Growing up Socially Awkward

By ElizabethASwrites

Keeley has had issues talking to people since the sixth grade. Now a high school senior, Keeley will have to... More

Ch. One - Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Ch. Two - Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Ch. Three - Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Ch. Four - Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Ch. Six - Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23
Part 24
Part 25
Ch. Seven - Part 26
Part 27
Part 28
Ch. Eight - Part 29
Part 30

Ch. Five - Part 19

6 0 0
By ElizabethASwrites

That evening when Keeley got home from school, she rushed to her room. She melted into her desk chair and flipped her laptop open, her college essay on a google doc. Frozen in thought, she sat like that for nearly an hour, reading over what she had in her essay so far multiple times. Her hands rested on her keyboard lightly, not quite pressing any keys. She clicked the 'return' key and then the 'tab' key to start a new paragraph.

"Sometimes people pity me. They always feel the need to be my solution, to bring me out of my shell. This happened again recently. Another person looked at me and saw a project. But her attempt to 'help me' caused her pain. She lost friends. Unlike most times when this happened to me, I cared about her, her pain caused me pain, and I couldn't bare it. So I pushed her away for her own sake. It will hurt for a little while, but ill fade into the loneliness, and she will find her way back into the group she should be in. Letting go can be difficult, but I have gotten used to letting people go. People are only temporary."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.7K 2.6K 15
الكاتبه : رند السبيعي✍🏼 روايتي الاولى أتمنى تعجبكم واستمتعو...
47.1K 3.1K 26
|ongoing| Ivana grew up alone. She was alone since the day she was born and she was sure she would also die alone. Without anyone by her side she str...
90K 323 13
As the title says
171K 1K 34
spoiler "Berani main-main sama gue iya? Gimana kalau gue ajak lo main bareng diranjang, hm? " ucap kilian sambil menujukan smirk nya. Sontak hal ter...