ink bound (JJK, Book 1 of the...

Por madselliewrites

"Hyung my soulmate is out there in the crowd. I felt the tattoo burn." In a world where turning 21 means you... Más

welcome!
character visuals
chapter one
chapter two
chapter three
chapter four
chapter five
chapter six
chapter seven
chapter eight
chapter nine
chapter ten
chapter eleven
chapter thirteen
chapter fourteen
chapter fifteen
chapter sixteen
chapter seventeen
chapter eighteen
chapter nineteen
chapter twenty
chapter twenty one
chapter twenty two
chapter twenty three
chapter twenty four
chapter twenty five
chapter twenty six
chapter twenty seven

chapter twelve

2.1K 60 4
Por madselliewrites

Reminder: Korean is written in bold and english/narration in regular text.

- JK's pov -

"What do you mean?" I say slowly. This isn't how I was expecting this to go.

She chews on her lower lip and her eyes gloss over. "I'm saying. We can't. Reject me Jungkook. Please. You shouldn't be with me, bonded to me, destined to live the rest of your life with me. You deserve something greater. I always wanted you to be happy. I thought you were unmarked. I was happy with that JK. Because then you'd be free to find someone you loved, someone worth it. You don't even know me. I'm nobody. Nothing. Do you understand? I'm just some college girl who works at a book store in the summer. How can you be with somebody who doesn't amount to anything as great as you have. What would people say when they find out your soulmate is someone who looks like me and doesn't come from much. It's better for you to reject me."

Her words flew by so fast, I have to think for a second to translate what she said in English. Her Korean is so amazing but I have to take some time to process what she says because of her pronunciation and the way she hesitates with her words especially now when she sounds so distressed. I look to Sejin for help and he comes closer. Translating everything for me in a low tone.

I hear her sigh and I shift my eyes to her. She shakes her head, backing up more.
"You see! I can't even fully speak Korean without so much as stuttering or having you get lost when it's too hard for me to get everything out in your language. Even when you talk too fast it's hard for me to understand you."

My soul can feel hers slipping away and I try to step closer to her. She puts her hands out in front of her. I swear I can feel my heart break each time she moves away from me

"This can't work Jungkook. I need to love you just as ARMY. You have to reject the bond."

"No no no! Please" I panic. How can she not feel what I'm feeling. The peace and calmness her entire presence brings to me just by her standing there. How can she think so harsh of herself to not want to try.
"I can try harder to -"

She cuts in "But you shouldn't have to. You shouldn't have to try to communicate with me. You deserve something better than this. Than me. Someone who won't be difficult to get to know. It's okay Jungkook" She chokes out, shaking her head with tears streaming down her beautiful face. I wanna reach out and wipe it all away. I'd promise anything right now for her to never cry like this again.

"Please. Just listen" I move closer to her and crouch down as much as I can to get her to look at me before standing up straight, still keeping a good distance from her so I don't scare her away. Her head tilting back slightly so she can fully look at me. Even now, unsure of what's gonna happen next, she's the most beautiful person I've ever seen in my life. I suck in a breath and stare into her brown orbs, hoping that whatever I feel can also be shown in my eyes. I want this. I need her to know.

I break eye contact to look towards Sejin and nod at him. I need this to be just me and her. He gives me a nod back and guides her friend out with him. I turn to find her eyes again.

"I've waited so long for this. For you. The possibility of my soulmate being someone that has nothing to do with my world was very clear to me. I was fully prepared to welcome whoever my soulmate was into my life. No matter how ordinary you think you are, I look at you and I already know how extraordinarily amazing you are. I can't wait to get to know how much more amazing you can be apart from what I see now. I want to get to know you. I wanna learn your language and help you learn mine. This world I'm in isn't easy and I knew fate would give me someone who understood that and could love me despite it. I know how many people would kill to be soul marked to one of us, I see it on social media all the time. Yet here you are telling me to reject you because you don't think you're good enough? Do you see how good that makes you? You would rather lose a piece of your soul because you think me being with you would make me unhappy. I promise you. I have been waiting so long for this. We can take things slow after we bond. Get to know each other better. I wanna make this work. I wouldn't want this with anyone else. Please just give this a chance" I speak slowly, needing her to understand every word that I said. My eyes brimming with tears, my throat hurting from pouring my heart out.

Her cheeks now stained with her tears, she looks down.

"Please" I plead with her. I'd get down on both knees and beg her if it meant that she'd give this a shot.

"Okay" She whispers so softly that I don't even think I'd have been able to hear it if I wasn't so drawn to her.

"Okay?" I let out a breath I didn't even know I was holding. "Okay! Let's start over, yeah?"

I move closer to her. "Hi I'm Jungkook. Nice to meet you"

She looks up again. Her eyes red from crying. "Hi Jungkook. My name is Taylor. It's nice to meet you too" Her voice soft and wavering a little. I know she's still scared. Whatever it takes, I want to help her see that she has nothing to be afraid of. That I'll always be there for her.

- Taylor's POV -

"Can I see your mark?" Jungkook says and I can see his hesitation to move closer to me.

I take a breath and walk closer to him. His eyes follow me until I'm standing right in front of him. I bring my right arm out in front of me and roll my mesh sleeve up to show him my soul mark.

He reaches out, not touching me just hovering slightly above my skin and I wince. I watch his fingers move over my skin. His closeness sending a sting right to my wrist. He flips his arm over and I'm met with 2 tattoos that look exactly like mine. The only difference is, his tattoos are much lighter than mine. If I didn't know what I was looking at, I wouldn't even be able to tell you what it was.

"Wow. You really are my soulmate" I let out a breathy laugh. I wasn't in denial before. I felt his soul reaching out to mine, but I needed him to reject the bond. I still wish he had. When he was talking to me about how long he's waited for me, a rush of heartache came running through my body. It felt dark and cold. I realized it wasn't my feelings, it was his. I couldn't break his heart by insisting he still reject me. I don't think I deserve this, but I'd do anything to never make him feel that pain again.

He returns my laugh, his minty breath falling over me. I look up to him and he's already staring at me. He searches my face for a bit, eyes scanning me. I take this time to do the same. I've never been this close to them. Those HD photos are nothing like the real thing. I can see all his little moles up close. Every little mole that every ARMY wishes they could see this close and in person. Just the thought of that reminds me that I am very lucky and extremely undeserving. His full lumps slightly parted right in front of my face, I have to stop myself from reaching out to touch his face.

"When you ran away from me at the meet and greet, you really didn't know I was your soulmate?" He asks. My eyes flicker up to meet his. I shake my head as I snap out of my thoughts.

"No, I had no idea. I genuinely thought it was someone sitting in the crowd with me. You knew since then?"

"Yeah, I can't describe it. When I heard your voice and I looked at you, I could feel our souls trying to reach out to each other. I felt the pull."

"I'm sorry" I whisper. I habitually fold my lower lip in, chewing on it. I can't believe I didn't feel that. I should've felt it.

"No! No, please don't be sorry." He hands go up to either side of my face.

My eyes shoot up to his brown ones and I gasp. It feels like electricity shooting through us. This is the second time we got this close to touching. His hands falling back down to his sides but I still feel it. That pull he was talking about.

"I've been studying soulmates a lot longer than you think and I've had my soul marks longer. I felt it the night you got yours. I felt the waves of your soul trying to reach mine. Please don't be sorry. I'm just happy I found you."

I nod, completely entranced by him. I don't notice that I've started to fidget with my hands until he looks down. I break eye contact to look down too and he moves his hands to hover over mine.

"Can I?" He breathes out.

I can barely get any words out. I wanna tell him no. I wanna convince him to reject me still. But I feel his soul now. It's like it's knocking at mine. That piece of me that broke off when I got my marks, it's starting to come back. I can feel it all. I want him to reject this bond but why does it feel so amazing to be standing this close to him. Our souls wanting to merge so bad.

I nod because if I try to speak right now I know nothing will come out. Nothing good anyway.

He takes a deep breath and closes the space between our hands.

A rush of heat spread from our conjoined hands to every single inch of my body. It felt good, like being wrapped in a warm blanket. Then suddenly every single fiber in my body felt like it was on fire. There was a sharp pain in my chest, a heavy feeling sending me collapsing into Jungkook's chest. I cried in pain and Jungkook wrapped his arms around me groaning.

"It's okay" He whispers as one arm wraps across my back and the other sliding up to hold the back of my head, massaging into my hair. "It's okay" He repeats, his voice strained. I could feel him shaking against my body, he's hurting so much too and he's standing here reassuring me that it'll be okay. Did I save a whole nation in a previous life to be granted this opportunity right now?

Another blow to my chest comes and I start to shake. Jungkook tightens his grip on me and grunts as his body jumps. I bury my face in Jungkook's chest, my mouth opening but no sound coming out. I can feel the banging on my chest. Like there's someone or something trying to get in. A piece of me felt like it slipped out of my body. His body relaxes against mine and his breathing starts to slow.

"You have to let me in Taylor. I can feel a piece of my soul trying to inch it's way to you but you're blocking it" He grabs my head between his hands, bringing my face up to meet his. Our faces only inches away and his chocolate orbs are staring into mine.

"Please let me in, beautiful" He glides his thumb across my cheek wiping the tears off my face. I didn't even realize I was blocking him out.

I take a deep breath and flutter my eyes closed. I can still feel his thumb stroking my cheek. I can feel his breath fanning my face. I let all my guard down. Any walls I built up, I let it down for now. I felt his soul brushing up against mine. Repairing the cracks that had been made when a piece of my soul hid away during marking night and gluing it's piece in the missing parts of my soul.

I sighed and my face fell forward onto Jungkook's chest. His hands going around to my back and rubbing circles into it. My breathing slowed and this euphoric feeling took over. I felt Jungkook's chuckle as it moved my head that was on his chest, up and down. I let out a breathy laugh. All that could be heard was our laughs, the slow panting as we were trying to catch our breaths and I could hear his heart beat syncing up with mine. This feeling was like no other. I felt full, complete. My soul felt intact and I could feel his soul with mine. It was like putting the last piece of the puzzle down.

There was a bright red glow coming from below me and I opened my eyes, pulling away from Jungkook's chest. He rubbed my arm and held my hand so our tattoos were in full view. Just like magic, I felt a tiny burn in my wrist and I watched as our marks formed into one on each of our wrists.

I smiled down at my wrist. It was beautiful. Our marks working perfectly together to form a simple beautiful mix of our passion. Jungkook moved his hand, enveloping my wrist as he traced over my mark. A shiver went down my spine and a tear ran down my cheek. I could feel how much he cared about me through his touch on my mark. It's indescribable.

I look up and finally notice how close we are. My face starts to heat up and I look down stepping back a little but he never lets go of my wrist.

I hear his deep chuckle, and I swear my face gets hotter. I didn't even know it was possible for my cheeks to flame up the way it is right now.

A knock comes from behind us and I jump a little. Startled by the sudden noise, I turn around to see Sejin poking his head through the door.

"Everything okay?"

"Yeah we're good, you guys can come in now" Jungkook answers.

Sejin holds the door open for Malia and she comes rushing towards me. She encases my body in a hug.

"T, you finally found your soulmate. I'm so so happy for you." She whispers.

"Thanks" I let a low sort of laugh that also sounded like a cry. Malia pulled back to look at my face and she gave me a look only we could decipher. She knew something was wrong and she wanted to hear all about it later.

She steps away from me and faces Jungkook.

"Hi Jungkook-ssi, I'm Malia." She bows. "Taylor is my best friend, my sister soulmate" She says looking to me with tears in her eyes.

He puts his hand out for her to shake and gives her a warm smile. "It's nice to meet you Malia"

She nods and grips his hand a little tighter. With tears in her eyes, she whispers "Please be kind with her heart" trying to make sure I didn't hear. But my best friend can't talk quietly to save her life.

Jungkook's face scrunches up in confusion for a split second before his eyes soften and he nods.

Malia let's go of his hand and laughs while shaking her head. "Why does it feel like I'm giving you away?"

I roll my eyes and nudge her. "Well you're not and you can't get rid of me just yet. We have to leave anyway, it's getting a little late"

"Leave?" Jungkook says from beside us.

I look to him and nod. "It's getting late. Malia and I should be heading back to our hotel now"

"Wait, have dinner with us. Me and the rest of the guys were gonna have a late dinner. Please come, both of you. I'll introduce you to everyone." I look to Malia for some help, but all the dumb girl does is shrug her shoulders at me. I can't. I need some processing time. I shake my head and look over to him to tell him that I can't tonight. I'm met with his beautiful big eyes, silently pleading. Fuck. I'm screwed huh.

I let out a tiny breath before nodding. "Okay. We'll
come"

He gives me a flash of that bunny smile I know and does a little punch in the air.

"Actually, it'll just be Taylor."

My eyes turn to saucers and I feel the panic bubbling in my stomach.
"Heh. No. It'll be Taylor AND Malia" I say through clenched teeth, wrapping my arm around hers and pulling her in.

"Nope. Just Taylor. I'm tired and you need to meet his hyungs on your own. Plus I already called for an uber"

I stare at her dumbfounded. This bitch. I'm gonna kill her. I'm really gonna kill her and stuff her in my suitcase until we get home where I can revive her and then kill her again.

"No need Malia-ssi, I'll have one of our drivers take you back to your hotel" Jungkook says, looking over to Sejin. Sejin gives him a smile.

"Of course. Whenever you're ready Miss Malia" Sejin smiles at her.

She hugs me and squeals quietly in my ear. "He called me Malia-ssi!" She pulls away. "Have fun!"

I smile at her with the widest fake smile I can give and mumble through the smile "I'm gonna kill you when I get back" She winks to me and bows towards Jungkook again bidding him a goodnight and thanking him for the invite. He returns the bow and tells her that he hopes to see her again soon. Sejin tells Jungkook that the boys are already heading there and there will be someone waiting out back for us when we're ready.

He nods and we watch as Sejin and Malia walk out, closing the door behind them.

He turns to me and claps his hands together excitedly.
"You ready?"

"O-okay" I nod.

He takes my hand in his and the warmth of our bond shoots through my body. He leads me out the door where the same guy in all black from earlier is standing right outside.

"Do-yun hyung." Jungkook greets him with a bow. The former greets him back and Jungkook smiles leading me further into the stadium. Do-yun, who I now can put a name to his face, hot on our trail.

We get to the back door labeled in bright read EXIT. Do-yun gets in front of us, walking out first. Checking the surroundings before opening the door wider for us to exit. I walk out to see a black Mercedes. Jungkook let's go of my hand and rushes ahead despite Do-yun telling him he'll get the door for us. He opens the car door gesturing me to get in.

I climb in the back seat and Jungkook climbs in right after me, giving me a small smile. He takes my hand in his again and he greets the driver. Do-yun gets in the front seat and the car starts moving.

I look out the window, admiring my surroundings. I'm gonna meet BTS again. Like all of them, but personally. As Jungkook's soulmate. I really need a guide on how to not freak out right now. Maybe a handbook called What To Do When Your Soulmate Is A Member Of One Of The Biggest Groups In The World And You're On Your Way To Meet The Rest Of The Members. Yeah, that sounds like it would be helpful. I'm seriously gonna shave Malia's eyebrows when I get back to the hotel. I can't believe she made me do this alone. It's okay Taylor. They're just guys. Normal guys. They're normal. We can fan girl back at the hotel room. Tonight they're your soulmates brothers. Don't freak out. Act as you normally would if you were meeting new people.

I breathe in deep and Jungkook squeezes my hand. I turn my head to him.

"You okay?" He asks. I nod in response.

"Okay" He smiles. "We're almost there, I think"

A/N
This will be the last note I leave on my actual chapters. This is a clarification of the soulmate universe and how it works when you get a soulmate. When you first get your soul marks, a piece of your soul rips itself off and goes away into "hiding" Where it basically feels dormant to you but it's wandering around trying to find your soul mate. When you bond, the piece of your soul that broke off leaves completely and etches itself into the soul of your soulmate. Vice versa happens, your soulmates soul will push its way into yours and basically glue itself to your soul. Hope that clears some things up and I hope you're enjoying the book so far!

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

52.4K 1.4K 54
In this world everyone has a soulmate or should i say soulmates?yes soulmates . many people have one soulmate or more than one it depends on your sou...
409K 14K 12
Every person is born with two tattoos. One on each arm. One matches your soulmate, and one matches your worst enemy. However, most people have no cl...
46.8K 1.4K 20
Soulmate is someone who can be said as your other half....The one when passes by or is just near you gives you butterflies and shivers down your spin...
738K 26.1K 23
Soulmate AU A story in which a girl finally gets her soulmate mark, to an idol thousands of miles away. -------- Completed: 2/2/21 If you're Felix r...