Eighteen Candles (you will re...

Από ViennaBailey

Billie and Flynn have been best friends since they were six years old. Their friendship is simple, the only r... Περισσότερα

prelude
1.
2.
3.
4.
5.
6.
7.
8.
9.
11.
12.
13.
14.
15.
16.
17.
18.
19.
20.
21.
22.
23.
24.
25.
26.
27.
28.
29.
30.
31.
32.
33.
34.
35.
36.
37.
38.
39.
40.
41.
42.
43.
44.
45.
46.

10.

1.8K 24 2
Από ViennaBailey

Billie

„Ginny and Alex, you get abortion as a topic. Talk about how people criticize it and tell us your own opinion," my teacher Miss Roman says. Since a girl in my year gave birth to her first born one month ago, the teachers on my school went crazy about enlightening us about all the responsibility a child brings with it.

They keep assigning us to projects or let us make our own ones. Like today. Miss Roman is currently partnering us all up and assigns some topic all around pregnancy, well more teenage pregnancy. She believes, if we research and talk about all this by ourself and present it to the others, it will be more effective.

I don't care about how we get to have this talk about sex and everything. As long as no boy transfers one of his little ones into my womb, I will just sit here and watch everyone laugh about this whole topic like we're still five year olds. No, really, they act like everyone at this school isn't fucking around with each other.

"Next we have Chris and Billie with how to deal with teen pregnancy and children at your age," Miss Roman announces. I turn my head to the left and catch Chris smiling at me.

At some other point of my life I would have smiled back or raise my brows or gave him some kind of weird face, anything else than just turning my face away shyly. I've always been pretty confident. I know my worth and I know how to flirt with guys but Chris makes something different, it's different with him. I don't know why though, he's not the first good looking guy, who smiled at me.

The bell rings just as Miss Roman announces the last pair and their topic. I pack my stuff and get of my chair. Just when I am about to leave the classroom, Chris stops me by yelling after me, "Billie!" He approaches me and we walk out of the classroom together.

"A project together huh? Lucky me, being here just for a week and directly getting assigned with such a beautiful girl," he says, bringing back my nervousness again. God what even is this and where the hell did it came from?!

I don't know what to say, so I just smile and look at him. At least I am still able to make eye con- Ah, forget about that, I can't even do that anymore. I move my eyes away from his' and start to play with my fingers. What is wrong with you? "I hope you prepared yourself to work with me, cause-"

"Bill Bill and Chrissy, my friends," Julien interrupts me and throws his arms around my and Chris's shoulder. He's grinning from one ear to another and I thank Julien for interrupting me before I could have said something embarrassing, not saying it out loud though. "I see you two are getting along just well. And I was scared Chris would have difficulties because he's younger than me and can't be assigned to my year. But I see, you're taking him in just well," Julien adds smirking.

I roll my eyes at the sexual meant comment. "Julien, you should be careful about making those comments or I will make them happen," I tell him, smirking at him. Well, that's more Billie like.

I think I just heard Chris's jaw drop to the floor. Looking at him again, I feel my confidence flying away again. How is that even possible, the second I look at him, I get week in the knees and forget about every little cocky words, which are normally overloading my head.

"Well, gentlemen, I am sorry to say so but I have to go, there is a special lady waiting for me to come back to her, after leaving her for the last class," I tell the guys in front of me and take Julien's arm off my shoulder.

"Hey, before you go, can I have your number? For project purposes of course," Chris says, a little smile playing on his lips.

Julien nods his head slowly, his arms crossed in front of his chest. "Sure, for project purposes only," he says smirking again. At least he tries to hide it, not doing it well though.

"Uhm, sure," I say and take Chris's phone from him. I insert my number and write my name on top of the contact. I give it back to him and turn away from them, waving in goodbye.

...

"Well, is he pretty?" Kora asks me, stacking some cleaned plates and putting them into the cupboard. Kora and I always give us updates about our days and what happened. Especially on Mondays, because I don't work on weekends and often have a lot to tell. Mostly because of parties Julien threw.

"I already told you, he's drop dead gorgeous and his voice, ugh, so deep and soft-"

"Yeah, calm down, you horny girl, or you gonna end up like me and Liam can be godfather to your child," Kora says, shaking her head with a soft smile on her lips. Sorting cleaned cups into the cupboard, she says, "but that wasn't my question, Billie. I asked you, if you think he's pretty. Like a pretty personality."

I lean note the kitchen counter and furrow my forehead. "I don't want a pretty personality. I want a wild one, a cocky one and confident and sexy-"

"Believe me, Sweety, we all need a guy, who's not just wild, cocky, confident and sexy. We need one, who appreciates us like we are and with who we can be who we are. You need to be the best form of yourself, not him," with that she leaves the kitchen, leaving me thinking.

I don't want to judge Chris for anything I don't know yet. Still, I want to keep Kora's words inside my head. I trust in her opinion.

"Bills! How nice to see you in my kitchen," Elias greets me, touching my arms slightly, by walking around me. I smile at him.

"Next time you want me outside of here, just say so. No need to charm me first," I joke and raise my hands in defense. Elias let's out a laugh and I leave the kitchen smiling.

Outside just some people are sitting at the tables, looking at the menu carts. We opened like half an hour ago, in an hour this place will probably be crazy busy again. I enjoy the small period of time we just have some customers. I can walk around without being in a rush or bumping into other people.

"Let's get into it," Kora says and we both start taking orders.

Two hours passed and just like I assumed it to be, the place is crowded with people by now and I don't know if I want to hate myself for wearing heeled boots or love myself for it. Cause because of the boots I can see where I am going, since I am a bit taller with them, but also cause of the boots my feet hurt pretty bad.

"Billie, table 6!" Jeff yells from the other side of the room and I just give him thumbs up, turning my head towards the table and I think my jaw just dropped to the floor and maybe it good glued down there.

At table six are sitting 5 people. Three of them from my school and the other two, I don't know. The three girls from my school are Gemma and her two minions and the boys are probably their newest victims.

I sigh and walk towards the table. In my head I repeat the same words over and over again. It's just a girl. She's insecure about herself. She doesn't know what to do with her life. It's just a girl. And most importantly. Do not punch her in the face, Billie!

"Hello and welcome to Jeff's! What can I do for you?" I ask as soon as I reached their table. I tip onto my little notebook with my pen, waiting for them to order something. The two boys I don't know are just looking at me, their eyes gleaming with hornyness.

"Billie Adams, I almost forgot you're working here!" Gemma greets me fake smiling. "Long time no seen. I almost forgot how you look in person," she adds, looking me up and down, just as the boys next to her do.

"Gemma, you can see this crowded place here, right? You must guess, I'm pretty busy right know, which means, to be clear, extra for you, I don't have time for this way too long conversation we're already having. I'm just here to take your order and then never speak to you again," I say, not even trying to make my smile look real.

"And you two," I say, pointing between the two boys with my pen. "Stop moving your eyes all over my body. It's disgusting."

Now one of Gemma's minions speaks up, "We'd like to have five smoothies. One banana split, one strawberry cherry, one lemon apple, one chocolate and a double chocolate."

I try to write down everything she said in a speed up pace. There's no way I'll spend one more second than necessary, standing in front of this table. I walk back to the kitchen, squeezing myself around the people. I give Elias the note and walk to the next table, that is ready to order.

Luckily, Kora brought the order to Gemma's table and I didn't have to talk to her again my whole shift but I can't get the feeling off, that she was watching me the whole time she was at Jeff's. I'm just glad, she walked out of her half an hour ago. Currently, I am packing my stuff, ready to leave.

Kora approaches me smiling. "I wish you much luck with your project and the guy, Billie," she says, widening her arms for a hug. I embrace her offer smiling.

"Thank you and I will look for his pretty personality," I tell her. I throw my bag around my shoulder and walk towards the door.

"But you will se that sometimes the boys, we think are perfect, are just not perfect for us. Don't blinden your eyes, Billie. Don't make the same mistakes I did. Sometimes we have to do things for ourselves, without pleasing others," Kora adds and walks away.

I furrow my brows and leave the café. And again, there's standing a familiar Pick Up on the driveway. I walk closer to it and bang on the window. It goes down slowly and the cocky grin of Blake Evans lightens up in front of me. "Hello there, Biscuit," he says, his voice still rough and deep.

I roll my eyes. "Any chance you will hand me your keys and let me drive this car?" I ask him smirking.

"Nope. Any chance you won't argue about not letting me give you a ride home?"

"Nope."

I think at least two minutes pass in which we just look each other ein the eyes and say nothing. I don't know when exactly this started but lately it's been weird with him. We don't ignore each other as often as we do normally and it's bugging me.

I just turn around and walk away. The Pick Up follows me slowly. I guess this is how it will be now. Him asking me to give me a ride home after work, me saying no unless I am allowed to drive and him bringing me home anyway by driving after me.

And I don't know how to feel about that yet.

...

I am so sorry for posting this late but I just finished my last exam for this year yesterday. So there will definitely be more updates from now one!!

Also I finished writing a very interesting chapter a few days ago and I am already very excited for you guys to read it. Be prepared, from there on a lot is going to happen🤭

I hope you still like the book so far! And thank you for all the support!! I hope you all are doing great!!
<3

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

1.2K 57 30
Owen and Sarah were best friends, their mutual distaste solidifying their bond. Then Sarah got hurt and Owen couldn't pretend he didn't care anymore...
433 126 8
[Childhood best friends to enemies to lovers] Mavae and Will have shared an unbreakable bond since the tender age of six, a childhood friendship that...
2K 33 22
Lily Willson is a normal teenage girl. She has an older sister and parents who work everyday. She isn't popular at school, but has one friend Natan...
130K 3.7K 37
Sofia is an ordinary girl, trying to live her life as normally as possible. Being a teen in high school isn't easy for her. Especially finding her pl...