Little Dove

By AbbyPierceKnight

"You can't imagine the things I'd do if I put my hands on you" He murmured, his voice low and husky. His bre... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
chapter 30
Chapter 31

Chapter 14

1.9K 66 17
By AbbyPierceKnight

"Everybody has a chapter
They don't read out loud"
                   –Charlotte Bronte

Next
Morning

The bright light emerging through the curtains woke me up and I let out a yawn. Sleeping inna real bed, being warm all night is nothing less than a blessing to me.

Rubbing my eyes I sit up and look down at my wounded hands and realize yesterday wasn't just a dream.

Getting off the bed I lazily drag my feet across the marble floor and scoot Infront of the duffle bag that had all my belongings.

Pulling out a pair of pants and a plain white blouse to go with it, I walk towards the bathroom to get changed.

Looking myself in the mirror I hiss at how dead I look and how dark my under eyes were with all the crying.

Letting out a sigh I strip out of my previous clothes and change into my office attire.

Finding a comb in the first drawer, I began untangling my hair and an unknown smile spread on my lips when a pleasant memory f my mother invaded my thoughts.

Flash back

"Mommy, how come my hair are black and your's are yellow?" I ask, I always loved my mom's hair.

"Because your hair look like dad's sweetheart, and it's my favorite, I love my little butterfly's hair, and her smile, and her cute doe eyes, and her tiny little hands" mom said while kissing me all over my face, making me giggle and snuggle in her lap to which she let out a beautiful laugh and hugged me to her chest.

"You're my little butterfly and mom will forever love you, no matter what"

End of flash back

My eyes welled up remembering that day. My mom would be heart broken if she saw me today, because her little butterfly got her wings plunked out, her butterfly lost all reasons to smile.

Gulping down the lump forming at the back of my throat I tie my hair inna loose braid and walk out.

Climbing down the stairs I walk towards the living room, hoping to find Mr Knight there.

Walking in I found the room empty and let out a sigh. Should I wait for him here?

Before I could decide on what to do, I heard footsteps nearing the living room and I turn around to find Mr Knight and Micah walk in.

Mr Knight was dressed inna white button down shirt with a black blazer and pants, hair neatly styled back.

I snapped my eyes off him when I heard Micah's gasp.

"My god sunshine, let me look at your hands" He gasp and rush towards me and took me by surprise when he started inspecting my hands.

Letting out a nervous chuckle I let him inspect my wounds while Mr Knight stood at a good distance, a small frown sitting on his forehead while he poked the insides of his cheek with his tongue.

"Don't tell me you're gonna make her work today with her wounded hands Nate, you can't be that cruel" Micah begins and let go of my hands.

"I-I'm okay, they don't hurt as much" I tell them and Mr Knight look at me for a long second before letting out a breath.

"Micah is right, you shouldn't go to work today" he tell me and I frown. What will I do if I don't go to work?

"I'll stay with her" Micah say and Mr Knight threw him a glare.

"What? She'll be lonely otherwise, you can't stay home, you're the big boss" Micah explain with a shrug and look back at me "Doesn't he have a meeting with anyone special today, sunshine?" He ask with a sheepish grin.

"You do have a meeting with Mr&Mrs George, regarding the gala" I tell him and he let out a frustrating sigh before running a hand through his hair.

"See? You can't bail on the poor old couple, and you gotta meet Tony as well today" he tell Mr Knight and I did not miss the seriousness in his tone.

"I'll deal with you when I get back" he mutters pointing a finger at Micah to which Micah only chuckle.

He then look at me and take a couple steps forward and his eyes drop down to my hands before they trailed back up to my face.

"Don't get your hands wet, ok?" He say, voice softer and gentle and I couldn't fight the shade of red that coated my cheeks while I gave him a soft node.

"And you" he turn to Micah and points his index finger at him "don't annoy her to death"

"I'll try" Micah retort back making Mr Knight shake his head before he swing his coat around his shoulders, sparing me one last look he walked out of the living room.

"Let's go eat, I'm starving and I bet so are you" Micah says and I chuckle at him before following him in the kitchen.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆
Nathan

Today had to be the most boring and annoying day in the history of my career. I was dying to see her and I've only been at the office for hardly 3 hours and it's already fucking up my mind. What might she be doing right now.

I know Micah did this on purpose to annoy me and it's working to damn well, but on the other hand I need to have a look at what other clues Tony gathered for me.

Picking up my phone I dialed Micah's number and waited for him to pick up.

"Nathan pierce Knight, calling on my cellphone? This is a dear diary moment for me" he chuckle and I roll my eyes.

"What's she doing?" I ask resting my head back on my chair and just then heard her voice on the other end but I couldn't quite understand what she was saying.

"We're playing UNO, and I'm folding like a cheap hooker who got kicked in the stomach by a fat man" he whine and I chuckle. That's my girl.

"I'm headed towards Tony, stay at my place till I come back" I tell him.

"Noted Boss" he says and the line goes dead.

Grabbing my coat I get up and walk out of my office just to stop in front of the door of her empty office.

She's only been working for me for a few weeks and it already feels too empty without her.

Shaking my head I walk in the elevator and dial Tony's cell and he picked up on the second ring.

"I'm on my way, you better have something useful for me"

~~~~~~~~~~

Reaching Tony's work house I get out of my car and walk inside, his guards don't stop me and I walk straight to his office to find him seated in his chair while his hands worked furiously on the keyboard.

When he acknowledged my presence he shoot up from his chair.

I've known him for over 10 years now, he used to work for my father and he's very well aware of what I'm capable of.

"You've kept me waiting for a long time Tony" I tell him as I take a seat across him.

"It's Duke we're talking about, that son of a bitch knows very well how to cover his tracks" he says and I can't disagree with him.

I been looking for Duke for 6 years and there's no sign of him up until recently and it was as if he was poking me, mocking me, which isn't too smart, his over-confidence is what will help me drag him out of his sewer.

"What information do you have so far?" I ask and he slide a file across the desk and I pick it up with a frown.

"Those two threatening notes were written by the same person, but the second one you found on the windshield, it's writting was messy, as if whoever it is, wrote it in a hurry" he explain while I rummage through through the file in my hands till I found an old man's picture in it.

"That man, Joseph Stalin, he was caught putting the threatening note on your car in your offices CCTV, but he's not the culprit, he's just a puppet the culprit used to hide itself from the camera, which means whoever it is knows the area and where the cameras are" he continues and I read Joseph's background information.

Single father
Wife dead
Son, 16 yr old
Daughter, 18 year old

Turns out he used to work for various gangs as their top tier drug dealer.

"He kept the existence of his daughter hidden because of the kind of work he does, his son is in the college and daughter is being homeschooled"

A smirk stretch on my lips as I shut the file.

"I think we should pay Joseph a little visit" I say and get up, walking out with Tony right behind me.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Joseph's house wasn't that far from Tony's work house so we reached there in less than 20 minutes.

Parking Infront of his house I inspected the surroundings.

One story small house, the neighborhood wasn't that good either, explains how he managed to stay hidden from the police all these years after selling drugs.

Getting out the car I let Tony and his men break in the front door before I walk in after them.

"What is going on!? Who are you?!" Joseph shouts while Tony grabbed him by his throat and I heard rushing footsteps running up the stairs.

His face paled when he realized I heard it and my grin only widened.

I walk forward and take a seat on his sofa before gesturing Tony to let him go and he obeyed, letting him fall back on the couch.

"I don't know who you are, what you want from me?!" he seethe and I lean forward resting my elbows on my knees before sliding the threatening note on the coffee table that made his eyes go big.

"I don't know what that is" he say, his voice coming out squeaky.

"Get the kids" tony tell his men and they began rushing towards the staircase.

"Stop" I mutter stopping them.

"I'm not here to traumatize your children, tell me who gave this to you and I'll walk out of here and no one will be harmed" I say and he gulp, his eyes running back and forth between me and the note on the table.

"I don't–"

"And if you dare lie, I can promise you an eternity of pain and suffering for you and your children" I warn him and he stare at me, trying to see if I was bluffing.

When he realized that I wasn't here to play games he let out a shaky breath.

"A woman gave me that note to put it on your car and offered me a shit load of money" he confess and I frown. A woman?

"Did you see her face?" I ask and he shakes his head.

"She had her face covered, all I saw was her jet black hair, her height was around 5 foot, petite figure. Probably at the age of 20 to 25" he explain and I arch my brow.

"You seem to know quite alot of details of a woman whose face you didn't see" I say and he let out a dry chuckle.

"I been in this business for quite some time to learn the basics" he say and I gesture Tony and his men to leave.

As they left the house I put a check on his table and he look at me, confused.

"Get yourself and your kids away from here if you know what's best for them" I tell him and get up and walk out of the house.

A woman.

Things just got interesting.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

End of chapter my lovelies
Hope you guys are enjoying the book so far
If you like it please don't forget to vote and comment
Have fun reading my sweets
Peace out✌🏼

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 437 9
- Sequel of Mafia's cruel love - NOTE: This Book can be read without reading the first one but still if you don't want to be confused at some point...
43.3K 2.7K 59
[Re-editing the chapters from 1 to 20 and also changing the name of female lead after finishing the story] [NOT AN MAFIA OBESSION STORY] KIM TAEHYUNG...
50.7K 1.4K 43
jeon jungkook Ɨ kang heaven( your name) mafia king Ɨ mafia queen . . . . . ?? - who she is ?? - she is the most beautiful girl in the world ki...
304K 12.9K 77
"What do you want from me? Why did you kidnapped me? "I shouted at them. "Because you did the biggest mistake of your life to go against us! And now...