๐‘€๐‘œ๐“‚๐“‚๐“Ž ๐ผ๐“ˆ๐“ˆ๐“Š๐‘’๐“ˆ (๐‘…๐‘’...

By maki_neko7

You couldn't tell by looking at her, but [Y/n] is an assassin, is surprisingly good at her job. She only has... More

Piece of Cake
Spice of Life
What Will Be, Will Be
Crunch Time
Wishes & Command
After Rain Comes Fair Weather
Nothing Seek, Nothing Find
No Sweet Without Sweat
Lost At Sea
Everyone Will Be Hypocrites
Daughter Daddies Plus Mommy

Kiss of Death

5.6K 232 63
By maki_neko7

[Y/n] was rudely woken up by yelling from Kazuki and whining from Miri. She rubbed her eyes, sitting up.

"I wanna break eggs, too!"

"Just stay put!"

"That's not fun!"

"It's not supposed to be fun!"

"What the hell...?" She muttered.

[Y/n] rubbed her eyes as she stepped out of her room and walked downstairs to see Miri on top on a pile of Rei's video games. Miri laughed. [Y/n] literally forgot that she was here.

Soon, breakfast was served. Miri ate at the coffee table while [Y/n] and Rei sat with Kazuki at the larger table.

Miri was in awe of the meal. "Looks so good!" She cheered and reached for it. But, Kazuki stopped her. "Hold it. Before you eat, you say, 'thank you for the food.'" He said.

Rei went to eat, "Rei! That goes for you, too!" [Y/n] giggled.

"Thank you for the food!" They said in unison. [Y/n] took a bite and smiled. The french toast was so sweet and so good. "This kid's a real handful, huh?" Kazuki said.

"And who brought her home?" Rei questioned with his mouth full.

"Like I said, I'll figure it-" [Y/n] and Kazuki noticed the mess that Rei was. "That's your man, remember." Kazuki said, and [Y/n] sighed.

"I'll get some napkins." She said while getting up.

After they ate, [Y/n] made them some tea while Kazuki read the note that Miri was sent with. "This is your child. I still resent you for abandoning me when I was pregnant. I'd like you to raise her. And if you don't want your wife to find out, I invite you to pay back child support plus extra compensation."

"A mistress of his, then?" Rei questioned.

"No wonder she doesn't know her father." [Y/n] muttered sipping her tea.

"Crud. We killed the guy she's billing." Kazuki said, making [Y/n] almost choke.

"That girl saw what we do, right?" Rei asked.

"She did sorta witness a gunfight, yeah."

"She's a baby; she didn't know what was going on...right?" [Y/n] questioned.

"What do we do?"

"We can't take her to the police. That'll raise too many questions." [Y/n] said.

"I guess we'll have to send her back to her mom." Kazuki said.

"Where does she live?" Rei asked.

"Does it say?" [Y/n] questioned, looking at the envelope, "It doesn't say." [Y/n] noticed Rei pulling out his cigarettes.

"Rei..." [Y/n] scolded. He looked at her, "Not around Miri-chan."

Kazuki and [Y/n] made him stand under the vent above the stove. [Y/n] and Kazuki went over to Miri. "Miri-chan..." Kazuki sung.

The little girl looked at them. "It's all over you!" Kazuki said, surprised.

"Gross." Rei said.

"Like you're one to talk." [Y/n] muttered, "I'll got get some more napkins." She went into the kitchen while Kazuki continued to talk to Miri.

"Hey, can you tell us where you're from?" Kazuki asked.

"Fawwaway!" Miri said.

"Swallow first, please." Miri did.

"Far away!"

"Who brought you here, then?" [Y/n] brought back the napkins.

"No one!"

"How?"

"Lots of walking, then a train!"

"From which station?"

"Dunno!"

[Y/n] sighed, "I could have told you that." She muttered.

"On which train?" Kazuki asked.

"Dunno!"

"Jurisdiction?!"

"Juice? Yes, please!" Miri cheered, and [Y/n] giggled while Kazuki and Rei was annoyed. "Sure, Miri-chan." [Y/n] said and went to get her some juice.

"Mmm, we should get more child-friendly drinks." [Y/n] muttered as the assassins regrouped in the kitchen, "The best we have is soda water."

"It's feeling like a miracle that she made it to that hotel." Rei said.

"My bad for expecting answers from a kid." Kazuki said, "Let's take it slower." [Y/n] nodded in agreement.

"Here you are, Miri-chan." [Y/n] said and set the cup down. Miri took a sip. "Spicy!" She said, and [Y/n] giggled, sitting on the floor with her.

Kazuki and Rei sat at the table. "So, what's your name?" Kazuki questioned.

"I'm Unasaka Miri, and I'm four years old!" Miri said, and Kazuki looked up her name, "My mama's a good singer. She even sings when she works!"

"Where does she work?" Kazuki asked.

"Dunno!" Miri said and began to sing. [Y/n] walked over to the table. "Still nothing to go on." Kazuki said, "And I doubt I'll be able to track a mafia love child."

Miri tried reaching for the computer. "Hands off!" Kazuki said, moving the computer a little, "It's not my choice, but I might check in with Kyu-chan."

"I'll join you." Rei said.

"Who's gonna stay with her?" Kazuki questioned.

"I can." [Y/n] said with a smile.

"Miri wants to see!" Miri said, climbing on Kazuki. Then she knocked over Kazuki's cup.

"A-Are you okay?! Did you get burned?!" Kazuki asked.

"I'm sorry!" Miri said with a giggle.

"Let me get you cleaned up, Miri-chan." [Y/n] said, picking Miri up. She walked up stairs.

"[Y/n] seems to like Miri a lot." Kazuki said while cleaning the mess.

"Yeah..." Rei agreed, "Her... dream was to work with children."

Kazuki smirked, "I'm surprised you even know that."

"She talks a lot." Rei muttered, looking away.

[Y/n] changed Miri into one of her shirts. "Tada!" [Y/n] cheered, bringing Miri into the living room. "It's all big!" Miri said.

"Yeah. Just wear that for a while." Kazuki said, "Be good for [Y/n], alright."

"Aww, no kiss goodbye, Rei?" [Y/n] questioned.

Rei looked at her for a moment. "No." He said and left with Kazuki.

[Y/n] smiled, "Alright, what shall we do, Miri-chan?"

"Does uncle Rei not like kisses?" Miri questioned.

"I guess not. He never wants any." [Y/n] muttered.

"I love my mama's kisses!" Miri said.

"I'm sure you do." [Y/n] said with a giggle and clapped her hands together, "How about a makeover, Miri-chan?"

Miri's eyes sparkled, "Yes!"

[Y/n] sat on the couch with Miri in her lap as she hummed a soft tune and brushing Miri's hair. "You're a good singer like my mama." Miri said.

"Really? Do you miss your mama?" [Y/n] asked.

Miri nodded. "But, I got to meet Papa, Uncle Rei, and you, Auntie." Miri said and smiled. [Y/n] grinned.

"Your papa is really funny. Uncle Rei can be mean at times, but he's good person." [Y/n] said.

"Really?" Miri said.

"Of course. I love Rei." [Y/n] said.

"Love?" Miri questioned, and [Y/n] nodded, styling Miri's hair.

"I wanna stay with him forever and ever."

"I wanna stay with Papa forever and ever!" Miri cheered.

~

"We're back." Kazuki announced, and they noticed the trashed house. Rei pulled out his gun and scanned the living room. "You gotta be kidding me." Kazuki said, "Miri! [Y/n]!"

There was a thud upstairs. They made their way upstairs, and Rei kicked in the door. "I'm ready now!" Miri said.

[Y/n] came out of the closet and jumped out of the closet, landing on Rei's back. "Got'cha!" She said, and Rei sighed.

"They're playing hide and seek?!" Kazuki said.

"You chose a poor cover, Miri." [Y/n] said with a laugh.

"You found us!" Miri said, "I'll be 'it' this time!" She grabbed a gun. "Bang, bang!"

"Hey! That's a real gun!"

"It's not loaded." Rei said, and Miri ran off.

"Get back here, damn it!" Kazuki yelled.

"No! You hide, Papa!" Miri said.

"You little brat!" Kazuki yelled and ran after her.

"Can't leave her with you, either." Rei said. [Y/n] pouted, "We were having fun." She squeezed Rei tighter.

After cleaning up, Kazuki cooked dinner and briefed [Y/n] and Rei on their next mission.

"The target's a drug kingpin living in a mansion on an inlet." Kazuki explained while scrolled through his laptop, "His gang works with foreign mafias and constantly starts shit with other gangs, while the Bossman here's a big fraidy-cat, with top-rate security on his mansion. He's got a ton of his own men standing watch at all times, so there's no way to get in through normal means. And cliffs all around the place make it impossible to get a clear look inside, so a sniper shot's right out. Any thoughts?"

"Charge in the front and kill 'em all." Rei said.

"Quick, fast, and easy. We'll be home by dinner." [Y/n] agreed.

"Yeah, right!" Kazuki said. "Remember Kyu-chan just warning us about the whole subtly thing? We can't wind up on the newspaper again."

Miri came around the table. "Hey, Papa." She said, "It's not the same."

"Huh?"

"It's not the same as mama's hamburg steak." Miri said.

"You can tell, Miri?!" Kazuki questioned, "Yes, I used A-grade ground beef and nutmeg to make it nice and juicy! My carefully-crafted homemade hambu-"

"Mama's is better!" Miri said which hurt Kazuki, making [Y/n] and Rei laugh a bit.

"I wonder where Mama is." Miri said.

"Where'd that come from..."

"I hope she's not too lonely..." Miri muttered, and [Y/n] eyes saddened a bit.

"Hey...Miri." Kazuki said, and Miri stuck her tongue out at him then ran away. "Hey! You!"

"Hide and seek!" Miri cheered while running away.

"Finish your dinner first!" Kazuki said and ran after her.

[Y/n] giggled bit and continued to eat her food. Rei noticed the golden necklace around her neck. [Y/n] noticed Rei looking at her, which made her blush a bit. "What is it?" She asked.

"Nothing." He said and continued to eat.

[Y/n] checked her phone, still nothing from her mother. Not even a thank you for the money she's sent her. Kazuki walked back into the living room and looked around for Miri.

Suddenly, the tv turned on, and Miri ran off.

"Hey! Get back here!" Kazuki said and chased after her, "That's enough!"

Miri giggled and ran off again. Kazuki found her behind the counter. "Miri!" She ran off again.

"You rock at hide and seek." Rei said, and [Y/n] nodded.

"This isn't hide and seek! She's just making me run all around the-" Kazuki yelled and an idea hit him, "Say, that just might work!" Then sat with his partners, explaining his plan. "Take down the security system, then wait for the right time to start the chaos..."

~

after gathering this for the mission, [Y/n], Rei and Kazuki gathered into the living room. "Ready to do this?" Kazuki said.

"Yeah!" [Y/n] cheered, and Rei nodded.

"Can I come? I wanna go out with Papa!" Miri said.

"What's the plan here?" Rei questioned.

"Yeah, I could stay here. I'm sure Rei doesn't need me to back him up." [Y/n] said.

"I got it handled." Kazuki said and laid out snacks the drinks for her. Miri cheered with joy. "And you can have as much as you like!"

"Yay!" Miri cheered.

"That should keep her quiet for a while." Kazuki said.

"It's like a bride or leaving a pet at home." Rei said while [Y/n] gave a worried look as they walked out. Miri noticed them leaving. "Papa! No!" She yelled, and Kazuki closed the door.

"J-Just shut the hell up!" Kazuki yelled.

"Poor Miri-chan." [Y/n] muttered.

"You certainly had that handled." Rei said as Miri continued to yell, "We're gonna get evicted."

"B-But..."

"Is something the matter?" A neighbor asked.

"Oh, no, everything's fine!" Kazuki said with a nervous smile then opened the door to a crying Miri. "I wanna come, too!" She cried and hugged onto Kazuki's leg.

"This isn't going to be good." Rei said, and [Y/n] sighed.

"My poor plan..." Kazuki said.

So, they had to take her on the mission with them. [Y/n] and Rei emerged from the water with their gear. The pair pulled themselves up on land and pieced their guns together and got into their sniping positions.

"All set, Kazu." [Y/n] said into her earpiece, and they waited for a clear shot into the building. "I should have stayed home with Miri." [Y/n] muttered.

"You like her?" Rei questioned.

"Yeah, she's just a kid. She doesn't know any better." [Y/n] said, "It's fun around her." Rei looked over at her and saw the sad look in her eyes.

"I see movement." [Y/n] said and looked closer through her scope. She could see Miri running around while Kazuki chased her. The security guards aimed their guns at them after he caught her.

[Y/n] shot one on the guards while Rei took out the guy aiming at Kazuki. Rei shot the chandelier down as distraction. "Stay behind me." Rei said, and [Y/n] nodded. He began walking, and [Y/n] stuck closely behind him. They took out the two guards running at them.

"This should've been Plan A." Rei said as he continued to shoot into the building.

"Don't be stupid! We're still in here!" Kazuki yelled and ran outside with Miri in his arms. "The plan's off!" Kazuki scooped Rei up. Rei grabbed onto [Y/n], pulling her along, while still trying to shoot at the enemies. Kazuki carried them into the woods all the way to the boat.

"Darn it! You made it flashy again!" Kazuki yelled at Rei as they got away on the boat. Miri sat on [Y/n]'s lap. "I've never killed you, have I?" Rei questioned.

"That doesn't make it okay!"

"And you, Miri! You flushed my whole plan down the toilet!" Kazuki continued to yell.

"Sorry!" Miri said with a sad look. "And you could've gotten yourself killed! Don't scare me like that again! Got it?"

"Got it, Papa!" Miri said.

"Oh, and never call me 'Papa' outside of the house again! You get it?"

"Okay, Papa!"

"She don't get it!" [Y/n] giggled.

~~~

Kazuki and Rei stared down at a sleeping Miri snuggled up with a sleeping [Y/n]. "We botched it." Rei said.

"Yeah, I know. It's pretty bad. We can't do our work with the kid around." Kazuki said, "We gotta do something about her..."

Suddenly, he got a call from Kyutaro. "Well done."

"W-Well, u-um..."

"Don't worry. You're off the job now. I'll deal with it."

"Right."

"And the research issue... He apparently had one child with a mistress. A little girl. I'll send you the details later."

"Sure. Thank you, Kyu-chan." Kazuki said and hung up, "We've got the mother's location. Time to get this monkey off our backs."

"[Y/n]'s not going to like this." Rei said as [Y/n] hugged Miri tighter.

"It's for the best." Kazuki said.

Rei walked over to [Y/n] and scooped her into his arms. He held her close as he walked up the stairs to put her in bed. [Y/n] began to stir. "Mama..." She muttered in her sleep. She was having a nightmare. Rei placed his hand on [Y/n]'s cheek, softly stroking her face to calm her down. Then he walked away.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.3K 1.3K 33
Sสœแด‡'s แด€ แด˜ส€แดา“แด‡ssษชแดษดแด€สŸ แด€ssแด€ssษชษด แดกสœแด แดกแด€s แด‹ษดแดแดกษด า“แดส€ สŸแด‡แด€แด ษชษดษข แด‹แดœษดแด€ษชs ษชษด สœแด‡ส€ แด›แด€ส€ษขแด‡แด›s. Tสœแดแดœษขสœ sสœแด‡ แดษชษขสœแด› sแด‡แด‡แด แด…แด‡แด€แด…สŸส แด€ษดแด… sแด›แด‡ส€ษด แด€แด› า“ษชส€sแด› ษขสŸแด€ษดแด„แด‡, sสœแด‡'s sแดกแด‡แด‡แด›แด‡ส€...
16K 286 37
Life hasn't been the very best for Emiko Mizuki growing up. At the young age of six, Emiko's family was killed by a gang, following her father's last...
8.3K 210 7
Ryomen Sukuna x Fem!Reader On the surface, Ryomen Sukuna might just be your regular bad boy with big ego who didn't care for anyone but himself. But...
2.2K 113 10
"Excuse me?" Rei asked, reaching down to grab at the black haired male. He cowered from the taller man. "Go away." John said, with tears in his eyes...