Ties And Fate (Book 1)✔️

By NunenaClarke

Wang Linxue transmigrated into a novel and becomes the villanous second female lead of a wealthy family. In t... More

Chapter I.
Chapter II (Arc 1).
Chapter III.
Chapter IV.
Chapter V.
Chapter VI.
Chapter VII.
Chapter VIII.
Chapter IX.
Chapter X.
Chapter XI.
Chapter XII.
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII (End of Arc)
Chapter XIX (Arc 2)
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Chapter XLV
Chapter XLVI
Chapter XLVII
Chapter XLVIII
Chapter XLIX
Chapter L
Chapter LI
Chapter LII
Chapter LIII
Chapter LIV
Chapter LV
Chapter LVI
Chapter LVII
Chapter LVIII
Chapter LIX
Chapter LIX
Chapter LX
Important news!!!
Chapter LXI
Chapter LXII( End of Arc)
Very Important News!!!

Chapter XXVI

2.5K 74 10
By NunenaClarke

Thanks so much for reading this chapter. Here's another one and I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I wrote. ❤️❤️

Wang Linxue decided to stay and take care of him. His grandma was counting on her at least so she would.
She was given essentials and cleaned up in his bathroom.

While she was in the bathroom, Xi Jinwei took his phone and unlocked it. He had a text from Cheng Qi.

CQ: Is she there with you, bro?

XJ: Yeah. She stayed behind liked I planned.

CQ: Bro... Are you doing the right thing here?What if she finds out you are lying?

XJ:I'm acting really good. She won't find out. And I also made them hit me a bit to make it believable.

CQ:Bro, you're being a bit toxic here. What if she really doesn't like you...you know ,like that?

Three dots appeared that he was typing but it took long before an answer came through.

XJ: She will.

CQ:..._

CQ: Ok, fine. So you are going keep resorting in tricks to make her fall for you huh? But what if she one day find out about them? Won't she leave you ?

XJ: Then I'll make her fall for me so she can't leave me ever.

CQ: Good luck⊙﹏⊙. Wang Linxue is a tough but to crack, bro.

Cheng Qi who was outside shook his head at his friend's behaviour. He knew of Xi Jinwei's plan to get beaten up for Wang Linxue's attention.
He almost told Wang Linxue in class today but refrained.

It was a bit too much for someone you like but he didn't want to judge much. Only support him but chide him if he was being too hard on himself.

He had vowed to himself that if Xi Jinwei suffered due to his own actions he would do all he could to stop it. For now he would be an onlooker for his friend.

He walked down the lighted streets looking for the things on his list to buy. The place wasn't too crowded but he was suddenly bumped into by someone who knocked over the things he was holding over.

The figure stood behind him and grabbed his clothes tightly hiding behind him.

Then a guy came out of the crowd looking for someone.

"Yun! It's me. I'm your number one. You said you loved me so why run away now?" The guy walked forward to the girl at Cheng Qi's back.

" Watch it!" Cheng Qi grabbed the guys hand when he attempted to touch the girl behind him.

" Hey! Let me go!" The guy pushed him making him stumble and his glasses fell to the ground.

" Ah!" The girl screamed. " I do not know you. I said I love you because you're my fan. That's all. Stay away or I'll call the police now."

Cheng Qi stood in front of the guy when he attempted to move closer and held his phone up.

"I've dialled the police number. Take one step closer and I'll call them. Scram!"

The guy frowned bit ran off in haste.

"Here's your glasses."

The girl handed him the glasses and took a good look at her since he hadn't gotten a chance.

" Fu Shiyun? You- What's going on?"

" Please don't tell anyone. Especially my brother."

" What shouldn't I tell your brother?"

She paused and fiddled with her fingers.

" I have an online account where I post different content like singing , dancing...and stuff ." Her voice lowered a bit at "stuff".

" That guy was stalking me. Thank God I found you, brother Cheng."

" Yeah, but shouldn't you have a bodyguard when going out at night?"

" I...snuck out to meet my boyfriend. My family doesn't know I have a boyfriend."

Boyfriend? Ok , he was done with this.

He shifted his glasses," I'm probably the last person to tell your brother anything. So your secret is safe with me."

He and Fu Tuying didn't see eye to eye for some reason. It was unexplainable. When they both hung out with Xi Jinwei together, they could act civilly but when only the both of them, they always seemed distant.

" Mm" She smiled and picked up the things he dropped and handed it over to him.

"See you later."Cheng Qi waved at her and turned to leave.

" Ok, see you. Brother Cheng" She whispered out the words and watched his back as he left.

Wang Linxue who was done freshening up come out in her soft rabbit pajamas.
She left her hair was loose today and it reached just at her shoulders.

Xi Jinwei's faced her as she came out.

" You have really nice hair."

She was speechless for a second and mumbled, " I bet you like long hair."

Like Ling Zhirou's.

" Not necessarily." He shrugged.

In the book, it specifically stated he liked long hair like Ling Zhirou's. How could that have changed?

" Whatever. Go and freshen up now. I'll apply the medicine again after you wash it off."

He went inside for a while and the sound of the shower turned on was in the background. Wang Linxue killed time by doing Xi Jinwei's and hers assignment.

No need to thank her.

He came out dressed in his checkered pyjamas ,his slightly wet and messy hair clung to his forehead.

He had his shirt unbuttoned and laid on the bed. Wang Linxue took the ointiment and looked at the spots that were purplish on his abdomen.

'Such fine physique for a guy.' She thought.

' Don't get any ideas here'. Ping spoke in the background a bit quietly.

' I won't!'

She applied the ointiment as gently as she could with her head down. The ointiment felt cool at her fingertips and his aromatic fragrance tickled her nose as she breathed it in more.

'Wow, he smells really good. I'm a pervert for sure.' Wang Linxue mentally slapped herself.

When she was done, she bandaged his torso neatly and went to his face next .

She applied the ointiment on his jaw as gently as she could and avoided looking into his eyes. Her eyes landed on his plump lips that was red and inviting.

She swallowed thickly taking her eyes off it. Her memories where taken back to months ago when he attempted to kiss her right her on this bed.

She pushed him away before he could go on and ran from his room in shock. She had no idea he had such feelings towards her then.

It was the reason for their fall out and why she didn't want to speak to him. They had patched up today at school but the memories ran fresh in her head.

" Do you always wear this necklace?" He asked bobbing his head at her opal necklace.

" Huh?" Her mind was somewhere else but then answered as she smeared the ointiment on his forehead," Yeah, it's a special gift from someone."

"So you like opal?"

" Sure." She dismissed and closed the lid of the cream.

When she was done, he laid on the bed and closed his eyes. After a while of making sure he was asleep, Wang Linxue wanted to reach over across him to turn of his night lamp.

However, just as she did so he pulled her to him . Even though he was ' asleep' his strength was great.

Wang Linxue had no time to react and was pulled into his embrace. She fell on top of him and he groaned in pain.

He still hugged her with his eyes closed. She tried to get up but his grip was strong and couldn't manoeuvre her way out. About to scream, he mumbled ' Weizhe' with a frown.

' So he was dreaming of his dog? Where was that damn dog when you needed it! He should be here cuddling his owner, not me.' She stopped struggling and pulled the quilt up. Not wanting to wake him up she slept in a more comfortable position, shutting her eyes for a bit.

When his grip loosened, she would go back to her room. But soon after, she fell asleep as well.

Xi Jinwei who was still awake opened his eyes when her breathing steadied, becoming even. He turned to her direction and swept her hair back to reveal her pretty face.

" Linxue?" He whispered cautiously.

Seeing that she was fast asleep, he bent closer to kiss her forehead gently and she mumbled sleepily her lashes fluttering while his heart thumped with heavy beats.

He didn't know when he fell for her or how. But one day, he just saw her smiling at him while saying something he couldn't recall and remembered staring at her in a daze.

He wanted her to smile at him like that for as long as she could. To get angry at him , to cry for him and show concern like she always did when something bad happened to him.

He remembered when she visited him at the hospital when he was poisoned. She cried for him saying she had forgotten to warn him about it and even stayed by his side to care for him when he needed help.

But he knew there was no way she could have known he would be poisoned.

Maybe it was then, or maybe it was when she saved him from drowning.

He didn't know for sure. All he knew was that he had feelings for his former bully and there was nothing he could do about it.

For now, he was using persuasion to get her so he would not kiss her lips without permission.

There was something stopping her from giving her heart to him and he wanted to find out what it was and perhaps get rid of it if he could.

He knew it was selfish of him to do this but if he was sure if he did not become scheming in getting what he wanted, then he wouldn't have her.

I hope I gave a glimpse of what Xi Jinwei feels for her and why he's doing these things. Anyways, next chapter next week. Bye!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32K 345 86
Why The Big Villain Hasn't Run Away Yan Luqing was reading a heart-abuse novel of the year when she was on the plane. Among them, the most popular is...
1.3M 58.4K 130
As the only girl born in the four generations of the Mo family - a prestigious and powerful family in Hua Xia - Mo Liu Gui has been adored since the...
1.9M 52K 200
Si Mi had been foolish in her past life. She aborted the child she had with her husband just so she could return to her first boyfriend, Fu Xing. Yet...
647K 36.3K 56
Its journey of two opposite personalities. Will they fall in love or become enemies... Let's see.... *I don't own any characters. This story is pure...