Notice me

By InNeedOfHollyWater

As a small girl, she hoped for a prince to come and save her. But growing up she realized no one will save he... More

Welcome darlings.
01 | Prince
02 | Sign
03 | Project
04 | Drained
05 | Alex
06 | Candy Cane
07 | Nightmares
08 | Glasses
09 | A Guest
10 | Threat
11 | Rain
12 | 10 Dollars
13 | Abuse
14 | Notice Me
15 | Teddy Bear And Bouquet
16 | Help; Part 1
17 | Help; Part 2
18 | Why?
19 | Plan G
21 | Weak
22 | Bye Bitch
23 | Letter
24 | Rumors
25 | Court
26 | Connection
EASTER SPECIAL
27 | Pretty Girl
28 | Criminal
29 | Father
30 | Old Man
31 | Friends
32 | Change Of Plans
33 | Question
34 | Cliché
35 | Finally Saved
Former Ending (Didn't Make It)
Tips From Me

20 | Pinky Promise

443 13 2
By InNeedOfHollyWater

Sienna's POV:

I drink from the bottle. Welcoming the burning sensation in my throat. Before I choke I remove the bottle from my lips.

We are currently making our way back but we chose the route through the town to grab something to drink and snack on.

I pass the bottle to David. I feel his intense gaze burning a hole in the side of my face.

"What?" I lift a skeptical brow.

He thinks over what he wants to say.

"I'm not going to lie to you I had troubles too that caused me to find escape in simple things like smoking and drinking." He begins. "Waterfalls of booze flowed down my throat every day. The "party" went on even though it was long past morning. And every morning, I started that same routine all over again. Drowning my emotions through drinking so I wouldn't feel anything."

Thanks, father?

I look at him. "You are literally drinking right now?"

"Yes but not because I want to escape or feel numb."

No need to call me out like that. "Where are you exactly going with this?" I say a bit annoyed.

"The face gets lost, you don't even know how. And one day you stand in front of the mirror and you see only a shadow. Nobody's perfect, even if today you think you're the one who's entitled to the crown." He lets out. "What I want to say is that I've been there and it wasn't a pleasant time and place. You will only lose yourself in the process."

"How did you come out of it?"

"I've let others in and let them help me. And there was this one person... She once told me "why do you always try to hide the fact that you're human from others?". And that stuck with me. The next thing I did was remove myself from people and places I knew were causing all the bad thoughts and decisions I did." He takes a deep breath. I see Veronika hold his hand, giving him a reassuring squeeze.

"Even if they were someone really close to you? Even if you suffer with them yet you still like them in a way?" I hesitantly ask.

His corners lift to create a little sad smile. "Yes."

I look down, my eyebrows frowning while I think.

"It will be hard but being with them will worsen the situation. Some parents shouldn't have children." He mutters the last part but loud enough for me to hear.

My eyes widen and my head shoots up in shock. How did he--? I look at him and see he is already looking at me with an expression I know all too well.

Realization dawns on me. He went through the same.

"I'm sorry." I breathe out.

He shakes his head. "It creates a strong character." He jokes.

I smile softly.

☆ ☆ ☆

The whole weekend all we three did was lay in bed, sleep, eat, talk about random shit, watch David being kicked out every night to go to his room, and repeat.

And somehow I feel more exhausted than ever before.

I stare at the ceiling just like Veronika and Dave.

There's a knock on the door. "Come in if you have a small dick!" Veronika calls out.

Our teacher who at the moment has supervision in the halls comes in. She gives Veronika a warning and a disappointed glare before spinning to me. "There's someone who came to see you."

I groan. "Victor again." I stand up. The teacher gives me instructions about where he is and leaves.

Veronika sits up. "Sienna?"

I look at her. "Yeah?"

She fidgets with her fingers. "I know that you are and I want for you to be innocent but the selfish side in me wants you to be guilty so you would stay here." She cringes at her own words. "You are the first true friend I have here."

David scoffs, clearly offended. He goes to open his mouth to argue but Veronika shuts him up with the pillow she puts on his face.

"And I would hate to lose you." She admits.

I smile and go to her bed, climbing over David to hug her. "I will make sure we stay in contact no matter what will happen."

David, again, clearly offended he isn't mentioned goes to pull the pillow away from his face but I stop him and put it there again with a pat on the center of the pillow.

I smile at Veronika. "Okay?" I show her my pinky.

She grins and intertwines our pinkies in pinky promise. "Okay."

I look down at David. "Is he dead?"

She looks down at him. "Eh, he will get through it. It's only lack of oxygen." She rolls her eyes.

I nod. "I better get going or Victor will bite my head off."

I hear her laugh behind me when I close the door.

I walk to the office I have been told he will be at. I don't bother to knock so I barge in. "Hey, old man--" I freeze in the doorway. My nerves and limbs refused to move further.

Alex whips his head around after hearing my voice. "Sienna," he pleads.

Fuck no.

I take a step back and shut the door with a loud thud. I start to walk away but Alex opens the door and grabs my wrist.

I freeze once again.

"Please, Sienna. Let me explain everything." He whispered in a desperate tone.

He's fucking lucky I let others explain themselves.

I shoot him a glare so he knows I'm not too happy for doing that. I walk with him inside the office. He drops my arm. "Thank you."

Whatever.

I sit on the couch. He walks in circles in front of the office desk. "Where should I start?" He stresses.

I cross my arms. "I don't know how about what you had for breakfast," I say sarcastically with a tight smile.

He finally stops doing his circles and looks at me. I roll my eyes. "From the fucking start, God damnit."

He nods. "Yes, yes."

Alex fully faces me and takes a deep breath. "The day when it happened... I got a call from my college where they wanted to discuss all my absences and other shit..."

Flashback

Alex's POV:

I hear footsteps near my room with a shushed voice speaking to someone.

I frown but before I can go look, dad walks into my room with my phone by his ear.

My heart skips a beat.

He hands me the phone. Mouthing 'college'.

My whole body went into panic mode in seconds. I took the phone from him and started talking with the woman on the other side. Trying my best to keep calm.

It didn't take me long and I ended the call. "What was that about?" Dad wonders.

I take a shaky breath but I quickly put a mask on my face. I shake my head as if it's nothing. "Remember like a month ago I didn't call?" He nods. "I was sick back then and didn't feel well enough to call and also I didn't want mom to worry. You know how she is. That is how I have absences." I lie.

He nods understandingly. We chatted for a bit more before he left my room. I lean on the wall beside me. That was so fucking close. I look down at my hands and see them shaking like crazy. I curse under my breath and jog down the stairs to the door.

"Where are you going?" Lili calls from the kitchen.

I look at her and put on a fake smile. "To meet with my friends from college."

She nods and gives me thumbs-up. She frowns. "Wait you have friends? Like in plural form?"

I roll my eyes at her.

I practically run out of the door into the streets. I just wander around for hours and hours. The craving for the release of my nerves grows and grows.

So I call the only person who will stop me when I can't stop myself.

I click on Sienna's contact in my phone.
When she picks up I don't care how desperate and vulnerable I sound. I can't do this alone. Not when my body is aching and screaming for the white substance.

After she agrees she will come I lean my back on the wall of a building.

I close my eyes to try to calm my breath. But of course, with my luck, I hear 3 sets of footsteps approaching me.

I open my eyes but it's too late.

One guy pins me to the wall. I groan and look at them.

"Ignoring our boss, are ya?" The one holding me growls.

"It would be fucking great to know who is your boss, y'know." I grit out.

That earns me a punch in the stomach. I groan.

"The one who sells you the goods? Rings a bell?" The second one mockingly says.

Fucks sake.

"You are lucky our boss had a good mood. He decided to give you second chance." The dude holding me drops me and steps back, holding his palm up.

The third guy drops a package in his palm.

The big guy (who was holding me) smirks. "So what do ya say?"

"I don't want that shit anymore."

His glare deepens which sends shivers down my spine. "I must have heard wrong."

"You didn't," I state.

A vein pops on his forehead. "Well. Ya somehow must pay for all the ignoring now, don't ya?"

I glare at them.

I'm fucking dead.

That's when the punches and kicks begin. I dodge one but the other 2 manage to get a blow. I yell in pain when I feel something sharp pierce my side.

I risk it and look down to immediately be met with crimson blood covering my shirt.

Fuck.

I hold my own but the pain is too unbearable. I let myself fall to the ground turning into a bloody mess on the floor.

"HEY," I heard a scream.

I look and my heart sinks into my stomach when I see Sienna.

No, no, no. Run away.

She analyzes all of us but mainly the guys standing over me.

"Get the fuck out of here." She grits out with venom dripping from every word.

I see the big guy take a step in her direction. But also I notice the knife in her hands. Another dude grabs his arm and whispers in his ear, "I will call the police so they take both of them. Drop the package."

"Let's get the fuck out of here." The third one voices.

The big one thinks thoroughly but doesn't hesitate to send a strong kick into my stomach. I cry in pain. I focus my eyes on them to see them running away but not before they drop the package near me.

"Have you been bleeding this whole time!?" I hear Sienna who is now kneeling before me.

I shake my head. "It's not that bad. It only grazed me." I grunt while sitting up.

We need to get out of here ASAP.

"Hold still! Grazed by what?"

"There was fucking metal sticking out of the wall as they pushed me into it." I take deep breaths.

"Can you stand up? I have a car near I will take you to the hospital."

I try but the pain is superior so I fail. I feel Sienna holding me tight.

"Okay. I will call someone then."

My eyes widen and I grab her wrist. She looks at me. "They ca- They can't know."

Her eyes narrow in a dangerous manner.

"Swallow your fucking pride already! You need help for god's sake! They would rather know the truth than have you die due to blood loss because you were scared to tell them!" She shouts.

I shouldn't have pulled her into my shit. She can't understand. She doesn't. I'm fucking pussy I know but fuck I'm terrified of letting others down.

She rips my already ripped shirt and covers my wound with it. She puts my hand on top of the cloth. "Put pressure on it."

She takes out her phone. "For fucks sake. OPEN." She screams into her phone.

I look at the package. The police. I grab it with my free hand, Sienna is too occupied and focused to see me. They won't suspect her. Wait. Fingerprints. Fuck. I touched them. If I only let it be so it would have those fucker's prints, not mine.

Not knowingly Sienna touches the package while furiously typing into her phone and pressing her hand over mine firmly. I stress so I extend my hand to the pocket of her jacket and drop the package inside.

Police sirens followed with their lights consumed and overwhelmed my senses.

I fucked up everything.

She looks at me and I give her an apologetic look.

___________________________________________
A.N.:

What do you think?

Want more? Vote and Comment for more chapters to come!
I dare you. 🔫😑

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Alexa. (#1) By 🌻

Teen Fiction

387K 10.9K 48
#908 in Teen Fiction '9/12/2016' #788 in Teen Fiction '18/1/2017' Life could be really tough. It could be sunshine-y and peachy but just like that, i...
4K 93 29
COMPLETED✅ Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...
928K 25.2K 60
"What are you doing here?" I ask but it comes out as a sob. I don't want him, or anyone for that matter, to see me like this. I'm a wreck. Wyatt does...
1.1K 49 19
I could feel his whiskey eyes on me. Felt him stabbing me with his staring. "Can you stop?" I finally pointed it out after being too.. nervous? "St...