While We're Young.

By leighleeblanco

No, you know I cannot hide it 'cause I am so excited ...That I finally decided on you Started: 3.21.23 More

WHILE WE'RE YOUNG
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 8.5
Chapter 9
WWYāœØ
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Appreciation šŸ„¹
WWY āœØ
Chapter 12
Chapter 12.5
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 16.5
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Update ??
Part II : While We're Young

Chapter 1

7.1K 281 78
By leighleeblanco

"DAMN ROCKY!"Amoura, Aspen's friend, winched while furrowing her eyebrows, addressing her by her childhood nickname.

Aspen looked at her and chuckled. Her & Amoura had been friends since sandbox days so she was used to her dramatic antics.

Analyzing her work Aspen firmly pressed into her newly smooth bikini line "You do this every time sis, you'll be aiight stop being a baby" She giggled.

Aspen stretched the skin of Amoura's inner thigh before reaching for the wooden stick inside of the melted wax. She noticed a few hair follicles that she needed to go over and clean up.

She was giving her friend her monthly vaginal wax. One day she was bored and saw some influencer diy their own wax on tiktok. Aspen thought she had nothing to loose and a great skill to gain so she tried it out. It was easy for her to catch on and she's been giving her and her home girl waxes ever since; she kept up with doing them to save a coin and that's what she was all about.

"You know my pain tolerance low asshole"she fake pouted at her friends insensitive remark.

"Anyways you heard about what happened to Mira & them" Amoura said.

Aspen paused trying to recollect if she heard any new drama. It honestly was always something going on in the hood and she never really did keep up with the neighborhood drama. She minded her business but she loved getting the tea.

"Nah but it's always something, what happened now," Aspen urged shaking her head.

"So you know how I went down south street ALONE with my sister right?"Amoura teased,

Aspen nodded her head smirking at her shady comment.

She was beyond tired from her shift the previous day and Moo begged her all day to go out with her. In different circumstances she'd be down for the get down but she didn't have it in her to go out this time. Being so she kindly declined the outing.

"Well, the jawn Mira was down there too acting the fuck up, I mean she was drunk asshit damn near got arrested!" Amoura said, while pulling out her phone to show her friend the videos from Instagram, "here look" .

Aspen looked at the phone seeing a drunken girl yelling, and twerking in front of Fat Tuesday's with a wig in her hand swaying back and fourth.

Not being able to contain her laugher, she cackled, "she was on all bullshit Moo, but that's not bad. Sis was just living" She shrugged. Aspen didn't see what was so wrong with the girl just having fun. In her opinion everybody should wild out once in a while.

"Ye-Yeah that's cool and all bu-but THAT'S NOT HER WIG ROCKY" Amoura snickered

"OHHH MYYY GAAAWDDD! Noo fucking way! Who the fuck wig was it? And where shawty at" She gasped. Aspen could not believe what she just heard. She knew from the way the story was beginning it's gon be some wild shit; and she was well prepared to eat it all up.

"Sis it was some random girl who was down there wig. They was arguing or whatever and shawty had turned around to walk off. I lie to you not before she could get a step in Mira drunk ass snatched the damn girl wig off and hauled ass in the street twerking with it and shit"

"That's some ghetto as shit" Aspen replied pinched her lips together turning them to the side.

"I know but bro that's not even the best part. Shawty was so embarrassed she just walked off screaming how she was gon go get her folks. Now I'm assuming shawty not from here because personally...I wouldn't let nobody play with me like that"

"Yeah, You right about that. Ain't no way in hell—she talking bout getting her peoples I would've had to handle that right then and there" Rocky snapped scrunching her face in disapproval.

See the way Aspen was raised she was taught to always handle her business then and there. Never let nobody play her like she was a bitch.

Whoop ass first. Worry about the repercussions and shit later. She couldn't fathom walking away after somebody just blatantly disrespected her.

"Yo I said the same shit bro, but you know how Mira is. She don't care about nothing. She was still twerking in the street screaming go get 'em and shit thinking shawty was sweet."

Aspen shook her head averting her eyes to the wax as she rolled it onto the stick waiting for her to proceed.

"So I say about ten minutes went by; Mira and her lil crew was still in front of Fat Tuesdays chillin. Chillin hard like they had forgotten all about shawty. Tell me why I look over my shoulder and see the jawn walkin up with about 3 big stocky ass bitches. Now mind you Mira and them in they own world not even peeping what's about to go down" she emphasized with wide eyes.

"Damn bitch hurry up spit it out! What happen next, shit!?!?" Aspen yelled impatiently. She just knew it was about to get good.

"Okay Okay Okay. So she goes over there and start tapping Mira shoulder to get her attention. She indeed did turn around but the mug on her face was vicious. I mean she was glaring at the poor girl. I just knew she was about to pop fly but I'm guessing she peeped them big ass gorilla bitches she had with her and chose wisely. Mind you she still got the girl wig in her hand...Why shawty ask for her wig back? Now I'm just standing in the corner waiting to see what's gon happen. Tell me why Mira humm that girl wig like she played for the eagles—after that, it was like all hell broke loose. Shawty did some evil ass laugh and just start rockin Mira shit. I mean she was from here with it—MINK MINK MINK MINK" Amoura said whilst shadow boxing the air.

Aspen couldn't do nothing but laugh. Moo was definitely a character. The situation was funny but Amoura telling the story just made it 10x better.

"Damn, so Mira crew ain't ride? I could never let my friend get beat on like that in front of me." She states honestly.

Aspen lived for the saying one swing we all swing she couldn't imagine standing sidelines while somebody beat on someone she call her friend. Her logic was in street fights it's no rules so it's whatever goes and that's how she rocked.

"Sis, them bitches ain't get a chance too. Remember she had the big jawns with her? Before they could even THINK about touching shawty they was on their asses like lightening, giving em that work! I'm in the street like BOB AND WEAVE! BOB AND WEAVE!" Amoura chuckled reminiscing the scene from that night.

"Well goddamnnnn, where that video at?" She questioned, slightly disappointed she didn't go out that night. Aspen huffed knowing she loved a good hood jam.

"Bro the shit happened so fast I couldn't even get my phone out & it ended even quicker. Nut ass cops came outta nowhere, so you know that was my que to go. But I was on meer live earlier...why the hell Mira ass on that bitch with some big ass shades on talmbout she wan rumble again & how shawty snuck her" she scoffed rolling her eyes.

Now this is where Aspen knew the story was getting weird. Everybody knew once you took it too Meer it was up. Meer was known all around Philly for his antics, he was for the mess, shade, and tea. If you wanted to get at somebody that's exactly who you'd reach out too.

"I was on that jawn like why in the hell she fraudin', she act like she ain't start with her. I swear people just can't take their L with grace" an annoyed Amoura gritted.

"This shit is really the bid, so did they ever get the shawty name or like did the link or whatever" Aspen asked while searching for her tweezers to finish up the wax.

"Bro they found the girl, got her on the live and all, she told Mira to send the addy and they was gon pull up later on, supposedly she had business to handle—actually they should be fighting soon I don't know but it's gon be on the block and I know you don't get into allat but imma keep you updated"

Nodding her head in agreement, Aspen pulled the ingrown hairs on her friend's thighs, before applying the oil,

"what time you go in tonight?" She curiously asked, being as though Amoura was so in tune with this fight she couldn't possibly be working later.

It was like Amoura's eyes lit up instantly," Hell yeah girl, it's gon be busy tonight, it's that fine nigga seemy birthday, I just KNOW he dropping a bag" Amoura gleefully replied thinking about how much money she was gon go home with.

Aspen annoyingly huffed " I just hope that's all, you know them niggas bring drama and nobody got time for that. I'm tryna get this money and go home in one piece...LITERALLY."

Truth be told Aspen knew all about the hood famous Seemy and his folks. He was a typical poppin dopeboy & she did not want any hood nonsense happening on her shift. They known for poppin bottles and tipping well but also slanging drugs and dropping bodies. She did not have time for the bullshit.

"Yeah, you right about that sis I love my life" Amoura retorted holding her chest, nodding her head up and down.

Aspen shook her head laughing because she knew her friend was just like her. They both loved a good time but loved their life even more.

" Ard mamas I'm done" she stated while grabbing the body oil to apply to Amouras freshly waxed vajayjay.

Admiring her fresh wax, the wheels in Amoura head started turning, "I'M GETTING RIPPED TONIGHT RIP THA—"

"AHHHT AHHHT" Aspen scolded cutting her friend off, "You know you gotta wait at least 24 hours" she grits through her teeth before busting out laughing looking at Amoura face immediately fall into a pout.

"Mmtch, whatever" she shrugged pulling up her shorts, both of them already knowin she gon do what she wan do anyway "I'm about to get up outta here and get ready for tonight,"Amoura says grabbing her telfy and keys.

"Okay boo I'll see you tonight be safe" Aspen replies while going too walk her out.

" Love you, you too" , " Love you too babes" They gushed while hugging,

Aspen closed the door thinking how crazy her friend is but wouldn't change her for the world.

Raising her wrist to check the time on her Apple Watch, "Hmm lemme take a quick nap and then I'll get dressed for work imma just set an alarm" she yawned before heading to her bedroom.

BEEEP BEEEP BEEEP

Aspen heard, still groggy from waking up she fumbled around in her bed looking for the nuisance waking her from her deep slumber.

•••

BEEP BEEEP BEEEEP

"Where the fuck is the fucking phone at" she groaned finally finding the device, tapping the stop button on her screen.

Through squinted eyes she sees the time, making her jump up "SHIT! I'm going to be late" she whines, rushing to her closet to find a quick outfit.

Searching through her wardrobe she settles on a cute short black latex lace up dress.

Scanning her purse collection, she finds a pink small shoulder bag too pair, glancing at her reflection in the mirror "mhmmmm period" she says, swiping under her chin in approval of her fit.

Being satisfied with her appearance she grabs her phone quickly snapping a flick before reaching for her keys.

Sprinting out the house, the humid air quickly filled her lungs, sun beaming almost instant it began to smother her brown skin as she made her way towards her 2017 Nissan Altima.

Quickly opens the car door, remembering she's on a time crunch she puts the key in the ignition, starting it up preparing for her short journey to work.

"It's quiet asshit in here" she grunts picking up her phone to go to her car playlist.

Aspen dreads quiet car rides. It always make her uneasy, she loves a good car concert to ease her mind. It was her bit of peace within all the chaos.

Sounds of Pnb Rock's My City Need Something blast through her car speakers making her relax while focusing her attention on the road.

Lightly tapping the steering wheel humming along, the music abruptly stops causing her face to frown, looking at her phone she saw her father name on the screen.

"He always call at the worst times" Aspen grumpily states, irritated that her music had stopped, she decided she'll return his call later.

Knowing him he didn't want anything important and they spoke daily, It's been only him and Aspen since her mother died when she was younger; her father has been her leading light ever since.

At times she did think he was a bit tough on her and she didn't get to experience things a girl being raised by her mother would, he tried his hardest to make sure she never felt different from the rest of the kids that still had their mother around.

She'd grown to appreciate her father on a higher level of admiration being as though he went from a full time kingpin to stay at home dad with ease, she wouldn't change him for anything in the world.

Letting out a sigh of relief when her music resumed, she continued cruising down the bustling streets of philly.

•••

As Aspen pulls into the parking lot for her job, The Tab. She notices a plethora of cars, sighing to herself already knowing it's going to be a busy night.

Turning off her car, she puts her keys inside her purse, opening the door walking towards the building.

Passing the line of people waiting for entry sending them slight smiles, she makes her way towards the entrance where she spots her favorite security guard, Dame.

He was her favorite because he always made sure she was good whenever she worked, he even had to put a few niggas in they place. He don't play when it comes to Aspen and she loved that, even though she could handle her own, the thought that someone cared for her & not just themselves in a city like Philly made her heart warm.

"What's good Dame" She greeted him with a toothy smile.

"Shit, Wassup witchu' I didn't know you worked tonight" he stated bringing her into a hug.

"Oh you know me, when the bag call I come a running" she exclaimed sticking her tongue out.

"Oh Ard Ard Ard, I can dig it, but if you need me you know where I'm at" he said while chuckling.

"Mhmm bet" she replied before walking inside.

Once she got inside the club, Aspen ears were immediately flooded with the sounds of loud music and the scent of sweat and alcohol filling her nostrils. Even though this was nothing new to her, she always was caught off guard when she got to work. She isn't exactly a people person so instead she just tried to imagine them all as dollar signs. She started doing her nightly scan of everyone seeing if it's any of her regular big spenders was out. Rocky hoped it wasn't many penny pinchers in tonight.

"Damn did niggas forget the capacity limit" she mumbled to herself maneuvering through the crowd of people to get too the bar. Upon reaching the bar Aspen looked out on the floor at all the bodies flowing effortlessly to the music, dancing their lives away, she enjoyed seeing people have fun, being carefree. One of the reasons she picked this job plus she knew she could make fast money and she was one hell of a mixologist.

—"ROOOOOCKKKKKKKKKY" she heard, breaking her away from her thoughts. Already knowing who it was from the high pitched voice she turned around smiling at her Bestfriend Moo.

"Wassup Moo, you just got here" she questioned while wiping down the bar counter with the disinfectant wipes.

"Yes Ma'am, it's definitely jumping tonight. I mean I know it was gon be packed but not like this sheesh." Amoura replied walking towards her with glasses in her hand.

Aspen just hummed in agreeance. Being as though her and Amoura have been working at the club as bartenders for little over a year, they were used to it be slam packed with patrons. It wasn't a regular occurrence for the club to be over capacity. She knew because of the booking tonight it would be a lot of people but it was far more than she imagined. Aspen didn't think he could bring the city out like this but shockingly he did.

Deciding too look on the brighter side of things, she'd look at tonight as that bag was gon be looking right instead of how tired she'll be by the end of the night. Knowing she'd rather be restless than broke.

"Yo lemme get a double shot of henny" a guy screamed getting my attention over the loud music, "yeah i gotchu' Aspen responded cheerily grabbing the Hennessy bottle to pour up his drink.

When she finished making his drink, she slid it towards him saying," Aiight, here you go that'll be sixteen dollars", hearing him suck his teeth in response, she glares at the guy, hoping he wasn't gon try to argue with her about the price of a drink.

Rolling her eyes she spat," Is it a problem? Its only sixteen dollars bro"

She never understood how people could go out, specifically to a nightclub and want to be cheap, too her if you want to have fun you have to spend money, if you can't afford it simply stay yo broke ass in the house.

Feeling his face heat up in embarrassment he quickly chuckled trying to play it off "Nah here and keep the change ma, you seem like you need it" he said throwing the twenty on the counter speed walking away.

Appalled at his sassy remark she turned to Moo snaring,"these niggas gon blow me tonight"

"Girlaa he said you seem like you need it ahaaaahaa" Amoura squealed in fit of laughter slapping her thigh.

"Akeekeekee bitch, go bust some tables"

"And will, see ya...BUM" she giggled running off before Aspen could grab her.

•••

As the night continues Aspen notices Seemy & his people walk in, it was as like everyone just knew to move out there way, she roll her eyes in annoyance thinking who did them niggas think they was the migos.

"Look girl look, that's Seemy fine ass right there" Amoura walks up to her saying w hills wiggling her eyebrows.

"Bro I see em, he ain't even allat" Aspen replied truthfully. She didn't care too much to gawk over him, she wasn't on that type time. Only thing she was interested in was how many bottles he wanted & how much him and his folks was going to tip.

"Well, he fine asshit to me. Loosen up some dickhead, it's that drought you going through got you acting like this " she retorted putting her hands on her hip.

"Girl bye, whatever" she snaps shrugging her off knowing that she is partly correct about her being in a drought but that has nothing to do with the situation.

Looking towards the group of men she notices a fine chocolate specimen in the corner of the section, ducked off to himself. She couldn't help but get lost in his features, from his plump lips to his crisp hairline.She couldn't see much in the low lights of the club but she definitely knew god took his time with him.

"Damn bitch can he get his face back" Amoura joked, giving Aspen a knowing look.

"Moo I don't know what your talking about" she quickly replies while stacking empty glasses to busy herself. Confused at why she was just hypnotized by the sexy stranger.

Deciding to take one last glance she noticed him standing recording Seemy smiling, which in turn made her smile thinking about how his smile reminded her of sunshine on a cloudy day, quickly snapping back into reality she turned away wiping the smile from her face.

"𝘎𝘪𝘳𝘭 𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘪𝘯'𝘵 𝘯𝘰 𝘨𝘰𝘰𝘥! 𝘠𝘰𝘶 𝘯𝘦𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘨𝘦𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘧𝘶𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳...𝘋𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘮𝘢𝘯 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘢𝘭𝘭 𝘰𝘯 𝘸𝘰𝘰𝘥 𝘭𝘶𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘩𝘪𝘮, 𝘤𝘭𝘦𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘺 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘤𝘢𝘶𝘴𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘥𝘪𝘤𝘬 𝘥𝘦𝘱𝘳𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘥, 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘩𝘦 𝘢𝘪𝘯'𝘵 𝘴𝘩𝘪𝘵 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘣𝘺 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘩𝘦 𝘸𝘪𝘵𝘩. 𝘚𝘵𝘰𝘱 𝘱𝘭𝘢𝘺𝘪𝘯 𝘣𝘪𝘵𝘤𝘩"

Aspen grabs more glasses to stack, shaking her head reflecting on her talk with herself.

Feeling eyes burn into the back of her head she looks and her eyes meet with Amouras, whose face was plastered with a huge grin, giving it away that she caught me staring at that man yet again.

"Don't say a damn word" Aspen jokingly cautioned with her finger pointed in her face.

"Whatever you sayyyyyy Aspennnn" she teased with her arms raised walking backwards.

•••
𓂀 𝓛𝒾𝒶 𓂀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

668K 26.7K 33
š‹šØšÆšž'š¬ š šØš§š§šš š šžš­ š²šØš® š¤š¢š„š„šžš, š›š®š­ š©š«š¢ššž'š¬ š šØš§š§šš š›šž š­š”šž ššžššš­š” šØšŸ š²šØš® ššš§š š¦šž. #1 in URBAN-26/08...
587K 26.1K 41
"š˜¢š˜Æš˜µš˜øš˜°š˜Æš˜¦ š˜“š˜µš˜°š˜± š˜§š˜¶š˜¤š˜¬š˜Ŗš˜Æ' š˜±š˜­š˜¢š˜ŗš˜Ŗš˜Æ' š˜øš˜Ŗš˜µ' š˜®š˜¦ š˜°š˜Æ š˜§š˜°š˜¦š˜Æš˜¦š˜®"
872K 40.8K 37
i have waited lifetimes to find you.
6.3K 422 8
"I did it all for love.. I did all of this sober, How'd I get here?"