The Mysterious Mr. Miller

By mahumwrites

"Why can't you let me go?" I asked, my voice dripping with frustration. He had cornered me against the wall... More

PROLOGUE
1. MEETING MR. MILLER
2. LOOSE SCREWS
3. KINKY
4. THE INTROVERT'S PARADISE
5. BRIEF FREEDOM
6. OLD TRUTHS
7. UNINVITED
8. THE SOFT CORNER
9. SHOPPING WITH MR. MILLER
10. THE OTHER WOMAN
11. SPITFIRE IN MY HOUSE
12. A BUNCH OF RASCALS
13. NIGHTMARE
14. CONTROLLING AND ABUSIVE
15. SHARING IS CARING
CHARACTERS
17. HATE ME LIKE YOU DO
18. HURDLE IN THE WAY
19. THE KIDNAPPERS
20. SECURE
21. SEARCHING THROUGH THE PAST
22. A NIGHT AWAY
23. WALK OF SHAME
24. A PIECE OF TRUTH
25. ENCOUNTER
26. BEDMATES
27. SKIN TO SKIN
28. GOODBYE?
29. SWEET BETRAYAL
30. FORCEFULLY YOURS
31. LOCKED
32. JEALOUSY
33. IN THE HAZE
34. INSIDE THE HEART
35. SNIPPETS OF THE PAST
36. CRIMES AND TERRORS
37. CAPTURED
38. FINDING HER
39. DAMSEL IN DISTRESS
40. ESCAPE
41. KEEP ME CLOSE
42. INNER TURMOIL
EPILOGUE

16. ROADTRIP

12.8K 530 36
By mahumwrites

In the morning, I was awakened by the bright light coming through the window, illuminating the whole room. I was the one facing the window so the light was almost blinding me. I tried to sit up to pull the curtains and that’s when I noticed the heavy weight on my waist, weighing me down. As I moved my fingers over the hairy arm, I realized whom it could belong to.

It was Mr. Sean Miller; the mafia, the gangster, the criminal, cuddling with me. At first, I got alarmed but the alarm was soon replaced with a deep blush creeping up my cheeks. His front body was plastered to my back and he was breathing down my neck, the hot air coming from his mouth causing hair to stand on my neck.

I don’t know why but I rolled around in the same position, coming face to face with him. His dark curls were falling on his forehead and his lower lip was jutted out. Who could guess this man sleeping innocently can kill someone with his bare hands?

Maybe it had been such a long time since I had any close human contact, especially male human contact, that I didn’t want to disturb our position. I stared at his face from this close and noticed his long eyelashes, the small beauty mark on his jaw and his unkept beard. Before I could stop, my hand moved on his own and I hugged him back, feeling a weird comfort in his hold. Maybe my periods were close, that would explain why I was feeling so hot and bothered. Or maybe it was due to the fact that he smelled so sexy and masculine that made me want to melt in his hold.

Stop being a horny freak, you piece of shit. My inner voice grimaced.

Despite the protests of my hormones, I realized the voice was right. Gathering myself, I pushed Sean Miller away, an action that caused him to wake up immediately. His eyebrows furrowed in confusion as he looked around himself, trying to analyze the situation.

“May I know the reason why you woke me up?” He asked while staring at the wall clock.

“You were on my side of the bed.” I said.

“And?” He asked.

“You were trying to cuddle with me.” I said embarrassingly.

“I don’t cuddle.” He said with a straight face. “Especially not with girls like you.”

“What do you mean by girls like me?” I asked, sitting up straight.

“Those with a stick up their arse.” he said, running his fingers through his messy curls. My nostrils flared as I controlled myself from punching his perfect face.

“Jerk.” I said and hopped off the bed. From my suitcase, I pulled out a pair of shorts and a T-shirt for today. It was going to be a long day and I was not going to let him ruin my mood.

*********

“What are you doing?” Sean Miller asked me in an annoyed voice.

“I am reading.” I replied innocently, not knowing what I had done wrong this time.

“I mean, what are you doing?” He pointed at my legs that I had perched on the headrest of the passenger seat. The position was comfortable as there was minimum stress on my back.

“What’s your problem?” I asked.

“This…” His eyes raked over my bare legs and he gulped. “This is distracting me.”

“From what exactly? I don’t see you doing anything productive.” I asked.

He clenched his jaw when he didn’t find a suitable reply and then shouted at Thomas. “Stop somewhere for lunch. I am hungry.” To be honest, I was hungry too but I didn’t want to tell him as I had a huge sandwich for breakfast.

Few minutes later, Thomas stopped the car in front of a pizza place. We walked inside the place and sat down in an empty booth.

“Margerita or Pepperoni?” He asked as he raked over the menu.

“Margherita.” I answered.

“One large Margherita pizza and two coke. And take order from the guy in the car as well.” He said to the waiter.

Once the waiter left, he turned his attention back to his mobile while I continued reading my book.

“Prepare yourself because once we reach your hometown, we might find things that won’t be easy for you to digest.” He said, addressing me.

“Like?” I asked.

“Maybe, your father was back in business.” He said.

“That isn’t possible.” I said, closing my book. My mind would never be ready to accept that my father could do something wrong. I can’t judge him for something he did in the past but I can safely say he wasn’t doing it anymore. My father had strong morals and he wouldn’t compromise them for some money.

“Everything is possible.” He replied in a deep voice.

I chose not to say anything in reply and waited for food. Once the piping hot pizza was served, I put a slice on my plate and began eating it. The warm cheese heated up my inside and I closed my eyes in pleasure.

After devouring the food, we once again continued our journey. I had eaten four large slices so I had no courage to read or do anything else now. Instead, I rested my head against the seat and closed my eyes for a small nap. The nap turned into a full 5-hour sleep and when I woke up, it was dark outside. I blushed when I realized I was resting my head on his shoulder.

“Um…” I sat up straight, wiping the drool from my face and making myself look somewhat presentable. “What time is it?”

“8.” He said.

I looked out of the window and realized we were passing through the woods. There was pindrop silence outside the car, that made me feel a little scared. From my childhood, I had been afraid of jungles so I slid closer to Sean.

I was trying to distract myself from the scary views when the car suddenly stopped to a halt.

“Why have you stopped?” I asked Thomas in a panicked voice. Ignoring me, he walked out of the car and checked its engine or whatever he was doing behind the hood.

“I’ll go check.” Sean said and began to leave but I stopped him by holding his arm.

“Don’t leave me alone.” I said.

“I’m not. Let me just check so we can be on our way.” He replied in a soft voice.

He left the car and discussed the problem with Thomas for about five minutes, after which he walked over to me. “We couldn’t resolve the issue. Thomas is going to bring a mechanic. And while he is at it, I’ll go search for a place to spend the night.” He said.

“No. I’ll go with you. Please.” I gave him my best puppy dog eyes, which I knew he won’t be able to ignore for long.

“Fine. Stay close to me then.” He said. “The map shows there are few cabins at some distance.”

I left the car and we walked along the woods, following the map. He didn’t need to stay twice to stay close as I was already glued to him. He might be scary but an animal or a wolf is scarier. If I had to choose, I would prefer dying by his hands.

We walked for some distance and at last found a cabin. But to our misfortune, it was locked. I was about to walk forwards but Sean had other plans. He picked up a stone and broke the window of the cabin so we could break in, an action that made me gasp.

“But that’s illegal.” I protested.

He raised his eyebrows at the irony of my sentence and then walked ahead to the cabin.

He unlocked the window by extending his arm through the broken part and then helped me climb inside. Afterwards, he jumped in behind me and looked around for the light switch. Once lit, the cabin didn’t look as creepy as it did before. It had a nice homely feel to it and it looked like it hadn’t been abandoned for long. Dare I say, I actually liked the idea of owning a cabin in the woods.

I walked ahead and did a brief tour at the whole cabin. The room we had jumped into was the lounge. There was a sofa set facing an old, probably broken TV. Behind the lounge was an attached open kitchen where Sean was currently trying to find something to eat. There were two doors on both sides of the lounge, probably leading to bedrooms.

Exhausted, I slumped on the sofa and heaved a long sigh. Although I had slept the whole day, I still felt like my body was run over by a truck. Maybe it's because I never had to travel for such longer period of time.

“Looks like we are going to have a comfortable stay.” Sean said as he found some eggs to cook.

************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

241K 5.6K 45
"All this was a misstake. I thought I would get help and be free but I threw myself into another nightmare." My voice barely a whisper. ------- She h...
65.8K 3.6K 39
Could you run away from your destiny? Rick almost managed it. He could seem like the boy next door, but he had a big dark secret. He ran away from h...
317K 7.9K 63
This is book two in the Lost&Found Series but can be read as a stand alone. *** I heard the bag drop on the table before he grabbed my elbow and spu...
643K 13.8K 22
And there I stood, with my mouth wide open, my hands shaking, and my legs frozen. My boss looks up from his victim that is laying dead at his feet be...