TOP GUN: Rooster

By Acazmae

After the TOP-Gun missions' success of Maverick and his team years later, while its team goes in their own li... More

Introduction
***A New Legacy***
Just like riding a bike!
"She could be anywhere!"
"Finding the Mystery Pilot"
Love at first sight?
"Hard Deck (1)"
Hard Deck (2)
"Well now you know now Captain Bradley!"
"Unexpected Invitation"
"Don't think, just do"
Top Gun Camp (2)
"See u soon my Hummingbird"
"Brains"
Brains (2)
Douglas A-4 Skyhawk
"Test Paper"
*Dogfight*
"Jelly Rooster"
Altitude
"Playing with the Boys"
Past Lives
"Watch me!"
Homecoming?
***DANGER ZONE***
*Grounded*
HummingBird
TOP GUN*
*** FLY HIGH ***
First Day

*Top Gun Camp (1)*

143 3 0
By Acazmae

*Gunderson's House 

A bright morning with sun rays streaming through the window and a breeze blowing through the curtains.

A room that is cluttered with academic books and papers scattered about, as well as posters of fighter jets and some wall art prints and patches "Altitude, Airspeed, and Brains" and "Aviation Engineer is my superpower" that are posted on the wall, and a duffel bag that is packed from the end of her bed.

On the desks, there is a blueprint design of an aircraft scattered across the design, as well as a pencil and measurement tools that appear to be unfinished, as well as a basket full of crumpled papers and a laptop that is open on a black screen.

As well as the collection of miniatures of different aircrafts that is displayed. 

Also, have an old acoustic guitar on display beside the bedroom and have some old CDs stacks of different music genres and have small cd player. 

May Gunderson is sprawled from the cozy bed, sleeping soundly while holding her small plushie hummingbird until she is interrupted by the alarm beeping of the digital clock . 

She stirred awake, not wanting to get up, and reached out her hand to press the alarm button.

As she turn off the alarm , she yawns as she stretch her muscles of her body to start her day. 

That is, until her cellphone started to ring.

As she sees it is "Edgineer"  or Edmund Hammonds through her contacts. 

Then she press the button to answer the incoming call. 

"Morning Ed what is it?" as May hoarsely said in her morning voice. 

"Good morning, May. Did you just wake up? Where are you, exactly, because we are waiting for you, or did you simply forget that we will be having the great experience that's going to be held?"

As May begun to remember as she sees the red mark circle that says Top Gun Camp of the calendar  it was the day of the Top Gun Camp. 

"Goodness gracious......*hit i forgot about it. " as she says. 

(Sighs) Edmund also started to chuckle at May's forgetfulness.

"Fine hurry up , i'll distract our instructor and i'll send you the address and dont forget to wear our uniform so that they will let you in and to be able to identified that you where with us."

"Thanks i'll be on my way"

"Ok we where just gathering our luggages as they accomodate us to go in our specific rooms to stay in so you better hurry ok bye see you soon. "

As she hurriedly getting out of the bed as puts her blueprints in the drawing tube case and some books in her other duffel bag and have some manuals in flying despite she knows she cant fly , she still brings it out of habit.

Then she showers and get dressed neatly in their  white polo blouse uniform in their upper pockets ,its their patch logo school and navy blue pants. 

Then she hooks her aviator glasses in her blouse.

As she fix her neatly in military style bun for women.  Then she looks at the mirror winningly smile at the mirror to appreciate her look. 

Then she goes to her closet to get some extra shirts and pants and put her plushie in the other duffel bag. 

As she rummages the closet then he saw her old black aviator jacket with a Hummingbird callsign patch  as she hold it she pause for a second as she remember the details of her jacket with some patches of her former flight school. 

As many memories and nostalgic feeling and sadness whenever she sees the jacket. 

Then she hears the siren ambulance in thier neighborhood. 

*She hears the distance ambulance siren sound at the distance. 

"Come on Dad you promise me well fly together....." as she hold his Father while his head is bleeding laying on the road where the car is upside down and the glasses is broken. Not caring to that her jacket is soaking with the blood.

Her Mom is still in the car also still not awaken.

"And well celebrate at home, don't leave me and Mom, you still have to see me wearing my medal."

"Don't leave me please!!!!....."

She exhales heavily and shakes her head, not wanting to be reminded of it ever again.

Then she put back gently in the closet and close the door of the closet. 

As she carry her duffle bags and as she gets out of her room and goes downstairs  , she goes to the kitchen to grab some brunch then she pick some apples in the table as she takes a bite. 

August bark at May's direction as he goes to her wiggled his tail happily. 

On her other hand she pets him until her aunt saw her smiling at her when she sees in her new uniform. 

"You look dashing in your uniform May"

Then she turned to see her aunt grinning at her.

""Well, what can I say, I'm too good looking." as she open her arms wide. Then her Aunt chuckles by her confidence.

"I'm gonna be gone for a while Aunt our school have been invited for Top Gun Camp but i'll come here to visit whenever I have free time or pass"

As Aunt approach her and embrace her and says. 

"We are proud of you, May, don't forget that."

"Hey what about me lass you forget something" as his uncles spreading his arms wide waiting for her niece to hug her , as he is at the door waiting before she leaves. 

Then they hug tightly. 

"Show them what you're made of!" as his Uncle look at her in determination. 

"I will , were Gundersons!" as she pulls out from there hug as they both laugh. 

"Ok Anthony do not keep May any longer or she will be late at her Top Gun Camp". 

"I wish you could fly May at the Top Gun , you know that's your dream like your Dad right?"

Then her wife nudge him harshly by her elbow for making May feel uncomfortable. And the oof sound of her Uncle.

As May opens the door then she chuckles by their loving relationship. 

" I know Uncle ,be careful what you wish for, but they wont be safe at flying without someone to fix it". - as May smiles at them to make lighten the situation , as she remembers she haven't make a decision yet to the Admiral Goat about his offer at her and haven't yet discuss with her Uncle and her Aunt about it. 

Then she puts her aviator glasses as she sees the sun is up. 

"Goodbye Aunt and Uncle i'll see you soon and ofcourse August"-as May kiss them goodbye and pet August. And they say farewell to her also. 

As May goes to walk until she is in the main road  and find some transportation to go to the Top Gun school as she settle her duffel bags beside her. 

As she receive the text from her as she sees the message form her cellphone. 

"Where are you now ?! , i can't cover for you for too long , we were having meeting introductions with the Top Gun pilots and other navial pilots in other academies and the admirals!

"*hit I am totally screwed right now, and the taxi's here are taking too long and some of them have already booked, don't worry ill find a way , I'm on my way," she texted him. 

May is frustrated as she searches her cellphone for more available taxis, but the book is completely full today.

As she looks around, she notices that no cars have driven down the road where she is standing.

"Come on, if only had been awakened early." As she recalls staying up late working on personal projects, she had forgotten that her school was invited to an event of Top Gun Camp.

"Ugh, there's got to be someone driving around this road or I'll run to Top Gun".
Then she reluctantly decide as she fast walk through the road as she carries her duffel bags.
While on the other hand is holding her cellphone waiting for the available ride.

*Meanwhile somewhere along the road 

A Ford ranger black car is driving along the road , a distinct country music echoes through the radio, through the rearview mirror an aviator sunglasses is seen and a brown hair that is neatly comb. 

And wearing a black shirt with his cargo pants and boots.

As he drive along the main road he sees someone in the distance that looks like someone is walking at fast speed carrying a duffel bags.

"Who walks at this hour?" as he curiously look at the stranger.

But as he looks closely it looks like wearing like thier white naval aviator uniform but without the ranks at thir shoulders.

But then he sees that the stranger stops for a moment as it looks catching a breath. As the stranger drops the duffel bags gently.

"Looks someone is late " as he chuckles by the stranger.

But then he looks through his cellphone that is beeping.

"CockADoodledoo" in his contacts.
"Where the heck are you we where looking for you! We where starting right now and Maverick is worried to know where is his Dagger Team.

Then he texted him.
"I'm on my way now"

Then he wants to see and make a bet of himself that this stranger is going to Top Gun like him also. As he drives and stops beside her. 

"Perhaps running isn't good idea while wearing my uniform" May muses as she swipes sweat from her forehead. 

"Come on, I need a miracle," she exhales as she close her eyes. 

Then she heard a car engine stops beside her. As she opens her eyes , she is baffled because she did not expect that to happen. Then she turn her head while her mouth hang open to look at the ford ranger black car that stops beside her. 

As the car window from the driver seats open. Then she sees a handome w/brown hair man in back shirt smirkingly at her, but she cant see him fully of his eyes because of his aviator sunglasses until he look down at her when his aviator sunglasses pulls down slowly thorugh his nose to meet his green eyes to her. 

"Need a ride Ms.?"

As May close her hanging mouth as she quickly stands straight to fix her posture. 

Thoughts like "Should I hitch a ride with a completely attractive stranger, come on, I'll be extremely late, shit I look completely stupid did he see me sprinting about" rushed through her thoughts.

However, as a result of her reckless behavior, she blurts out in front of him when she sees his gorgeous green eyes and is relieved that someone is driving this road.

In other words, she does not think , she does.

"Your the heavens in my eyes Sir!, Would you mind to drive me to the Top Gun Sir! she exclaims. 

As she waits for his response, she thinks to herself, "Goodness gracious, did I just say outright to him", and since she doesn't want to embarrass herself any further, she just smiles at him.

The driver in the seat is shocked by her response to him because no one has ever complemented his eyes more, especially to a woman. As he normally starts conversations by complementing women, he embraces this unexpected exchange and grows increasingly interested in this woman. He could see from her that she was both genuine and charming.

He then sends him his natural smile while sincerely laughing at her. He frequently exhibits a cocky attitude while conversing with people in an effort to establish his reputation as the finest, but because of this unique individual, he prefers to show more of himself, not passing judgment on him and, in particular, not even knowing him.

He grinned at her and said, "Well Ms., Its your lucky day, so get on since I am also going there," motioning for her to get into the car.

She cheerfully exclaims to him, "Thank's for helping me out Sir, I owe you one!" as she loads her duffel bags into the trunk and he opens the passenger seat for her.

His aviator sunglasses were then raised above his head.

He smiles and adds, "The names Jake Seresin Ms.," before turning to face the passenger sitting next to him and peering past her sunglasses and into her face.

"Nice to meet you, Mr. Seresin, my name is May Gunderson, or you can call me May for short," she says sheepishly. As she wipes her sweaty face with her napkin, she hooks her avaitor sunglasses from her uniform.

Until Jake sees the red stoplight on the road and the car comes to a complete stop, when he hears her name, he turns to look at her as he raises his eyebrows as he wonders if he heard correctly, until he confirms by looking closely when May opens her eyes and he sees her heterochromatic eyes at him.

May then looks at him, puzzled.

"Is there something wrong Mr. Seresin?"

"Skip the formalities, you can call me Jake" he says with a wide smile then he wink at her. 

"Alright Jake, you may also call me May from now on", she says, giggling at his eccentricity.

As Jake mutters to himself as he sees the greenlight as he start to drive along the road. 

He mutters to himself, "This would be fun," and thinks that the Top Gun Camp event will be interesting as he turns to look at May Gunderson who is staring out the window.

He may be aware of the May Gunderson file, but he is more interested in learning about her than the file.

""Now, would you mind telling me about yourself and what brought you into this circumstance?" Jake asks, breaking the silence.

May asks, "If you tell me about yourself as well," expressing interest in learning more about him.

She hears Jake repeat, "Deal," as he extends his other hand to seal the agreement.

She taunts him as they shake hands when she hears country music playing on the radio. "Alright Mr. Cowboy."

"Hmm well see Jellybean," he sarcastically teasingly says to her, still captivated by her unique eyes.

"You didn't just name me after a food you like," she said as she placed her hand on her heart.

They both laugh together, forgetting their worries later, and they get to know each other, at which point May explains why she is in the road in the first place.

Jake ignores the phone vibrating in his pockets because he knows it's Rooster texting him.

He leaves Rooster hanging by not answering his phone.

TBC...

***TOP GUN ***

ROOSTER

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 98 24
{Grammar being edited} "𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕓𝕒𝕔𝕜 𝕥𝕠 𝕋𝕆ℙ𝔾𝕌ℕ 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕓𝕖𝕤𝕥 𝕕𝕖𝕔𝕚𝕤𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕀'𝕧𝕖 𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕞𝕒𝕕𝕖" Elaina "Rookie" Arge...
23.7K 462 12
for five weeks, lieutenant skylar 'sunny' moore fought against the best fighter pilots in the world who competed for the top gun trophy. soon after g...
17K 471 23
Prequel to my original Top Gun fic, Back to You. This can be read as a standalone or in addition to my others in this series I've created. Haley Ser...
10.3K 154 20
Magnolia "Sunset" Jones graduated from Top Gun first in her class. She was one of the best pilots to grace the halls at Top Gun. After graduation and...