pieces of me: poems

By enyaclancy

To the girl twenty-four hours ago, crying into her pillow and questioning what comes next, you'll be okay. "p... More

awards
note
dedication
piece one
piece two
piece three
piece four
piece five
piece six
piece seven
piece eight
piece nine
piece ten
piece ten point five
piece eleven
piece twelve
piece thirteen
piece fourteen
piece fifteen
piece sixteen
piece seventeen
piece eighteen
piece nineteen
piece twenty
piece twenty-one
piece twenty-two
piece twenty-three
piece twenty-four
piece twenty-five
piece twenty-six
piece twenty-seven
piece twenty-eight
piece twenty-nine
piece thirty

introduction

360 38 64
By enyaclancy

I used to hate poetry. I never had ideas to write about, I never understood the point of expressing oneself through metaphors, and I never enjoyed the idea of making my thoughts and feelings available for everyone to see.

             But I guess things have changed since I created a book dedicated to making my thoughts and feelings available for everyone to see.

             After going through a couple of rough years, I've discovered how therapeutic poetry is, from reading it and feeling the comfort of not being the only person to feel a certain way, to later writing it myself and getting to dive into my emotions. I also learned how amazing I am at it, though. That's why I wanted to create this book – not only to show off my outstanding skill, but to create something that people can hopefully read and relate to. It's crazy to think that anyone else out there has felt what you have, but that's the beauty of poetry. Poetry made me realize that I'm not alone.

             However, I also wanted to express myself in a way that could let my readers learn who I am. Though some poems were created from imagination – like I do when writing novels – three-quarters of these poems were written from experiences, from dealing with body image and confidence, to relationships and everyday stress.

             I hope that after delving into these pieces of me, you, the reader, will not feel alone in this overwhelming world like I once did. We all live different lives, but all are filled with both happiness and sorrow at one point – which doesn't always have to be a bad thing.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.2K 587 89
Trigger Warning! Theses are poems I've wrote.
2.6K 57 14
a calvie love story NOW AVAILABLE FOR PURCHASE ON AMAZON
10.4K 314 18
رواية تتكلم عن قصة خمس بنات وكيف كانت حياتهم مع اهلهم ف الديره وكيف بتكون حياتهم بعدين وكيف شخص حب وحده لكن الحياه تمنعهم عن بعض، و.....
19K 314 30
Maya was going through the most miserable time of her life but can the one person she has always had hope for be able to help her?