Kamisama Hajimemashita/Kiss:...

By Xarazechi

We all know the story on How Nanami and Tomoe fell in love. But what if the scripts was flip, and Nanami was... More

Kamisama Hajimemashita/Kiss: NCGtBaLG Chapter 1
Kamisama Hajimemashita/Kiss: NCGtBaLG Chapter 3
Kamisama Hajimemashita/Kiss: NCGtBaLG Chapter 4
Kamisama Hajimemashita/Kiss: NCGtBaLG Chapter 5

Kamisama Hajimemashita/Kiss: NCGtBaLG Chapter 2

19 0 0
By Xarazechi

Hello everyone and welcome to the next chapter of Kamisama Hajimemashita/Kiss: Nanami's Cultivating Guide to Becoming a Land Goddess. With me again is my friend and co-writer, Darklord333.

Dark: Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh!

What now...?

Dark: SOMEONE SPENT 2 MILLION DOLLARS ON OUR ACCOUNT! WE'RE CLOSE TO BANKRUPTCY!

(Groan) How did you screw up this time...?

Dark: Why are you blaming me? I just checked our tax records when Beelzebub took a look at the taxes, when I did somebody was paying a high expensive amount of DVD players of Kamisama Hajimemashita/Kiss!

(There was snickering)

I think I found who... (Pulls and Sun falls out of nowhere).

Dark: SUN WUKONG!!!!!

I take it you pissed him off somehow... And he took it out on both of us to get to you...

Dark: (SNORT!) Excuse me for a moment, Light, you take over while I enact divine punishment on this damn monkey and it's not going to be very pleasant.

Sun: "Uh, you can't. Because I'm here to do the disclaimer~ Also, Light, (Tosses him a bag of gold) for taking your money. Don't give it to the Edge Lord over there~"

Dark: GET BACK HERE YOU DAMN MONKEY!

He does have a point... Your name is very Edgy... Did you go through a Chūnibyō faze or something...?

Dark: I didn't choose the name I was born with, idiot, just go with the disclaimer.

Sun: (Apperars upside down between the two) "Both Light and the Edge Lord don't open Kamisama Hajimemashita/Kiss, or any other media that's added. They only own their ideas/changes for the story and OCs if they add some in."

Dark: Alright, now that's done. (He pulls out a deadly weapon that Sun Wukong sweats in nervousness and fear) COME HERE YOU DAMN MONKEY!

Sun: "WAAAAAAHHH! I KNOW I CAN'T DIE, BUT I DON'T WANT TO GET HURT THAT DAMN THING!"

Dark: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! THAT'S RIGHT! RUN AWAY MONKEY! JUST WAIT UNTIL I CARVE MY SWORD INTO YOU'RE (BEEEEEEEP) AND WHEN I'M FINISHED WITH IT I'M GONNA (BEEEEP)-

The following message has been censored due to the extreme foul language. Please advise to not remember this incident. In the meantime, Light, can you please start the chapter?

(Sigh) Why do I work with Dark again...? While I deal with these two knuckleheads enjoy the-

Sun: "Hey! Watch the tail buddy!"

Because Joy has recommended you to Dark cause he's busy with managing Izuku's green cloud restaurant.

... Riiiiiight... Just get on with the story...

______________________________________________________________________________

Chapter 2: Cultivating Tip 2: School, Tengu and Mayhem. Oh my.

(Next Day)

It was another sunny day. Nanami had started to wake up thanks to the sun. She then sat up, smiling like she had a bizarre dream, thinking the last two days were just that.... again... "Talk about a weird dream! My dad had ran away and the house got seized, so I didn't have anywhere to live until these two guys and a woman greeted me, one of them giving up his own home to me and another gave me a book of cultivations, but when I got to the home, it was a rundown shrine with little ghost in it who told me I was a land god, which made me all like, "What the heck!?", and this obnoxious guy with ears named Tomoe or whatever wouldn't stop saying the whole thing was unacceptable. And not only that, a goddess from Asian pantion, Parvati, and a high ranking demon from the bible, Beelzebub, also came to help me cultivate my new goddess status to transform into one from a mortal! But then I kissed this Tomoe, so he became my familiar. And now Parvati and Beelzubub are helping me evolve into an actual Shinto Land Goddess! Hahaha! How funny!"

Just then she saw both Onikiri and Kotetsu in front of her again, bowing. As well as the same box from yesterday appearing in front of her.

[You have slept in a futon,

Your HP and MP have been restored.

All Status effects have been nullified.]

She then heard the giggles of Parvati. "Guess you're still not over the craziness then, love~ Serious Deja vu, huh~?" she teased the girl, as she was floating in the air.

"Uh... yeah... But uh... where am I?" Nanami asked, looking confused.

"My lady, we are in the inner shrine," Onikiri reminded.

"Also known as your room, Lady Nanami," Kotetsu added

"But it looks different than it did yesterday," Nanmami stated, seeing lights, a screen, drawers and wardrobe, a rug, a table to sit at, and an old looking TV, not to mention a fancy Futon divider she was in. "I could have sworn it was a lot more... not this nice."

"Yes, in order to make your environment more livable," Onikiri stated.

"Master Tomoe, with some help from Lord Beelzebub, readied all these things for you!" Kotetsu finished.

"Tomoe and Beelzebub did?" Nanami asked, looking surprised. "Why, though?"

"You successfully made Master Tomoeyour familiar yesterday," Onikiri informed her, "remember?"

"It is the duty of the familiar to look after the god," Kotetsu added to the explanation.

"Lord Beelzebub helped by getting the items for you as well so Master Tomoe could set them up," Onikiri added.

"So you could live comfortably around here," Kotetsu finished.

"And 3... 2... 1..." Parvati counted down quietly to Nanami's freak out.

"Crap, that's right!" Nanami shouted, her face flushing from the memory. "The whole thing wasn't a dream, after all. I forced a kiss on Tomoe's mouth with my mouth!" She was then forcefully calmed down by [Gamer's Mind] that helped her focus again. She then realized something and asked the two Will-o-wisps, "So, where is Tomoe?"

"The fox never left your side," came the voice of Beelzebub right next to her. She looks and sees him pointing his thumb to where he is. "The fox has been in a gloomy state all night."

Nanami saw this and grimaced to see the look of Tomoe. 'Right... I forced him to become my familiar...'

Just then they saw an aura of some kind rolling off him. The others were ready for if he attacked Nanami in anger, but then he turned and looked at Nanami with the brightest of smiles. "Well, good morning, Nanami~"

Parvati did an anime face-plant at the 180 turn of the mood of Tomoe while Beelzebub looked gloomy but had a small mocking smile on his face. Nanani just looked confused.

"Your bedchamber was in a state of neglect, so I took the liberty of seeing to your accommodations while you slept. I have prepared everything I could imagine. The fly was of some help in getting the items I needed, but not by much if you ask me."

Beelzebub's eyebrows twitched after hearing that. "And who was it that was allowed to go outside of the shrine instead of being confined in this corner for the past night?"

Tomoe just ignored him and looked at Nanami. "Though it was against my will, starting today, I am your familiar. I, Tomoe, shall obey your every order without hesitation, regardless of what they may be. If you are in need of anything in the future, I humbly ask that you comed directly to me with those needs."

"I'm surprised," Nanami stated.

"So am I," Parvati agreed.

Nanami walked over and kneeled with him, a smile on her face. "I thought you'd be angrier about being turned into a familiar."

"Did you?" Tomoe asked.

"Yeah, I did but I'm relieved to see you don't seem mad at all," Nanami said with relief.

"I think mad is far to tepid," Tomoe stated, getting Parvati and Beelzebub's attention and making Nanami look at him in confusion. "I am seething." Just then Tomoe had that aura again, an arua a seething rage for Nanami. "Seething with pure rage!" Naname scooted back a bit from his rage. "The humiliation of me having to serve a little girl like you! Don't get me started on this fu-(BEEP)!(BEEP)!(BEEP)!(BEEP)!" Beelzebub managed to cover Nanami's ears, preventing her from hearing foul language, making the will-o-wisps step back in fear and Parvati scrunched her face in discomfort. (A/N 1) "I haven't had a decent sleep cause this wretchedness of it kept me from sleeping at all last night!"

BAM!

He was promptly hit over the head by the goddess. "LANGUAGE AND BEHAVE!" She barked/ordered the fox.

Tomoe coughed and acted like that didn't happen. "But it cannot be helped. As it has come to this, I will have you becoming a living god worthy of me."

Beelzebub retracted his hands from Nanami's ear, just enough to hear about Tomoe on becoming a worthy God. "Huh?"

BAM!

"Ahh!"

Tomoe was hit by the side, causing him to crash at the nearby wall when Beelzebub instantly took his spot while sitting on his knees. "What the fox properly meant by is it's time for you to learn about your divinity."

Tomoe the drop-kicked Beelzebub to the face, sending him flying. "Let me explain you damn bug!" He then coughed and looked at Nanami. "A god's power is called divine power. You desperately need to increase the level of your power. The quickest and easiest way for this level increase to happen-"

He was thrown out of the room by Beelzebub, interrupting him again. "By gaining the mortals faith. It is one of the crucial power sources all Gods deprive from. Many gods are different on their domain, depending on what the mortals pray on. There are three types of God that mostly categorize their status, one is the land god, two is the sky god and three is the underworld god-"

Beelzebub was sent flying again by an uppercut by Tomoe, sending him flying through the sky. He then dusted his hand off and turned back to Nanami. "As I was saying, the quickest and easiest way for this level increase to happen would be to hear people's prayers and then do what you can to grant their wishes."

"Grant them, but how?" Nanami asked.

"For example, we can look at Mi-" Tomoe started to explain.

Beelzebub landed on his head; both of his feet planted his head to the ground. "His domain is marriage. As a God of Marriage, he has granted tons of marriage matches, causing his domain to bind fates, as goes as they say in the wedding till death do us apart."

"GET OFF ME!" Tomoe roared, throwing Beelzebub off him and off the mountain.

Parvati sighs. "Boys... at this rate, we'll be here all week if you two keep fighting..." she groaned at the two.

"HE STARTED IT!" Tomoe shouted, pointing at Beelzebub.

"The correct term is, you were going to deceive Nanami with very little knowledge of your compared to the ones who are experts in divinity." Beelzebub calmly retorted back at Tomoe.

"Like yours was any better, and also, Mikage is Matchmaking, not Marriage," Tomoe corrected the lord of flies.

"Same difference. It all leads to one and another."

"No, it is not!" Tomoe shouted. "They are two completely different things!"

"WOULD YOU TWO SHUT UP?!"

"But he-" both started, pointing at one another, sparks flying between the two.

Parvati grabbed the two by the head, and clonked their heads together. Tomoe grabbed his head in pain from the action while Beelzebub was unaffected, but he did have a goose egg on his head.

"Get back to the lesson you idiots," she ordered the two knuckleheads.

"Fine," Tomoe said. He then turned back to Nanami. "Now, let us see how great your divine powers are." There then was a small wooden tub of water placed in front of her. "Try turning this water into saki."

Beelzebub gave a flat look. "... Did you steal that idea from my faction, just with saki instead of wine, or...?"

"Just ignore them and do what you did before last time." Parvati advised Nanami while sitting down on her knees.

"Yes," Tomoe agreed. "Use a white talisman, if you wish."

Nanami nodded, and was going to. "I just got the skill last night and was leveled up to level two."

[White Talisman Proficiency

LV 2

54.25% till next level

The art of using the white talisman to create seals or make spells has been around in the Shinto religion for eons. With you as a Land Goddess in training, you can make them do incredible things. The more MP and God energy you put in, the more potent the effects will be.]

Nanami took a deep breath and focused, she focused on putting her energy, both mana and godly, into the talisman. She was pinged for a notification, but ignored it for now. "I can do this... I will prove I have what it takes..." She then wrote down the kanji for sake on it, and placed the talisman in the water. "There, I should have turned it."

Kotetsu held a wooden ladle to Beelzebub. "Lord Beelzebub, would you like to try it with me?"

"I will." Beelzebub said to Kotetsu while placing the wooden ladle, filling it with water before taking a sip of the water. "Hmmmmmm, this water tastes like...... a combination of both western and a bit of eastern taste." Beelzebub complimented while tasting the water.

Kotetsu took a sip as well. "Oh my, this taste is most enjoyable. A mixture of two cultures."

"But does it taste like sake-AMPH!?" Tomoe asked the two in a deadpan before Beelzebub forcefully placed the wooden ladle on Tomoe's mouth before retreating it. Tomoe blinked a few times at the flavor. "... Oh my... This does taste like Sake, but... different somehow... Still a bit waterlogged though. Didn't fully transform it thoroughly. Just means you're not truly hopeless..."

Nanami cheered, and saw her skill go up to level three and two new skills.

[A new skill has been created through a special action.

The skill [Energy Combining] has been created.]

[Energy Combining

LV 1

65.23% till next level

You are able to combine two different energies to create new ways of talisman spells and your own magic. Be warned, some energies take longer to combine and need concentration, otherwise they might blow up in your face, literally. The higher level this skill, the better chances you will get and increase your chances.

Chances of combining two different energies: 50%

Chances of combining three different energies: 25%

Chances of combining four different energies: 10%

Chances of combining five or higher different energies: 1%]

[A new skill has been created through a special action.

The skill [Meditation] has been created.]

[Meditation

LV 1

25.35% till next level

The art of meditation is to help calm the mind and relax the body. You can also regenerate energy as well, to charge up your MP, Godly, ect.

MP Recovery: 5MP per minute

Godly Energy Recovery: 5GE per minute]

[White Talisman Proficiency has leveled up]

"Now that you have a common interest and concept of your divine power, let me tell you more of your talisman ability." Beelzebub said to Nanami as she paid full attention to him. He puts up two fingers, making it a peace sign. "One is a blessing and the other is a curse. Just because you are a goddess of marriage-"

"MATCHMAKING!" Tomoe shouted at him.

"-doesn't mean you are limited to one sort of divine." Beelzebub ignored Tomoe. "As you have the power to read people's hearts." He puts in a serious expression that almost scares Nanami a bit. "There are those who have dark hidden intentions inside of their soul. They may look harmless or peaceful but as a God, we have the ability to discern the difference between truth or lie. It is a Gods' duty to punish the wicked, the sins they have caused are redeemable...... or irredeemable."

"I...... I see." Nanami softly said while lowering her head, looking at her hands with some conflicted emotions running through her mind. "How can I be so certain of who could be redeemed? I don't want to accidentally kill someone."

"There will come a time where you will have to make the hardest decision, Nanami." Beelzebub said to her. "You will have no choice, for it is a Gods' duty in order to smite the wicked into ashes. It was the other duty Mikage, your predecessor, had done before he gave his position to you."

Parvati then smacked the Lord of Flies head, but he caught her hand. "Stop it! You're scaring the poor girl!"

"Then tell me Parvati." Beelzebub then looked at her with red eyes glowing. "What choice would she make if she ever wants to survive in this world where beings can crush you with just but a snap of their finger-" He was slapped again.

"You devils always see the bad, you pessimist..." she said, with a sigh. "Always looking at tube negati-"

BAM!

"ARGH!"

"Parvati!" Nanami shouted at the hindu goddess when an instant she was on the ground with Beelzebub holding her on the ground.

"Stop trying to deny it, Parvati. You aren't innocent as you claim to be isn't it.......... Kali?"

"Don't...... call me......... that name........."

"Just because your husband changed your nature, doesn't mean you're not the sam-" He was hit over the head with a bamboo sword by Nanami; however, it was destroyed the moment it contacted his head. "One quick lesson, mortal weapons aren't effective against a divine being."

"Will you stop that!" Nanami scolded the fly. "I get that you're trying to prove a point! But you should not force others to see only your way! Parvati and Tomoe are here to teach me as well, and they have their own opinions! SO SUCK IT UP AND STOP ACTING LIKE A BABY YOU USELESS FL-EEP!"

She was startled when Beelzebub appeared before her, with his finger pointed at her forehead, all of a sudden, her brave bravado went all away. Beelzebub spoke in an ominous tone that scared her, "One touch, one simple tap and you'll be gone in an instant. I'm not simply forcing my opinion on you, I'm just stating that there is more to this world than it being always what kids imagine it to be, a fairy tale. I'm being realistic."

BAM!

A flash of fire appeared over his figure, almost as if trying to scorch him alive. Courtesy of Tomoe who was the one who conjured the flames. He lowered his hand as the fire still cackled but kept a stoic expression even when Beelzebub was behind him, looking unscratched. "I would very much like it if you didn't bully or threaten my master, you bug."

"Hooo? Is the loyal mutt trying to gain some backbone? I hope you know I-" he was cut off when Tomoe placed five dozen white talismans with the kanji for 'weaken', though all it did was only make the talisman smoke before turning it into ashes. "Was that the best you can do...?"

Tomoe eyebrow twitched. "Don't be so high and mighty, you had weakened an eighth of your power from those seals. I just need to place more on you, demon."

"Do you mean these?" Beelzebub lifted other Talisman, causing Tomoe to blanch in surprise.

"What?! How did you-!?"

"You forget who I am, Yokai." Beelzebub ominously said to Tomoe before he started walking away from the group. "You can take over then, Tomoe, like you said about the girl. She won't survive in this world if she refuses to believe the reality of this world." He stopped for a moment before he looked over Nanami before saying something that really hurt her. "Perhaps one of the reasons why her father left her was because he was sick of her behavior." He said before disappearing in a swarm of flies.

"... He's a right ass at times..." Parvati stated, grumbling. "Nanami can be a kind goddess if she wants to be..."

Tomoe looked at Parvati. "Was I like that with Nanami when she showed up...?" he whispered his question to her.

"You were a bit worse," Parvati admitted.

Nanmami sighed. "I don't know what his problem is..." she groaned out, before her eyebrow twitched in anger. "And he dared say that about my dad when he stole from not only me but mom when she was sick...?" She looked at them. "Can... we continue this after I get breakfast...? I need something to take my mind off what happened."

"I think that should be fine," Parvati agreed with Nanami. "'Why don't you begin and try practicing with your divine powers? Like you did with the water." Parvati suggested.

"I guess I can do that," Nanami agreed, nodding her head. Nanami was practicing her talisman' whole having the TV in the room on as background noise. She was trying to focus both her magic energy and God energy, and sometimes just both separately. She was doing well, and gained a few notifications.

[Energy Combining has leveled up] X 5

[White Talisman Proficiency has leveled up] X 4

[Meditation has leveled up] X 5

[Fluid as the wind,

Your Dex has increased by 1] X 3

"I'll need to look at my [Stats] soon," Nanami muttered, seeing that.

"I am here with your meal," Onikiri called out, bringing in a japanese breakfast.

"Oh, thank you, Onikiri," Nanami thanked the spirit.

"I have some for you as well, Lady Parvati," they added, bringing the forren goddess the same thing. "I hope it is to your liking."

"Why thank you dear~" Parvati thanked, smiling at the will-o-wisp.

Nanamio was eating, while watching Tomoe work. She let out a sigh. "... I feel like I'm not doing much..." she said, sounding a bit dejected.

"Oh don't sell yourself short Nanami." Parvati assured her while putting a smile on her face. "He's just doing his part as a familiar which in turn......... YOU MISSED A SPOT!" She shouted at Tomoe while throwing a mace on his head.

BONK!

"OW!" Tomoe shouted while a red comedic bump appeared over his head. "WILL YOU STOP THAT! IF YOU WILL NOT BE A RESPECTFUL GUEST, I WILL THROW YOU OUT! LADY NANAMI DOES NOT NEED BRUTE LIKE YOU TO INFLU-!"

"What did you say about me?" She said while standing up, cracking her knuckles. Showing off her feminine rage.

"..... Nothing." Tomoe said while wisely holding back the narcissistic he was about to retort back at Parvati. He did have a placed smile on his face and an anime tick mark on his head though.

Nanami let out another tired sigh. She then heard a news report on the TV. "Famous pop star Kurama has shockingly, amazingly, incredibly reportedly transferred here, to Ujigarmi High School, where I'm hoping to get his auto-"

"Ujigarmi High School. But that's where I go." Nanami muttered. This got the attention of both Onikiri, Kotetsu and Parvati.

"Who is this Karamas person, Lady Nanami?" Onikiri asked.

"And what in the world is a famous pop star?" Kotetsu added to the questioning.

"Sounds like an idol or something..." Parvati muttered.

Nanami was now excited, the news finally sinking in. "Get out! Kurama is gonna go to my school!?" Nanami then got dressed in her school uniform, ready to go to school, and happiness rolled off her. Onikiri and Kotetsu tried to stop her while Parvati walked next to her.

"Please wait, Lady Nanami!" Onikiri begged.

"Where are you going so suddenly?" Kotetsu asked.

"Uh... I think it's obvious..." Parvati stated dryly to the two spirits. "She's going to school."

"Let go, you guys!" Nanami ordered. "I forgot I had a proficiency test today, so I have to go to go to school right this moment-"

"Unfortunately, you can't. Not today." Tomoe informed Nanami, stopping her from heading to the door.

"And why can't she fox?" Parvati asked, brandishing a club.

"Because we have an important meeting today."

"With who? I looked and saw we didn't."

"Not the mortals. But someone special. I received a message from a bird familiar, it told me that the princess of the swamp will be arriving here in Mikage shrine." Tomoe informed them.

"... Uh... I think you're skipping a chapter/episode ahead pal..." Parvati said in a deadpan, breaking the fourth wall for a second.

"No, you're talking about an episode, not a chapter." Tomoe replied to Parvati before widening his eyes. "Wait, how the (BEEP) do we even know these types of thin-"

Dark looked worried. "Crap! They're onto us Light! Quick, the memory erasure hammer!"

Light gave his partner a deadpan look. "Damn it, you let out too much of the 'Fourth Wall Gag' you moron!" He then fixes the mistake. "And we're going with the anime for this right now after your blunder!"

BONK!

BONK!

Both blinked and shook their heads. "Anyways, I looked at the schedule, and she isn't supposed to be here in four days." She holds up the schedule to him.

"I see, but it's still not enough." Tomoe said to Nanami. "You cannot go to school."

"HHAAA?! Why not you stinky fox?"

Tomoe sighs "If you two must know, there will be yokai after Nanami." He points to her head. "This mark of the Land God signifies you as such. For some reason it has been bestowed upon the forehead of a helpless little girl, as well as your other power." He then had a cold chill run down his spine from the Aura Parvati was giving him.

"What have we said about bullying the girl...?" she asked in a tone a mother would use when scolding a child.

Tomoe coughed in his fist. "Anyways, if you go around with that power showing, you might as well be begging to be eaten alive."

"Then I'll go with her to protect her," Parvati stated. "If you're not busy in the shrine."

"... Have you not seen the color of your skin...? You'd stick out like a sore thumb..." Tomoe stated in a deadpan voice.

BAM!

"Lord Tomoe." Onkiri said to Tomoe as he lay down at the ground with a comedic red bump above his head as stars swirled around above his head. "I think it would be wise to avoid mentioning a woman's skin."

"But he is right..." Nanami had to admit. "Blue skin does tend to stick out..."

"Hmph! You clearly don't know how a woman is when it comes to delicate simple things."

"Woman, can you please just shut up for one minute and look at yourself in the mirro-"

CRACK!

"......... I think I should just shut my mouth." Tomoe said while his back was twisted in the most horrific way possible. He then healed himself.

Nanami was a bit nervous. "I mean no disrespect Parvati, but do you have a charm spell or something to give you at least a tan skin tone?" she asked her fellow goddess. "That way you're a foreign transfer student. Can you at least do that, please?" She then pulled out her secret weapon on the Indian Goddess, the puppy dog eyes.

"Girl, you have to be at least a thousand years old for you to do that trick. You've gotta come up with something else with that." Parvati said to Nanami.

Nanami pouted, and looked sad. "Come on, I want to go to school, and if the only way for me to do so is to have you by my side, can't you do this for me?"

Unfortunately, Parvati shook her head negatively. "I'm sorry Nanami but I'm gonna have to put my foot down on this one. As a major Hindu goddess, it is my duty to attend to my worshippers as well unfortunately."

Nanami looked dejected. Then Tomoe came in with something. "If you really must go that badly, I will allow it." This perked Nanami up, and surprised Parvati. "However, I do have one condition." He held out what looked like a tie up cat/fox eared hood. "You are to wear this hood to hide your forehead, and you are not to take it off."

Parvati looked at it and asked, "Couldn't you have made it one of those scarf mitten ones to make it more appealing...?"

"Do I look like a fashion designer...?" Tomoe asked Parvati in a deadpan.

"Give it here!" She snatched the thing and used her powers to alter it just like she said, and made it cuter for Nanami. "Here you go Nanami~"

"Did you really have to make it like that? That's clearly a sign for enemies to know who and where she is."

Parvati gave him a glare. "Do you think I'm not capable of altering it and keeping the wards on it...?" she asked, cracking her knuckles. "Also, she would have been a laughingstock if she wore that old fashion thing. Even I keep up with modern trends."

"The mortals clearly have no sense of any standard fashion."

"And you are clearly old fashion."

Nanami just sighs. "Can you two not argue about this...?"

Tomoe shifted from Parvati and directed his attention to Nanami. "The point is as long as I can keep an eye on you, then there won't be any dangers in your life, unless you count the cannibalistic witch who wanted to eat your skin."

Nanami gave her a deadpan. "You just had to bring that up..." Nanami just sighs, and puts the hood on. "Wow, this is so soft and comfy~"

"Thank you dear~" Parvati thanked with a beaming smile on her face.

Tomoe huffed. "I was the one who told her to wear it."

"Is that jealousy I hear~?" Parvati teased.

"IT IS NO SUCH THING!" Tomoe shouted.

"I'm off~!" Nanasmi called out.

"Your lunch, Lady Nanami!" The Will-o-wisp presented her with a bento.

"Thank you~" Nanami thanked the two spirits. She took it and started to head off.

"While you're heading to school, check out your [Stats]!" Parvati called out to her.

"Will do~!" Nanami called back.

______________________________________________________________________________

(Roar Ujigarmi High School)

Nanami sighs to herself. "You know... I haven't been to school in a while... thanks to everything that happened..." she muttered to herself. I should check my [Stats]. I did promise Parvati to look at them. [Stats]."

Name: Nanami Momozono

>Title Occupation: The Gamer

LV 5

HP: 162

MP: 195

GE (God Energy): 1755 (INT * WIS * CHA)

Strength: 4 (+5)

Dexterity: 13 (+5)

Intelligence: 5 (+5, +5)

Wisdom: 3 (+5, +5)

Charisma: 4 (+5)

Luck: 4 (+5)

Points: 0

Special Status: Land Goddess in Training (+5 to INT, +5 to WIS), Adopter Daughter of Gaia (+5 to all Stats)

Perks: - Land Goddess in Training

-Adopter Daughter of Gaia

Flaws: -Dirt Poor

"Hmmmmm, seems my stats are pretty good so fa- wait............ WHO THE HELL ARE YOU CALLING DIRT POOR?! I AIN'T POOR!" She clicked on the flaw to see what this was all about.

[Due to finance problems, either from your reckless spending, or outside forces, you have barely any money to get by. A 10% decrease in Cash drops.]

[Note: This Flaw can be lost when you pay off all debts you owe.]

"IT'S NOT MY FAULT THAT I'M STUCK WITH THIS FINANCE PROBLEM!" Nanami shouted. She then slumped her head, anime tears running down her face. "Damn my father and Mikage for making it so I'll lose ten percent of the money I'll gain..." She groaned out. "Why can't I have it easy with money for once...?"

"Hey, do you see what she's wearing?" a girl asked.

"Yeah, that cat hood? It's really cute." another stated.

"Looks comfortable as well with those scarf parts," another added.

[New Perk Created]

[Fashionably Cute]

[People like the way you pull off the cute fashion you wear. Most people can't do that~

+10% Increase to [Reputation Status] with people who like cute things.

-10% Decrease to [Reputation Status] with people who hate cute things.]

"I got a skill from just being cute?"

[Perk, not Skill dear~ There's a difference.]

"Guess I'll need to look up the difference in the guide then..." Nanami mutters with a sweatdrop, not expecting a reply from her powers.

______________________________________________________________________________

(Ujigarmi High School: Class 2-2)

Nanami made it to her class, when she was being laughed at by her classmate, Isobe. "Uhuhuhu~! What's with you Momozono!? You finally come back to school, and you're wearing that?"

"For your information Isobe, I got a lot of compliments on my hay," Nanami started with a huff. "You're one of the few things I didn't miss about school." She then puffed up her chest. "Besides, this thing is comfy~"

'If I had worn it like it was before, I'd have been ashamed,' Nanami thought to herself.

Soon an American man walked into class before stopping at his desk while facing the rest of his students. "Alright everyone settle down settle down. Please take your seats so I can call in for attendance." The English teacher said to the students.

Just then the classroom doors flung open, and smoke came in, surprising everyone. It is revealed to be Kurama, making all the girls swoon at his entrance.

"Mr. Kurama, you are late," the teacher informed. He just ignores the man. "Are you listening!?"

Kurama then looked in the direction of Nanami, and walked over to her.

'Wait, why is he looking at me?' Nanami asked in her head. 'If he is a true fallen angel, can he sense what I am? How, I have the cap.'

He then stopped in front of her, and spoke. "Excuse me, hat head." He then stomped his foot on her deck and looked at her, ordering, "You happen to be in my seat. So move it."

"Mr. Kurama, do not start bullying people," the teacher ordered.

"Uh, no this is my seat..." Nanami stated.

"Who's that girl again?" Nanamik heard one of the girls ask.

"You know, she's the one with the daddy issues," another informed.

"Do we know here?" another asked.

"What's her name."

Nanami's eyebrow started to twitch. If this was the proper timeline... depending on which you watch/read this series... Nanami would be running to the ladies' room, sad. But in this timeline, with [Gamer's Mind] helping her, she turned to her classmates and shouted, "YOU THINK I HAVE DADDY ISSUES!? NO! MY FATHER IS A LOWDOWN CHEAPSKATE THAT STEALS MY MONEY AND USES IT ON GAMBLING! I HAD TO SPEND THE LAST FEW DAYS LOOKING FOR AS NEW HOME BECAUSE OF HIM! SO DON'T THINK I HAVE IT EASY!" She started to storm off to cool down. "Sir, I'm stepping out for a minute to cool off."

"Huh? Wait Momozono!" The English teacher got out of his trance and attempted to stop her but was unsuccessful. He gives the class an unamused look. "For that stunt, all of you have to write a 200-page essay in English on proper manners and behavior."

All the students groaned, but Kurama didn't pay attention, still watching where Nanami left. If he still had paid attention then he would've noticed that a bee was flying inside of the classroom, no one noticed it, they didn't even pay attention to the sound.

Kurama felt something on his cheek, taking a peek to his horror it was a bee that somehow landed on his cheek, he could've sworn its eyes glow green for a bit......... before stinging him on the cheek

"AHHHHH! MY CHEEK! MY BEAUTIFUL MAGNIFICENT GLORIOUS CHEEK!"

"Is that a bee?!"

"Oh my gosh! Run for it!"

"Ahhhh! I don't want to get stung by a bee!"

"Hold still Kurama!"

"WAIT NO THE BEE JUST FLEW AWA-"

WHAM!

The teacher just let out a sigh. "Why did the school board choose to take him...?"

______________________________________________________________________________

(Girl's Restroom)

Nanami was washing her face to cool down, grumbling to herself. "They don't know how hard I have it...! Having to deal with that deadbeat of a father, then becoming a goddess by force..."

"Nanami," came the voice of her familiar, shocking her. "Have you been bullied by mean-spirited humans?"

"GAH! WHAT THE HECK TOMOE!? THIS IS THE GIRLS ROOM! ALSO, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!?"

"I was worried, so I came to see you," he answered.

"But did you really have to come into the girl's room?" Parvati asked, pooping out from behind him.

"Mortal things do not matter to me-"

"Ahhhhhh! Pervert!"

WHACK!

Something flew out of a toilet stool nearby and slammed on a bathroom wall which happened to be Onkiri, a will-o-wisp. He stayed in his position for some time before sliding off the wall.

"... I thought humans couldn't see him...?" Parvati asked.

"On special occasions sometimes." Tomoe said while sprouting a vein above his head.

Nanami sighed. "I just wanted a semblance of normalcy... Just wanted to be a normal girl for just as long as I can... But on my first day back, I'm completely forgotten, and no one knows who I am..."

Parvati hugs the girl. "It's okay dear, you're fine~"

"If you've had your chance to see this Kurama then you should have no more business at school," Tomoe stated, making the two girls erked. "This is good news. We can leave, now"

WHAM!

He was hit over the head by two pissed off goddesses.

"You sure are happy for someone who's worried..." Parvati stated, coldly.

"You aren't worried about me at all..." Nanami stated with a finite voice.

"Does it look like I ever worry about you? That bug was actually right for once, you don't care-"

"WHY SHOULD I CARE!?" Nanami shouted, anger on her face and tears in her eyes, some running down her face. "I DIDN'T WANT THIS! I DIDN'T WANT TO GO THROUGH THE PROCESS OF BECOMING A GODDESS AND LOSING MY HUMANITY! I DIDN'T ASK TO BECOME A CANDIDATE! THIS WAS LITERALLY THROWN, NO THRUST ON ME!!! AND I WASN'T GIVEN THE CHOSE! SO DON'T TALK TO ME ABOUT REALITY WHEN I HAD MINE SHATTERED BY FORCE!"

Nanami was huffing and crying now, she was trying to be strong through all this, but the dam finally broke. She then started walking away. "You and Beelzebub can go jump off a cliff for all I care..."

Tomoe actually looked shocked.

Parvati gave him a disbelieving shake of the head. "You really screwed up this time..."

Tomoe didn't want to admit it, but Parvati was right, he did screw up. Royally so.

Nanami walked out of the restroom, anger still on her face. "Did you go to the bathroom to have a good cry?" Nanami turned to see the voice of Kurama. "How adorable~ Nanami, I'm sorry."

She sees the bee sting and the hand mark on his face. "... What happened to you?"

"Somehow a bee landed on my face without me knowing and stung me, and then I got slapped by a girl who wanted to kill it right after it flew away," he told her, gently rubbing the spot. "But enough about me. But I wanted to apologize. I was just angry. Everyday, people at school stare at me, watching me non-stop. And, I ended up taking my frustrations out on you. I was wrong; so try to relax. The last thing you have to worry about is whether or not I might hate you or anything."

"...... Does it look like I need your sympathy?" Nanami asked Kurama.

"Huh?" Kurama asked, looking confused.

"If you don't want peopleto look at you, fine, I won't look at you ever again," Nanami stated, anger on her face. She then started walking back to class.

"Hey," Kurama called out. He looked at her still, sensing something about her.

______________________________________________________________________________

(Class 2-2)

Nanami was at her desk, taking notes on her classes. She was still in a sour mood. 'I can't believe I went through all this trouble just to see that guy, and I see the real him. Maybe I should take online classes...? No, I'm going to finish school here...'

Outside the classroom window, Nanami was being watched by Parvati, Tomoe, Onikiri and Kotetsu.

"Poor Lady Nanami; she looks so upset," Onkiri stated, sounding sad.

"Why did Master Tomoe have to bully her?" Kotetsu asked.

"Now, she is practically overcome with anger," Onkiri added.

"Hold on," Tomoe started, looking mad at the two; fireball floating around him. "I did not bully her. ... Although... the one who made her cry... was me..."

"Yeah... You need to be taught discipline," Parvati stated firmly.

"Was that supposed to be some words of encouragement...?" Tomoe blandly asked of Parvati.

"Yes."

"....... It didn't take you one second to reply. I swear you're becoming more like that damn fly."

"I could say the same to you..." she said flatly. "And you have a bee on your neck." Parvati said to Tomoe.

"What?! Waaaaahhhhh!" Tomoe shouted in surprise before he lost his balance and fell to the ground, impacting the dirt for some time before a bee flew up at the sky before flying away.

"I guess Karma is real..." Parvati muttered.

"...... I f(BEEP!) hate Karma."

CRACK!

BAM!

"...... Does every land god/goddess literally hate my existence?" Tomoe blandly said as a tree branch fell and hit him on the head.

"That or Gaia is upset that her new daughter is being bullied," Parvati stated.

"How can that Earth Goddess adopt that human girl and smother it with love if she has, I don't know other children to think abo-!"

SPLAT!

Tomoe stopped for a moment as a paper slammed itself on Tomoe's face, causing him to become furious and took the paper out from his face and was about to tear it if he hadn't read the following.

Dear Tomoe...

You have been testing my pasious eversense I saw what you have been doing to Nanami... That girl is in need of love, and she is a good kid, so I will warn you; if you keep treating her like some bug, I will make you and Beelz be my next meal, Fox and Pork stew...

Sighed,

The Elder Goddess, Gaia

P.S. Beelzebub got the same letter, and his daughter is not happy with him.

".... How the hell that b(BEEP) know what I'm doin-"

SPALT!

Another paper slammed on his face again. Tomoe placed his hand on the side of the paper and slid it off from his face, showing his annoyed expression on his face. He read what this one said.

I am the planet itself you moron, I made a real-life RPG system that warps the world around the user. Don't think I can't see and hear everything... I know everything b(BEEP)...

Also, call me that again, and I'll find something that makes death a mercy...

"Hah! As if that would scare me-"

BAM!

"HHHHYYYYYAAAAAAAA!" Unfortunately, when Tomoe was about to make a remark, he was literally struck by lightning, causing him to spam around while his skeleton showed through the electric shock. It was like this until the lightning stopped, causing his entire body to be charred, smoke flowed from his body before he crumpled down to the ground.

"Oh no!"

"Master Tomoe!"

Parvati groaned, facepalming. "He really likes to test people's patients... doesn't he...? Especially women..."

"Bite me woma-" Parvati dropped a ball of gold on his gut, shutting him up.

"Case in point..." she said in a deadpan.

BAM!

"....Why do I hear a judge's hammer being slammed?" Parvati asked while looking around.

Dark looks irritated "What the hell?! Who keeps doing all these fourth wall shenanigans?"

"You do remember this reality can break the fourth wall at times..." Light reminded his partner. "... Though I'm not sure if that's just the anime or not..."

"It ain't now can you please help me prevent this fourth wall from happening again, at least for this chapter?"

"Yeah, yeah, keep your shirt on! I'm coming!"

______________________________________________________________________________

(Lunch)

Nanami was looking out the window, trying to get through the day. Her quite time was ruined when Isobe showed up. "Yo, Daddy Issue Momozono~! Tell me what kind of poor man's lunch did you had to bring today."

Nanami's anger rose again. She went into her desk to pull her lunch out. "It's none of your business, but so you know-!" She stopped when she couldn't find her lunch anywhere in her desk. 'What!? W-What happened to the lunch the others gave me!?'

"Oh no!" Isobe teased. "Don't tell me you forgot. That's hilarious!" Just then, one of the ceiling tiles fell on the punk. "Gah!"

".. Well that made me feel better," Nanami muttered.

Isobe groaned and asked. "What happened...?"

"Well karma for start, and also I was going to buy bread today," Nanami stated, trying to save face.

Isobe looked at her skeptically. "Really? I didn't think you had enough money to buy bread."

"I do have money..." Nanami growled, searching herself for some. She then found some in her skirt pocket. 'Parvati must have given me some in case something happene-' She thought to herself. She stopped when a blue screen appeared before her eyes.

[Ding! Money donated! The current currency value of money being turned in

40,000 yen

Keep up the great work and you'll be out of debt in no time.]

Nanami's eyes widened when she saw that. '40,000!? But Parvatie would have only given me at least just 500, maybe ever 1,000 for food... What's going on!? And what's this being donated to the system?! Stop trying to steal my money dammit!'

"Oh no," Kurama said, holding his wallet. "I'm missing some money from my wallet. Well. I guess it's not that big a deal..."

Nanami's eyes widened when she heard that. The System was trying to help her.

[Yes Host, praise the system for thinking ahead.]

'Shut up, will you?!'

"You know what, hold on," Kurama ordered, getting up, and sounding like he remembered something. "I just remembered. I completely forgot I gave Nanami that money earlier. She said she didn't have enough to buy bread."

"No, I had lunch, but someone stole it..." Nanami stated, looking at Kurama with suspicion. "And you just happened to be outside the girl's bathroom when I walked out." She pulled out her pockets. "Also, I have none on me."

Kurama locked up, knowing he did. 'What's going on...? I know I planted that 40,000 Yen on her...'

Just then, the classroom door opened, and Tomoe and Parvati were there, in human disguises, and what looked like multiple shrine maidens as well.

"Please forgive us," Tomoe said. "The arrangements took longer than expected, Lady Nanami."

"Yes, I hope you do forgive our lateness, Nanami, I had noticed you grabbed my lunch by mistake, so me and Tomoe wanted to treat you to something special~" Parvati explained. "A mixture of Japanese and Indian cooking~"

Everyone was in shock by what was going on.

"On this, your joyous first day back at school," Tomoe stated, ushering in the 'maidens'. "Me and Parvati used every skill we possess to prepare this for you. May we present to you your meal."

Every dish that was shown was like that of a five-star resort restaurant.

Parvati then clapped her hand, getting everyone's attention. "Attention please, Me and Tomoe have a few things we need to go over."

"Yes, Lady Nanami is my cherished lady and mistress. If any of you are rude or disrespectful. You will have to answer to me, Is that clear?" Tomoe stated to all of them.

"And I am Nanami's teacher in the arts of religion, be it Shinto or other types, she is my student, and will not be harassed, is that understood? She is now the head Miko of the Shrine Tomoe lives at." Partvati informed them as well.

"Master Kurama," Tomoe called, getting the idol's attention. "Those bills you purportedly lost somewhere. They appear to be on the floor by your feet, but what say you?"

Parvati gave a small giggle that she covered with her hand. "It seems you were just clumsy, and dropped them~"

Kurama looked and saw that there was the same amount he put in Nanami's pocket. 'No way. How did they get there? I know I put that money in Nanami's pocket. So how did she not have it and how did it end up there?'

"To all of you, her classmates. I humbly ask you this. Please look after Lady Nanami." Tomoe then bowed to all of them.

"Yes, we ask you to be kind and courteous to the new Shrine Miko," Parvati agreed, bowing as well.

The girls were blushing at Tomoe, while the guys were blushing at Parvati. Nanami looked like she was going to cry, seeing that Tomoe and Parvati were the only two looking out for her, truely.

'Thank you... both of you...' Nanami thanked them in her head.

Tomoe turned to look at her, annoyed. "Hurry up and eat."

Parvati lightly slapped him over the head. "Is that any way to talk to your Mistress, Tomoe?"

"Oh right, where are my manners? Please forgive this lowly man, my lady." Tomoe said to Nanami, closing his eyes while having a vein mark above his head.

"Oh, you do not need to be formal with me Tomoe," Nanami said, but smiled happily, turning away with a blush on her face. "I'm... thankful you did all this for me though..."

Tomoe covered his mouth with his fan. "... It is what any good servant would do..." he told her, but felt happy for her appreciation. However, for Tomoe, he was steaming inside of him with so much anger he could barely restrain himself. 'Someone please take me out of my misery now!' But a tiny part of him did find her more tolerable than Mikage, just a tiny bit.

______________________________________________________________________________

(Next day)

Nanami was getting ready to start her next day of school. "I'm heading to school now, I'll see you guys later."

"Nanami, you are forgetting some things," Tomoe called out, holding her hat and a giant bento box. "The three-tiered box lunch that I, Tomoe, and your teacher, Parvati, made especially for you as well as the cat hood/scarf/gloves decorated with a seasonal flower by yours truly."

Parvati giggles. "You sound like a house husband, Tomoe-"

SPLAT!

She was hit on the face by a lunch box, courtesy of Tomoe who looked innocent and natural who had his hand aimed at Parvati. "Oopsie, my hand must've slipped." he said in a dull tone of voice.

Parvati had an anime tick mark and her eyebrow was twitching. "... I'm going to harm you..." she said in a low, dangerous voice.

Nanami sighed and took the two items. "Can you two please stop fighting, it's bad enough when Beelzebub is around..." she stated, already feeling drained of energy.

"Only if this freeloader does more than just cook," Tomoe stated, jabbing at Parvati.

"Excuse me? Who are you calling a freeloader!?"

"You, sense you've done nothing to help her in her Goddess powers."

"And is that me being a freeloader? All you did was clean the shrine while also not keeping an eye on the tax debt which will affect both you and Nanami for one."

Nanami just sighed, tears in the corner of her eyes. "I want to go back to normalcy..." She took her lunch, and put her hat on. "I'm heading out now..."

When she left, no one noticed that her hat got caught on a sliver, ripping it a bit.

As she walks through the streets with little tears on her eyes, she hates to admit it but she does miss Beelzebub, she is still stuck in this immense debt and she has no idea how to pay for all the tax Mikage left behind. She misses his counseling, his words were a bit harsh, but he did make fair points at times.

"Hey, Nanami!" called a girl from her class. She turned around to see some of her classmates walking to her.

"Good morning," another greeted her.

Nanami smiled. "Good morning~ I'm guessing you're here about yesterday?"

"Good, so is Tomoe coming today~?" one of them asked.

"And is Parvati as well?" another asked, liking both of them.

Nanami sighed. "No, they gave me a three-tiered lunch, so they might not."

The three girls pouted. "Fooie..."

"Can we ask about that cute hat you got though?" the first one asked. "Where'd you get it? It looks so comfy and practical at the same time."

"Oh, Parvati made it~" Nanami informed them. "I can ask her to make some if you like~" She then put her index fingers together, looking sheepish at this part. "... Thought I might have to ask you girls to buy it, since the shrine I'm living at needs the money because of debt..."

"Oh, How's 2,000 Yen sound then?" the second girl asked, shocking Nanami.

"Wait, really? You'd really buy them?" Nanami asked in astonishment.

"Well of course Nanami! It's not like your poor-"

The word 'poor' hit Nanami on the chest like an arrow.

"Live in a rundown house-"

"Gah!" Followed by a 'rundown' arrow.

"Or stuck in a massive debt that's like 5 million Yen."

Nanami was holding her knees, a black cloud of depression over her. "Yeah, thanks to my dad and the last owner of the shrine who had forgotten to get someone to pay the taxes..." she said, crying anime waterfall tears.

The three girls were shocked. "You're kidding!"

"I wish I was... My father is a deadbeat gambling addict that got my old home taken away... And was forced to be the shrine maiden to the shrine I'm living at..." Nanami told them.

"Seriously Nanami, are you a magnet for bad luck or something?"

"... I don't want to believe it... but with how my week has been going... I'm starting to think my Luck is to blame a bit... But then again, it's been so crazy I think I'm a Crazy Luck Magnet..." She then added in her head. 'And that is with just a 9 LUC stat... I might have to level that up the most...'

"Geez, what else could-" one of the girls started before Nanami and the girls shouted at her.

"DON'T FINISH THAT SENTENCE!"

But if fate wanted Nanami's crazy luck to show, a red car nearly ran her over, shocking the three girls, and Kurama came out, all healed up from yesterday.

"Hey, Nanami, I see you're wearing that cute hat again~" Kurama stated. "Get in. I'll give you a ride."

The three girls' jaws dropped at what was happening. "... I'm starting to think Nanami is right about her luck being crazy..." the first girl stated.

Just then, more of their classmates appeared, shouting, cheering and taking photos on their phones of Kurama.

"No thanks," Nanami stated, looking mad. This shocked the three girls.

"Whoa, why are you refusing?" the first asked her.

"Yeah, that would make you popular," the second added.

"And he specifically asked you," the three stated.

"He tried to frame me yesterday by saying he gave me money, when he didn't," Nanami reminded them. "Or did you forget?"

"What are you even talking about Nanami? I would never even try to accuse you of anything of the sort." Kurama said to Nanami.

Nanami was trying not to let her temper show, her eyebrow twitching.

[Gamer's Mind has Activated]

Nanami took a deep breath, feeling better thanks to Gaia's gift. 'As much as I want to be mad with those three, I can't help but appreciate the powers as well.' She then turned to Kurama. "Don't try to play dumb, you want me for something, and I don't want to know what that is. I've lost all respect for you."

Most of the other girls were jeering at Nanamik for her words.

"WHAAAT!"

"DID YOU HEAR WHAT THAT (BEEP) JUST SAID!?"

"HOW DARE YOU SPEAK LIKE THAT TO KURAMA!"

"YOU SHOULD BE GRATEFUL HE EVEN OFFERED YOU A RIDE!"

She gave all the girls a flat look. "Did you forget what he did yesterday...?" She asked them all. She just groaned, turning away. "Whatever, I need to get to school..."

Kurama was watching her leave, sensing the Land God Energy from the tear in her hat.

______________________________________________________________________________

(Ujigarmi High School)

In the trees, Tomoe, Parvati, Onikiri and Kotetsu were keeping an eye on Nanami. Both Tomoe and Parvati sensed Nanami's Land God energy leaking out from her hat somehow, after the two stopped bickering.

Kotetsu was pouring Tomoe some hot sake for him. "I think I know how her power is leaking, there's a small tear in her hat we didn't notice. Now I'm forced to watch her all day. I cannot make preparations for dinner now." Tomoe stated, sighing.

"Hmph, why are you so worried about the girl? She's better off on her own and it'll be her own fault she'll get discovered later. Or was all that just talk before?" Parvati asked him. 'This fox changes toons more times than a choir.'

Tomoe just huffed. "I'm only doing my duty as a familiar, nothing more, nothing less."

"As for dinner, sweet fish grilled with a sprinkle of salt sounds good," Kotetsu suggested.

"But I do wonder; cooking food and guarding a girl," Tomoe muttered a bit. "Are these the duties of a familiar? How tragically dull..." He then went to drink his sake. 'At times, I feel a fierce longing. I miss my old life and its spine-tingling thrills.'

"You're hopeless, you know that," Parvati stated, seeing the look on his face.

"Don't tell me you don't miss being who you once were," Tomoe stated, giving her a side eye. "The fear you put in your enemies, the thrill of battle. Or was what Beelzebub said the other day was false?"

SHING!

An axe was by Tomoe's neck, it happened all of a sudden, but Parvati didn't have her previous expression, instead it had more of a stoic yet furious expression hidden behind inside of her. "You better watch your words fox, or you might be wondering why your head isn't with the rest of your body."

Tomoe only looked at her with one eye. "All you are doing is proving me right by having that weapon at my throat. Wanting to scare me into complying."

BAM!

SHINK!

"URGH!"

"Master Tomoe!"

However, his predicament became true when Parvati literally sank her axe at Tomoe, causing him to fall from the tree and impact at the ground. Tomoe felt immense pain in his abdominal area. He looks up and sees Parvati looking at him with strong conviction, the look to kill. "One more word fox and I won't accidentally cause an accident kill. You are lucky that I tolerate your existence cause if you didn't then you would wish you would stay dead." She said to him before taking a hold of her axe and roughly pulls it out from Tomoe, causing him to groan out in pain. Looking over his abdominal, he was surprised to see no blood coming out from where the axe was, though he can still feel the phantom pain over it.

"Uh, Master Tomoe, Lady Parvati," Kotetsu called out to the two. "Lady Nanami appears to be going somewhere."

On the roof, Nanami walked on, holding a note from Kurama,. She was starting to get annoyed at this point. "You're really doing the old 'meet me on the roof,' cliche...?" Nanami asked the redhead. "What do you want...?"

"First of all, I want to ask you a Question. The only thing I have to do is meet their gaze, and every girl blushes and looks at her feet but for some reason, you alone claim to have lost respect for me." Kurama started to explain. "Why is that?"

'Wait, does he have some sort of charm power?' Nanami thought in her head. 'I must be immune, due to my powers.'

[By thinking logically

Your INT and WIS went up by 1]

Nanami gave a deadpan to her powers, which Kurama didn't notice. "I did speak up for you when you were being accused yesterday. And, I even apologized. I guess I just don't understand at all what you're so unhappy about."

Nanami's anger started to grow, an aura of it showing, making her hair wave from it. 'This guy is a complete and utter moron!' Nanami shouted in her head, before a new notification popped up in front of her.

A new skill has been created through a special action.

The skill [Aura of Rage] has been created.

Aura of Rage

LV 1

03.25% till next level

You are able to form an aura of rage over your body, able to enhance your powers. But be careful, because you can lose control if your anger is not tamed.

X2 to STR and DEX

X 2 To Spell Damage

Cost 10 GE and 5 MP to activate and 2 GE and 1 MP to use constantly

Chances of making an error in fighting: 80%

[Berserk] Status Effect nullified due to [Gamer's Mind]

'... Okay, useful...' Nanami thought.

"If you wanted," Kurama continued, making Nanami look at him again, "I wouldn't be opposed to you becoming mine, which for you would be fairly lucky-"

BAM!

"FUAH!"

That instant, he was kicked on the chest, courtesy by Nanami who used her Aura of rage as she no longer could contain any anger, she felt inside of her. A number then appeared over his head.

-5 HP

Kurama got in her face and roared at her. "WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT FOR!?"

"Ahem." A voice called out behind Kurama, causing him to freeze up a bit before he slowly turned around and saw it was the American English teacher who was staring at him stoically. "I see that you're bothering one of your classmates and I cannot have anyone who's uncomfortable. You're coming with me to the principal's office, young man." He said to Kurama, grabbing his ear before dragging him away from Nanami and back inside the building.

"OW! OW! OW! THAT HURT! OUCH! LET ME GO! OW! DAMMIT YOU'RE PULLING MY EAR TO HARD!"

"I don't care, you are in trouble for dragging Nana-" he was cut off when Kurama punched the man, knocking him out cold.

"You foolish human..." he glared at the down teacher. "I will not let you get in my way..." He then summoned wings on his back, shocking Nanami. He then turned and gave her a sly smile. "Guess the jig is up then~ Oh, how I wanted to wait until after I made you mine~"

"Wait, are you a real Fallen?" Nanami asked, getting to pull her sword out of her inventory. 'I'm so glad I found out about this last night...'

Kurama sighed. "I knew that Land God Energy that was leaking from you was real. All I have to do is make you mine~"

"Wait, how could you know?" Nanami asked. "My hat hides it."

"Yes, but there was a big enough rip in it, so that some of your energy leaked out," he told her. "But what is that other power I sense in you? Almost feels primal but yet new. I've always wondered what a God's flesh would taste like if I carve it out from your skin, your flesh and your heart."

Naname pulled out her sword and some tags from her inventory. "I don't think so..." She activated her [Aura of Rage] skill, not sure how strong he was. "But I do have to know, did you know I was a goddess in training the day we met? And if so, how did you know?"

"Oh please, I never even knew you were a goddess before. I thought you were just one of those girls who thinks they're so tough but they're so weak inside of themselves! I even planned on using your tough attitude, to humiliate you until you can't even look at yourself in the mirror."

"I knew you were a jerk, but I didn't know you were this bad..." Nanami stated, glaring at him.

SHING!

"Eeck!"

Unfortunately, all that bravado went down the drain when her sword was flying from her grasp, due to the amount of pressure Kurama put and grabbed her arms before she could utter any spells.

"Great, my Level 5 status strikes again...' Nanami thought. 'I seriously need to find a dungeon or something... I can't stay at this level forever...'

"Enough talk, I've wasted my time! If you want to blame someone, blame yourself for being a weak little girl." Kurama puts in a deadly smile that actually scares Nanami. She did the only thing she could think of at that moment...

"Let go of me!" she roared at him.

DING!

And kicked him right between the legs. Kurama's face went pale, let out a high-pitched cry of pain.

Dark winced in pain "Right in the schnitzels!" (BAM!) he falls to the ground while groaning.

Light stays away, not wanting to deal with any of this. 'That's one way to deal damage...' he thought in his head.

Weak Spot

Critical Hit

-25 HP

She was able to free her hand from his grip, and was going for her blade. "Now's my chance, I can win this!"

She was then grabbed by the neck, and lifted into the air by a pissed off Kurama. "You know, I was going to take my time on you, but now, I'm just going to kill you and eat you here and now...!"

Nanami was having trouble breathing, he was blocking her airway. She could see her HP bar dropping by every second.

"I hope you made your peace, because now you will be mi-" Kurama then froze, feeling one dark present on him. "What's this? A chill down my spine?"

Soon a calm yet scary voice spoke out to Kurama, causing him to freeze. "Make peace? Don't you mean make peace with your god. They might be able to grant you peace but I..." Kurama felt a hand over his shoulder as the grip tightened around his left shoulder. "Won't be so merciful, upon your soul."

BAM!

Kurama was then smashed on the ground, hard. Courtesy by a familiar dark gloom being who was looming over the crow yokai.

"W-Who the hell are you...?" Kurama asked, trying not to show fear.

"Why should I answer to you, crow?" Beelzebub questioned while still having his hand over Kurama, lifting his head, showing his expression to the crow yokai. "You should think twice before you decide to think with your mind instead of your stomach."

"Why are you protecting her? She's just a human!"

BAM!

"Argh!" Kurama shouts in pain when Beelzebub smashed his head on the school railing, literally damaging his head. He can feel his skull was slowly cracking due to Beelzebub gripping his head hard.

"You'll get your answer, when your soul leaves your body. And don't worry, not a single person who ever know about your existence by the time I'm finished with yo-"

"STOP!" Nanami shouted at Beelzebub, stopping him from what seems to be finishing Kurama.

The two looked at Nanami.

Beelzebub looked stoically at the girl, unimpressed by her scream before he spoke. "You clearly haven't even learned your lesson from before haven't you mortal? You'd still-"

"Oh shut the hell up!" Nanami roared, through with his bull, and took Beelzebub back. "I know your teachings are good, but you are an idiot a lot of the time. Did you even think to consider how I felt about this whole ordeal! No! Because you demon, only care about yourself! I had this damn power thrown on me! And you and Tomoe just think I'm just fine with this! Well I'm not! I had to deal with idiots, self-centered, egotistical magical beings! I've had it up to here with all this spiritual stuff!" Nanami was now huffing from letting out all her pent-up frustrations from the last few days.

[Gamer's Mind has Activated]

Nanami felt the calming effect of her powers, and took a deep breath. "Look, Beelzebub, I do appreciate your teachings. But you do tend not to think everything through."

"I do too-"

"The curse sword you wanted to give me that would have killed me when I touched it..." she reminded him flatly. That shut him up. "Look, I know I'm not going to be nice and kind to everyone all the time, but that doesn't mean I have to be a jerk and an a****** about it. I'm still human right now, and I want to be that way for as long as I can. I don't want to lose that part of me when I become a full goddess. And I don't care if you think it's stupid or foolish, but that's my way, okay? And if you don't like it, I don't care. This is my life, and I'll live it the way I want to."

Beelzebus stares at Nanami as she says it loud and clear to the lord of flies. Though as she did, she sweated a bit due to Beelzebub's overwhelming presence that completely bypassed her own. She still remained her own guard against the lord of flies though she sighs a bit and calms down a bit. "I know that you're trying to show me how reality is, I've been there before and experienced it. But I just... I don't want to kill. It's just wrong for me to take a life from my own hands, everyone deserves a second... well except for my father." Nanami whispered the last one about her father before she shook her head and continued to explain. "Anyway, you have your different view of the world, and I have my own."

Beelzebub continues to stare at Nanami for some time before he too sighs, lowering his head. "Perhaps, I was a bit harsh on you in regards to the difference between light and darkness. I will say this, and not even Parvati and Tomoe will argue with me on this. This world is far crueler than you think. There are bloodthirsty evil gods who would aim to do whatever they please in the mortal realm. I've seen many gods and goddesses fall from their hands. You might get your hands dirty, but I will admit, the world isn't black and white." Beelzebub said before he gets up and places his cane on the ground while still having his foot on Kurama.

"I know this is a lot, but can you please give people a second chance? That's all I'm asking."

"... You do remember he was going to eat your heart, right...?" he asked her. Her response was to give im a flat look

"I know what I said before. He too deserves a second chance." At first Kurama had a hopeful look on his face, seeing how he would avoid from being close to death at the hands of a powerful demon lord. However, Nanami had something else to say. "But that doesn't mean he can get away with it. Beelzebub, can you go easy on him if you can?"

"Your wish is my command."

______________________________________________________________________________

(Timeskip: Few Minutes Later)

Kurama was currently in a cross pose as he sweated with immense fear. He can't move his body because if he did, the bee would sting him. Not just one bee, but a whole colony who was quite literally over at Kurama's waist.

"Please, help me." Kurama muttered while staying perfectly still. Nanami looked at the fly demon.

"How is this easy...?" she asked him flatly.

"Just using his fear is all," he answered.

Nanami sighed. She then kneeled to Kurama. "Look, I know we both got off on the wrong foot, but I'm willing to help you. Just promise me you won't be causing me any more trouble at school, okay?"

"Yes, yes, yes! Anything! Please get these bees off of me! I promise I'll be good! Just don't let them sting my face again! I have a concert tomorrow afternoon and I have to look good!"

Nanami looked at Beelzebub. "Can you call them off, please?"

"I would but you'll have to convince him." Beelzebub said while pointing at the other person.

"Huh?" Nanami asked, looking to where he was pointing. Which happens to be Tomoe.

"I still think I should have turned him into an Ostroige and had him for dinner," the fox stated, looking unhappy.

Nanami glared at him. "We are not doing that... Now call off the swarm."

"Fine."

SNAP!

All the bees fly away, leaving a freaked out Kurama. "I thought I was dead for sure," he stated. "First from that elder Yokai-"

"Demon," Beelzebub corrected.

He ignored him, "-then from that fox. What's next, some sort of warrior princess?"

"Don't tempt me, kid," Parvati stated, making the crow yokai flinch.

"I'll be good..."

Nanami then pulled out a first aid kit from her inventory, surprising Kurama and the others. "Here, let me patch you up. It's the least I can do. We need to disinfect it, then put a bandage on it-"

"Leave it," Kurama said, not wanting pity.

"Don't be a moron," she chidded him,chopping him on the head lightly. "YOu know a pop idol can't have any scars on their faces. I may not like you very much, but there are still girls out there that do for some reason. So you need to at least act like you take care of yourself, got it?" She gave a small smile, and giggled. "You don't want to disappoint your fans now, do you?"

Kurama was mesmerized by this girl, who showed him kindness. Helooked away from her. "Right."

Parvati gave Beelzebub a smug smile. "And you thought Nanami couldn't take care of herself~" she whispered to the demon fly.

Though she was roughly pushed back by Beelzebub from her face. "I will neither confirm nor deny that statement..."

Tomoe wasn't pleased at all. "Hold it! This Tengu deserves every injury, yet he is getting loving treatment while me and Beelzebub are the ones getting yelled at!?"

Parvati then turned to Tomoe. "Oh~ Is the fox boy jealous~?"

She was promptly shoved away like with Beelzebub. "I am not, she is too kind and with someone who wanted to eat her heart not too long ago."

"Can we please get back to the main issue here?"

"And that is?" Tomoe asked.

"Him." Beelzebub pointed at the Tengu who attempted to escape. Tip toeing his feets towards the rooftop entrance.

"Oh come on, what else do you want from me...?" he asked them all, not wanting to deal with them. "I already agreed to not do it again."

"That's still not enough. In fact, you must pay for the total damage you have caused towards Nanami."

"Whatever the amount is, I'll pay, I'll pay whatever the amount you ask me to do, just please don't use me as a battering ram again."

"Then here you go." Beelzebub handed him a piece of paper which Kurama took from his hand.

"Alright let's see he- Huh!? What the?! 454 million Yen?!" Kurama shouted in shock and terror as he leaned forward on the paper. "That'll cost me my entire career! How the hell did you manage to get into this kind of debt?!"

Nanami glared at Beelzebub. "You are not forcing him to pay off the entire debt for us!"

"What? It's the perfect punishment for the likes of the crow who tried to screw you over, remember what he did before?" Beelzebub reminded Nanami.

"Yes, but you are going way too far yourself... Again..." she stated. "Shall I remind you of the Sword again, and have you pay the debt for nearly killing me by trying to give me that blade?"

"... You're never going to let me live that down, are you...?" he asked her in a flat voice.

"Not until you learn self-control and think of your actions/consequences, or I can wield it without my soul being taken out of my body, whichever comes first," Nanami stated sternly.

"Whichever comes first." Beelzebub replied back to Nanami.

"And since I'm still low level, I'm not going to be using it anytime soon," Nanami stated. "So lower the price, or you're paying half with him, limitation be damned, I'll enjoy you being shocked by Gaia..."

"Fine. Here you go."

"Tha- Wait you only removed one yen! Are you trying to make me broke or something?!"

Parvati hit Beelzebub over the head with a mace. "Actually, lower it you jackass!"

He was hurt from the holy magic in the mace. "No sense of humor from any of you..." he grumbled.

"You'd need a sense of humor to be funny in the first place," Nanami roasted him.

"How about you allow me to handle this?" Tomoe Asked of Nanami before he approached Kurama with a calm and elegant walk.

"At least one of you is rationa-" Nanami started, before Kurama shouted.

"OH COME ON! YOU'RE REALLY TRYING TO MAKE ME LOSE MY CAREER AREN'T YOU?!"

Tomoie was hit over the head with a paper fan. "Will you both stop being idiotic jerks!" She turned to Kurama. "I'll just ask for 500,000 Yen, at most. Is that fair?"

"Fine. Fair is fair, that is the least amount of money I can give. I'll send you the money tomorrow by one of my agents."

Nanami smiled brightly at him. "Thank you for helping us Kurama~"

He looked away, blushing. "It's no big deal... I'll see if I can help in other ways as well for you."

Nanami then remembered something. "Oh, that's right!" Nanami stated, pounding her fist in her palm. "Parvati, can you make more of the hats I'm wearing? Some of the girls want to buy them. That's a good way to earn money and gain more reputation for the shrine~!"

"Oh sure, why I would love to he-"

BAM!

"Aaaaahhhh!" When Parvati was about to finish her sentence, she again was struck by lightning unfortunately, causing her to spam around while her bones showed through the lightning. Beelzebub and Tomoe both had sunglasses as they observed the scene, not giving their reaction in regards to the sudden lightning strike.

Nanami's jaw dropped. "Oh, come on, she's only making hats, I'm the one ceiling them Gaia."

[Any gods that help you will be struck with divine punishment from the heavens.]

"That's with money! You are not ruining my idea!" she roared at the notice.

[Find ways to pay off this massive debt WITHOUT any outside help. That regards to gods as well.]

She gave it a flat look. "Funny, Kurrma giving me money yesterday counted..." She reminded her powers. "And he was outside help."

[.... We were trying to save you.]

She gave the box a deadpan, not believing it. "Uh huh... Look, if she's just the maker, and just makes them without any wards or magical enhancements, and I sell them, can please go with my idea? ... I want to be liked in school... is that too much to ask...?"

[... Fine, the System will allow this, as long as your familiar helps her from time to time, and you do as well when you have the time. [Sewing] is a good skill to have.]

Nanami nodded. "Deal. I will help make them, and learn to craft them as well."

"Uh..." Kurama stated, looking lost. "Can someone please explain to me what's going on?"

"Let's just say, I'm the adopted daughter of Gaia," Nanami stated. Making Kurama blink a few times.

"... I'm sorry... what?" Kurama asked, then shook his head and wavered them off. "Wait, you know what, don't answer that. My head still hurts from the beating and everything."

"I'll explain it more to you later then."

Kurama held his head. "What's next, you're going to tell me you have some way to evolve into an actual goddess..."

Nanami looked away, whistling. Kurama only deadpanned.

______________________________________________________________________________

(Shrine: Next day)

It was the next day, and Parvati, Tomoe and Nanami were working on some of the hats.

"I still don't know why I'm doing this...." Tomoe grumbled.

"One; so we can earn money for the shrine, and two; because my powers told me you had to help," Nanami stated. She earned the skill from the work.

A new skill has been created through a special action.

The skill [Sewing] has been created

Sewing

LV 1

33.58% till next level

The art of sewing has been around since people had to make clothes to survive. And throughout history, it has been refined to make works of art that art clothes.

Rank: Bloody Needle

"Bloody needle!" Nanami shouted.

Just then, there was a knock. "Ah, that must be Kurama's agents bring in the money," Parvati stated.

"I'll go get it," Nanami stated.

Outside, above the trees, Mikage, Gaia and Sun were watching everything. "Ms. Nanami, nice. You've started being a good god already." Mikage stated, smiling.

"She's doing fine, that's for sure," Sun agreed, eating an apple. "Can't wait for her to use the cultivation guild soon~"

Gaia huffed, but smiled. "She's stubborn, that's for sure. But that stubbornness will come in handy on her journey."

They saw as Nanami was given a case of Yen notes, and bowed, thanking the person, showing off her radiant smile.

Before that money disappeared from Nanami's hand, causing her to look in shock for a second before scowling.

To Be Continued...

______________________________________________________________________________

And that's the chapter.

Sun: "Ah, why'd you change the ending? I was hoping to see Beelze's daughter..."

Blame Dark...

Dark: Don't look at me! I'm trying to avoid adding in so many people we literally would have some hard time thinking about separate people's dialogue.

... You're a writer, you're supposed to be able to handle that... I can handle that.

Dark: It's too early to add her and you're already spoiling who's gonna come next idiot!

Sun: "Yes, but we didn't say we-" (Light covered his mouth)

Okay, but she was mentioned in the story multiple times already. So not really spoiling, just making readers guess and wonder who it'll be. People love to theorize. (Sun nodded in agreement.)

Dark: I know but it's still too early to add her and that's final!

Fine, fine. We should end this chapter anyways.

Sun: (Shrugs) "Fine with me."

Dark: Alright, now then can you end this chapter Light/Xara, I gotta head to bed now.

Same. Anyways. We hope you all enjoyed the story. If you have ideas we can use, feel free to share. And with that, see you all in the next chapter.

Sun: "See ya~!"

Dark: ZZZZZZZZZZZ! (Dark was already on his bed, sleeping like a baby)

Right... See you next time...

Please R&R

(A/N 1) Dark: The following message has been rated due to age setting in this show, please forgive us for our character going against the script.

Darklord331 Page:

https://www.fanfiction.net/u/10463828/Darklord331

https://archiveofourown.org/users/Darklord331/pseuds/Darklord331

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

188K 6.9K 81
"𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙩𝙞𝙚𝙙 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙨𝙚𝙡𝙛 𝙩𝙤 𝙢𝙚, 𝙨𝙤 𝙩𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙥𝙤𝙣𝙨𝙞𝙗𝙞𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙮." ᵈᵉˡⁱᵛᵉʳᵉᵈ √ ---_---_---_--- (𝔸𝕌) 𝙼𝚒𝚔𝚎𝚢𝚡𝙾𝙲 ---_...
25K 550 24
What will happen if you wake up you found yourself in the Kamisama kiss and Mikage (the land god) chooses you to be the god. And you can't go back to...
27.8K 844 26
AU: Imagine if Nanami wasn't a God and Tomoe wasn't her familiar. In this world everything is normal. They both just went to the same highschool and...
213K 11.6K 43
❝Don't you think your name is boring?❞ ❝Ha? What do you mean? My name's perfect as it is-❞ ❝Will you marry me?❞ ✧ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✦✧✦ ▬▭▬ ▬▭▬ ✧ A young la...