─ 𝐆𝐑𝐄𝐘𝐒𝐎𝐍

By LivelyPotter

─ in which greyson blackbourne, the introvert of the family meets a man determined to crack her walls... More

synopsis
images
ii. meetings
iii. the invitation
iv. the bbq

i. new neighbors

296 30 36
By LivelyPotter

i. new neighbors

My mom never fails to tell me that I was her miracle.

That I was the only thing to pull her from her depression once my older brother, Levi died of leukemia a year before I was conceived.

You see, after giving birth to Levi, doctors told my parents that it would be impossible for Mom to carry and birth another child.

Hence my nickname—'The Miracle Baby.'

Growing up, I was spoiled and doted upon by my nine fathers and my mother, Sang. I never wanted for nothing, and I never experienced being alone.

That's why I was so anxious to open my wings and explore the world with my best friend, Kylie Toma, by my side.

That was until Mom had another breakdown about my leaving until I promised her that I would think clearly about my decision until I was honestly sure about leaving the 'Blackbourne' nest.

"Just think..." Kylie groaned, her brown skin glowing in the sun as we reclined in the yard in front of my house. "We could be having the time of our lives relaxing in Thailand, instead we're...here." She says, red painted lips forming a pout. Giggling quietly, I looked behind my shoulder to watch Papa North and Uncle Brandon inside the garage—paying us no mind.

"I'm sorry, Ky. You should have gone without me." I said frowning. Kylie's eyes bulged, "Fuck that! Girl, we've been best friends since diapers, there's no way I'd go without you. We planned this trip together, and we'll go on this trip together." She said, stubbornly.

"We will," I assured, "For now, let's just enjoy our summer."

"Can't believe we don't have to go back to school once summer's over." Kylie sighed, painting on a wistful smile, "I'm gonna miss it. Sorta." She added carelessly.

Nodding, I folded my arms around myself and crossed my ankles. "So will I." I smiled, "It's odd, you know? We've graduated. I guess this is where our lives start for real."

Thinking about it scared me. Knowing that soon, I would have to move away and start my own life. I would be leaving behind everything I've ever known. Away from my friends, family, and Charleston.

Kylie's lip thinned, more than likely thinking of the same thing I was. "At least we'll have each other. Where you go, I go."

"And where you go...I go too." I giggled, linking my pinkie with hers.

"Kylie! It's time to go!" we heard Uncle Brandon yell. A pout formed on Kylie's lips as I picked myself off the ground and offered her my hand. "We still on for that sleepover this weekend?" I asked, "Papa Gabe is going to re-do our nails." I winced, looking down at my chipped acrylic nails.

"You bet your ass I'll be there." Kylie said, cringing at her own black nails, "Our manicures look like shit." I murmured, pulling Kylie into a hug. "See you later." I said, waving to her as she climbed into the Toma's SUV.

"Love you!" Kylie screamed, hair flying out the window as they coasted down the driveway. "LOVE YOU TOO!" I yelled, waving both of my arms. Papa North walked to my side and gave me a soft smile.

"C'mon kid, let's get you inside. Your mom's wanting you to try a new recipe she's perfecting." His giant hand rested on the top of my head and ran his fingers through my long hair. "Papa North?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you think I could dye my hair?" I asked, picking up a strand of my light hair and tugging it. Papa North barked out a loud chuckle, "Maybe. But don't let Gabe hear to talk about that." He winked, "Just go and do it before he finds out."

"I may." I nodded, my lips forming a natural pout, "Papa Gabe would skin me alive."

Opening the front door, I stepped inside the large foyer and took off my shoes, exchanging them for my slides.

"Mama! I'm back!" I yelled, in the Blackbourne house, and with eleven people and Max in the house, you'd have to yell to be heard. Papa North placed his hand on my shoulders and steered me out of the living room, past the empty dining room, and into the new state-of-the-art kitchen.

Our kitchen was big before, I didn't understand why Mama and the other wanted to completely renovate it. Stepping inside the kitchen, Mama was standing at the stove, wearing one of her usual summer dresses and sandals. Her hair, the same shade and length as mine, was pulled away from her youthful face.

Smiling widely, Mama turned around and scurried across the kitchen and pulled me into her arms. Mama gently placed a kiss on my head, "Did you apply your SPF before going outside?"

Giving her a tiny smile, I pulled the small bottle of prescription sunscreen Papa Sean gave to me. "I did, Mama."

Mama nodded approvingly, "Good, it's only noon—and the sun's been getting brighter." She sighed, "I'll ask Sean to get you another bottle of it soon. We wouldn't want you running out."

Papa North threw back his head and roared with laughter, "Sang. Baby, she's not going to get skin cancer from sitting outside for thirty minutes."

"You never know what happens." Mama shoots back, outraged. She soon calms down as Papa North brings her into a kiss. "Ew." Cringing, I turned away from the scene and scuttled to the stove, peering down into large metal pot.

"What is that?" I ogled the soup inside the pot. "It's Jjamppong." Mama grinned proudly, "I'm making it for our new neighbors."

I was stunned, eyes wide, I looked back into the pot, "Since when do we have new neighbors?"

Mama grinned slyly, "Since they moved down the road—remember when the carpenters were building the house? The place is done being built and guess what? The family moved from Korea!" She squealed excitedly as I watched her, warily.
"They got here yesterday."

"Gabe and the others went shopping for things to add to the welcome basket."

A welcome basket?

"Wow," I giggled, "You all are really going all out." I grabbed the large ladle and stirred the contents of the pot. Mama grabbed the ladle from my hand and took over cooking.

Shrugging, I jumped on a tall stool beside Papa North and watched Mama finish the food.

"North? Have you met the new neighbors yet?" Mama asked, throwing a glance at him over her shoulder. Papa North shook his head, "Not officially. I saw them in front of their house, unloading a moving truck."

"Well? How big is the family?"

"Seven of them." Papa North said, casting a tiny, worried glance down a me, "All men."

Mama tensed and let the ladle from her hands, "Any around Greyson's age?"

Nope.

No fucking way.

"Mama!" I called out, "Are you really going to try and set me up?"

Papa North looked as shocked as I was, pursing his lips, he reluctantly nodded, "Maybe. But she's not interested in relationships, right Grey?"

Nodding my head erratically, "What he said. I'm focused on more important things." I smiled smugly, "Researching about my education, and I have training with Uncle Phil and Grandpa. They said I could officially join the team soon."

Papa North smirked proudly, ruffling my hair, "That's my girl! See, Sang Baby? Grey has her priorities straightened out."

"I must agree with North, darling." Father abruptly entered the kitchen, wearing a button down shirt and slacks. "Greyson is far more intelligent than most her age." Father risked a glance at an annoyed Mama. "She reminds me of myself when I was her age."

"But you had a far larger stick up your ass." Mama snorted, wiping her hands off on a dish towel, and smacking it back down on the counter. "Greyson has never experienced dating, for god's sake. I want her to experience having crushes, going on dates, and connecting with people!" throwing up her hands, Mama placed a quick kiss on Father's cheek as she passed.

The three of us watched Mama leave the kitchen in silence. Casting a glance up at Father, I opened my mouth and spoke.

"Do you think she's going to make us all go meet the neighbors?"

"I am!" Mama yelled from the living room, "But you and Kylie are going to meet them. You have soup and the welcome basket to give them as an excuse to see them up close, and you have new cute clothes to wear when you go."

Whimpering, I slammed my head on the counter in exasperation, Father gently picked my head off the counter and soothed the red mark with a finger.

"But Mama! I'm an introvert! I don't like people!"

a/n
First chapter of Greyson is here!
What do you think?
I cannot fully express how freaking excited I am for y'all to meet the boys.
I'm thinking of making another fic, with my oc team, but it'll be reverse harem.

Thank you
For taking a chance on this book!

(Jjamppong: is a Chinese-style Korean noodle soup with red, spicy seafood- or pork-based broth flavored with gochugaru (chili powder). Common ingredients include onions, garlic, Korean zucchini, carrots, cabbages, squid, mussels, and pork. The dish was inspired by Chinese cuisine.)

^ Greyson's aesthetic ^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 18.8K 44
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
1.1M 59.6K 37
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...
239K 3K 34
"You ain't leaving until you suck my cock Y/n." he said with deep voice holding her hair tightly... ~𝒔𝒆𝒙 𝒔𝒄𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒔 ~𝒔𝒎𝒖𝒕 𝒘𝒂𝒓𝒏𝒊𝒏𝒈 ~𝒆...
160K 4.7K 49
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...