while my mom found her relatives as she also soon left me over there. I was now all alone in the mid of this hall, feeling really nervous. I just want Jimin to show up then only, I can be at ease.

"Bhoo!!" I almost flinched when there was a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to find Jimin laughing crazily. I just gave him an angry expression but internally, I was really happy that he's here now.

"Why are you looking so scared huh?" Jimin asked me with a soothing voice that would make me comfortable. I just looked at him with a worried gaze.

"It's her definitely. I'm like an outcast over here." I spoke monotonously as Jimin looks at me, the anxiety in his gaze was far gone.

"I told you not to worry. It was a long time ago." Jimin spoke, trying to reassure me. I just nod my head, hoping for his words to come true.

"Jungkook and Jimin oppa!! Long time no see!?" No, that can't happen. The thing that I feared can't happen like this in reality.

We both turned around to find that particular girl standing near us. She was having a huge wide grin on her lips. I was already fearing for the upcoming war. I looked back of her to find my parents and her parents coming towards me. Jimin also looked at them as he excused himself, leaving that place.

"Aww Jungkookah, you've became so manly and handsome. A perfect choice for my beautiful daughter." She spoke that without hesitation as I just bowed her, smiling sheepishly.

"Mom, I already told you...my choice is always awesome. Now let's have a discussion regarding my marriage." What? Marriage? Why my mom is now dragging me with them? Wait!!!C'mon what's happening?!?! Isn't this a party?!!!

I looked at my mom confusedly as I wanted an explanation but she just looks at me sympathetically as they all dragged me to a place which is particularly called dining hall.

(AT DINING HALL)

I looked down to my hands as I was now sitting on a chair. My palms were pale and sweaty just like my face. The dining table was full of different types of foods and drinks but guess what, I have lost the appetite.

"So Jungkook do you like my daughter?" I choked on my almost dry saliva as I first looked at my mom and dad in confusion then at my aunt.

"Aunt, I've never liked your daughter." I spoke with no hesitation but my lower gaze was still on my hands. I can feel her eyes already burning holes on me.

"Jungkook, what're you saying? You don't like me, you love me right?" I shot my head up towards her. How can she assume that? Or is she really that fool not to recognise it?

"No Anna, I don't love you and have never loved you. Yes, you've confessed your love to me but I've already rejected you. I've always seen you like my sister." I spoke genuinely, trying to keep my fear aside. My dad took a huge sigh as he leaned against the chair.

"See sister, if my son isn't agreeing to this. Then we can't make it happen. My son will only marry to someone who he loves genuinely." My dad spoke as I felt like crying, thanks dad for supporting me. I never thought that my dad would stand against his adopted sister just for me. But I'm his son anyways.

"No, what about our business deal then? The Lee X Jeon collab? We've to settle them up for a marriage." By hearing the marriage word, I can feel my soul leaving my body. Now, I just want to leave this place. I really did a big mistake coming over here at first place.

"I respect your decision Mrs Lee but where's your husband? He'd be the one discussing about this not you." My mom spoke as Mrs Lee soon shuts her mouth, hanging her head low, a smile soon cracked on my lips victoriously.

"H-he's busy w-with some work." She spoke dubiously as my mom and dad lend a suspicious gaze towards her.

"How can we believe you? This collaboration is a big thing and your husband is the one who'd be discussing this with us. I'm sorry sister but you don't know anything about business and you'd not be intruding in it." My dad spoke worriedly, well, yes my aunt doesn't know anything about business. She was actually never into business and management. So, it's really suspicious.

The air inside the room turned cold as all were silent. So, is this the end of the discussion? Can we now eat and leave this horrible party?

"Jungkook, if you don't want to marry my daughter? Then whom do you wanna marry? Do you've someone else in your life?" Mrs Lee asked me, ignoring my mom and dad.

"I just want to marry someone I love." I spoke respectfully as she just scoffed, rolling her eyes. Well, that triggered me.

"Brother, I don't understand why are you listening to Jungkook? He's a small child. What will you do if he falls in love with a gold digger?" She spoke but my dad just banged the table as he stood up from the chair. Me and mom also standing up.

"Stop it, sister. I don't understand why are you chasing my son? If he doesn't want then we can't do anything. Marriage is for lifetime but this business deal is temporary. So, I'm not agreeing to this deal." My dad spoke as he signalled us to leave this place. We all left that place.

Thank you dad and mom for supporting me.

(NEXT DAY)

(AT UNIVERSITY, Y/N'S POV.)

I entered inside the classroom cheerfully yet joyfully but was soon stopped when I saw there's a deafening silence inside the class. I felt shivers down my spine, thinking if the teacher has entered the classroom but when I looked at the front, I saw no one. So, why is the whole class silent?

I looked around to find the particular person in the class. I mean he's the person who'd make the whole classroom chaotic. I thought he's absent but no! He was just sitting there as he was silent, looking down at the table.

I creased my eyebrows as I saw him, lost in his deep thoughts. He wasn't looking happy instead he was looking really sad. Is it because of yesterday? But he's the one who badmouthed about me. I didn't do anything. Yes, I fought with him, but I fought for myself.

But why am I even thinking about him? I shouldn't be caring about his business. I thought as I immediately went to my seat to see Amalia is already present beside me. She was writing something on her notes but when she noticed me, she immediately greeted me with a fancy smile. I also smiled back.

I looked around the classroom and it was damn silent. It seems like Jungkook is the leader of this classroom. I scoffed internally, thinking about it.

But yea, the Jimin guy is also frankly silent. I mean he chatters with girls but I guess his nosy friend has also threatened him not to do that. Jimin was sitting beside Jungkook as he was reading a book not sincerely.

I again looked back at Jungkook who seems like he'd weep up at any time. But again, he looks serious and bold. Arghh, why am I even thinking about him? Does he think about me? Of course not!

I pulled out the books which I needed from my bag. Well, there's more 30 minutes to start the first period. so I guess I'd read my book.

I took it out of my bag as I opened the page where I've kept a bookmark. This book name is 'war and peace'. God, I love this book so much.

I started reading but soon I heard some brisk and rush steps behind me. I looked back to see a stern Jungkook who was now leaving the classroom hurriedly. Did something wrong happen with him?

Even though he's like my enemy but I hope everything is going fine with him.

(ON THE STREET, JUNGKOOK'S POV.)

I was heading down the street as it was already evening. It was too much of a tiring day today. Jimin is also not with me as he has to work out on some choreography with his mates in the theatre.

I looked down the street as I can still remember my parents' words once we reached home last night. They were still ringing in my ears.

"Jungkook, we'll support you in anything and everything but we also have a condition that is please stop dreaming about being a boxer."

Those words weren't leaving from my head. It looks like this would be a permanent mark or maybe temporary? Because as time would pass by, this wouldn't be that painful. I was going while kicking the pebbles on the road.

But soon, I got snapped out of my thoughts when I heard a dog's voice or may be a pup's voice. I looked down immediately to see a cute white furry pup on the ground. It was so tiny that I was literally thanking god that I didn't step on it.

I looked down to see the pup's leg is stuck with a needle. Oh for that it was whimpering in pain. I kneeled down as I took the needle out of it's leg and finally I saw the pup being excited. It was expressing by wagging it's tail. A smile apparently appears on my lips as I patted it's head before I stood up. The pup finally left the place.

"Never thought that you're such a kind person." My eyes widened when I heard a girl's voice coming from backside. I turned around, still in shock to see the person.

"What are you doing here?"

(ON THE STREET, Y/N'S POV.)

I was excited because I'm going back home now. Well, tonight my mom and dad has planned that they'll go out somewhere. So, I'd be enjoying the night alone. Yipeee!!

I was dancing on the street while heading back home. I was also trying to contain my excitement because you know I can't scream outside, I'm really introverted.

But soon I saw a particular person helping the pup to get rid of the needle from it's leg. I can feel my heart warming up. That was really a sweet view.

"Never thought that you're such a kind person." I spoke when I saw the person standing up. He immediately turned around as he looked at me with his shocked wide eyes.

"What are you doing here?" All he could gather up and ask to me. Well, this time there was a tiny smile on his face. I'm glad that he's back to his originality.

I took a step forward as he raised his brow in confusion. I took my steps until I got closer to him. He was now looking at me with a smirk as well as in confusion. I crossed my arms, while having a smile on my face.

"Thank you." I spoke as he looks at me like I'm an idiot. He couldn't understand anything so finally I thought of saying it.

"I'm thanking you on the behalf of the pup." I spoke and now I can see him smiling. Wow, I thought that he'd scold me or taunt me but he didn't do anything. I don't know but it was making me really really happy even though I'd not feel like that.

"So you saw me helping the pup." He asked as I nod my head. He took a deep sigh, I think he's still exasperated. I mean he looks exasperated since morning.

"Well, I was thinking...that...can we become friends?" I spoke but soon got pinned against the wall. He was dangerously close to me as I can feel my cheeks reddening.

God, he's insanely handsome.

He soon grabs my jaw as he looks at me. Well, I don't want him to hear my heart pounding. I feel like our gazes were locked deeply. My soft eyes watching the dark horizon in his orbs but finally I shook my head when he cleared his throat. I can now see his eyes turning seductive and teasy.

"Baby, I'm okay with friends but I want us to be frenemies."

(Heart starts beating louder.)

TO BE CONTINUED

Hello guys, finally I published the part-4, I'm not gonna waste any time and will be publishing part-5 very soon. I know I'm always becoming late.

But for now, enjoy your day and take care.

And remember this author loves you. So, have a kiss. Mwahh <33

And VOTE!!! VOTE!!! VOTE!!!
If you also love this story and love your author, then vote please :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.7K 420 43
A cute and simple love story about a girl Y/N whose first impression about the new transfer student is rude and mean but he turns out to be a total s...
219K 8.7K 45
A story where a girl starts crushing on her classmate Kim Taehyung. Will she ever end up with him? When all he ever see her is as his bestfriend. Wil...
28.4K 944 15
Just getting out of high school, you had a bit of trouble choosing a career. Eventually, you discovered your love for teaching. Your college gives yo...
389K 14.8K 27
Genre: Romantic Comedy This story revolves around a perfect boss and his not so perfect secretary. Both of them find each other very annoying and int...