Written in the Stars

By kayley_ulmer

In which Kit Knight finds herself trying to stifle feelings for her brother's best friend, who just so happen... More

Introduction
bonus: aesthetics
01: Oh, Brother
02: Dance With Me
03: Love Science
04: Code Breakers
05: Boyfriend
06: Beach Party
07: Date Night
08: Kings and Queens
09: Worldwide
10: Paralyzed
11: 2 Truths and a Lie
12: Contest
13: All Around the World
14: Super Moon
15: Double Dibs
16: Daddy Issues
17: Self-Titled Album
18: Exes and Uh-Ohs
19: Moment of Truth
20: Babysitters' Club
21: Gold Rush
22: Camping, Hollywood-Style
23: Puppy Love
24: Kit Gets Promoted
25: Scandal
26: Liar, Liar
27: Bonus
28: Prince Not-So-Charming & Robot Cinderella
29: Tour-Bus Logan
30: Pranks 2.0
31: The Return of Wagonie
32: The C in MCAT
33: Break Out
bonus: social media
Bonus: Sneakers
Bonus: Second Studio Album
Bonus: Songwriters
Bonus: Reality Stars
Bonus: Bad Boys
Bonus: s1 headcanons
Bonus: Moms

34: Dreams Do Come True

536 11 4
By kayley_ulmer

 ❝we gotta keep living for these moments / 'cause this is our time

- we are: big time rush

The 2013 Tween Choice Awards promised big things for Big Time Rush. Kit's second studio album debuted earlier that same week with record-breaking sales and excellent reviews. Not only had they been nominated for five awards, but they were performing. Gustavo even managed to have Kit slotted as a guest performer with them. Even that wasn't the most exciting part to the boys; they each had a certain something in mind, and couldn't shake the feeling that it was going to come true on awards night.

That feeling only grew as the day drew closer. For their first rehearsal, Kit and Big Time Rush got to see the stage in person. It was unreal. The screens behind them were even showing the Big Time Rush logo over a red and black logo. Underneath, it also read: featuring Kit Knight, in the same familiar font as her albums. The twins turned to look at the jumbo screen, pointing at it in awe.

"This is amazing!"

Carlos stared around in awe.

"We've been watching this show all our lives," James added. "And now, we're performing on it!"

Gustavo and Kelly watched them from just in front of the stage.

"Dogs, fox," Gustavo called to them. "Tomorrow night is the night we have worked so long and hard for. Live from the Tween Choice Awards, all of your dreams will come true!"

Kit furrowed her eyebrows briefly at the term. It soon faded into a grin as it sunk in that it really was just one day away. Kelly beamed at them.

"Wait," Carlos gasped. "You mean I'm finally gonna get a girlfriend?"

Kelly's lips parted. She looked on with concern.

"And I finally get to kiss Lucy," James pointed to himself. "Which can't happen 'cause she's touring Europe."

His smile faded and he turned to glare at Gustavo. Logan shared a knowing look. He held up a finger as he spoke:

"And I will find the oft-rumored, yet never seen Tween Choice Goop Room, the legendary source of goop."

He nodded, smiling. Kit laughed softly.

"Yeah," said Kelly. "Please don't do that."

"Ah, yeah," Gustavo's expression didn't change. "The dream is to win the amazing Gustavo Rocque his first Purple Rocket."

It was surprising that Gustavo didn't already have one, as this was the 24th annual run of the show. The Purple Rocket was the distinctive trophy that winners of the Tween Choice Award received. The group turned around to look at the one being displayed on the screens. Kit's eyes widened. She really wanted that rocket. Not only would it be physical proof that her music career was bigger than she ever imagined, but it also combined her two favorite things into one: space and her job.

The teens turned back to Gustavo with reassuring tongue clicks and a few finger guns. He stared at the twins.

"What's with you?" Gustavo asked them, eyes narrowing.

"Why aren't you two shouting out your dreams?"

Kendall turned to share a brief look with Kit. She spoke first:

"Uh, the goop thing. You know, for science," Kit pointed to Logan.

She offered them a grin. It was half-true; there was something else Kit had in mind for tomorrow night. They shrugged in response, accepting this.

All eyes turned to Kendall expectantly.

"Well," he said. "It's just that every time we do an hour-long TV special, something goes horribly wrong."

His friends gave him confused looks.

"What?"

"Well," Kendall explained. "The Tween Choice is an hour long, and it is special. I just don't want anything to go wrong."

"What could go wrong?" Kelly asked.

"Uh, yeah," Gustavo held up eight fingers. "We're up for eight Tween Choice Awards, we're giving away mac and cheese for life, and you're singing in front of 21 million people worldwide."

The teens glanced around at the set again, excited.

Unbeknownst to them, somewhere off in the very same building, they were being watched. The room was a very specific yellow color that matched the suit that the short man was wearing. The floor had a white circle with an S printed in the middle of it. The ceiling had an interesting, circular structure on it with various lights and a smaller circle with a hole in the middle of it. A man stood with his eyes on the monitor that showed the five teens standing on stage. He had several other monitors set up, showing him satellites on Earth and in space, and a large countdown clock. It had just shy of 1 day, 33 minutes left.

"And that's 21 million minds that will be under my control, making my dream come true!'

He cackled to himself.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Okay," Kelly informed them. "So before our dream day tomorrow, we've got a huge day today."

This was met with thumbs-ups.

Griffin silently approached them. He stood beside Gustavo.

"Which includes recording a song and shooting a commercial for Sharky's live mac and cheese for life giveaway–"

Kendall and Kit slowly turned to the screens which Griffin gestured to. Sharky was the brand's mascot. It reminded Kit of a cheap amusement park character, which she was afraid of. The ad did promise Mac & cheese for life! Griffin continued once they turned their attentions back to him:

"Which helps my dream come true of someday becoming the number one CEO in the country."

"But first..."

An unexpected voice spoke from behind them. The teens jumped in fright as someone snuck up and clasped their arms around as much of the group as they could reach. They grinned as they recognized him.

"Dress rehearsal with Nick Cannon!"

The show's host shared high-fives with each of them.

"What up? What up? What up? What up? What up? What Up?"

"Man, this show is gonna be so big!" Nick told them.

He gestured to Big Time Rush and Kit with one hand each, "I mean, you guys are here–"

He turned out to look at the auditorium. Some of the workers were already setting out placeholders that showed where the celebrity attendees and nominees would be seated.

"We got Penelope Lewis, who was recently announced as the youngest-ever judge on America's Next Dance Super Star, and Lucy Stone just agreed to come!"

Gustavo and Kelly glanced at the spot for Lucy. Jaws dropping, they turned to look at James.

"Lucy's gonna be here?" James asked Nick.

"Yeah, man," he said. "I mean, she's in from Europe just for the show."

James gasped. Carlos leaned in, placing a hand excitedly on Logan's shoulders.

"Well, that's amazing," Logan turned his head sharply to Nick. "Where's the Goop Room?"

Nick furrowed his brows. He looked at Logan, shaking his head:

"Logan, that's a rumor."

He ignored this.

"Oh, okay, Nick, a purple goopy rumor that I will find."

Nick turned his head slightly to the left to lock eyes with Kit. She could only offer him a shrug and a quiet laugh.

A voice instructed them over the loudspeakers:

Okay, let's get dress rehearsal going!

Gustavo, Kelly, and Griffin scattered.

Nick ran to take his place at the podium and introduce them. "And let's 'Get Up' with Big Time Rush and Kit Knight!"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Kelly and Gustavo were right; their schedule had been packed. The day started with a dress rehearsal at 11:47 A.M. Kit might not have liked to dance, but she picked up the boy's altered choreography fast. She fit smoothly into the group. The song they were performing was "We Are" from their new album.

Then, at 1:30 P.M., Gustavo had the boys back at Rocque Records to record a special song for Sharky's commercial. At precisely 4:34 P.M, the commercial shoot began. Once she saw the horrendous yellow outfits they put the boys in, Kit had never been more glad not to be in it. She was proud of them for seamlessly shifting back to the 4-person choreography.

As the three of them watched their boys perform, someone approached Kelly, Kit, and Gustavo to offer them each a bowl of mac and cheese. Kelly and Kit gasped, taking one with no questions asked. Gustavo scowled at them, waving his hand. Kit decided to focus on her snack and not the dancing man in the odd shark costume.

The commercial ended with a play on the lyrics. If you're tired of waiting, make it Sharky's Mac and Cheese. The boys spun back around to face the camera, each holding a QR code that they were told took visitors to the contest's website. They spoke their line together:

"And now it's time to see if you're the big-time winner."

The director yelled cut. Gustavo and Kelly titled their heads at the screen that showed the footage. He pointed vaguely to it, asking:

"Hey, uh, what's with the square things?"

The boys looked down at them, equally unfamiliar.

"Hmm," said Logan. "Looks like a crossword puzzle."

Carlos traced his fingers over the shapes. "I think I see a dog."

Logan laughed at this.

Kit raised her eyebrows; they weren't Rorschach Tests. She was honestly surprised Logan didn't know what it was. Though, she was curious why each of the four were slightly different.

"I'll let the man behind the mac and cheese explain it," Griffin said as he walked up to the edge of the set. "Martin Sharkus."

A man wearing an all-yellow suit approached them. He grinned at them, though it showed no teeth.

"The man took a simple mac and cheese recipe—a food I hate— and took over the Giganticorps empire, making him a more powerful CEO than me, which I also hate."

Kit didn't like the way Sharkus rubbed his hands together. There was something about him that struck her as vaguely familiar, but she couldn't quite place it.

"But," Sharkus turned to point at the boys. "We both agree that Big Time Rush would be perfect, starring with Sharky the Shark."

He gestured over to the mascot in question. Kit gasped, moving to hide behind Gustavo. She peeked her head out from behind his shoulder at it. Griffin gave her an odd look. It had done little more than wave at them, but Kit wanted no part in it. She also thought he looked vaguely like a dolphin. And Kit hated dolphins once she learned that they were not the loveable creatures they pretended to be for humans.

"Ooh. What's up, Sharky?"

"Hey, Sharky!"

The boys waved to it.

Sharkus continued, "In my 'win mac and cheese for life giveaway,' and when your commercial airs live, those square things will flash a secret 3-D cheese code, making somebody very happy."

Kit furrowed her brow at this. So, they weren't QR codes? She didn't quite understand how this worked, but was too shaken by her fear of Sharky to ask.

The boys took out some of the special 3-D glasses provided and looked at their squares. They tried different distances, but couldn't quite see what Sharkus was talking about.

"And with 21 million people watching, that will be me," Sharkus chuckled.

Kit did a double take as it soon turned into a full-on cackle. The boys, too, slowly looked up at him suspiciously. That feeling of uncanny returned.

Noticing the others' reactions, Sharkus looked around and quieted. "What?"

"Uh," Kendall pointed his glasses at the man. "It's just that your laugh sounded a little evil."

Kit bit her tongue at the thought that Sharkus had to be evil to amass as much wealth as he had. She simply shrugged, agreeing.

"Yeah, it did," said James with a regretful grin.

Logan held his forefinger and thumb an inch apart, "Little bit."

Carlos gestured to his neck, "Deep voice."

Sharkus scoffed. Shaking his head, he said:

"I don't think so, it's–"

He laughed again, but soon stopped.

"You know what?" He nodded. "That did sound evil. I get that I– you're right"

He clapped his hands together. "That's a wrap, everybody!"

Sharkus left them, eyes wide.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Kendall still felt uneasy as they walked through the front entrance to the Palm Woods.

"So," he glanced at the group. "Nobody else got a bad vibe from this Sharkus guy?"

"I don't know," said Kit. "There's something about him that feels... familiar, and I'm not sure."

"You're right," Logan snapped his finger. "We need to join forces and search underneath the Tween Choice Arena for the Goop Room."

"No," said Kendall.

"Dream killer!"

Upset, James rubbed a hand at his forehead. He dropped it.

"So, Lucy leaves without saying goodbye–"

"Oh, she did to me," Kit interrupted.

James narrowed his eyes at her.

"Without saying goodbye," he repeated. "And now she's back without saying, 'let's get together.'"

The group slowed.

"I'm mad," James frowned.

Logan crossed his arms over his chest. Kendall placed a hand to James's chest, stopping him.

"No," Kendall said again. "Your dream is to kiss her, so go put on a nice outfit for the award show to be nice to her in!"

"I will!" James didn't look any less unhappy, but he went anyway.

He stormed past Jo, Penny, and Camille as he headed to the elevators. They glanced at him, brows furrowed at his sour mood. Each of the girls were dressed up. Jo wore a pretty blue dress with a matching thin headband, and Camille's dress was a bolder red patterned one with a black belt. Although she had on makeup that suggested a formal look, Penny wore her usual jeans and some high heels.

"Ooh," Carlos pointed at them. "You guys know that the award show's tomorrow, right?"

The girls walked slowly and unsteadily towards them. Jo explained:

"We're just testing out some Tween Choice presenter fashions–"

As Jo stumbled slightly, Penny added, "And heels. You'd think I could balance better in these things, but, uh, nope."

Camille added, "The stars of Rock Camp 9 and the Danica Patrick movie–"

She pointed to Jo, who smiled and gave a small curtsy.

"Are presenting the award for Awesomest Music Act."

"Hopefully, to Big Time Rush," Jo added.

"Well, According to Gustavo," Kendall smiled. "It is the night that all of our dreams come true."

The girls smiled at this. Camille stumbled slightly, leaning on Penny as she lost her balance.

"Yeah," Carlos frowned. "Except for my dream of ever getting a girlfriend!"

Penny rolled her lips inwards. It was her who almost fell over that time. Camille helped her upright, shooting her a knowing glance. All four of the girls —including Kit— raised their eyebrows at Carlos.

"Wait," Logan furrowed his brow. "What about the Jennifers?"

Kit glanced briefly at Logan at this question, a bit confused that this was his question. She then looked at Carlos.

"That was one date with each of them, and one date does not count as a girlfriend!"

Kit blinked. Actually, he had dated blonde Jennifer for an excruciatingly long week. Penny's frown only deepened.

Jo shrugged, leaning slightly to the right in her uncomfortable shoes.

"Right," said Camille. "And then they just.... Disappeared."

Carlos whispered: "Like they were gone with the wind."

Penny rolled her eyes. She knew exactly where the Jennifers were.

Just as Carlos wistfully waved his hands, a strong gust of wind howled and blew in from the pool. It nearly sent poor Camille falling over on top of Penny. She caught her. Jo grimaced at it, leaning away. They each turned to look outside.

Sure enough, the Jennifers walked in their usual slow-motion fashion around the pool. Well, almost. Kit noticed that they were one Jen short; never to be incomplete, they replaced Long-haired Jennifer with a cardboard cutout of herself. Penny was not surprised that such a thing existed.

Jaw agape, Carlos rushed forward towards them. The others followed, Jo moving to Kendall and Penny and Camille next to Kit and Logan.

"Oh," Carlos gasped. "The Jennifers! You're back!"

Logan and Jo shared confused looks. The Jennifers put their hands on their hips. Carlos eyed the cardboard one:

"Sort of," he tilted his head.

Blonde Jennifer explained, "We're hitting Tween Choice to promote our movie, Mermaid Surfer Princesses 3, that we just finished in Australia."

"Well," the other Jennifer corrected. "Two of us. Jennifer still has one more scene to shoot before she gets her tail back."

Carlos looked to Logan, impressed.

"And," Blonde Jennifer nodded. "We're so sorry for how we treated Carlos all those times, so we're back for him, too."

Penny's expression turned into one of horror. The others remained equally unimpressed. It hardly sounded sincere. Unaware of his friend's displeasure, Carlos simply gasped.

He pointed to himself. The group asked,

"This him?"

The Jennifers took another step forward:

"After being away for ten months, it made us realize that there's no one sweeter–"

"Or cuter," added the other Jennifer. "Than Carlos."

She turned to ask, "Isn't that right, cutout Jennifer?"

The others lifted her up and down, as if she were nodding.

Carlos remained frozen in shock.

"But," Jennifer pointed a finger at him. "You can only pick one of us."

Carlos leaned his head in, still gaping.

"And we know this is a tough decision," Blonde Jennifer told him. "So, we're gonna give you till the end of Tween Choice to decide."

They shrugged, offered a short, "Mhmm," and trudged forward, separating the group.

They turned wordlessly to watch them go.

"Oh, the Jennifers are back!" Carlos gasped.

His friends had another thought, "And they're nice!"

Well, except for Penny, who frowned. "Or not," she said quietly.

"And they want me," Carlos's eyes widened. "I guess this is the night all our dreams come true."

Penny turned her gaze away, unable to look at him any longer.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

When the door to the crib opened, Katie abruptly jumped up from her seat on the couch.

"Did you get 'em? Did you get 'em?"

She was pestering Kendall before they made it farther than the breakfast bar. Her eagerness startled Carlos. The four slowed to a stop.

Kendall smirked. He silently held out two V.I.P. passes for the Awards.

"Yes!" Katie exclaimed. "My dreams of meeting Austin Mahone will finally come true."

Teasingly, Kit said, "I guess that explains the makeup."

Katie narrowed her eyes at her sister. She cut off her retort as Kendall held the passes higher, out of her reach.

"Yes," he said. "But it will be a nightmare if you lose these, because they cannot be replaced."

Mama Knight, who had gotten up from the couch and approached them, grabbed them from his hand.

"Which means," she said. "I will put them in a safe place."

Katie grabbed them, "No, I will."

She held them up, eyes wide. "Can't risk you losing my ticket to Austin."

Rolling her eyes, Mama Knight shook her head.

James was finally done dressing up for Lucy. He clapped his hands, rubbing them together, as he reached the group. He stood behind Kit and Logan. This caused them to step aside, moving next to Katie and Mrs. Knight. The couple stared at James, confused.

"Okay," said James. "Tween Choice Awards/purple carpet outfit ready for me to give Lucy a piece of my mind."

Kendall raised an eyebrow and shared a look with Kit. The outfit in question was a black shirt under a dark brown leather jacket.

James smirked, adding, "Or lips."

"Gross," Kit scrunched her nose.

Eyes wide, he glanced sideways at Kit. "I'm conflicted."

"You know," said Logan. "Walking the purple carpet has always been a dream of mine."

Kit nodded along.

"How many dreams do you have?" Kendall asked, confused.

Logan's cheeks warmed for a second at this. He was quick to brush it off, raising his eyebrows. Well, as of right now, he only cared about three of them. But that was a secret. Instead, he said:

"A lot more than you, dreamless."

"And he should have a lot of dreams." Carlos agreed. "'Cause tomorrow all our dreams come true at..."

They finished the sentence together, cheering: "The Tween Choice Awards!"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Ryan Newman hosted the purple carpet segment and greeted the celebrities as they entered. She faced the camera, smiling.

"Welcome to the Tween Choice purple carpet," she spoke into her microphone, voice raised to speak above the cheers. "I'm Ryan Newman, and with me, as always, is Sharky the Shark."

Sharky jumped into frame and waved to the camera. Turning to him, Ryan said:

"Are you ready for lots of goop and lots of stars tonight?"

She held the microphone out to Sharky, who danced in response.

"I think that's a yes!"

"Oh," Ryan turned to something off camera. "And here come the stars–"

"Like nominee Lucy Stone!"

Lucy waved to some of the fans as she rounded the corner. She looked beautiful. Her hair had been curled for the occasion and she wore a shiny, cropped gold jacket over a black studded dress, purple eyeshadow, and a statement necklace.

"Who are you looking forward to seeing tonight?" Ryan asked her.

"Uh, well, Ryan," Lucy turned to the camera. "I can't wait to see–"

James popped up on the other side of Ryan, grabbing the mic from her.

"Is it James Diamond from Big Time Rush?"

James grinned. "'Cause here he is."

Ryan gaped at him. James turned to lock eyes with Lucy, who simply smiled at him.

"Oh," she laughed. "Uh, hi, James."

"Oh," James gently took back the mic. "Looks like Lucy is good at saying hi–"

Ryan looked into the camera, confused.

"What about 'goodbye,' though, like when she goes away for a European tour and doesn't say goodbye, hmm? Ask her that, Ryan."

But James just moved the microphone over to Lucy. She spared the cameras a look.

"Are you sure you want to do this right now?"

James and Lucy both cleared their throats and turned to smile at the camera.

Ryan took back her microphone.

"Uh, so who do you think's gonna get gooped tonight, guys?"

James shrugged, "All I'm saying is that it would've been nice to get one goodbye."

"Okay," said Lucy. "Well, how's this? Goodbye!"

She waved to the cameras, then walked past a confused and offended Ryan and James.

James, still not seeming to know where he was, turning to Ryan. He held his hands out, "Can you believe that?"

She was quick to put on her host's smile. "And can you believe that tonight, live, Big Time Rush is giving away Sharky's Mac and Cheese for life?"

The rest of the band, led by Logan, rushed up to stand by Ryan. They were slightly less dressed-up than James. Kendall wore a simple white and black striped shirt, while Logan and Carlos went with collared button-down shirts. Logan's was a grayish tan color with black on the shoulders and arms and a thin black tie was tied around his neck. Carlos wore a gray vest over his simple white shirt. Logan slid behind Ryan and pulled an arm around James, gripping his shoulder.

"That's right," said Logan.

"Yes," Carlos grabbed the mic. "And I'm getting a girlfriend."

Ryan yanked her microphone back, sighing. She turned to Kendall.

"Are you ready for the craziest hour on TV?"

"Uh, well," said Kendall. "We've had some trouble in the past with hour-long TV specials, Ryan."

Logan shot the camera a sidelong glance, confused. Carlos just smiled and waved.

"So, I'm just gonna make sure nothing goes wrong tonight," Kendall finally gave the camera a dimpled grin.

"Um, okay," Ryan blinked. "So, you guys are performing tonight. Are you excited?"

"Yes," said Kendall. "We're just missing our partner in crime–"

"Oh, there she is!" Carlos exclaimed. He turned his head to something further down the carpet, off camera.

"It's Kit Knight, everybody," said Ryan.

Kit waved to the crowd, then offered the cameras a wide smile. She was practically glowing. This was the first time the guys saw what she was wearing, and Logan couldn't tear his eyes off of her. Her hair had been left down in its usual waves, with part of it pulled in front to cover her bare shoulders. Kit wore a simple silver necklace. Her makeup was done in neutral colors that accentuated her natural beauty. The black dress she wore was strapless and just shy of fingertip length, and it was accented with a decorative cut-out that had silver fabric in its place; the pieces were looped in a pattern. The silver color perfectly matched the rings she wore, her bracelet, and the metallic color in her nail polish. Her silver heels gave Kit a little of height. The guys pulled her in. Kendall and Logan swung an arm around her at either side. Logan blinked rapidly at her.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Meanwhile, off in the mysterious room, the same man watched the purple carpet feed. He pressed paused on Kendall. He called out to somebody:

"Keep an eye on the tall, skinny one, Wendall."

It was Sharkus. He still wore the same yellow suit.

"No," He darted his eyes to the side. "Kendall. And the twin– Kat, Kit, whatever it is; I don't trust her, either."

He turned in his chair, "For nothing is to get in the way of the big cheese."

The Sharky who he was instructing didn't react.

Tilting his head, he asked: "Is it Wendall and Kat or Kendall and Kit?"

The shark circled his fin. Sharkus seemed to understand him.

"Kit and Kendall? Really?"

Sharky's entire body moved as he nodded. Sharkus paused for a moment, then turned back to his monitors.

"Well, little do Kendall and Kit know that tonight 21 million viewers will be under my control, all with the help of Big Time Rush."

He pressed a red button on his control panel. The end of their commercial began to play. Sharkus pulled out a pair of the 3-D cheese glasses and held them up. His timer counted down to just under 1 hour and 45 minutes.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The arena was filling up as the last celebrity guests arrived. Several beams of lights shone around the crowd. The cameras panned across it as the show started.

Sharky's Mac and Cheese for life giveaway presents the 24th annual Tween Choice Awards!

Graphics showing a box of Sharky's Mac & Cheese and the TCA's logo flashed over the television screen.

And now, here's your explosive host, Nick Cannon!

Nick rode on stage in a golf cart. It was black with various splats of different colors that matched the award's logos. The crowd erupted into cheers. He waved his hands around as he stood:

"Oh, oh, oh, oh! What's up, Tween Choice? We got Big Time Rush. We got Kit Knight. We got Mindless Behavior. We got Dance Super Star Penelope Lewis"

Katie stared at the tv in the crib. She held up the two lanyards Kendall had given her. Although she was all dressed up in a pretty coral top and makeup, she had nowhere to go.

"And we've got two shrunken V.I.P. passes."

She turned her head to look at her mother. Mrs. Knight held out her hands.

"What were you thinking?"

Katie shrugged, "You said put them someplace safe."

Mama Knight picked up two glasses from the still-steaming dishwasher, "So you put them in the dishwasher?"

"You never do the dishes," Katie defended. "And now I'm not gonna get into Sharky's V.I.P. room to meet Austin."

She collapsed back against the couch, resigned.

"Well, we could..."

Mrs. Knight reached over to pick something else up. "Make some Sharky's Mac and Cheese and have our own V.I.P. party?"

She held up her hands, along with the box, and danced slightly.

Katie raised her brows, "Can Austin come?"

"I think he has plans," her smile fell.

Katie turned her head back to the screen. She frowned as Nick continued:

"We got Austin Mahone."

As the crowd on the TV screamed in excitement, Katie let out a scream of her own.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Penny was waiting for her friends in the V.I.P. lounge. She spoke with a reporter who was asking her questions about her career and about being a judge on a reality show. As this was her first real awards show, Penny had been planning her outfit for weeks.

She looked classic, but beautiful. Her coppery hair had been pulled half-up into a ponytail and the rest cascaded around her shoulders. Penny's purple eyeshadow matched the theme for the night and was just the right shade to compliment the deep blues and greens in her dress. It was a thin-strapped cowlneck gown that came to just her knees. Penny completed the look with a simple black pair of heels, golden leaf earrings, several gold rings, and a thick gold bracelet.

"But, no, yeah," she said. "Everybody was very nice. And I'm just so excited to show everyone what amazing talent we have–"

Big Time Rush and Kit walked into the V.I.P. lounge. Kelly and Gustavo were waiting for them by the door.

"Okay," said Kelly. "The first award you guys are up for is Awesomest Music Group."

"Sweet," they grinned.

James and Kendall wiggled their fingers together in a secret handshake. Logan gave Kit's hand that he was holding a little squeeze.

"And remember," added Gustavo. "When you win that Purple Rocket, I want you to tell those 21 million viewers I'm wonderful and amazing."

Gustavo wiggled his fingers over his face in a move stolen from James.

The boys agreed, clicking their tongues and shooting off some finger-guns.

Gustavo's good mood didn't last. A waiter offered him some food in a bowl that looked like a tilted fishbowl. He yelled at the poor kid:

"I hate mac and cheese!"

Gustavo snapped his fingers and he and Kelly left, the latter of whom gave them one last thumbs-up.

Carlos, Kit, and Logan took a step to where Kelly and Gustavo had been.

"Okay," he said. "Let's focus. When do we look for the Goop Room?"

"No Goop Room," Kendall cut him off. "And no trouble."

"And," James pointed to Kendall. "No dreams."

"Hey," he defended. "I have dreams!"

"Uh, yeah," Carlos said, shrugging. "You haven't said one yet."

Logan pointed to him, nodding.

"Then, why did I just form the Dream Team?"

"Sounds stupid," Logan said. "What is it?"

"An alliance," Kendall answered. "Where we all put our hands in and vow to help fulfill each other's dream tonight."

Kendall held out his hand, palm facing down. He quirked up an eyebrow, challenging them. Kit was the first to place her hand on top of his. Kendall kept his brows quirked but smiled at his sister knowingly. Carlos and Logan shared a look.

"I'm in," said James. He added his hand atop the twins'.

That was all Carlos and Logan needed to hear:

"I'm in."

"Let's do it."

"Right," said Kendall.

He broke their hands apart to grab Carlos by the shoulders. The others followed suit.

"Now, initiate Girlfriend Dream launch!"

They scanned the room. Carlos gasped. His eyes landed first on the Jennifers, who were posing for some pictures. They put Jennifer's blue dress over her cutout.

"Oh..." Carlos frowned. "I don't know which one."

"Whichever one catches you is your girlfriend," Kendall said.

"Dream Team: fire!"

They pushed Carlos forwards towards the Jennifers. He stumbled and crashed into someone else. The boys flinched. Kit smacked James on the chest excitedly, as she realized that it was Penny.

Penny helped Carlos straighten himself out. She grabbed him by the shoulders. He gasped at the sight of her.

"P-Penny," he managed to get out.

"Hi, Carlos," she smiled.

He glanced down at his hands. "You look– you– you–"

Penny raised her eyebrows expectantly. Carlos couldn't seem to find his tongue. She raised her eyebrows as she spotted something over his shoulder.

"Hold that thought," Penny grimaced. "The Jennifers are headed this way."

He whipped around. Carlos waved to them. When he turned back around to finish telling Penny what he started, she was gone. He looked around, confused. The guys and Kit stepped over to him.

"Look, guys," said Carlos. "Penny was the first girl to catch me. And then she disappeared."

James and Kit beamed. It devolved into confusion at the last part.

"Huh?"

Carlos gasped, "What if she's doing some covert operations–"

Penny had played a spy in the last music video she starred in. Kit frowned as she wondered if Carlos knew that had been just pretend.

"What if the Jennifers aren't really as nice as they seemed by the pool?"

James tried to gesture behind Carlos and tell him that they were approaching.

"Carlos?"

He yelped at the sound of Curly-haired Jennifer's voice. Carlos stumbled back to stand next to Kit.

"Have you picked yet?" The girls looked at him expectantly.

"I mean, we're nicer now," said Blonde Jennifer. "But we still hate waiting."

Kelly and Gustavo rushed up to them.

"Well, you'll have to wait longer!" Kelly told them.

"'Cause Camille and Jo are presenting the first award!"

"Dream Team, away!"

Carlos didn't immediately go with his friends as they began to sprint towards the main room, but followed once Kendall led him away. The Jennifers sighed, watching him leave.

Gustavo and Kelly went to watch from one of the TVs in the lounge.

"Give it up for Rock Camp 9's Camille Roberts and from Zombies, Zombies, Always Zombies, Jo Taylor!"

Camille and Jo stepped out on stage. They waved to the crowd. Kit, Kendall, Logan, James, and Carlos slipped into their seats just as they stepped out.

Jo went with the same dress as yesterday, while Camille chose a different, patterned dress with purple on it.

"We are here to announce the winner for Awesomest Music Group," Jo spoke into the microphone.

"Wait, Jo," Camille held up her hand. She gasped, "Did you say 'Awesomest Music Goop?'"

A siren wailed and the girls were drenched with the purple substance. They flinched as it fell down on them from above.

The guys laughed. Kit winced slightly on their behalf but giggled still.

"It's magnificent," Logan whispered to Kit.

Camille chuckled once it finally stopped.

"And the Purple Rocket goes to..."

Jo struggled to open the envelope, as it was now drenched in goop. She held it up. Camille secretly shot the boys a thumbs-up.

Logan crossed his fingers. The others stared intensely. The girls smiled but their disappointment could still be heard by those who knew them well:

"One Direction!"

"Oh," Gustavo yelled. "I want that rocket!"

The guys and Kit, however, were happy for them.

"Doesn't surprise me," Kendall admitted.

Carlos leaned in to James. They both agreed, "They had a good year."

Kendall had to pull Kit by the hand out of her chair to get her to stop staring at Niall Horan. She flushed slightly and followed her friends out of the aisle.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Katie watched Big Time Rush lose their first award from home. She still hadn't moved from her spot on the couch. Mama Knight set down a large bowl of mac and cheese for each of them on the coffee table.

"Okay," she said. "They still have four more chances for a rocket, Kit has three, and we've got lots of Sharky's Mac and Cheese in the V.I. Crib Room."

She stepped to the other side of her daughter and sat on the couch.

"Mom," Katie blinked. "No matter how hard you try, this will never be a V.I.P. room."

The front door of the apartment opened just as Mama Knight parted her lips to respond. Bitters, Buddha Bob, and Jett Stetson entered. Plungy even came dressed in a red bowtie for the occasion.

"Ooh," said Bitters. "Is there a party in here?"

"Oh," Buddha Bob added. "Looks more like a V.I.P. Room to me."

"And there's television!"

Jett seemed both excited and surprised by this.

"And mac and cheese!"

Bitters took one of the bowls from the table and sat down between Katie and Mrs. Knight.

"Yeah!" Buddha Bob grinned.

"You know," said Jett. "I prefer watching an event, rather than actually being there."

He sat right next to Katie, a pair of the 3-D glasses in his hands. Plungy and Buddha Bob took the end seat.

"Oh, me too," Buddha Bob agreed. "That looks like a lot of screaming, and here I'm so close to the bathroom."

"Ooh," Bitters shoved his bowl into Katie's hands. "And don't forget out V.I. Cheese-D glasses for our free mac and cheese for life giveaway!"

The three men put theirs on. Katie glanced at each of them.

"My mom put you up to this?"

All three of them darted their heads to look at Mrs. Knight, eyes wide. Her eyes also widened.

"No," she shook her head.

They laughed awkwardly.

"This is just so awesome," Jett tried.

Bitters laughed again and took back his food.

"You know," Katie said. "The Tween Choice Award V.I.P. Room has Sharky the Shark. Do you see Sharky the Shark in here?"

Mama Knight gaped, looking around. She smiled as her eyes spotted a cartoon shark. As she picked up the box and put it on the table, Sharky facing Katie, she beamed. Jett pointed to it.

"Ah, ha ha!"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Back in the real V.I.P. lounge, Carlos was getting himself a snack and wearing the Cheese 3-D glasses. Kendall and Logan leaned against the counter.

"Okay," said James. "Next up, Dream Team, is my kiss with Lucy."

"And–"

"Hey," Camille smiled at them.

She was still covered in goop. James yelped at the sight of her and Jo.

"We got to go change," Camille explained.

Jo reached her hands up to wipe some away from her eyebrows. "They said it takes up to three hours to get the goop out."

"But it was totally worth it," Camille said.

Logan reached a hand out. He grabbed Camille's shoulders. She glanced down at it, confused. Logan rubbed the substance between his fingers. Kit leaned in to watch.

"Hmm," he stared at it. "The viscosity's dense, so although it falls from the sky, it must sit stored in the bowels of the arena."

"Ew," Jo grimaced. "And we'll see you guys at the after-party we've always dreamed of."

"What after-party?" Kendall furrowed his brow.

"You're the Dream Team," said Camille. "You guys figure it out."

Kit waved her best friends off as they left. James shook his head, chuckling. His smile faded as he lost sight of Lucy in the crowd.

"Oh, great," he said. "Now Lucy's gone."

"Uh," Kendall blinked. "Is Sharky staring at us?"

Kit gasped. She huddled into Logan. Quietly, she said:

"See, I told you guys, I don't trust him–"

Logan wrapped his arms around her.

Carlos lifted his glasses up to get a better look.

"It's okay, Kit Kat," he said. "Maybe he's just thinking about the ocean and stuff."

"Okay," Logan said. "And stop worrying about hour specials."

"Yeah," James agreed. "I mean, do you see a beach drag race anywhere or a Griffin trying to break up the band or a bunch of henchmen in jumpsuits?"

Kit stilled at the last one. Just as the words left James's lips, four men wearing matching yellow jumpsuits walked past the group.

"Okay," Logan blinked. "Ignore that."

Kendall silently walked after them. Logan held Kit's hand as they followed the group of mysterious men. Two of the men entered a section roped-off and hidden behind a yellow curtain. The other two stood guard by the entrance.

"Excuse me," Kendall gestured to the area behind the men. "Uh, what is this?"

Sharkus stepped out dramatically from behind the curtains.

"It's the V.I. Cheese Room— the Giganticorps V.I.P. room, within the V.I.P. room."

Griffin and Gustavo exited behind him. Each was eating from a bowl of mac and cheese. Kit's eyes widened. The feeling of déjà vu worsened within her to the point that her stomach sank.

Griffin's eyes were wild as he spoke:

"Where we just got done screening your amazing mac and cheese commercial."

He shoveled another large forkful into his mouth. Sharkus turned to watch.

Kendall furrowed his brows, "I thought you hated mac and cheese."

"Uh, yeah," Kit added. "They both do."

"Mmm," said Griffin over the food. "Not after watching that commercial."

"Mm," Gustavo added. "It's amazing. Just like Sharky's amazing mac and cheese."

"Yes, it is," Sharkus cackled.

His grin faded as he looked back at the group. All five of them were now gaping at the scene before them.

"Now, if you'll excuse me," Sharkus said. "I've got some cheese-ness to attend to."

Logan gestured for them to go ahead.

Kit screamed as Sharky was revealed to be only a mere foot away from the group now.

She rushed to stand behind Kendall. Carlos, who was behind her, gripped her arm reassuringly. The Sharky stared at them a moment, then walked off after his boss. They turned back to Griffin and Gustavo. The pair now had two bowls each and the crazed looks had yet to leave their eyes. Usually-neat Arthur Griffin chewed so much mac and cheese that some of it fell out onto his chin. Gustavo and Griffin grabbed another bowl as a waiter walked by.

"So, nobody thinks that something is wrong here?" Asked Kendall.

"Yes! Kendall I–"

But Kelly cut Kit off.

"Uh, I do!" She ran over to them, crashing into Gustavo. "Like, you're not in your seats for Awesomest Video!"

"Oh!"

"Oh, oh, yeah!"

They ran off to make it in time. Gustavo stopped eating just long enough to call after them:

"Get out there and get me my rocket!"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Let's have some mindless fun with Mindless Behavior!"

They, too, were slimed in their attempts to announce the winner.

"We didn't even get to say anything!"

"Yeah, seemed a little too... fast."

"The nominees for Awesomest Video are "Just Incredible" by Justin Timberlake"

James's eyes widened as he spotted a familiar face up closer by the front row. He nudged Kendall:

"Ooh, there's Lucy!"

"Okay," Kendall whispered back. "So, after this award the Dream Team will–"

But James didn't want to wait. He started to climb over the seats, despite being several rows away. Kendall tried to grab him by his jacket.

"James, no– James–"

But James was already leaning across three rows of seats.

"'Black-Eyed Video,' by Black Eyed Peas."

Lucy slowly turned her head as she heard grunting behind her. James gripped the backs of Lucy's seat and the one next to it. He smiled at her. She gave him an odd look.

"James, what are you doing?" She whispered.

"Apologizing for earlier."

The girl who sat next to Lucy held up a hand to push James away.

"And it's really great to see you."

Lucy smiled, "Apology accepted."

She clapped her hands.

"'You Dumped Me for Her' by Cool New Artist nominee, Lucy Stone."

Lucy continued her smiles for the cameras, "But I think you should go now."

"Oh, why? 'Cause you don't want me around?"

"'7 Things' by Solo Female Artist nominee, Kit Knight"

"No, because you're on camera, and you're about to be nominated!"

Only then did he seem to notice the cameras. James smiled awkwardly at them and crawled back to his spot.

"And, 'Confetti Falling' by Big Time Rush."

James made it back in his seat just as the camera panned to Big Time Rush.

"And the Purple Rocket goes to..."

A drumroll covered the silence. The boys and Kit leaned forward in anticipation.

Griffin and Gustavo, who now had massive tubs of mac and cheese and large spoons, stared blankly at the screen in the V.I.P. lounge.

"Justin Timberlake!"

"We lost!" Gustavo yelled.

Griffin tried to scoop more food from his empty bowl. "And we're out of mac and cheese."

A waiter paused as he passed.

"Get him!" Griffin and Gustavo chased the poor man.

As they walked back into the lounge, James straightened his jacket.

"Well," he said. "That's 0 for 3 on Purple Rockets. And 0 for 2 on my Lucy dream"

Logan lifted up one finger, "Now it's time for my dream, Team."

"Which one?" Kendall asked.

Kit turned to look at him, brows furrowed. Logan chose to ignore him.

"Help Logan find the legendary Room of Goop."

He looked around. Carlos gasped. He gripped Logan's shoulder.

"Ooh, I bet you a spy could help us find it. We should go find Penny."

"Penny is not a spy!" Kendall reminded him. "And we're still up for three awards, so please do not lead us on a wild-goop chase."

He gripped Logan's shoulders. Kit giggled at the pun.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Logan and his dream won out. He forced the Dream Team to go with him to the lower levels of the building. They leaned out from behind a wall to glance down a corridor. The area was unfinished and deserted.

"What level are we on?"

Logan slowly crept forward.

"Uh, three, nine?"

"This is a bad idea," Kendall said.

"At least you didn't have to come all the way here in heels!" Kit stopped. Sighing, she pulled the things from her feet and decided she was better off barefoot.

"Oh, stop worrying," Logan turned around to face him. "This is gonna be awesome when Logan Mitchell/Explorer locates the mythical source of goop."

They stopped at the end of the hallway. Logan looked around as he heard mechanical humming. He grinned.

"Dream Team, feast your eyes on..."

He led them into a room, assuming it would be purple and filled with vats of goop. Logan stopped when he was met with a very different sight. It was the yellow control room.

Sharkus stood at the head, watching his monitors. Four workers wearing yellow jumpsuits and helmets stopped to look at the intruders.

"Sharkus at an evil control panel with an ominous countdown clock."

Kit gasped, "Oh, my god. I know what it is now!"

She turned to Logan, eyes wide. "'Penny' and 'spy...' The monotone suit, the evil laugh, the henchmen, the countdown clock, the... space monitors... This is like Atticus Moon all over again!"

Sharkus slowly turned to them. He took a lazy step.

"Big Time Rush, Kit Knight," he said. "You have stumbled upon my cheesy operation."

"Yeah," They shrugged, forcing laughs. "Sorry about that."

"So... bye!"

James grinned and turned to leave. Kit screamed as she was faced with Sharky in the doorway.

"Uh-oh," the teens backed up.

"Please," said Sharkus mockingly. "Stay a while. I insist."

Kit held up her high heel, pointing it at the shark. She narrowed her eyes at him.

Kendall glanced at Logan. He balled his hands into fists. Whispering, he said: "I told you every time we do a one-hour TV special something goes wrong!"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Sharkus folded his hands together.

"Now, I know you've already met Sharky the Shark–"

The boys turned around to face him. Kit refused to.

"Let me introduce my cheese men."

Their eyes shot to the four figures behind Sharkus. They struck kung fu poses.

"They're trained in the art of cheese fu."

Carlos gasped.

"Well, that's not racist–"

"Kit!" James hissed, quieting her.

Sharkus tilted his head, "Or is it kung cheese?"

Kit gaped, gesturing wildly to the man. Sharkus seemed to be speaking to Sharky.

"Cheese fu. And don't even think about trying to escape, because I have more on the way."

He pressed a button on his command center.

"More cheese men, please."

The Klaxon blared.

He turned back to the teens. "A.S.A Cheese."

Something knocked over Sharky and the backups as they entered the room. The teens stepped back.

"Yeah, that was– that was too fast."

Sharkus shook his head.

"Quick, jump the shark!"

"Go, go, go, go!"

Kit made sure to jab the thing harshly with the pointy part of her heel as she went. Logan kicked it as he jumped a bit too lowly.

The teens nearly fell over one another as they made it out of the room.

"You just had to look for the Goop Room–"

"My dream was to have a girlfriend, not be destroyed by cheese men!"

"Not gonna lie, that felt kinda good!" Kit smiled, glad she had gotten to face her fears.

They made it down another flight of stairs, but they could hear their pursuers behind.

"Go, go, go!" Kendall ushered his friends.

The teens kept running, though they didn't have any idea where to.

"Where are we going?"

"I don't know," Logan admitted. "I didn't dream this far."

They screeched to a stop as another Sharky stood at the end of the hallway, blocking their path.

"Yeah," said Carlos. "How about not that way?"

"Yeah!"

They turned and ran the other way, shouting: "Go! Go, go, go!"

With that, the chase continued. The teens made it down a few more flights of stairs and ran past various old prop pieces. Eventually, Big Time Rush decided it was better to wait it out.

"Just hide," they ushered into a room with a heavy metal door.

"Close it. Close it. Close it. Close it. Close it."

Kendall shut the door and they each leaned against it. He stopped in his tracks as he turned around.

Kendall raised his eyebrows, "Purple."

The room was a large pool filled with purple goop. Several pipes lined the pool and led up into the walls and ceiling. Logan brushed past Kendall, eyes and mouth wide. Kit stepped forward, too, curious. He grabbed her hand. Logan looked like a little kid with unlimited funds in a toy store:

"The legend is true. We found it!"

He laughed. Logan jumped in place, then ran over to the pool, taking Kit with him. She stood nearby as Logan knelt down, taking out a syringe from his pocket. He held out a vial for her. Kit took it. He filled it with the substance. Kit set aside her shoes and knelt on the other side of some pipes to get at the pool.

James clapped his hands to Kendall's shoulders.

"What are you doing?" Carlos asked.

Logan looked up. "You never know when you're gonna need a little goop."

Kit filled her vial up and put the cap on it. "And I am going to look at this under a microscope."

Kit and Logan stood back up at the same time. Holding his hands out, he turned to the other boys. "Take in the glory, Dream Team."

"We are the first to witness this spectacle," Kit added.

"Okay," said James. "Dream complete."

Kendall turned to lead them out. "Now, let's go–"

But they had been discovered. Cheese men ran into the room. The teens yelled. James, Carlos, and Kendall took steps back. They couldn't get too far without falling into the vat. Slowly, they edged backwards.

"Well..."

"We were kind of hoping we'd get gooped tonight."

Kendall shrugged.

"Yes," Carlos yelled. 'But not like this!"

The teens flinched as they heard punches land on skin. The cheese men were attacked by some force that the others couldn't see. Eyes wide, they looked around for the source. Someone threw a platform heel clear across the room, hitting another man in the head and knocking him out. The intruder punched the fourth in the chin, taking him out.

"What was that?" Carlos asked.

Kit blinked as a bright light shone in front of them. Suddenly, the attacker was visible. The others shared confused looks, but Carlos gasped, frozen in shock. They recognized the person only as she turned around, taking a yellow cheese man helmet off from her head. Long red hair fell from it. She threw it aside. It was Penny. Not Lane, of course, but their very own Penny Lewis. She turned around to face her friends. Kit blinked rapidly.

"She is a spy!" He turned to Kendall, "I told you she was a spy!"

Carlos took a step closer to her, adding, "And she's a beautiful spy, too."

"Thank you," Penny smiled. "I'm looking for Sharkus. Do you know where he is?"

"Yeah," Logan nodded.

"Uh, Pen," Kit interjected. "Hi, yeah, what's happening?"

"Look," Penny sighed. "This Sharkus guy makes Griffin look sane. My dad used to run with him back in college, and let's just say that we need to find him. And fast–"

"But, you just took out four grown men!"

Penny raised an eyebrow, "I'm a ballerina, James, not made of glass! I can hold my own, thank you very much."

Kit chuckled. "So, high heels do make good weapons!"

Penny shot her a wink, "You bet!"

"This is more of a Batman scenario, if you will. Or Iron Man, I guess. When you have access to all the money in the world, you can kind of make your own super powers. And, Carlos, I guess you could say I kind of am a spy... for my Dad. He's looking into expanding out west, and if we can take down Sharkus, that leaves a large opening for real estate."

"Okay, but, uh..."

"Yeah, I be– we went up three flights of stairs–"

"No, down..."

They struggled to remember where they came from.

"When you see a big, scary, walking shark, take a left," was all James could really tell her.

Penny nodded. "Got it."

She turned towards the door.

"Wait," Carlos held out his hands. "You're not leaving me... I mean, us?"

Penny turned back to him. She smiled. "Well, someone's gotta stop this nut job. But you guys should enjoy the show. Oh, and uh, Carlos?"

"Yeah?" He looked at her, eyes hopeful. "I'll come find you. There's something I want to tell you."

Penny tapped the thick silver bracelet she wore on her wrist, and with another flash, she was gone.

One of the men started to get up only for an invisible Penny to kick him back down.

"You know," said Logan. "Being invisible was always one of my dreams."

Kendall leaned in, his lips almost touching Logan's ear: "No! You're maxed out at three."

Before Kit could ask about the third one, Kendall yelled out:

"Award time!"

They took off running, hoping they could find their way back to the arena.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Coming up, your choice for Awesomest Hair! And get your cheese-D glasses ready for Sharky's Mac and Cheese for life giveaway!"

Bitters put on his own.

"Depending on how much mac and cheese you eat, that prize could be worth over $3 billion!"

Jett paused from poking his fork around his bowl. "Sharky's Mac and Cheese and TV star Jett Stetson."

"I mean," Jett looked up. "Is this the Palm Woods, or are you in V.I.P. party room heaven?"

Katie turned to look at him.

"It's the Palm Woods," she nodded. "Because it doesn't have Austin Mahone, and it doesn't have Sharky."

The apartment's doorbell rang.

Bitters grinned, "Who could that be?"

Someone wearing a very cheap-looking, bright blue shark costume jumped inside.

"Yo, Katie!" A voice that was obviously a poorly-disguised Mama Knight called out to her. "Sharky's in the house!"

She began to dance her way over to the couch. Katie stared in disbelief.

"Whoo! Is this a V.I.P. party or what?"

"Uh, Sharky doesn't talk," Buddha Bob informed her.

The shark stopped dancing. "How did I forget that?"

Katie leaned forward slightly, "Sorry, Mom, but nothing is gonna make this a Tween Choice Award V.I.P. Party."

"Wait," Jett cut in. "Did you say Tween Choice?"

"We're Karmin, and we're here to present this year's Awesomest Hair Award."

"And the nominees are..."

Jett stared at the TV, eyes wide.

"Jett Stetson"

The camera panned to his empty seat. Stunned, he put a hand to Buddha Bob's arm. "That's tonight?"

The blonde presenter stepped off stage, arms out to keep her balance in her heels.

"Amy Heidemann of Karmin..."

Amy sat back in her seat and touched her hair for the camera. She then stood and rushed back on stage.

"And James Diamond from Big Time Rush."

Carlos and James made it into their seats just in time, Kendall, Logan, then Kit right behind them.

"And the Purple Rocket goes to..."

Amy handed her bandmate the envelope, then rejoined her seat as a nominee.

"Amy Heidemann from Karmin!"

She feigned surprise and walked back to the stage to take her prize. James was disappointed, but ultimately clapped for her.

"I'm not upset," he told Kendall. "Because my Lucy dream is still alive."

Kendall leaned in to tell him, "And you know what they always say."

Back in the Palm Woods, Jett Stetson had the same thought: "Oh, it's an honor just to be nominated."

"Thank you so much for your support!"

Jett put his hands in his lap.

"No, it's not!"

He turned to the girl beside him.

"Oh, god, Katie, I'm so sad!"

He leaned over, engulfing her in a hug as he sobbed. Katie's eyes widened. She looked to Buddha Bob, unsure.

"Mom," she said. "I love you, but please stop. This will never be a V.I.P. party."

The doorbell rang again. Katie raised an eyebrow.

"You invited Palm Woods teens!?"

An influx of them crowded the crib. Katie sighed.

"I just wanted to see Austin Mahone."

"Austin Mahone is up next to present Awesomest Onscreen Kiss with Lucy Stone. Coming up."

Katie threw herself back in her seat.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Kendall led them all back into the lounge.

"If James wants to kiss Lucy," Logan said. "He needs to be next to her. So..."

Austin Mahone turned to look at them as they approached.

"Oh, hey, guys," he said.

Austin held up the award, "I'm off to present a Purple Rocket with Lucy Stone."

"Cool," said Kendall. "Austin, who's your buddy?"

"You guys are?"

They nodded. "Yep."

"And what do buddies do for each other?" Carlos asked.

James leaned his head in between Logan and Kendall's shoulders, grinning.

"You're about to tell me?"

"We would like to make a deal with you," said Logan. "Where you let James present the Big Kiss award with Lucy."

He pointed to James, who fixed his jacket collar in response.

"What's the deal?"

Kendall stuttered. "That– that's pretty much it."

'Yeah, that's the deal."

"Look," Kendall explained. "It's his dream to kiss her tonight, and this might be his last shot."

James nodded emphatically. The four of them pointed to a pleading James. He held his hands up, begging:

"Please, please, please, please, please–"

They snapped their fingers at Austin.

He shrugged, "All right."

Austin tossed it to James. He gasped as he caught it.

Austin chuckled as he watched them rush back outside.

"Give it up for pop prince and princess Lucy Stone and Austin"

Lucy waved as she stepped out onto the stage. Nick's voice trailed off as he saw that Austin was not the one standing next to her.

"Big Time Rush's James Diamond!"

Lucy gaped at him. James set the Rocket on the podium. He turned to Lucy, grinning.

The rest of Big Time Rush and Kit reclaimed their seats to watch.

"Um," Lucy said. "We're here tonight to present the award for Awesomest Onscreen Kiss."

"It's that moment on the big screen that captures our hearts, until the girl in the movie"

James nudged his head towards Lucy. She glanced at him, eyes narrowing.

"Leaves for Europe without saying goodbye."

"And here we go," Logan grimaced.

Lucy leaned in towards the microphone, "Right. But then the girl comes back."

She gestured to herself.

The camera that panned to Nick Cannon got him shrugging in response.

"Yeah," James retorted. "For an hour TV special!"

Carlos frowned, "This movie sounds terrible."

Logan and Kit shushed him.

"No," said Lucy. "Because what the guy doesn't know was..."

Lucy exhaled slowly. She looked at James.

"She came back for him."

"She did?"

Lucy smiled, shrugging with a nod. "She did."

James broke out into a wide grin at this. He stepped forwards and finished what they started that Day of Pranks. James kissed Lucy in front of 21 million people, but he could only really think about the two of them. Lucy's hand went up to rest on his chest.

Carlos and Kit cooed, staring up at the new couple.

"Dream Team!"

The four of them shared in their secret handshake, grinning.

"Well," Lucy batted her eyelashes playfully. "That was dreamy."

"Ooh, I'll be right back," James's eyes widened. "The Dream Team still has two more dreams to make come true."

He pressed another kiss to her cheek and ran off the stage. The boys were giddy as they entered the lounge.

Logan and Kit nudged James playfully, congratulating him.

"And the only dream left is–"

"Only? What about Kit?" Carlos furrowed his brow.

Kendall and James shared knowing glances.

"Oh, uh," Kit interjected. "That's for the after-party!"

"Oh," Carlos nodded.

"Carlos!" The Jennifers' voices startled the group.

Logan and James pointed at them, "Carlos' girlfriend dream."

He smiled awkwardly at them.

"We're sick of being nice," said Blonde Jennifer. "And we want answers now."

"So," The other Jennifer raised her eyebrows. "Who do you want to be your girlfriend?"

Carlos grimaced.

"Uh–"

The Jennifers turned their heads as an unexpected voice cut in. Kit excitedly nudged James as she spotted Penny. The redhead was back in her pretty awards dress.

"Carlos?"

"Get in there!" James nudged him towards her.

"W-What about me?" Penny said, cheeks almost as red as her hair.

Carlos blinked. "You... want to be my girlfriend?"

"Well, yeah," Penny's eyes softened. "Carlos, I've had a crush on you for a while now."

"Well," he gestured between the two of them. "Why didn't you tell me?"

Penny sighed. She shrugged. "Because, I knew how much you liked the Jennifers, and you're my friend, and–"

She lifted her gaze back to him. "I didn't think you felt the same way."

"Beautiful," he said.

"Huh?"

Carlos smiled sheepishly, "You're the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. That's what I was trying to tell you earlier."

"Oh," Penny smiled.

"I've liked you since I ran into you in the Palm Woods lobby. I was just scared, I guess."

Kendall and James finally pushed him forwards, knowing both were too shy and awkward to make the first move on their own. They stared at each other for a moment. Slowly, Carlos leaned forward and captured her lips in a gentle kiss.

"Finally," James said to Kit.

She smiled at her friends.

The Jennifers gaped at this.

"Let's get out of here, Jennifers," said the Curly-haired one. "I think 1D is in the V.I.P. Room."

James and Kit waved them off.

"There's a bit of a problem, though," Penny told him once they pulled away.

Carlos furrowed his brow. "Oh?"

"Oh, no," her eyes widened. "It's this Sharkus thing..."

The others approached to listen in.

"I can't find his headquarters, and I need your help."

Carlos turned, looking to his friends for help. They sucked in a breath.

Carlos snapped his fingers, "Dream Team is in!"

"We'll help you find it," they agreed.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

They made it down just one flight of stairs before they were captured. All six teens were ushered back to Sharkus's headquarters. As one of the cheese men wrangled him into the room, Kendall squeezed his eyes shut. He grimaced.

"Found it," he said lamely.

Penny shook herself free. "What's your plan, Sharkus?"

He turned to face her.

"Why don't I let Sharky the Shark tell you?" He gestured to the mascot standing beside him

Kit frowned.

The thing simply moved its head to him.

"That's right," Sharkus said. "You don't talk. You're a shark."

"No, it is not!" Kit glared.

Sharkus ignored her. He gestured to his monitors as he explained:

"When your commercial airs in 13 minutes, I will transmit my hypno-beam to the satellites and into the homes of 21 million viewers."

The teens stared in horror.

"And at the precise moment when you reveal the secret cheese code, I'll activate the real secret– my Cheezmotizer!"

He pulled a small lever on the control panel backwards. A mechanic whirring signaled it was powering up. The screen became bright as the four squares began to move around the frame, in various colors.

James lifted a hand up to block his eyes.

"That's going to give someone a seizure," Kit pointed out.

Carlos leaned towards Penny, "Do we get to kiss again?"

"Not now," She held her hand up to quiet him.

Sharkus pulled out a pair of glasses, "Which, when viewed wearing my Cheese-D glasses, will make their heads explode!"

"What?"

"What? No!"

This revelation was met with gasps.

"I'm just kidding," Sharkus turned around. "That's just crazy talk. When the square things flash, I'll push up on these giant levers–"

He gestured to the two control panels.

"And then everyone will just crave Sharky's Mac and Cheese for breakfast, lunch, and dinner."

The teens shared looks.

"Our night of dreams is gonna end in a cheesy nightmare," James realized.

"An earlier test I did proved its effectiveness," said Sharkus.

He shot his arm out, but nothing happened. Sharky looked at him, confused.

"That was the gesture. You're supposed to do it then. You're supposed to slide the panel... That was the gesture! I don't know how you–"

He waved his hands, "What do you know? You're a shark."

Sharkus slid the panel himself. It changed the screen to show the Awards.

"Welcome back to"

Nick Cannon was interrupted by overlapping voices. Griffin and Gustavo leaned into either side of him, still holding and eating from bowls of mac and cheese.

"The best mac and cheese in the whole world."

"You gotta try it!" Gustavo held up a spoonful to Nick.

He leaned away. "I don't want it!"

A security personnel and Kelly tried to pull Gustavo Griffin off the stage. Before he went, Gustavo screamed into the microphone:

"It's the best mac and cheese!"

"Okay," Kendall nodded. "That explains that."

"I knew it," said Kit.

"The dream team will stop you, Sharkus," Penny taunted. "You'll never get away with this."

She gestured for her friends to back her up.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah!" They added.

Sharkus smirked at the teens. He had them taken from his room and locked inside of some sort of hallway.

He stood on the other side of the chain-link fence with his henchmen. Sharkus held a yellow and gray box with a red button on top.

"Welcome to the Cheese Squeeze."

"Um," Carlos stepped forward. "And what is that, exactly?"

"Sure, I'll explain it," said Sharkus. "So, you guys are the cheese, and you get squeezed."

He slammed his hand down on the button.

Kit spun around as she heard a mechanic whirring behind her. A giant plasticky wall of cheese began to slowly push towards them.

Sharkus waved his button around. "Cheese you later!"

"Dream Team," Kendall held up a finger. "Activate panic mode!"

They turned to stare at the cheese, all screaming. Penny, James, and Carlos rushed to lean against the wall, trying to stop it. Kit helped Kendall and Logan try to break through the fence.

"Help!"

"Okay," Logan dropped his hands. "New dream: not getting Cheese Squeezed!"

"Guys, don't worry!" Carlos turned to Penny. "My spy girlfriend will help us get out of here."

"Right, right, right!"

"Do you have any, uh, spy gear to help us out?" Logan asked.

Penny pulled something out of her pocket. She held up a round device with a red light on it, "This erases memories."

Logan gave her an odd look.

"Not helpful," she tossed it to Carlos.

Penny pulled out another, "Uh, this disguises my voice."

She demonstrated a brief British accent, then went in for more.

"How does this happen to us?" Kendall asked.

"I don't know!" Kit frowned.

Penny pulled out what looked like a toothbrush. She gasped, "This!"

Carlos gasped, "Ooh! Is that one of those lasers that can cut through the fence?"

Kendall and Logan shared a premature high-five. Penny's grin faded as she realized what it was.

"No," said Penny. "It's just a toothbrush. It brushes teeth."

Carlos took it from her, tossing it aside.

"Oh, come on!"

As the space became smaller and smaller, the teens turned to look out through the chain-link. Kendall's eyes landed on the button that Sharkus left behind.

"Oh! Oh!" He pointed to it. "We just have to hit that button–"

"Or short it out," said Logan.

"With that?" Penny's voice was stressed as she struggled to hold back the wall.

"With- with the–"

"Goop!" Logan pulled his syringe from his pocket.

He stuck the end of it through one of the holes in the fence.

"Okay, one..."

Logan counted the rest of it in his head. He aimed the thing at the button and pressed down on the syringe. The wall began pressing them all into each other and against the fence just as the purple liquid landed on the button. Sparks flew from it as it short-circuited.

Carlos gasped as the door slid open. They stepped forward to their freedom. Each caught their feet.

Kit sighed in relief. Logan rubbed at his temples, exhaling slowly.

"Okay," said Kendall. "Our commercial airs in ten minutes! What's the plan?"

The others stammered. Penny took a step forward. Her lips parted slightly as her eyes landed on the goop-covered machinery. She turned back to her friends:

"Oh, I've got a plan. But first, you guys are up for Awesomest Look."

The crowd could be heard screaming somewhere off in the distance. Penny lifted her chin up to glance briefly at it.

"Oh, but we can't leave you now!" Carlos frowned.

"But we do look awesome," James pointed out.

Logan and Kendall shrugged and nodded in agreement.

"Meet me in the Goop Room in five minutes," Penny told them.

She offered them a short smile, "Good luck!"

She lifted up her wrist and pressed some buttons on her bracelet. The same shimmering tone as before signaled her departure.

Logan let out a laugh, still excited by it. "Oh, that is so cool!"

"Okay, come on!" Kit grabbed Kendall and Logan by the hand each and began to lead them away.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

They slid back into their seats just in time to hear the announcement.

"And the winner of Awesomest Look is... Justin Bieber!"

The group gave a few seconds of polite applause before promptly shuffling out again.

"Justin couldn't make it tonight, but hold on to those Cheese-D glasses. We are less than ten minutes away from the Big Sharky's Mac and Cheese for life giveaway!"

Back in the Palm Woods, Katie was still glued to the TV instead of enjoying the party her mother organized for her. Mama Knight, still in a shark costume, walked around to pass out bowls of mac and cheese.

Bitters, still wearing his glasses, chuckled at the screen. Buddha Bob laughed along. Katie could only glanced warily at them.

"I can't believe I'm here and not there," Jett said.

"No," said Katie. "I can't believe I'm here and not there. This entire night is a bust."

Mama Knight— who held two entire trays full of mac and cheese in her flippers— turned to glare at her daughter as she threw herself back against the couch dramatically.

The voice within the costume sounded distraught:

"Well, I'm sorry you're having such a bad time!"

She handed the trays off to two nearby teens, then stormed off to lock herself in the bathroom. Katie's stomach dropped. She smiled sadly and went to go speak to her mother.

She knocked on the bathroom door.

"What?"

Katie entered hesitantly. She shut the door behind herself. As she approached her mother, Katie noticed that her shoulders were slumped. It was Mama Knight who spoke first:

"Everyone is getting their dreams tonight... except you."

"Mom?"

"Yeah?"

"You still have the shark head on."

She reached up to take it off. Jennifer sighed:

"The only dream I ever had was for you kids to be happy."

"Mom, we are so happy," Katie assured her. "And this is not a lame party. It's awesome, 'cause I'm with you."

They shared a smile.

"And you always make me feel like a VIP."

"It's not a lame party?"

"No," Katie put on her 3D glasses, pointing at them. "Just cheesy."

This drew a bright smile from Mrs. Knight. They exited the bathroom.

Katie held up her hands, calling out to the room: "Now, let's party!"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Kit and Big Time Rush found the Goop Room again just as Penny hooked up the last of five hoses to the pumps by the pool. They slowed to a stop once they made it inside the room.

"Do we get to kiss now?" Carlos asked, holding out his hands.

"Definitely later," Penny promised.

She reached down to pick up one of the hoses.

"Okay, here," she tossed it to one of the boys. "Grab a hose."

James caught it easily. "Got it."

He pointed to it. "What do we do with it?"

All eyes turned expectantly to Penny. She made it sound easy:

"We stop Sharkus."

"Hmm," Logan hummed. "Okay. Uh, one big yellow problem— uh, this place is crawling with cheese men!"

Kendall pointed to him, nodding. Kit shrugged.

"Yeah," Penny grimaced. "That's a problem."

Kit perked up as an idea came to her.

"Actually," she corrected. "Not for the Dream Team."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

The clock was running down to one minute. Sharkus, unwilling to let his guard down, called out to his goons:

"Cheese men, fan out and protect the perimeter."

He turned around, baring his teeth.

"If you see anyone, stop them. I don't want any more distractions!"

They filed out, leaving Sharkus alone with Sharky. He turned back to face his control board. As he realized he was not alone, he turned back around to Sharky.

"Go!" He waved his hands towards the door.

Sharky turned and did just that. Sharkus glanced at the clock again. 38 seconds. Although he was alone, he spoke aloud.

"And now it's time to prepare my Cheezmotizer."

He glanced at the main monitor that showed the awards arena.

"All right, we'll be right back. But right now, get out your Cheese-D glasses for Sharky's Win Mac and Cheese for Life Giveaway!"

The teens in the crown put on their glasses and cheered loudly at Nick's announcement. Graphics instructed viewers at home to put their glasses on now!!!

As the commercial started, "Get Up" started to play and Bitters called out to the rest in the apartment.

"Ooh, glasses on!"

The entire room— including Plungy— was wearing Sharkus' glasses. Jett rushed to get a seat on the couch for the commercial.

The Cheese Men found Penny in the Goop Room. She turned when she noticed their presence.

"Oh, hi guys," she said.

As the men struck their cheese fu poses, Penny turned the wheel that opened the hose valves. As they filled with goop, the men jumped aside.

Sharkus found himself dancing along to "Get Up."

"It is a catchy song," he admitted.

"The world is about to have need..."

It was down to the last ten seconds.

"Tired of waiting for dinner? Make it Sharky's Mac and Cheese!"

Sharkus grabbed a lever in each hand.

"The need for cheese!"

"And now it's time to see if you're the big-time winner."

The Klaxon blared as the countdown reached zero.

"Hey, Sharkus!"

He turned around. Sharkus glanced at the empty room. He couldn't see the intruders.

"Who said that?"

A flash of bright light revealed five familiar teens. It was the Dream Team. Each held one of the hoses in their hands. Kit had been given Penny's invisibility bracelet to wear.

Sharkus jumped, taken aback.

"So goop to see you," said Kendall.

"But now it's time to say goop night!" James taunted.

Carlos pointed his finger to his right, whispering, "Pass."

Logan lifted a hand to point to his hose. "Goop, here it is."

Sharkus grabbed the lever again, "But you're too late!"

The teens blasted Sharkus and all his equipment with goop. The hoses hissed as they drenched the room in the strange substance, and electricity sparked as the equipment short-circuited. Sharkus fell to the ground and flailed. The red 00:00 on the countdown clock faded out as it died.

The Palm Woods watch party saw only the still images of the codes.

"That was kind of anticlimactic, wasn't it?" Bitters frowned.

Bitters, Jett, Mama Knight, and many of the others took off their glasses.

"I guess none of us won," said Katie as she took hers off.

"Okay," Mama Knight clapped her hands together. "Who wants more mac and cheese?"

In unison, the group let out: "No!"

"And now back to the Tween Choice Awards."

The Dream Team switched their hoses off.

"Okay," Logan grinned. "Being invisible dream: complete."

Carlos lifted his fist to share a fist bump with him.

Sharkus looked around at the room. "My plan. It's ruined!"

He glared up at the kids:

"I've been ruined by a boy band and a pop star!"

Kit smirked. James offered a mocking wave.

"That's so cheesy!" He growled.

"Very cheesy," they agreed.

"Okay, we're down to the last two Purple Rockets of the night! Right now, it's time for Awesomest Solo Female Artist!"

Nick held up the Rocket award.

Kendall's eyes widened, "Kit's up for that award!"

Kit shrugged, "I'm up against Taylor Swift! Like I'm gonna beat her!"

Logan frowned at her.

"And the winner is Kit Knight!"

"See?" said James.

All five of them whipped their heads to the monitor, eyes wide, as it sunk in.

"Oh!"

They jumped excitedly.

"Yes!"

"Whoo!"

Logan wrapped his arms around Kit, kissing her cheek.

"Wait!" Carlos held out his hands just as Kendall did.

The screen panned to Kit's empty seat next to where Big Time Rush also should have been. Nick gave the camera a confused look, "Kit Knight?"

"I have to go!" Kit exclaimed.

They scrambled to make it in time.

Sharky stood at the other side of the door. Kit tensed at the sight of him.

Great, she thought. Now her fears were in her way of living her dream. Literally.

Sharkus lifted his head up from the goop, "Revenge time, Sharky. Ruin their dreams. Don't let her or them get to the stage."

The teens turned back to Sharky. Kit's eyes pleaded with the thing.

When Sharky didn't move, Sharkus yelled out:

"Obey me, you dumb shark!"

Sharky stepped aside and gestured his arm to the door to allow them to pass.

"Go, go, go, go, go, go, go!"

Kit offered it a smile, "Thanks, Sharky!"

All five ran as fast as they could out of the headquarters and off to the stage.

After letting them pass, Sharky stepped back in the doorway and lifted a hand at Sharkus.

"Did you just give me the fin?" He asked.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"I won! I won! I won! I won!"

Still eating mac and cheese, Griffin, Gustavo, and Kelly reentered to the V.I.P. lounge to watch Kit accept her award.

"Kit Knight?" Nick repeated.

In the audience, Jo, Camille, and Lucy were clapping more than anyone. They slowed when they realized Kit wasn't there.

Katie, watching at home, turned to her mother. "Where is she?"

Kit was only a few minutes away, but the run up those stairs felt like forever. When she and the boys emerged on the other side they found themselves on the stage. They stopped, eyes wide as they took in the crowd. Kit glanced down at her bare feet. She was still holding her shoes. Logan took them from her.

He gently nudged Kit towards the podium, "Go."

He smiled at her. Kit's lips curled into a grin. She locked eyes with Nick. He hesitated a moment:

"Kit Knight!"

The room erupted into cheers again. Kit couldn't contain her grin as she waved to the cameras and the crowd. She walked over to the podium to claim her Rocket.

Kit shook hands with Nick as she accepted it. She took the podium.

Kit leaned in towards the microphone:

"Thank you guys so much. I cannot express how much this means to me. I've been writing music since I was just a little girl and I never, ever imagined I'd be up here. And all of you made this possible–"

She turned her head to glance at the guys:

"I want to say a big thank you to my family and my friends. But I also wouldn't be here if it weren't for my amazing best friends, my brother, and my boyfriend who I love very much."

A soft laugh brushed past her lips as she turned back to the camera to give Gustavo the thanks he asked for:

"And to my manager, who is actually pretty cool, I wanted to say thanks, Gustavo, for always believing in me and helping me to become the songwriter I am today. Thank you."

With that, she grabbed her Rocket and stepped off stage to take her seat. The boys followed behind her, offering the crowd awkward waves as they rejoined the audience.

When it came time to announce the final award of the night, Nick returned to the podium.

"And now it's time for the last Purple Rocket of the night, Awesomest Song!"

Kit turned to the boys, grinning. It was their fifth nomination, and she had a good feeling about this one.

"... And the winner is 'We Are' by Big Time Rush!"

Kit nudged them, clapping twice as loud as she had all night. The boys made their way to the stage, grinning and waving as they went.

Once the four of them took the stage, Kendall's heart swelled. He could never have imagined that day in the mini-mart parking lot in Minnesota that they would be here now. It was surreal.

"Well, looks like Gustavo finally got his Rocket," said James.

"And all of our dreams came true tonight," Carlos added.

He gave Penny a wave as he picked her out in the crowd. She smiled at him.

Logan paused with his arm in the air to wave at the crowd. He looked to Kendall.

"Except for you, dreamless. You never told us your dream."

Kendall slowly lowered his hand. His smile widened as she spotted Kit making her way onto the stage; the awards were over and now it was almost time for their performance. She made her way over to the boys, beaming.

"This is it," he told them. "Look where we are; we're all up here together. That's my dream."

The boys and Kit couldn't help but to smile at this.

"And we made it come true."

"Well," James asked. "Ready?"

They nodded. "Let's spin!"

Home video footage played in the background as Kit and Big Time Rush performed "We Are." They were all dressed in red that matched the graphics. They couldn't shake the feeling that this was their best performance yet and just the start of something even bigger.

Nick handed them their award after the performance. He put it in Carlos's hands.

"All right, all right," he said. "Hey, that does it for Tween Choice! And remember, no matter what anyone tells you, never, ever stop dreaming!"

Carlos held out their Rocket to show the crowd.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

With the after-party in full swing downstairs, Kit was ready to pull off her real dream. She stood with James in the crib to prepare. Sucking in a deep breath, she took one last glance at herself in the mirror. James gripped her shoulder.

"Hey," he said. "Relax! You got this."

Kit smiled at him.

"You're right," she said.

Kit turned to face James. She glanced up at him.

"So," she said teasingly. "You got the girl, huh?"

He chuckled. "Yeah. And you got the guy."

Kit's cheek flushed.

A year ago, she had broken James's heart. It took them a while to find their rhythm again as best friends. Now that they had, it was hard for either of them to remember a day when they didn't speak. Kit gave him a brief hug.

"Are you happy?" She asked.

The question caught him off guard.

"Yeah," he nodded. "Yeah, I am."

"Good," Kit locked eyes with him.

That was all she ever wanted for him.

The look they shared said everything Kit wasn't sure how to. She had all the love in the world for James– as her best friend. And she couldn't shake the feeling that everything had turned out exactly as it was meant to be.

"Okay-"

James gripped her shoulders.

"Enough stalling! Now, you go out there, and you tell that boy how you feel."

"Okay, okay," Kit giggled. "Thanks, J."

"Anytime, Kit Kat."

James followed her out of the bathroom and into the living room. Kit paused with her hand gripped around the doorknob:

"Oh, but don't forget, we have that surprise for Katie, first!"

James's eyes widened. "Right!"

He followed her out of the crib and headed towards the party with her.

Kelly, Griffin, Gustavo, and Mrs. Knight found that the boys really knew how to throw an after-party. The Palm Woods pool had been decorated with paper lanterns and fairy lights for the occasion. They grabbed snacks from the food table and went for a little walk by the pool.

"Well," said Gustavo. "My dream came true."

He gripped onto the award, "I finally got my Rocket–"

Gustavo pressed a kiss to it. He got to keep Big Time Rush's in exchange for Kit keeping hers and letting Gustavo and Griffin borrow Penny's memory eraser.

"And Penny gave us that thingy."

Kelly held it up. "Which reversed your love of mac and cheese."

Gustavo held up his hand, not wanting to think about it.

"And with Sharkus in jail," said Griffin. "I was able to buy Giganticorps for a steal, making me the number one CEO in the country, all thanks to the Dream Team."

Griffin held his cup up to Gustavo, who toasted with his award.

"And, it looks like they're still going," Mama Knight pointed a finger across the pool deck at Katie.

Katie sat in front of the firepit. Kendall, Kit, James, and Logan approached her. The twins spoke up:

"Why so bummed, baby sis?"

"Oh," she said. "I had a great day, just, you know, not my dream day."

Logan and James shared a look.

"Right," said Logan. "Dream Team?"

The present members snapped their fingers and pointed to something to Katie's right. She turned her head to see what it was. Austin Mahone walked towards her, two cups of soda in his hands. Katie's eyes widened.

"Austin, Katie," said Logan.

Kit added, "Katie, Austin."

Austin smiled at the girl as he sat down beside her.

"Hey, Katie," he said. "The guys and Kit have told me so much about you."

"Oh, really? Like what?"

She glanced warily at them, eyes narrowing.

"That, uh, if they didn't invite me to the after-party to meet you, you would've killed them."

He grinned, laughing quietly.

"Aw," said Katie. "I would have."

The guys shrugged. Austin offered Katie her drink. She took it, smiling.

Kit held her hands to her chest, smiling, as she caught the twinkles in their eyes.

Kendall reached a hand up, gesturing between the two younger teens.

"Activate 'leave them alone' mode."

James shot Austin a warning look, pointing his fingers to his own eyes and back at Austin. Logan and Kit waved them off. Kendall and James shot Logan winks before they broke from the group.

While Kendall and James went to meet up with their girlfriends by the pool, Logan and Kit hung back a bit.

Kit twirled her gold bracelet around her wrist. She glanced back up at Logan. He was already looking at her.

"Come on," he grabbed her hand. "I have a surprise for you."

Kit raised an eyebrow. "Oh?"

"Yup," he nodded.

"Follow me."

"Okay, it's a surprise, so no peeking." He led Kit by the hand away from the pool.

Once they were clear of the water, she caved and covered her eyes. Logan led her the rest of the way. They walked for a few minutes, until Kit grew anxious. She noticed that Logan had stopped pulling on her hand. She stood still.

"Logan," she giggled. Kit started to move her hands away from her face to get a peek at what Logan had up his sleeve, but he quickly covered her eyes with his own hands.

"Hey," he tsked. "That's cheating"

Kit giggled, "Fine."

Logan stepped away from her. She could faintly hear something in the background.

"Okay," he said once he was ready. "You can look now."

Slowly, Kit lowered her hands and opened her eyes. Her jaw dropped as she took in the scene around her. They were in the Palm Woods Park. Logan had set up a romantic date, complete with a few telescopes, candles, and picnic blankets.

"Did you set all of this up?"

"Well," He gave a lopsided grin. "I had some help from the Dream Team."

She smiled.

"It's beautiful."

"Well, the most beautiful girl in the world deserves a beautiful date."

"That's so cheesy–"

They froze.

She laughed softly. "Right, bad choice of words."

Her eyes sparkled as she looked at him.

"What did you do all of this for?"

Logan's cheeks flushed. "Well, um, it turns out that being invisible, the purple carpet, and finding the Goop Room weren't my only dreams–"

Kit smiled. "Me too, actually."

"Oh, yeah," He raised an eyebrow at this. "You never really did tell us your dream."

Kit took another step towards him.

"Well," she said. "Today, my dream was to finally tell you–"

She gripped his cheeks in her hands. Logan was unable to look at anything but her. Even after a day of running around the Arena and defeating yet another evil mastermind, she still looked breathtaking.

"I am so in love with you," she whispered.

Logan broke out into a wide, dimpled grin. His heart skittered. He hooked his finger behind her ear, cupping her face. Logan took another step closer to her. They were so close that their lips nearly brushed as he spoke.

"You are my best friend, Kit Kat," he said. "And I love you."

"I love you, too."

He kissed her with everything he had.

Even if today turned out to have all been some dream, Logan wouldn't mind. It would have been worth it to see all four of his dreams come true, and watch his friends get that, too. There had once been a time that even being here with Kit had been little more than a dream for Logan. That, too, had come true.

Kit wrapped her arms around his neck, pulling him closer. Slowly, reluctantly, she pulled herself away enough to speak:

"Okay, now, will you look at the stars with me?"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Logan and Kit slowly made their way to rejoin their friends. They walked hand-in-hand to the Palm Woods pool. It wasn't long before they spotted Kendall and Jo, James and Lucy, and Camille talking together. But, interestingly, Carlos and Penny were still nowhere to be seen.

"Hey, guys," said Kit.

Kendall greeted them.

"Ooh," James teased. "So, are you guys in love?"

Logan shared a look with Kit. She chuckled.

"Yeah," said Kit. "We are."

"Finally," Kendall grinned. "So, that means..."

"There's just Carlos and his girlfriend dream left," James finished.

As they rounded the corner towards the lobby, they could just spot Carlos standing in front of Penny.

After the debacle with Sharkus, Penny had disappeared for a while to call her father. Carlos decided to wait for her in the lobby, despite her insistence that he go have fun. Carlos didn't want to do that without her. So, his face lit up when she finally stepped off the elevators.

"Hey, sorry I'm late," she smiled apologetically at him.

"That's okay," said Carlos.

He gasped, "Ooh, were you doing spy stuff again?"

Penny laughed. "No, I'm afraid my spy days are behind me."

"Oh," Carlos said.

"But, that just means that you and I can spend more time together."

Carlos perked up at this.

"I'd like that."

"Good," she said.

"Penny?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you really want to be my girlfriend?"

"Well, yeah," she nodded. "Of course, I do."

Carlos leaned in to press a sweet kiss to her lips. Penny placed her hand gently on his chest, unable to fight back a small smile.

"Come on," she said once he pulled away. "Want to dance?"

"Uh huh," Carlos grabbed her hand.

They walked towards their friends, both grinning ear-to-ear. Penny waved to Buddha Bob as he approached. She spotted the cut-up pink Solo cup on Plungy's head and told the man that she liked Plungy's hat. Buddha Bob beamed. Even Bitters couldn't help but to smile.

"Well," Logan said once the group was whole again. "This story is wrapping up quite nicely."

Carlos held up his and Penny's intertwined fingers. "Big Time!"

"And," said Kendall. "Who knows what adventures lie ahead for the Dream Team?"

A switch clicked and another bright link blinded the teens. They leaned slightly away from it. Carlos squinted his eyes. Kit tensed at the sound of yet more mechanical sounds. The light soon faded.

Kit could now clearly see that it was a DJ station. The lights were for the dance floor, and Gustavo was at the soundboard and had pulled out a golden chain and a backwards hat for the gig. He kept his Rocket next to him.

"Oh," James chuckled. "It's just Gustavo."

Offended, he held up his hand. "Just Gustavo?"

"Have you forgotten I'm amazing?"

The teens all laughed as he pointed to himself.

"Now dance!"

Kit and Kendall gasped excitedly at the first song. Gustavo started off with "Big Time Rush." Unable to resist, the boys sang along to the lyrics and even repeated some of their choreography. Kit was enjoying dancing with her friends.

In fact, as she glanced around the pool deck, there was not a single person who wasn't having fun. Kit's heart filled with warmth and overwhelming love for her boys. She spun around, yelling along to the song. She pulled in Jo and Camille for hugs, then danced with Lucy and Penny when the boys were goofing off.

Logan swooped in as the first notes of "Paralyzed" began to play and he scooped Kit up by the hips. She giggled, swatting at his hands. Although he didn't fully put her down, Logan spun her around to face him. Kit smiled up at him. She couldn't help but to giggle as he serenaded her with the song he wrote for her. Lazily, she pulled him to her and kissed him again. It really was the night of their dreams.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

A/N: this was a very emotional chapter for me to write :'))

i might pop in and add in a few bonus chapters as i mentioned in a previous note, but other than that this is the final chapter!! this story means so much to mean and i want to thank everyone who read this far. it truly does mean a lot. as i said before, drop any bonus ideas in the comments. i will also be editing the story as a whole to correct some minor errors but !!

for anyone who might be curious, these are outfits I based Kit and Penny's off of. Except Kit's hair is still brown lol:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 128 38
Trinity Maslow was a 17 year old girl on the verge of adulthood when the summer of her big brother's band "Big Time Rush" had their world tour. Being...
417K 6.5K 60
( UNDER EDITING ) "it's like i'm falling in love all over again!" in which! two best friends reconnect after one leaves to pursue their music dreams...
108K 2.7K 26
Your parents sent you away to a private school, the same one as your cousin James is going to. Trying to survive private school life with a little he...
114K 2.7K 109
"♪ You're the only one that rocks my world My cover girl... ♪" In which two best friends have feelings for each other, that even their friends know...