The Indifference of a Man For...

بواسطة B_Zahin27

BOOK 1 OF THE ROMANO SERIES. Dahlia and Marcos have known each other from a young age, with their parents bei... المزيد

The Indifference of a Man Forgotten
Chapter 1- An Unrequited Love
Chapter 2- Long Distance Promises
Chapter 3- Nothing Lasts Forever
Chapter 4- The Forgotten People
Chapter 5- A Willing Risk
Chapter 6- The Highschool Reunion
Chapter 7- Dreams & Reality
Chapter 8- The Love of your Life
Chapter 9- Easier Said than Done
Chapter 10- To be Forgotten
Chapter 11- Blurry Lines
Chapter 12- The Girl in the Background
Chapter 13- To Woo a Woman
Chapter 14- Thinking of You
Chapter 15- Changing Minds
Chapter 16- To Notice the Forgotten
Chapter 17- Uninvited Situations
Chapter 18- Mother of Mine
Chapter 19- First Love
Chapter 20- Making History
Chapter 21- The Girl on Ice
Chapter 22- The Beginning of the End
Chapter 23- Regrets
Chapter 24- Fall from Grace
Chapter 25- Rock Bottom
Chapter 26- Tears to Shed
Chapter 27-Patience & Time
Chapter 28- Without A Trace
Chapter 29- Dreams of the Living
Chapter 30- Letters from Heaven
Chapter 31- The Peaceful Moments
Chapter 32- The Promises We Make
Chapter 33- Home is You
Chapter 34- Say Yes
Chapter 35- A Fairytale Dream
Chapter 37- Friendly Rivals
Chapter 38- Setting Things Right
Chapter 39- The Last Interview
Chapter 40- The Brightest Future
EPILOGUE
BONUS CHAPTER #1
BONUS CHAPTER #2

Chapter 36- The Next Step

582 19 0
بواسطة B_Zahin27

--Marcos POV--

"I can't believe you gave me work to do, and then when I was finished with it, you weren't even there to take it." Lucian complained as he stood beside me, a glass of champagne in his hand as we both looked in the distance to where my wife was dancing on stage with the kids that she claimed to be her friends.

"Let's be honest, it wasn't even you that did most of the work, so what are you complaining about?" I scoffed, taking a sip of my own beverage.

"Guess I'm still salty that you went and got married without me being there. I was supposed to be your groomsman," He glared.

"I didn't have any groomsmen, it's a small wedding. Don't worry, when it's your turn, I'll be your groomsman," I rolled my eyes as I spoke.

"No, you don't get to be my groomsman after betraying me like this. Besides, let's not talk about me getting married; The thought terrifies me."

"Why? Marriage is beautiful." I smiled, waving to my wife who caught my gaze as she grinned, waving back before continuing to dance with the little people around her. I can't wait for the honeymoon, already knowing that I won't be able to keep my hands to myself.

"Careful now. You don't want to jinx yourself," He mumbled.

"I can't wait to see you fall in love with someone someday." I laughed into my glass as I sipped my champagne, entertained, to say the least.

"Stop it, it's not funny," He glared, faking a shiver as he thought about something, no doubt that mother of his that's trying to get him married. "I'm too scared to even go home because she'll be there with another prospective wife... Who says money solves all problems, that person has clearly never met my mother."

"She doesn't want you to be alone. Most parents worry like that for their kids, mine was the same, but look at her now." I gestured to my mother who was dancing with my father on the stage, a satisfied grin on her face.

"The most influential man alive. And I'm scared of my mother," He scoffed.

"All good children are," I patted his shoulder.

"Maybe I should just marry Julia? But I won't be able to sleep with her, so that means I won't give my mother a grandchild, and then that would be a whole other story," He sighed, running a frustrated hand through his hair. "If only I could just bump into my dream person on the streets, life would be so much easier," I was almost starting to feel sorry for this man.

He was handsome, rich, and influential, the perfect bachelor that people were always talking about. Little did those people know that he's got a screw loose.

"Putting your marriage troubles aside, did you do the work I told you to?" I changed the topic.

"Yeah, I had to get some help from that loser, Leandro Gonzalez, but I found who you were looking for. I'll send the details to your email," He released a long sigh.

"Leandro Gonzalez... You mean-"

"Yes. I don't want to admit it, but yes. That weirdo that's dressed in black from head-to-toe 24/7, it's almost terrifying how no one's ever seen him in anything but black. If there's any man on this planet that's got a 0% chance of getting married, it's him." He firmly said.

Leandro Gonzalez was an infamous man. Both famous yet a secret from this world, the very name got the law going into a frenzy. Being the King of the underworld, no one remained his enemy for long since they were quietly executed. It's clear that he's carried out a number of illegal activities, but no one ever succeeded in arresting him for one sole reason; There was never any evidence, he carried out the perfect crimes and didn't leave a single trace behind.

And that man just helped me find Sophia Accardi, my wife's biological mother. Now, the next step on the plan was ready.

"Great, thanks for the help, Lucian." Putting my glass down, I went over to the stage, taking the mic as I called for everyone's attention.

"I think it's time to end this party. I have a honeymoon to get to." I smirked as everyone started either laughing, cheering, or threatening me to not hurt their daughter.

And so, as Dahlia and I stood at the docks where my private yacht was waiting for us, having arrived just a few minutes ago, she turned her back to the crowd to get ready to throw her bouquet. And unlike the usual bouquet toss which was aimed at the unmarried women, everyone that attended the wedding was stood there, for comedic purposes, of course.

"Aim for me Dahlia! Me!" Lila shouted as she jumped around the front of the crowd.

"No, aim for me! I'm at a marriageable age!" Isaac jumped around next to her.

"Get ready!" She laughed, counting to three until throwing it back, quickly spinning around to see who it went to, and I looked with her, laughing as it flew right passed a jumping Isaac and Lila, right to the back of the crowd, and into Lucian's surprised hands.

Holding the bouquet in his hands, he went from looking at it in surprise to glaring at it, picking his head up to see if I saw what just happened.

"I guess marriage is just meant for you," I shrugged, laughing, to which he scoffed.

"Get on that yacht and swim away before I start chasing you," He came forward, ignoring all the fake 'Congratulations' to pause in front of me.

"Right, whatever you say. Goodbye," Laughing at him, I took my wife's hand as I led her onto the yacht, and we went to the railing to wave goodbye to everyone as we left the dock, preparing to head to my private villa in Amalfi Coast where we'd stay for the rest of the week before heading back home to Rome.

"Bye! Have fun! Don't worry about any of your stuff, I'll keep it safe!" Isaac shouted.

"He's definitely going to scourge through my things to see if I got him any souvenirs," The smile slipped off her face as she glared into the distance where they could no longer be seen.

"Not that he'll need it since he's here now," I replied as she sighed, turning away to head inside, and I went to follow her, shutting the bedroom door behind me as she took the veil off her hair, draping it over the couch in the corner of the room before going to sit at the vanity table, and I refused to take my eyes off her as I took my blazer and bowtie off before moving to take the cufflinks off, and ruffled my hair out of the neat style it had been in.

"Can you help me out of this dress? I want to get into something more comfortable," I walked up to stand behind her as she sat at the vanity table, taking her jewellery off, sparing me a smile through her reflection in the mirror before moving onto her hair.

Not being able to help myself, I leaned down, placing a deep kiss on her back as she jumped, surprised, but didn't say anything as my hands went to undo the strings that held her dress up.

"Have I told you how beautiful you look today?" Giving up with all the strings for a moment, I went to sit down beside her, but faced the opposite direction as my lips found her shoulder to pepper with kisses.

"Yes, quite a few times, in fact,"

"But still, I'm telling you again, and I'm going to keep telling you for the rest of our lives. You look beautiful, and I love you."

"I love you too." Hands falling to rest beside her as she took the last of the pins out of her hair, she turned her head to look at me, the smile refusing to leave her lips, just as I loved it, and with a light blush staining her cheeks as her eyes sparkled with marital bliss, she leaned down to kiss me, and of course, I kissed back without a moment's hesitation.

Holding her cheeks in my hands, my lips moved in soft movements against hers until one of my hands moved to finish undoing the strings on the back of her dress.

Pulling her over the seat until she was sat on my lap, my eyes smirked at her while my fingers fiddled with the sleeves of her dress, pulling it down as the dress began to slip, but before it had the chance to fall even further down, she quickly caught the bodice.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing," She blushed, looking away from me.

"It's our wedding night, dear wife of mine," I kissed her temple.

"I know."

"And do you know what newlyweds usually do on their wedding night?" I hummed.

"I'm not stupid," She snapped her head around to glare at me.

"I never said you were," I raised my hands in surrender as she continued to glare at me.

"You were insinuating that I was... I know what sex is, I've done it before with you already, but still... I don't want to be the only one undressed," She mumbled out, making me realise that it was possible for her blush to deepen more than it already was.

"Right, that's my bad. I should have considered how shy of a person my wife is," Laughing, I stood up with her in my arms as I strode through the room to place her on the edge of the bed, standing up as she looked up at me, confused.

And silently, I unbuttoned my shirt as she jumped, surprised, quickly looking away as I continued to take the shirt off, throwing it to the side as I knelt down in front of her, waiting for her to turn her head back to look at me, and when she did, I took her hand, kissing the wedding and engagement ring that rested on her finger.

"You're my woman. Don't let anyone other than me see you like this, ever. Okay?" I was lucky to be loved by this woman, but I'm aware of what kind of men infest this planet, and if any one of them get a glance of this side of her, then I'm doomed.

"Why would I let that happen?" She sighed, running her hands down her face.

"Good. Because, as you might already know, I can get very jealous." And without another word, I pulled the skirt of her dress up as she released a little, surprised squeak

"I'm more undressed than you right now, darling. There's no need to be shy." I chuckled, putting her feet on my bended knee as I undid the bow that was tied on the back of her shoe, before taking the shoe off and throwing it to the side, and moving onto the next shoe.

"I'm not shy." She shyly said.

"Of course. I've seen this beautiful body of yours before, it's nothing new, yet somehow, it feels more exciting than any other time. Oh, and don't forget-" I stood up, sitting down on the bed as I pulled her over to straddle me, resting one of her hands on my chest.

"Just as your body is mine. Mine is yours,"

"I already know that," And wrapping her arms around my neck, she leaned in to kiss me as I helped her out of her dress, pulling her closer to me as all that separated her from me now were her white, lace undergarments, and the garter around her thigh.

"I didn't know you were wearing a garter," I smirked, fiddling with the material.

"Well, now you do." 

Laughing, I flipped us over so that she lay under me, and taking the rest of my clothes off, I pulled her legs up to wrap around my lower waist as I kissed my way down her lips, to her throat, and when I got to her breasts, my arms wove around her back to undo her bra as she squeaked, but didn't stop me as I continued with my loving actions.

"I love you." I whispered against her stomach as she writhed under me, and as my kisses went lower, my fingers tugged at her underwear as I threw them off her, and biting the garter, I pulled that off in one movement, smirking up at her from my current position as she blushed bright enough to light up the room.

"Don't look at me." She whispered, covering her face as I laughed.

"But you're so pretty,"

"And stop doing that." She wiggled under me as I held her in place, kissing her in ways that I regret not having done before.

"What am I doing?" I asked.

"Speaking while... doing... that..." She gasped, clenching the bedsheets as she writhed under me in the most delectable way. I could practically feel the fireworks exploding between us.

"Don't you like it? Your body seems to like it?" She shivered as I chuckled, sending another wave of pleasure through her body as she turned her body over, trying to crawl away as I sat up, kneeling between her legs, and pulling her back down to me as she panted, glaring at me.

"You play dirty." She mumbled.

"I'm just pleasuring my wife." I licked my lips, leaning over to brush her hair out of her face to kiss her forehead before going to kiss her lips as she wove her arms around my neck, pulling me closer as my hands trailed all over her body, loving how it heated up under my touch.

"And I don't plan on stopping for the rest of the night. I've been holding back from the moment I first saw you today, you can't blame me for being insatiable." Pulling away from the kiss, her hands rested on my cheeks as she stared at me.

"Fine. I'll let you off for today. Just today."

The rest of what happened throughout the rest of the week is self-explanatory.

...

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

3.7K 111 6
TRIGGER WARNING ⚠️ ⛔️!! MATURE AUDIENCE ONLY 18+!!! After three, long months in Puerto Rico, Katarina is ready to go back to the city that never sle...
2.7M 61.5K 47
*UNDER MAJOR EDITING* Book #1 of The Mafia Leaders Series Jules Salvatore knows what it means to be afraid. To run from trauma and pain. And she neve...
2.2M 41.2K 25
How far would you go to protect the ones you love? A successful architect with a promising career in London, Brian's world spins out of control when...
347 25 21
Mandy was always one to falsely romanticize her life. She found her first love at a young age in her Martial Arts class, and wrote a love letter to h...