A Raven's Blessing | Vax'ilda...

By red_amadeus

"I don't know if I believe in the gods...but I believe in you, Vax." Athena never had it easy growing up in T... More

Character Information
Prologue: Part 1
Prologue: Part 2
Season 1
The Terror of Tal'Dorei: Part 1
The Terror of Tal'Dorei: Part 2
The Feast of Realms
Shadows at the Gates
Fate's Journey
Spark of Rebellion
Scanbo
A Silver Tongue
The Tide of Bone
Depths of Deceit
Whispers at the Ziggurat
The Darkness Within
Season 2
Rise of the Chroma Conclave
The Trials of Vasselheim
Those Who Walk Away
Pass Through Fire
Into Rimecleft
The Fey Realm
Echo Tree
The Scales of Order
The Killbox
Belly of the Beast
The Hope Devourer
Author's Note/Update

The Sunken Tomb

2.3K 69 12
By red_amadeus

Warnings: Strong and Sexual Language; Violence, Gore & Death.

After their day in Vasselheim, the group set out to find the tomb where the vestige of the Raven Queen was located. They were currently taking a break. Pike was meditating on some stones to see how Emon was doing. Pike suddenly came out gasping for air as she clutched her chest with sweat dripping down her face. 

"Whoa, Whoa," Grog immediately went to her side as the rest of them worriedly looked over in her direction. "Are you okay?" he asked placing his hand on her back. 

"No. The dragons, they're moving. Expanding across Tal'Dorei." 

"Uh, you saw 'em in your head?" 

"A vision granted by the Everlight. The red one. The others called him Thordak. He just... wiped them out. I... I couldn't save them," Pike sobbed out, Grog pulling her into his chest.

"I know we come from all over, but Emon was the first place that accepted us. It kind of felt like our home," Keyleth gloomy recounted. 

"They even gave us a title," Percy said. 

"And we'll live up to it," Vex jumped down from her sit, "When we find the tomb and find that fucking vestige." 

Vax jumped down from the trees where Vex was seated, panting slightly, "Well, I've got good news and bad news on that front." 

"'Kay. Good stuff first," Scanlan stated. 

"I found the lake Osysa told us about over the next ravine."

"Fantastic. Let's go," Vex motioned.

"Wait," Percy interrupted, "The bad news?"

The bad news was that it was just a fucking lake.

"No tomb," Athena looked over, trying to find some small indication of what Osysa told them about. Even though she knew Vax would have found it.

"No temple, no ruins, no nothing." 

"It's not an illusion, either," Pike said as she scanned the lake with her magic, "Did the Sphinx lie to us?" 

"It must be across the lake," Vex firmly stated as she began walking.

"Where do you think you're going?" Vax grabbed her arm, stopping her. 

"We can still make it by nightfall." 

"This is a Vestige of Divergence we're talking about. I doubt it'll be waiting for us wrapped in gift paper. We have to be careful around here. All of us."

"Not to worry," Scanlan said, "Here. I'll slide over and check it out." He stepped out onto the ice as he summoned a giant purple foot to wrap around his left one. He pushed himself off as he began to glide across the ice. 

"Whoo-hoo-hoo-hoo! Yeah-heh-heh! Whoo! I love having a foot fetish with...," Scanlan steadied himself as he almost fell but he just laughed it off. He was doing tricks on the ice now.

"Please be careful, Scanlan!" Athena shouted with her hands cupped around her mouth. 

"When is Scanlan careful?" Percy sarcastically asked her.

"That is why I am worried. Can't have him break his actual foot out there." 

"Guys, this is the best!" he screamed back at them until his foot got caught on the ice causing him to trip sending him skidding across the ice face first. Everyone in the group burst out into laughter while Percy and Athena face-palmed themselves. As Scanlan was face-planted against the ice, he saw a creature moving under it. 

"Uh, something just moved under the ice," he gasped, "Weird."

"Scanlan, what's going on out there?" Athena worriedly asked. 

"Uh, I, uh, it's fine. I'm sure this ice is... super thick," he patted the ice before standing up, "I'll just recharge the old Scan-juice." Scanlan began to summon the foot again until the ice broke under him as he was pulled down. 

"Hold on, Scanlan!" Grog shouted as ran to the ice. As soon as he took his first step, he fell straight into the water but luckily it was shallow. Both Percy and Athena ran out to help. Athena's first step resulted in her foot sinking due to her armor's weight. She would have fallen in like Grog had Vax not grabbed her arm pulling her back up. Percy was able to get a few steps in until the ice broke under his foot. He caught himself before he fell in, taking a few steps back.

"Shit! Keyleth, can you, I don't know, be a bird or something?" Percy asked. 

"A bird? How does that help?" 

Scanlan was struggling to stay up from the water, "Anyone?!" A hand reached out from the water about to push his head down until a spear shot through the air, piercing the hand. It was ripped from the rest of the body and pinned to the ice. 

"Whoa!" Scanlan whimpered as an aura of red magic swirled around him, lifting him out of the water. He was brought back to land and with a few feet in the air was dropped on the ground. "Close fucking call," he grunted as Trinket sniffed him, "Oh, which one of you guys saved me?"

"That would be us." Zahra and Kashaw stepped out behind them. "Hello." 

"Kash? Zahra? What are you...," Keyleth began. 

"Osysa thought you might need our help. Obviously, she was right," Kashaw gloated. 

"How generous.....Oh, so generous," the twins retorted.

"Well, at least Antlers here is happy to see me, right?" he smirked. 

Keyleth went into a full-on blush as she twirled her air to distract herself, "Well, yeah. I mean..."

"Nice to see you again too, Warrior Princess."

If looks could kill, then Kashaw would have been dead. Vax was glaring into his soul and mentally throwing his daggers at him. Kashaw quickly picked up on this and his body language toward her. 

"This is going to be fun," He thought.

"Wish I could say the same, Kashaw. But I do remember that you did try to kill us yesterday," Athena deadpanned. Vax felt an unknowing sense of relief when she said that.

"Ah well...yesterday was yesterday and today is today. A fresh start, what do you say?" he struggled giving her a wink.

"We'll see," she simply stated.

"Excuse me but what the shit just grabbed me?" Scanlan cried. 

"Adaro. Fish people. They hunt at dusk. Better wait till morning to find the tomb," Kashaw declared. 

"Oh, you know about the tomb?" Vax continued to glare at him. 

"Oh, we're full of secrets. Which we'd be happy to share... as soon as you make us a campfire," Zahra said as they pointed back away from the water. The sun was about to set but Keyleth was quick on making the fire. Grog also managed to grab a few fish from the lake from the hole he created for them to eat. They all sat around it as Scanlan dried off and ate, waiting for Zahra and Kash's information. 

"The tomb was built for the Matron of Ravens, the Goddess of Death. It enshrines the body of her ancient champion. The highest of her order, striking fear into the hearts of her enemies. His name was Purvan," Kashaw informed. 

Vex spotted out her drink as she laughed, "Perv on?" 

"Last name Pedobear, maybe?" Scanlan suggested causing them all to laugh except for the two newcomers. 

"I mean, you've got to get your perv on," Vax said. 

"Wow. You guys suck," Kash stated. 

"Laugh, but Purvan Suul gave up everything for his god. She won't let her treasures go so easily," Zahra said. 

Vex chuckled as she noticed Zahra holding onto her necklace, "Speaking of treasures, where'd you pick up that beauty?" 

"Oh, this old thing? Well, I had to kill a demon for it. Don't be jealous." 

"Not at all. In fact, we just picked up quite a haul of magical items. Didn't we, Scanlan?" 

"Huh? You mean that shit we took from Gilmore's?" He held up their bag of holding. 

"Yes, obviously, the shit we took from Gilmore's," She grabbed the bag from him dumping out some of the contents. The last thing that fell out was the broom that almost cost Scanlan his life. 

"Ooh, a broom. Marvelous. Oh, you have such a keen eye for value." 

Vex hissed as she exhaled, quietly, "Shut it, Zahra." She threw the bag to Grog who grabbed the belt out he took from Gilmore's.

"Well, that's an interesting and yet chunky belt. What's it do?" Kashaw asked. 

"Uh... hmm," Grog grunted as put the belt on. A magic whirl sounded from it as a beard magically formed on Grog's face. Grog let out a large gasp as he began cackling, "I got a beard!" 

Kash chuckled, "That's all?" 

"I... got... a... beard!" Grog yelled in his face taking a step forward toward him with each word.

"Okay. That... It's awesome." Kash immediately regretted trying to mess with the goliath. Grog let out a low growl before returning back to his seat.  

"Anyway, the Slayer's Take assumed the tomb was destroyed centuries ago. Turns out it's still there," Zahra redirected them. 

"You must be fairly annoyed that Osysa told us about it before you," Percy said pausing from cleaning his gun. Zahra's eyebrow twitched before she regain her normal composure. 

"Hadn't crossed my mind." 

"We better get some sleep. We got some grave-robbing to do tomorrow," Kash stated.

"I'll take the first watch," Athena declared as she went and sat on a stone looking out toward the lake. The group all shared a worried look but went to get settled in for the night. Vax let out a frown as Athena's back was turned to them. She was the first one ready this morning when they left Vasselheim just at the morning break, meaning that she didn't sleep as much as the others. He knew too, that she didn't sleep much when they were in Whitestone, but at the time he contributed it to the attack. 

Vex noticed her brother's worry as well as she approached her, bending down and placing a hand on her shoulder. "I'll take the second watch so you better wake me up," she smiled. Athena's expression didn't change as she replied.

"I will." Vex stood back up, walking back to her brother and letting out a sigh. 

"She'll wake me up for the second," she said as she reached him to not let him worry. He didn't believe his sister fully but took her answer as they headed up towards the trees where Vex would be to take the second watch as well in case of an attack. They sat there in silence until they heard the sound of snoring coming from below them. 

"They followed us. We obviously can't trust them," Vex said. 

"Zahra and Kash? No. And we can't take any more chances tomorrow," he looked down to Athena who just looked out to the open water. He turned back to Vex, "Sister... do not go far from me." 

Vex cupped his left cheek with her hand, "You've been saying that our whole life. I'll be fine." His gaze shifted back toward Athena, his worry brought back.

"Is she okay, brother?"

"No," he stated. "Ever since Whitestone...," he croaked, the memory of her dead in his arm coming back to him, "She hasn't been sleeping. I know she hasn't. And yesterday with the temple and Osysa, it has gotten to her. She told me herself but she isn't ready to say why."

"Does that frustrate you?"

"No...maybe," he sighed, "Only in the sense that I feel like I can do nothing about it. That she is hurting in the meantime."

Vex frowned at his statement. She had felt so guilty that Athena almost died saving her. Something that she could never repay her for. "Get some sleep. I promise it will be okay. We'll be okay," she smiled. Vax gave one last look down at Athena before he nodded, closing his eyes. 

Vax has always been there for her, even when she didn't want him to be. She remembered the day that both she and her brother left Syngorn and their father. Her brother defended her to their father. Something that she never voiced that she was grateful for. 

Vex closed her eyes to get some sleep. After a few hours, she felt a knocking on her tree. She peered down to see Athena standing there at the base. Vex was surprised that Athena actually woke her up. She jumped down silently from the tree as Athena was walking away, grabbing a book from her pouch.

"Athena, wait," Vex whispered, Athena turned around shocked that Vex came down as she thought she was doing her watch from up there. "You are not going to bed, are you?"

Athena looked down at her book, away from Vex. "I-I can't," she admitted, "I have nightmares about my past, but they have been...," she stopped. She couldn't bring herself to say more. That last night she dreamt that she had killed them all as Osysa had shown her. Every night since Whitestone she heard her. The vision or whatever she had when she was out replayed in her dreams. She didn't know what to make of everything. She wanted to sleep, but she couldn't.

"Listen, darling, I know that it is hard to talk about something that has haunted you for some time. I just want you to know we all care, all worried about you. My brother the most and he is beside himself with what to do...Just tell him that if you can."

"I don't want him to worry more."

Vex softly chuckled, "We both know it's too late for that. Really the same goes for any of us." Vex walked up to her placing her hand on her shoulder once again. "We are all here for you when you are ready." Athena let out a small smile as she nodded her head.

"Thank you," she whispered.

"No problem, darling. Can you just go up there with him? I think that will help. I will go take watch at your spot," she suggested.

"Uh, sure." Athena placed the book back in her pouch. Vex went to go take watch as Athena unclasped her armor so that she could climb the tree easier. She scaled the tree, sitting on Vex's original branch across from Vax. She was not as graceful as the twins in climbing so her actions stirred him awake.

"Athena," he murmured as his vision came back.

"I-uh. Can I sleep next to you?" she asked. She meant to ask if she could sleep where she was. Maybe it was her sleep deprivation or her being flustered or a combination of both that caused her to say that. She expected him to say no since it would be highly uncomfortable for him with the limited room and the branch might even break.

Instead, he opened up his arms enough for her size, "Come here," he softly smiled. Athena let out her own smile as carefully went into his arms. He did his best to cover them both up with his cloak. They both settled into each other. Athena felt her eyes droop, sleeping taking over her. As darkness clouded her vision, she felt Vax's lips press to her temple. 

"I love you," he whispered.

Athena slept soundly the rest of the night without a single nightmare.

----------------------------------------

The next morning, Vax woke up with Athena still in his arms. She was tracing his leather armor with her finger. She stopped when she felt him stir.

"Sorry."

Vax chuckled, "Don't be. Did you sleep well last night?"

"I did, actually," she smiled before she frowned. "I usually have nightmares every night of when I was in the Ironamal. When I'm awake, I repress the memories cause logically I know that it wasn't me. They would inject us with some formula that would have the same effect as a charm for a short period of time. But I still have the memories of what I did to...," she stopped, the memories flooding into her brain quickly as recounted them.

"Hey," Vax grabbed her hand. "You are right. You weren't responsible for what they made you do. I'm thankful that you told me a piece of it. You don't have to rush though if you don't want to," he offered.

"I want to tell you all everything so bad. I don't want to keep secrets from you and the group. But it hurts a lot to do so."

"That's okay. We will be here for you every step. I mean we did kill a vampire and a witch for Percy and saved Whitestone. And we are about to face four ancient dragons. So I think we will all be there for you when you need it."

"Thank you, Vax. I appreciate you more every single day," she sincerely said. Despite everything that was going on, her heart was full at this moment. She was actually going off her own instinct, not anything that the book had to offer.

"I do as well, my The," he smiled brightly at her. Below them, they could hear everyone beginning to stir awake. "We best get down before everyone catches us like this," he suggested. A blush came to her cheeks at that thought. The pair came down the tree with Athena putting back on her armor, equipping the rest of her gear. They came upon Vex who was looking out on the lake. She looked up at the pair with a knowing look.

"Did you both sleep well last night?" she smirked. 

"Oh-um, yes. Yes we did," Vax blushed as well as he answered.

"Good," Vex said, "We got a long day ahead and a Purv-on to find."

About 30 minutes later everyone was up. Grog and Scanlan were taking a piss as the rest of them gather around Kashaw, studying a map. 

"We pulled this from the Slayer's Take archives. Now, see if you can follow me," he pointed at the map, "Lake. Tomb."

"Then your map's wrong. Look, the tomb here is upside down," Vax said. 

"Osysa is older than time. She doesn't make mistakes," Zahra state, "Perhaps the tomb... isn't upside down." She began to conjure some magic as she touched the lake. A wave of magic erupted for her finger across the lake. A building in the water glowed in their sight. "Voilà! It's underwater." 

"Right. So I suppose everyone grab a bucket and we'll have this emptied by springtime," Percy retorted. 

"Actually, we were thinking Earth, Wind and Fire here could assist," Kash pointed to Keyleth who just looked in the direction past her. 

"Oh, me? Oh... Um... So, I-I'm not great with water yet," she chuckled nervously. 

"Don't worry. Just use wind. I'll hold it back. Ready?" Zahra said. 

"Mm." Keyleth's staff began to glow as a gust of wind blew all around them. She grunted as she controlled the wind around the water forming a mini tornado picking up the water. The temple was reveled underneath the base as Zahra shot her magic forward. A red glow was holding back the water Keyleth was picking up, both of them grunting from the strain. 

"This is... very cool," Keyleth commented. 

"Everyone down. Now!" Zahra strained. They all rushed down on the now bare lake floor to the tomb. Grog charged at the door but it didn't move. He ran in place as he tried to push the door open. 

"Uh, beardie? This one's a pull," Scanlan said.

"Oh," Grog stopped pulling open the door, "After you." Everyone entered the tomb as Zahra spell faded away sending the water back down on top of them. Grog shut the door before the water reached them, encasing them in darkness.

"Ugh. Smells like fish and death," Keyleth remarked. Pike summoned some light for them in her hand which caused a string of crystals mounted to the wall to light up a path. A mural was craved into the wall depicting a knight with demonic creatures surrounding him.

"Purvan," Vax said.

"Charming," Percy added. Vox Machina headed forward with Kash and Zahra in the back. Water dripped from the ceiling causing there to be pools of it on the floor.

"Keep your eyes sharp. There will be traps, and they will be deadly," Vax announced.

"The deadlier the traps, the richer the reward," Vex stated. 

"Just keep close." 

"Hmm," Grog noticed a brick that was sticking out from the ground, "Oh. Don't wanna trip on this." He stepped on the brick causing a line of axes to come from the walls, almost clipping Vax. He turned around with a sour look on his face staring at Grog. 

"Found a trap," Grog exclaimed. 

They went past the deadly axe swing coming upon a steep incline down. Some of the group slide down the slide. Athena tried her best to carefully walk down the ramp until she slipped on the stones.

"Shit!" she gasped. She felt someone grab onto her to keep from sliding down the rest of the way. "Oh, thank you Va-," she began until she saw it was Kashaw in front of her when expected Vax. 

"Hi. Lucky I was here." 

"Just as lucky as the stone I slipped on," she said, scooting down past him. Kashaw looked to see Vax glaring directly at him. He smirked at him. Grog was doing his best to not fall as well as he gripped the stones on the side. 

"Idiot," Zahra stated as she slid down past him.

 "Whoa-oh...," Grog fell grabbing onto one of the stones. The stone slide down activating some spikes to come out from the walls. Grog fell down the rest of the way avoiding the spikes luckily. "That might've been my fault," he admitted. A wall began coming down on the ramp. 

"No, no, no!" Vex cried as she ran up but the wall came down separating the group into two.

"Vex!" Vax shouted as he slid down to the wall, "Vex! Athena! Pike! Can you hear me?"

"Oh, save your voice. We'll find another way around it. Come on," Kash stated as he began climbing back up the ramp.

"Vex, stay where you are!" his voice was muffled on the other side, "I'm coming!" 

"Well, no use waiting around here," Zahra stated as she continued down the path.

"Guess we're stuck with her," Pike groaned. Grog grunted as well. Vex stared at the wall an uneasy feeling came over her. 

"Vex?" Athena asked.

"Oh-yes. I'm coming," she sullenly said as they went to follow Zahra and the rest of them. Athena felt a sensation come over her head. Not painful, but noticeable.

"Don't go further," the voice spoke in her head. She recognized the voice as she shook it off.

"You can't tell me what to do," she thought back.

"Hold up," Pike stopped them as she shine her light. The bottom of the stairs was filled with water. Zahra, Athena, and Vex went ahead, the water coming up to their waist. 

"Water's...," Pike grunted as she tried to keep her head up,"... A little high." The water around her bubbled as she was lifted up out of the water. 

"Get up there, Pike." Grog smiled as he rest her on his shoulders. 

"Yeah," she chuckled. Athena looked back at them with a smile as the crystal around them began to glow. The path came up allowing them to come above the water. 

"Damn, I make this look good!" Grog exclaimed as he look at his bearded reflection in the water, flexing his muscles.

"Whoo! Yeah, big boy. Yeah! Get that pec bounce," Pike cheered him on as the rest of them continue forward investigating a bloody smear. 

"Well, that's not ancient," Vex stated as she wiped her finger inspecting the blood. 

"It seems something moved into this tomb after it sank," Zahra commented. 

Pike heard a burbling noise as a stench filled her nose causing her to plug her nostrils, "Ugh, Grog, did you just fart?" 

"Like, how recently?" Trinket began to growl, alerting the others. Athena scanned the room looking for the threat. A creature jumped up from the water, grabbing onto Pike before diving back in. 

"Pike?" Grog called as another came up latching onto him. 

"More Adaro!" Zahra cried as another one ran up to her screeching. It slashed at her a few times but Zahra was quick to dodge as she blasted it away from her. Two more adaros ran at Vex and Athena. Vex blocked an attack with her bow before kicking the adaro. Athena spun around its body before she raised her sword with both hands, bringing it down across the adaro's body, and cutting it into two pieces. 

Pike emerged from the water with her armor on, gasping for air as another came in front of her. "Aah!" she screamed as it hissed in her face before it was tackled by Trinket. "Good bear," Pike complimented as Trinket shredded its throat with his teeth, roaring into the air as it's blood ran down his mouth. 

"Aw, shitdicks, they're everywhere!" Pike exclaimed as she two figures coming up from the water. Trinket grabbed onto Pike throwing her onto his back as he ran. "Oh, good fuckin' bear!" 

Grog was fighting a few of the adaros as one slice apart of his beard off with a spear slice. Grog gasped as the hair fell into the water. "Not the beard," he roared as the hair grew back. He went into a bloody rage slicing all the adaros around him. A hungry look filled his eyes. 

Zahra slammed one of them into grabbed as she blasted its head off as another tackled her onto the ground. As Zahra struggled against the fish creature, three arrows landed into its head. She tossed the creature off as Vex stood a few feet away.

"That was a close one, darling." A moment over her was short-lived as she was pulled away by another across the water. Zahra sent a blast out, exploding the adaro into pieces freeing Vex and coughing the water out of her lungs. 

"Wasn't that close," Zahra smirked. The sound of swords clashing turned their attention to Athena who was surrounded by the creatures along with their brethren's bodies. She was slicing them done but more kept coming at her.

"If you two are done over there, proving who is better, can I get some help?"

"Sorry," the two apologized as they rushed over to help her.

Pike was smacking down the adaro as she rode on Trinket's back. They both stopped to noticing Grog repeatedly stabbing down into one of the adaro. Their body was a pile of mush as laugh manically covered in their blood.  

"Grog? Wha...?" Pike and Trinket were blasted into the air by water. The water around Grog came up and pushed him into the ceiling. 

"Trinket!" Vex exclaimed. Athena pulled her back behind a stone as a blast of water was shot toward them. An adaro with a staff stood at the end of the path.

"And they've got a mage. Last one's always the toughest. But don't worry, I'll save you," Zahra panted. 

"Bullshit! I'll save you," Vex stated.

"You both can save me! How about that? Now can we kill it," Athena offered. The two of them nodded. Vex and Zahra ducked out of the cover to shot at the creature who just brought up a wall of water blocking the attack. 

"Damn," Vex grunted. The mage sent spirals of water toward them. The trio bobbed, jumped, and weaved through currents. Vex notched an arrow, preparing to release it as she noticed they were standing on water. 

"Shit!" They all screamed as they were forced up, surrounded by water. Their screams were muffled as they essentially drowning in the current. The mage laughed at them as it water filled began to fill their lungs until a dagger flew hitting him in the shoulder. He lost his hold on the spell forcing to water to fall. The trio fell to the ground in a water heap. The mage growled turning his attention to the newcomers. 

"Vex'ahlia! Athena!" Vax shouted. The mage sent a water blast to them in retaliation. 

"Shit! Jump on! " Scanlan called as he strummed down his lute summoning his purple hand. They all jumped on as the hand dodged the blast. Kash was caught in the current, flying him off the hand. "Oop. Yeah, he fell off." 

The mage sent another blast to them. Keyleth let out a yell as sent a blast of air to deflect the water. "Come on! Stupid... water!" The blast went through causing them all to be sucked into their own water pillar.  The mage chuckled at his work. 

Until an arrow went right through his head. 

The rest of them fell down to the ground as the spell stopped. The mage growled weakly as his body fell onto the floor with a thud. 

"All yours, Trinket," Vex said as she wiped the blood off her face, holding up the adaro's body to him. Trinket took a whiff of the body, growling out in disgust. Athena lifted her armor up and water fell out of it as she walked up to them.

"You're right, there's nothing worse than bad fish, Trinket," Athena said patting her head causing him to curl up next to her.

"Vex! Athena! Are you hurt?" He ran up to them, placing an arm on both of them, and inspecting them quickly.

"Stop worrying about us. We're fine. Plus we are two total badasses. Right, The?" Vex asked.

"Sure," she chuckled. 

"Pike, we need to press on. There could be more of them," Percy called out to Pike who was helping Grog out of the ruble. Though Grog seemed to get out all on his own. 

"Wait. Where are Kash and Zahra? We can't leave without them," Keyleth noticed. 

"No fucking way," Vex gasped.

"They ditched us," Vax stated.

"More reason to head there now," Athena said as they rushed forward. The entered another room that was filled with bones of adaro piled together. Several statues lined the room with the largest statue belonging to the Raven Queen, Athena presume. 

"Whoa. Looks like some kinda fish orgy," Grog commented. 

"Mm, I've tried that. It's pretty good," Scanlan remarked causing Grog to laugh while Pike just groaned out of annoyance.

"Ignore them. Let's find the vestige," Vex said. 

"Wait," Vax stopped her, "Let me give it a look first." He went to forward to investigate the room.

"Mm...," Grog noticed an emblem that looked like it could be pushed in. His hand slowly reached out for it until his hand was slapped away. 

"Grog! For fuck's sake!" Pike gasped. 

"Huh? What's that?" Keyleth pointed out a hole in the ground, stepping towards it.

"No," Vax sighed, "Everyone just stay put. Don't step on anything. Don't pull anything. Don't... do anything." Vax walked over to hole, checking for any traps near it. Satisfied, he motioned the group towards him. "Pickle, I'll need your light." Pike held onto her symbol as she cast down a ball of light in the hole. In the corner, Vax could faintly see some type of mural.

"Something's down there."

With the never-ending rope tied around him, Grog started to lower Vax down into the hole.  

"Hey. Don't keep all the loot for yourself," Vex said. 

"No promises," he chuckled.

"Promise to be safe though. And you better call up if you need anyone," Athena stated as she crouched down next to him. 

"I will, I promise," he said as he lowered down into the hole. Athena backed away from it. She knew if she stood too close and looked down she was just going to fall into it. 

Athena felt a slight rumbling on the ground as she looked back behind her. Percy, Trinket, and Vex seemed to have found Purvan's sarcophagus. Vex had inspected it as they pushed the lid off. Athena took a few steps towards them, curious about what they were doing.

"You need to stop them!"

Athena's head rang loudly, paining her this time. It was like someone had rattled her brain. She grabbed her head and the pain intensified. 

"What?" she whimpered. She didn't understand.

"Stop them. It's her trap!"  The voice rang out loudly. Athena was sure that someone else had to be hearing this but everyone else look unbothered by everything. Athena bent down from the excruciating pain causing Vex to look over at her. 

"The?... Stop. We need to wait for my brother," she told Percy as he reached down into the coffin. A glow emerged from the sarcophagus as a dark pool of energy gathered above it.

"No!"

A body dropped down to the ground, the life faded from their eyes. 

-----------------------------------------

Cliffhanger! Dun-Dun-Dun.

Who will it be? 

I can't wait for your reactions to this chapter and the next one. 

I actually quite proud of this one and also cried again having to watch the episode. Liam O'Brien's acting in this one was phenomenal. 

See you next time!

Maybe...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 410 32
"i once believed love would be burning red; but it's golden like daylight." [Seven half-bloods shall answer the call. To storm or fire the world must...
8.6K 157 31
a Holy cleric, a treasure loving ranger, a nervous mage, a clever rogue, a seductive barb, a barbarian half-giant, a royal with a dark past and a fo...
1.2K 30 5
Thor the god of thunder is dead... murdered by the herald's of ragnarok, the goroth twins y/n thorson, the eldest son of thor sets out into the worl...
1.8K 59 8
The Heart of Olympus, also known as Valentina Morrigan Blackwell. There is nobody as resilient, protective or chaotic as her. Aphrodite's daughter wa...