𝐂𝐎𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐂 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 ! [ rhy...

By midnight_ink_

❛ a falling star fell from your heart and landed in my eyes ❜ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ "How . . ." She was at a loss... More

𝐂𝐎𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐂 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 !
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄 , 𝐀𝐂𝐎𝐓𝐀𝐑 !
𝐢. christmas cheer !
𝐢𝐢. the spring court ?
𝐢𝐯. kitchen mishaps !
𝐯. a ride with a demon !
𝐯𝐢. the suriel !
𝐯𝐢𝐢. the truth ( sort of ) !
𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. tamlin sucks at flirting !
𝐢𝐱. amarantha's first strike !
𝐱. bonding time !
𝐱𝐢. night in shining armor !
𝐱𝐢𝐢. angels and faeries !
𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. the solstice !
𝐱𝐢𝐯. high lord of the night court !
𝐱𝐯. family trees !
𝐱𝐯𝐢. amarantha's plaything !
𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢. child of faerie and angel !
𝐱𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. a sadistic genie !
𝐱𝐢𝐱. the first task !
𝐱𝐱. give and take !
𝐱𝐱𝐢. love and lust !
𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢. upwards and onwards !
𝐱𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. welcome home !
𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎 , 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍 !
𝐢. nightmares and daydreams !
𝐢𝐢. welcome to velaris !
𝐢𝐢𝐢. the city of starlight !
𝐢𝐯. pieces of history !
𝐯. rita's !
QUICK QUESTION (will be removed)
𝐯𝐢. drunken memories !

𝐢𝐢𝐢. welcome , feyre !

2.7K 137 19
By midnight_ink_

𝐂 𝐎 𝐒 𝐌 𝐈 𝐂   𝐋 𝐎 𝐕 𝐄   !

𝙲 𝙷 𝙰 𝙿 𝚃 𝙴 𝚁   𝚃 𝙷 𝚁 𝙴 𝙴   !

𝔴𝔢𝔩𝔠𝔬𝔪𝔢 , 𝔣𝔢𝔶𝔯𝔢 ! )

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

          𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐈𝐄𝐍'𝐒 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐑𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓. The two of them were alone in the Spring Court for four days before Tamlin returned with a human girl trailing behind him. During Tamlin's time away, Ana had made it her personal goal to see how annoying she could be toward Lucien, who already seemed as though he despised her just for being "human."

From asking him an abundance of questions about the court and Prythian to just sitting silently around him and looking at him until he freaked out, Ana had managed to make Lucien want to move away. Which, she considered a win.

Ana was in her designated room when she spotted Tamlin returning (in beast form) with a white mare following after him, a figure sitting on its back. The human girl was dressed in rather dingy clothing that hung off of her lanky body, her honey brown hair falling down her back in curls. She was beautiful, but the gaunt appearance made Ana's heart ache. She was starved.

The blonde made quick work of getting ready. Alis helped her into another simple dress, this one a green that reminded her of Clary's eyes. Ana styled her own hair in a loose braid that fell down her shoulder and slipped her feet into simple slippers, not wanting to walk in the heels that Alis had tried to get her to wear one too many times. She was not a heels person unless she was working with Izzy to take down demons. 

When she was done, Ana slipped her stele into a pouch in her leather belt, which was actually more like a leather rope that she tied around her waist to accentuate it. Ana took one last glance at herself in the vanity mirror before leaving her room with Alis, the faerie veering off toward the kitchens while Ana went to find Lucien. He was probably annoyed with her, but Ana didn't care. She had stopped caring about Lucien's opinions the day she arrived in the court.

"There's my second favorite redhead," Ana said happily once she found Lucien sitting in the study. The masked High Fae rolled his eyesone russet and one metallic goldbut gestured for Ana to join him in the study. "How are you this fine morning?"

Lucien set down the book he was reading. "I was doing wonderfully until you arrived." Ana noticed the joking tone in his voice, causing her to grin. "And how am I only your second favorite redhead? Do you know any other redheads in this world?"

"Not of this world, but my old one," Ana said. "And of course you're only my second favorite. Until I'm considered your favorite blond, you'll be stuck in second place to my friend Clary. Got it?"

The fox-masked faerie sighed. "Well, I guess I will be considered second forever. Because no human would be my favorite. Especially not above Tam."

Ana sat down and leaned forward with a smirk. "So . . . you and Tamlin? Ever had any . . . feelings for him aside from friendship?"

"What do you mean by that?" 

The blonde laughed softly. "I mean, Lucien, have you ever felt anything romantic toward Tamlin? Like . . . ever wanted to get in bed with him? Kiss him?"

The look on his face was priceless horror. Ana would have laughed, but she was honestly intrigued. She'd easily spotted Alec's signs from the beginning. Not that they were too difficult to see, since he'd practically drooled over Jace, but still. Ana just wanted to know if Lucien and Tamlin had a thing going or not. That's all.

"No!" Lucien stood abruptly. "I have neverno such thing has ever been suggested in my entire life. I'm offended you'd think so . . . so low of me."

Ana frowned. "Wait. In Prythian it's considered 'offensive' for people of the same sex to like one another?" Lucien nodded. "Damn. You people are more backwards than I originally thought. And it's not offensive at all!" She stood, crossing her arms. "It's considered brave to come out as gay in my world. An expression of ones true self and no holding back! I'm a little offended that you're offended, honestly."

Lucien scoffed. "Bravery? You'd be beheaded in the courts for such stupidity."

Ana had to keep herself from punching Lucien. Not only was she pissed because he was bashing her friends, but his beliefs were also bashing her. It had taken a lot of strength for Ana to come out as bi to her friends, and hearing Lucien talk about people like her . . . it felt degrading. 

The red-haired faerie's eyes widened as he watched Ana's irises go from cerulean to gold, just like they'd been when she'd momentarily woken up the day of her arrival. He went to say something, to try and settle her, but the sound of heavy footsteps in the corridors broke the silence and snapped Ana out of her seething thoughts. 

Lucien pursed his lips. "Tamlin and the girl have arrived. They are in the dining room. I'm sure you're hungry."

Ana didn't say anything, only watching him as he walked away. She couldn't be around him for a bit, otherwise she'd try and rip his head off. Maybe snap his neck in his sleep. She didn't know which she'd choose, but it would be swift, painful, and silent as the night. Her fingers itched to wrap around the hilts of her dual kindjals, the glowing blades beckoning her to use them. By the Angel, she hadn't felt this kind of rage in forever.

Clenching her hands into fists, Ana sucked in a deep and calming breath and stood up from her chair. She needed to meet with Tamlin, Lucien, and the girl so that she wasn't alone with two pretentious douchebag High Faes. Plus, only the Angel knew what two High Fae would do or say to a human girl. Ana didn't want to risk anything happening to someone she'd vowed to protect, even if she didn't know the girl.

Ana pushed her anger down as she left the study, brushing her hair from her face. She closed the study doors behind her and walked the corridors towards the dining hall, where she heard faint voices coming from. Mainly Tamlin and Lucien, but she knew the human was there as well. Call it intuition or whatever, but it was there.

"The Treaty's summons led me to the mortal. I gave her safe haven." Tamlin sounded bored as Ana came to a stop just by the entrance. She didn't say anything, but she knew that both Tamlin and Lucien had heard her approach them. 

Ana studied the three in the room. Lucien seemed pissed (but that was his normal expression, so she wasn't too concerned. Especially not after their previous conversation), Tamlin seemed on edge, and the girl seemed a mixture of nervous and terrified and headstrong. Now that she was closer, Ana could see that the human girl was much skinnier than she originally thought. Her clothes practically pooled from her body and her hair was a tangled mess of dirt, like she hadn't showered in ages. Ana's heart ached for her. 

"A girla mortal girl actually killed Andras." It seemed like Lucien was more astounded by the fact than angered. "And the summons found the girl responsible."

Ana frowned. Andras must have been the faerie that this girl killed.

Tamlin gave a low, bitter laugh and pointed to the girl by the doorway. "The Treaty's magic brought me right to her doorstep."

Lucien whirled around with fluid grace. He sniffed once, curling his lip to reveal his teeth. His eyes flickered to Ana, who remained stone-faced, before settling on the girl once more. "You're joking," Lucien said quietly, turning back to Tamlin. "That scrawny thing brought down Andras with a single ash arrow?"

Ana noticed how the girl looked ready to stab Lucien with an ash arrow. Same, girl. Same.

"She admitted to it," Tamlin said tightly. "She didn't try to deny it."

Lucien let out a huff and sat down on the edge of the table, still looking at the girl. "Well, now we're stuck with that, thanks to your useless mercy, and you've ruined"

"Manners were obviously never taught in your house, Lucien," Ana said sharply, cutting Lucien off and gaining everyone's attention. Her eyes remained on the fox-masked faerie. "She's a girl, not a that. And she can obviously hear you, so I'd stop insulting her before she finds a way to kill you in your sleep."

Ana saw the girl give her a wide-eyed look from the corner of her vision, but she didn't acknowledge it. She kept her eyes locked on Lucien, who was frowning deeply. He momentarily bared his teeth, but Ana's eyes chose that moment to flicker gold again, causing both him and Tamlin to tense and back down.

The red haired High Fae lightened his grip on his arms, but the scowl still remained. "Did you enjoy killing my friend, human?" he asked the girl. "Did you hesitate, or was the hatred in your heart riding you too hard to consider sparing him? It must have been so satisfying for a small mortal thing like you to take him down."

Ana noticed the girl reaching for something, but whatever it was wasn't there. Maybe a knife of sorts?

"Anyway," Lucien continued, "perhaps there's a way to"

"Lucien," Tamlin's voice was a snarl. "Behave."

Ana looked between the two, watching as they stiffened. Her curiosity immediately peaked as she studied them, taking in every small movement they made. From the glances they shared to the way they stood. It was clear as day to her that there was something they weren't telling both her and the human girl. A secret so deep, so . . . well . . . secret, that it seemed like they were bound by something not to reveal it. 

But Ana was never deterred by secrets. In fact, they fueled her curiosity more than anything. If Ana wanted to find something out, she usually did. She was one of the best lie detectors at the Brooklyn Institute and was often able to squeeze information out of anyone if given the proper amount of time. If there was a secret that needed to be revealed, Ana would do just that.

And Tamlin and Lucien's secret was one Ana wouldn't stop trying to reveal, even if it killed her.

Lucien hopped off the edge of the table he sat upon and bowed to the girl. "My apologies, lady. I'm Lucien. Courtier and emissary." He made a gesture toward the girl. "Your eyes are like stars, and your hair is like burnished gold."

The male waited. Waited for her name.

"Her name is Ferye," Tamlin said. "Ana will take you to your room. You could use a bath and fresh clothes."

"Sure, just assign me something without asking me about it first." Ana rolled her eyes at the High Lord. "And smooth with the compliments, genius. I'm sure she feels loved." The Fallon girl turned to face Feyre, who looked like she wanted to laugh but didn't know if she should or not. Ana gave her a bright smile. "Come on, Feyre. Let's get you cleaned up and give you time to sleep."

Feyre tentatively followed Ana out of the dining room, unsure of whether to trust her or not.  They barely made it a few steps out of the room when Ana stopped, listening intently to what they would say when alone. She held a hand up to Feyre, signalling her to stay silent.

Lucien growled. "That's the hand the Cauldron thought to deal us? She brought Andras down? We never should have sent him out therenone of them should have been out there. It was a fool's mission." Ana held her breath. "Maybe we should just take a standmaybe it's time to say enough. Dump the girl somewhere, kill her, I don't careshe's nothing but a burden here. She'd sooner put a knife in your back than talk to youor any of us aside from Ana. But that's only because Ana's human!"

"No," Tamlin bit out. "Not until we know for certain that there is no other way will we make a move. And as for the girl, she stays. Unharmed, just like Ana. End of discussion. Her life in that hovel was Hell enough."

"Then you've got your work cut out for you, old son," Lucien said. "I'm sure her life will be a fine replacement for Andras'smaybe she can even train with the others on the border."

The only thing Tamlin gave in response was a growl.

⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯

Ana remained in Feyre's room as per the girl's request as Alis helped her. The faerie bathed her and gathered clothing for her before leaving the two younger women alone. Feyre had fought wearing a dress, so now she was in a tunic and pants with her hair braided like Ana's. With the dirt and grime no longer on her face, Ana could see just how thin she was, and it pained her.

"You're human?" That was the first thing Feyre asked her. "Not High Fae?"

Ana shook her head. "Not High Fae." But not human either. "I arrived here just four days before yourself."

"Did you kill a faerie as well?" Feyre asked.

Another shake of the head. "No. I just . . . appeared. I'm not from this world like you are, but Tamlin has allowed me to stay here until I can find a way to get back home."

Feyre studied Ana for a moment, her blue eyes a few shades darker than Ana's. "Does your world have faeries?"

The blonde nodded. "But ours are able to live in peace with the humans. Most of the creatures in my world are."

Now they were. Not before, but now. 

Ana heard Feyre's stomach growl and smiled softly at her. She stood and extended a hand to the girl. "Come on. Let's get some food in you."

"But the faeries are known to poison their food," Feyre argued.

Ana frowned. "I've been eating their food for four days and I'm still alive. Plus, Tamlin said you were here as a guest. Who poisons their guests?"

A lot of people you know would poison their guests, a voice told her, but she pushed it aside. She did not need to hear that now. 

But Feyre remained sitting. Ana let out a sigh and crouched down in front of the girl, giving her a gentle look. "I know. I know how scary this is. Trust me, I'm probably the only one who knows. When I first got here, I was so on guard that I stabbed Tamlin in the chest." Feyre's eyes widened, causing Ana to laugh. "And sometimes, part of me wished that it had killed him. But neither of them have hurt me. Their food hasn't killed me, nor their drinks. They've given me free reign of the property. And if they even think of hurting you, I will kill them in the middle of the night, okay?"

Feyre frowned. "Why? Why would you do that for me? We barely know each other"

Ana released a breath and met Feyre's eyes. She saw the fear, the determination, and it reminded Ana of Clary when she first showed up in the Institute, looking to save her mom. Ana always had a protective nature about her. She cared deeply and loved wholly. And despite not knowing Feyre well, she would fight for her. That was the job of the Shadowhunter and it was a job Ana took very seriously.

Plus, she needed another girl around the house that wasn't a faerie servant. 

The blonde reached for Feyre's hand and gave it a gentle, reassuring squeeze. "I don't have to know you to do the right thing," Ana said, shrugging. "Plus, I was raised to defend others. To protect those who could not protect themselves, and to stick up for others. Those two traits are valued by my old friends and things I had ingrained in my mind at a young age."

"How young?" Feyre tilted her head curiously, reminding Ana of Simon. Man, she missed her old friends.

"Young." She ran a hand through her hair. "Now, you can either stay up here and lock yourself away from your problems, or you can face them like the strong woman I know you are deep inside underneath that uncertainty and get something to eat." She stood and brushed her dress off. "It's your choice to make."

The honey brunette pursed her lips in thought. "You know . . . I've never really had someone give me a choice before. It's . . . odd."

"The freedom to make your own choices is something everyone is born with." Ana remembered how her own freedom was taken away once, and she never wished that feeling upon anyone. "No one should have the ability to take that away from you. And I sure as hell won't." A smirk tugged at her lips. "Besides, if you go downstairs right now and eat with us, you'll piss Lucien off. And trust me, it's funny to watch the vein along the left side of his forehead pulse."

Feyre's lips tilted up into a grin as she reached for Ana's hand, hope glinting in her blue-gray eyes. The blonde pulled the girl to her feet and smiled brightly as they began to walk out of the room and toward the dining room.

"So . . . what's the best way to annoy Lucien?" Feyre asked.

Ana gave her a sly smile. "Well . . ."

⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯

That night, Ana dreamed of a palace made of rock. The halls were dark and the walls were damp with cold moisture, leading her to believe she was either in a cave or under a mountain of sorts. (She hoped it was the first one, not the second.) She trailed a single finger along the rocks, shivering when she felt something other than the cold press against her skin. It was icier, freezing her insides and causing a spike of unease to run down her spine. 

Dark and malevolent magic.

The corridor she was walking veered off soon, but before she reached the turn, she passed a door hidden in the wall and shrouded by shadows. Behind it, Ana could hear soft voices speaking. One belonged to a man, while the other belonged to what sounded like a woman, but not an entirely human one. It was more echoed and faded, like they were speaking into a cone or tunnel.

"How much longer?" the woman's voice questioned.

There was a silence. "However long it takes for them to show."

The voice that spoke sent a different kind of chill down Ana's spine. It felt like soft fingers were caressing her back slowly, causing goosebumps to appear along her skin. The voice was silky smooth and wrapped around Ana like a warm, welcoming hug. And hidden within it was a determination she only ever heard when speaking herself. A determination to protect and defend. 

A determination to survive.

"Are you being requested again tonight?" the woman's voice asked.

"Sadly, yes. But my sources tell me that we won't be trapped here much longer." Trapped where? "Go find your sister. Stay hidden."

Nothing else was said as a shadow suddenly passed through the door. A shadow of a woman, young and beautiful but not at all solid in form. She must've been the other voice speaking. 

The shadow-woman drifted by Ana without a word, the blonde watching her go in curiosity. Whatever kind of creature that woman was, it wasn't one Ana had seen before. Wraith, possibly? But wraiths were solid, so that option was out the door. Plus, Ana didn't know any wraiths to be made of shadows or have shadow-esque powers. 

While Ana was left in her thoughts, she didn't notice the door open or the violet pair of eyes looking at her in utter shock. 

She was quickly snapped out of her thoughts when a hand wrapped around her wrist and tugged her body into the darkness of the room beside her, the door slamming shut behind her. Ana ripped her arm from whoever was holding it, whirling around only to be met with probably the most handsome man she'd ever seen in her entire life.

And as their eyes met, Ana felt something deep within her click into place, nearly taking her breath away.

"Shit."

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

𝐀 𝐔 𝐓 𝐇 𝐎 𝐑 𝐒   𝐍 𝐎 𝐓 𝐄   !

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ⬩❖⬩ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

AHHH! Feyre's here and I'm ready to get this party started! So, as you read earlier in the chapter, Ana is bi. No, she will not fall for Feyre since she already sort of views her as a friend or a sister in a way, but there will be a few girls that catch her eye. (Rhys will be jealous as hell.) And I know you all love Lucien (or maybe you don't) but I feel like it fits his character to be judgmental about these types of things since he himself doesn't really understand it. You know?

Also . . . we got a sneak peak of Rhysand! The next chapter will def involve him more, but he's here! And Ana will be getting all the answers soon enough. I'm actually super excited for the Suriel chapter because whoa! Shit will definitely be going down.

Please comment and vote!

Love you all!

~ a.h. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

359 32 9
"Do you think I enjoy hurting you?" "I hope so." ---- Life gets hard when you meddle in things that you should not stick your fucking nose into. Tha...
17.8K 495 25
A Cassian and Azriel pairing. There is unrest in the Illyrian camps, and a troubling silence from the Hewn City. Azriel hasn't been able to get his s...
8.2K 362 16
Ellaria Of Troy: a cursed woman and the High General of the Armies of Olympus. The demigoddess who fell from the sky in Prythian, into the arms of...
126K 3.7K 53
A year has passed since Seren Marzena returned to the Night Court with her mate, Azriel. Their time of rest is coming to an end. Plans long kept sile...