Chatoyant. | JJK

By jungkookiesgolden

"All the diamonds in the world are for your pretty eyes." | Contains smut, angst and fluff. | English isn't m... More

Prologue.
01 : Appearances.
02 : High society.
03 : Business.
04 : Red dress.
05 : A shot for charity.
06 : Unexpected sides of oneself.
07 : Family feud.
08 : Alliance.
09 : Family dinner.
10 : Blabbering.
11 : The right department.
12 : Training.
13 : Pathetic man.
14 : Good boy.
15 : Heartstrings.
16 : I love you.
17 : Business proposal.
18 : Mommy issues ?
19 : Chills.
20 : I'm Cara Revaz.
21 : Super-mega hole.
22 : Wrong decisions.
23 : Lethargic.
24 : You did this.
25 : Five months.
26 : Thoughtful.
27 : Graduation.
28 : Shameful.
29 : Julie Constance.
30 : Miserable.
31 : Impulsive.
32 : A beautiful day.
33 : All the minutes in the world.
34 : Big baby steps.
35 : Don't overthink this.
36 : Still Cara Revaz.
37 : Brunch.
38 : Family secrets.
39 : But I am a Revaz.
40 : Sassy men apocalypse.
41 : Inner-boob.
42 : Moving on.
43 : Marinated lamb chops.
44 : Socialites.
45 : Fifty dollars.
46 : Mother knows best.
47 : Date night.
48 : Overwhelming.
49 : Closure.
50 : Angelic devil.
52 : Nervewracking meeting.
53 : Family.
Finale : Cara Mia.
Granted wishes.

51 : Rush.

1.3K 100 32
By jungkookiesgolden

| I haven't wrote a chapter this long in a while, enjoy <3
☆★☆★

☆★☆★→ 𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐭𝐨𝐲𝐚𝐧𝐭 ←☆★☆★

Two weeks before the marriage

Jeon Jungkook

I cannot let her know about this.

I can never tell Cara about what just happened.

See, the marriage approached way too fast for me to notice.

After all, I was now vice-president of Jeon Enterprises, acquiring the position in just a few months, which said a lot about the amount of work I had to put in.

If at first Cara and I always found some time for each other, these past few weeks she's been busier, orchestrating the wedding's final touches, constantly being unsatisfied with the furniture they sent for the house and of course, pushing herself harder at work because her senses were tingling.

A big opportunity was coming for her in that company.

Though a typical good partner would urge her to rest, I knew better than anyone that Cara thrived in chaos.

She had all of our honeymoon to rest, especially since after the marriage, things should get a bit more calm.

But that's not the issue.

The problem is that I realized how close the wedding was a few weeks ago and believe me, there was a difference between being married to Cara Revaz and marrying Cara Revaz.

So naturally I got nervous, sending me into a vicious cycle of binge eating which ultimately made me gain a few pounds.

And the suit didn't fit anymore.

I repeat, the almost eight hundred thousand dollars, custom, hand-made suit from Italy which has been delivered in a private jet with five people to make sure it arrived in perfect condition didn't fit.

"Well, isn't that funny ?" My friend Taehyung said, looking at the panic on my face as the tailor looked at me with murderous intent.

"I am genuinely terrified.. Isn't there a way to fix this ?" I asked, horrified. "Can you fix it ?"

"It might be a bit tough, after all it's custom-made.. One mistake and it's-"

"Then mistakes are not allowed." I cut him off. "Because if that suit doesn't fit the way it's supposed to, it's off with my head and then yours, so it has do be perf-"

My phone started ringing, making me shut up instantly.

Cara's ringtone.

My palms got sweaty, throat going dry.

I could never lie to Cara, she'll know something is wrong immediately.

"Give me the phone.." I told Taehyung.

He looked a bit scared himself, for me.

I cleared my throat and took a deep breath before answering, trying to sound as casual as I could.

"Yes-"

"I need you to get that story on the Kim's out right now." She cut me off, sounding enraged.

Woah.

Woah, woah, woah.

"What happened ?" I asked, immediately walking out of the room for privacy.

"That fucking.." She took a breath, trying to calm herself down. "Kim Namjoon convinced the vice president to embezzle money from Revaz Enterprises to save his pathetic company.. Evangeline Revaz will be arriving in town within two hours to help solving this."

My eyes went wide, eyebrows furrowing.

That man is insane and petty.

But he's also smart and apparently, good at convincing people.

The vice president of Revaz Enterprises worked there for decades, he was coaching Cara too, yet, Kim Namjoon still managed to make him breach his loyalty.

I had to admit, it was a bit impressive.

"Did he target Revaz Enterprises over the incident at the restaurant ?" I asked, trying to get the awfully tight jacket off of me.

"No, he must be upset about the day he barged in my office to get closure but got humiliated instead." She answered, the click of her heels loud over the phone.

My movements paused.

I've never heard about that.

"What are you talking about ?" I asked, frozen in place.

"Well I didn't tell you because it's irrelevant." She answered.

"Cara I'm your husband, I would like to at least know that you had a conversation with your ex-fiancé who hates us."

I didn't know how to feel.

I trusted her enough to have nothing to worry about, but I would've liked to know that it happened right when it did.

"I promise I'll tell you everything when we get home, okay ? But for now you have to get that story out Jeon Jungkook, none only I want him to go down but the public opinion will completely switch on him and we'll get support from everyone for sure.. It's good for both of our companies and remember, we're still trying to establish ourselves as a powerful household name in high society so we'll definitely get sympathy points for that, but also because obviously, it shows that we're working together and that our marriage is diamond-level solid and unbreakable." She said, her voice quite frantic due to how busy she must be.

I didn't know how to feel.

I understood that there was a time and place for everything and what she said wasn't wrong at all, but I wanted to know more about the conversation they had.

Why would he-

Oh.

Oh no.

That's jealousy.

I shouldn't be jealous, especially of that guy, but God I couldn't help it.

Matter of fact, I wasn't jealous but enraged.

No, enraged and jealous.

What is going on in my brain ?

"Jeon Jungkook ? Are you still there baby ?"

Oh.

'Baby'..

Hm, I felt appeased for some reason.

"Yes, yes.. I'm at the suit's fitting right now, I'll push it back to tomorrow and get to the office as fast as I can to get it out." I answered, recollecting myself.

Though a part of me still wanted to know everything about their last encounter, I didn't feel the same urgency about it.

Now I was frustrated, there's no way Kim Namjoon will walk away from this unscathed.

Funny how it used to be the Revaz's versus Jeon's, now it's Revaz-Jeon's versus Kim's.

"Thank you, now I have to go, things are hectic here." She said, letting out a breath.

"Okay, love you."

She hummed in response before hanging up, not before I could hear someone call for her.

I was stressed for her at this point.

But most importantly, I knew that this incident meant that Cara will probably be promoted to vice president, which probably put even more pressure on her shoulders.

I couldn't mess it up.

"We'll see each other tomorrow to finish this, I have an emergency to take care of." I said, going straight into the small changing room.

"Sir ?!" The tailor called out, completely confused. "I have appointments tomorrow, I can't-"

"I'll come after hours and pay you triple as a compensation, is that fine ?" I cut him off, quickly putting my clothes back on.

Thankfully, they were lose-fitting, so it didn't take much time.

Today was supposed to be my off day so I could go prepare properly for the marriage : the suit fitting, retouch some of my tattoos, pick out my jewelry.. But well, priorities.

I wanted Cara to know she could count on me, just like I knew I could count on her with anything.

I relied on her a lot, but rare were the times where the opposite happened.

That was my chance to prove myself as her husband.

"Well in that case there won't be a problem sir, I will wait for you." The tailor answered, satisfied.

Fair enough.

I got out of the changing room and grabbed the small amount of things I had, thanking him again and apologizing to Taehyung before getting into my Mercedes Benz, rushing to the office.

As Cara said, we need to act fast.

First, I'll get their upcoming bankruptcy story out, then when there'll be enough evidence, the money embezzling one.

He's going down.

"Mister Jeon ? Isn't it your-"

"Emergency meeting right now, get everyone in the meeting room." I cut the assistant off, walking towards said room at the speed of light.

Usually I tried to gather myself as best as I could to go to work, but today there I was, in a tracksuit, leading the meeting and urging the employees to get the information by tonight.

I wanted it on the television, paper news, social media outlets, even on a goddamn billboard in the middle of Times Square.

Kim Namjoon is going down.

Cara Revaz

"Miss Cara, miss Cara !"

I let out a sigh.

Everything was in chaos.

Kim Namjoon was smart enough to make it neat, however, he didn't take the VP's guilt in consideration.

Sure, such a copious amount of money would be noticed anyway, but it wouldn't have been traced back to him.

Still, everything was hectic.

I was teared between getting my revenge and get my company back up, but either ways, I'll manage to do both.

I'm Cara Revaz.

I can handle such things with ease.

"Okay everyone." I said, standing in the middle of the room to get the employees' attention, ignoring everyone who kept chanting my name like a prayer. "I want everyone to calm down and think, fear and panic will not help getting that money back.. The vice president has been arrested and as we speak, Evangeline Revaz is on her way to the police station  to deal with this, in the meantime, I need everyone to gather the proof necessary and of course, keep the business going, do your jobs just as usual, this is not a crisis at all just.. A mere inconvenience."

I want to stop here but I knew my irritation would be senses if I did that.

These people were my employees, not my worshippers, still, they needed to see that the higher-ups weren't stressing, or else panic will be unleashed in the building.

"Thank you for trying your best, I would like to say that the situation is under control but that'd only be in theory, only you can turn it into practice to make sure it is really under control.. So just do what you studied for in school, what ended up getting you hired in one, if not the biggest company in this country with serenity, and only then will we be able to quickly overcome this."

That speech was probably the corniest thing that has ever left my mouth, but I could feel the tension in the air lift a little bit, which means it was effective.

It was my first time truly being a leader in the company, I knew the board would be watching my reaction too.

I was the only one in line to be vice president, so I needed to be the mvp of the situation.

Then, unexpectedly, my worries lifted off of my shoulders as the employees didn't clap like they would in a movie, but instead, went back to work, hectic but definitely with a better, calmer atmosphere than before.

Good, I would've shot myself if they clapped.

I didn't say all of this for applause but for motivation, so that meant I did what I was supposed to.

I walked back to my office, my heels clicking the ground as again, speed-walking was all I could afford.

I've been spending my day in meetings, doing damage control with the board, other investors but I was yet to hear from my mother.

We haven't talked in a long time, even for work-related things, so it was safe to say that I felt a bit nervous, but nothing compared to the years of fear I went through.

I sat on my chair with a sigh, throwing my head back.

I need a drink.

Not because I was stressed, but because I felt good.

This is what I've always wanted after all, being in charge of the company.

The phone on my desk started ringing, snapping me out of my transe.

I answered the phone with yet another sigh, pressing the speaker the button.

"Yes ?"

"Good job."

That was Evangeline Constance.

Evangeline Constance called me to congratulate me, that felt unreal.

Especially since she immediately hung up after that.

Though I was decided to not talk to her anymore, somehow, her praise warmed me up inside.

I hated that it felt good to hear, I hated how I still felt happy that she acknowledged me and my work, I hated it more than anything.

But I couldn't help it.

The phone rung yet again, my tongue clicking as I answered.

"Yes ?"

"Miss Revaz, your.. husband is here for you." The receptionist said.

She seemed a bit awkward about calling Jeon Jungkook my husband and frankly I couldn't blame her, it felt weird to hear.

But what in the world was he doing here ?

"Let him in.. Oh, and don't bother asking next time."

"Understood."

After hanging up, I immediately sat up correctly on my chair and straightened myself a bit.

It didn't matter if he was my husband or if we lived together, I still wanted to look good.

I turned to the right to the mirror on the wall, fixing my top and putting my hair back in place, quickly taking my lipgloss in my drawer to reapply it and with a perfect timing, when I turned around, Jeon Jungkook came in.

He looked slightly disheveled but still looked good, holding bags of food as he walked in.

"It's been a while since I've been here.." He said, placing the bag of food down. "You always forget to eat when you're focused so here."

"Thanks.. But what about what I asked you to do ?" I asked, taking the plastic bowl out of the bag.

He sighed, clicking his tongue jokingly before grabbing the remote, turning the television screen on and switching to the news channel.

I watched attentively, frozen in my position, the fork hanging in the air.

He did it.

I asked him to expose Kim Namjoon three hours ago and it was done, the news were reporting it with all the proof that the Kim's were falling off with what the Jeon's had accumulated over the years.

I dropped the fork, my eyes widening as I grabbed my phone.

It was everywhere.

Every single media outlet out there.

Jeon Jungkook did that in three hours.

He always spoke like he was some kind of piece of shit who couldn't get work done, but he was actually amazing.

".. I never want to hear you talk down on yourself again." I said, my voice expressing my disbelief. "Getting that out there in three hours is insane Jeon Jungkook."

"I could've been faster than that, one hour should've been en-"

"What did I just tell you ?" I cut him off, looking up from my phone to glare at him.

He pursed his lips, grabbing his own fork.

"Thank you though.. With all of this out there, his reputation is dead and buried.. I'll give you informations about his little embezzling case and then he'll really be six feet under, rotting and decomposing with worms eating his flesh away."

He hummed in response, turning off the television and taking my phone under my protests.

"We need to talk Cara."

I raised a brow but got serious, though I finally decided to dig in the delicious poke bowl he so graciously brought me.

"I'm all ears."

He sighed, visibly in his thoughts for a little while.

That man looked exquisite.

I never thought I'd be attracted to a man wearing a tracksuit and flip flops but there I was, munching on the food he brought me as a I admired him.

"We said we'd tell each other everything so I'll just say it, it bothers me that you didn't tell me about Kim Namjoon coming here, as insignificant as it was.. I trust you and I believe you when you say that you only want me, I also know that you don't like him, but it really bothers me."

I stayed silent for a few seconds, taking everything he just said and wisely choosing my next words.

I didn't really understand where he was coming from, but I didn't want to hurt or minimize his feelings so the way I chose my words was crucial.

Lord, this communication thing was difficult.

"To be honest, I.." I sighed, marking a small pause. "I have a hard understanding what you're saying.. Do you only feel that way about Kim Namjoon or.. Is it all men ? I.. I'm a bit confused."

And I genuinely was.

He didn't tell me why it bothered him, just that it did.

How am I supposed to do better if I don't have a clear reason as to why ?

"It's just Kim Namjoon and it bothers me because.. Well.. I envied him for years over you, so knowing that the two of you were alone in this room rubs me the wrong way.."

Oh.

I didn't expect anything but it still surprised me.

"Oh.. I get where your coming from then." I answered. "I doubt it'll happen again, but if it does, I'll let you know immediately."

The relief on his face painfully obvious as he shot me a small smile, nodding.

"Thank you."

"I-"

I got cut off by the sound of my phone ringing, making me sigh.

All that phone has been doing is ringing all day, I just wanted to have some peace with my husband for a few minutes.

That was too much to ask apparently.

"Yes ?" I asked, audibly tired.

"Missus Revaz asked me to let you know that your presence is mandatory at the board's meeting tonight after hours." The secretary said, audibly excited.

I once again dropped my fork, my eyes widening under Jeon Jungkook's intrigued gaze.

"Oh.. Thank you." I said before hanging up, trying to sound as composed as I could.

I stayed silent for a few seconds, processing what she just said.

That was insane.

Insane.

I didn't know what to expect, my heart beating like a drum in my chest.

Everything I've been working towards will either pay off or come crashing down, all depending on how much Evangeline Constance could tolerate me.

"What's wrong ?" Jeon Jungkook asked, getting slightly worried.

I looked at him with the same state of shock on my face, his eyebrows raising at how uncharacteristically nervous I was.

"I'll either get promoted or sabotaged tonight."

.

.

🍬SWEET&SOUR PROD.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

101K 4.4K 23
Hoseok takes an interest for her, but have to keep it on the low and at distance. | Contains Fluff, Smut & Angst | English isn't my first language.
166K 5.2K 20
"Were you the one who told everyone I had a big dick?" Fuck girl? Definitely. Fuck boy? Possibly.
166K 3.2K 30
bottom tae oneshots. - smut - angst - fluff [bts top.]
319K 4.1K 17
This will contain Smut and trigger warnings, requests are open! BTS scenarios are sperate and all members will be used. I mean no disrespect to any o...