Amidst Our Hearts

By escritoraa__

Sakeena Ibrahim Abdulmaleek; Fierce, bold, challenging and brave. Never thought her life will turn out that w... More

Author's note/copyright
Cast | Aesthetics
One.
Two.
Three.
Four.
Five.
Six.
Seven.
Eight.
Nine.
Ten.
Eleven.
Twelve.
Thirteen.
Fourteen.
Fifteen.
Sixteen.
Seventeen.
Eighteen.
Nineteen.
Twenty.
Twenty one.
Twenty two.
Twenty three.
Twenty four.
Twenty five.
Twenty six.
Twenty seven.
Twenty eight.
Twenty nine.
Thirty.
Thirty one.
Aesthetics!
Thirty two.
Thirty three.
Thirty four.
Thirty five.
Thirty six.
Thirty seven.
Thirty eight.
Thirty nine.
Forty.
Forty one.
Forty two.
Forty three.
Forty four.
Forty five.
Forty six.
Forty seven.
Forty eight.
Forty nine.
Fifty.
Fifty one.
Fifty three.
Fifty four.
Fifty five.
Fifty six.
Fifty seven.
Fifty eight.
Fifty nine.
Sixty.
Sixty one.
Sixty two.
Sixty three.
Sixty four (Part I)
Sixty four (Part II)
Sixty five.
Epilogue
Author's note (Must read)
50k Reads💃 | New Book?

Fifty two.

772 93 11
By escritoraa__

Not Edited.

Federal Capital Territory,
Nigeria.

She walked into the hospital, her heels leaving clanks on the tiled floor, head held up high. Even though with a mask hiding her nose and mouth, the antiseptic smell of the hospital hit her hard. Large sunglasses covered her eyes, a scarf wrapped around her hair.

She has a bad experience with hospitals. Many treacherous events caused her to land there more times than she could count.

Locating the room of the one she came here for was easy. Pushing the door without asking for permission, she entered the room that contains only one person, the patient himself. There was no other person in the room. She watched his sister walk out before she made a move to see him.

Standing beside the bed, she took in his disheveled face, a bandaged wrapped around his head and nose, stitches covered his swollen face. Khalifa did some real damage to his face, kudos to him for that. He now knows the immense love Khalifa has for his wife, the same love which will lead to his downfall once again.

Sakeena popped out of nowhere and took her place in his heart, in everyone's heart and she'll be damned if she let's it continue that way. If she goes down, she takes everyone with her. Imran is just the perfect pawn in her game, she'll use the love he claims to have for Sakeena in her own advantage.

Imran's eyes flutter open, even in his sleep his mind sensed that there's a person hovering over him, her soul radiates danger. The toxic energy gotten from her is too strong to handle. He knows how well she causes chaos wherever she goes even though he hasn't known her for long. For her to be in Sakeena and Khalifa's life, they are in for it.

"Khalifa didn't do you good." Haaya chuckled. "I will say stay from Sakeena but we all know that's not what both of us want." She concluded with a smirk.

"What do you want?" Imran coughed roughly as his throat burn. Haaya passed him a bottle of water which he gulped down at one go.

"Same thing that you want." Came her reply. "Both Sakeena and Khalifa can't be together. I'm not here to cause you any harm. All I want is your cooperation, just maybe we can achieve what we both want." Imran hesitated before shaking his head no. He doesn't want any involvement with this... girl, and whatever she has to offer anymore.

"C'mon Imran, I can't believe you're giving up on Sakeena." She sighed and slumped her shoulders. "Khalifa always gets the upper hand and you get the remaining of what's his everytime. After all, it's not your luck." She laughed internally as she watched jealousy flashed in Imran's eyes. She knew that will do the trick.

"What is in for me then?" Imran asked.

"You get Sakeena, the girl you're crazy about." Haaya replied with a smug expression. She just doesn't get why he's so attracted to her.

Imran hesitated for a bit. "What do I have to do?" He stared at the ceiling, his heart hammering in his chest.

Is he about to make a bad decision? Yes.

Will he regret it? Yes.

But, nonetheless, it'll bring Sakeena back into his arms so it's worth a shot.

Haaya elaborated her plans to him and the role he'll play. "Sakeena's elder brother is the biggest bait that we have, I know exactly how to lure him. That's it, I have a meeting with someone important. Get well soon." She sashayed out of the room like she owns the floor with her heels leaving resonating flanks behind.

•••••

"Polo club, 16:00 sharp."

Khalifa's eye narrowed as he stared at the message from an anonymous contact. He deeply wonder who wants to meet him. He already has enough on his plate, he doesn't need more. His instincts' already telling him who it might be.

He huffed out a breath and tossed his phone away which landed on the bed near Sakeena's sleeping figure. He rubbed his forehead while weighing his chances of going or not to go. In the end, the made a final decision that maybe this meeting might unravel some answers to the questions they have.

The time read 15:25 on the wall clock so he might as well step out for a bit, pray and go to the meeting. If only he knew how complicated and twisted things are about to get, he wouldn't even set a foot out of the house.

As he jogged down the stairs, he heard shuffling and sounds of footsteps coming from the kitchen belonging to his sister in law. He doesn't have the energy to answer her endless strings of questions so he tip toed out of the house like a guilty thief, not before snatching the car keys he found laying idly on the console on his way out.

After offering Asr prayer in a mosque nearby and driving around for a while, he parked in the allocated parking area of the polo club and walked straight into the lounge. He sat at an empty and private area waiting for whoever called him to show up.

"I never thought that you'll make it." A sultry feminine voice said from opposite him. He raised his head and made eye contact with the main source of all their problems. Her appearance made everything to flip upside down at once.

Khalifa's eye trailed up and down her body. She's waiting a beige pleated top and cargo pants, her head covered with a vintage scarf and raybans shielding her eyes. She placed the beige coloured Dior handbag on the table and took a seat. Her aura oozes chaos and calamity, something that didn't sit right with Khalifa. This meeting definitely won't end well.

"Still trying hard to process that I am well and alive I see. The faster you accept the fact the easier it'll be on all of you." She crossed her legs and leaned back on the chair.

"What did you call me here for?" Khalifa's gruff voice came.

"I don't remember you to be this stoic." She dramatically placed her hands on her chest. Khalifa's face morphed into a deep frown.

"Get to the point or you won't remember me at all." He threatened but it didn't work on Haaya at all.

"Threatening me won't ever work, not when I have something juicy for you. Keep your threats to yourself and also, before we dive into the main part of this "reunion" why don't we catch up a bit." She stared at him through the raybans. His frown deepened even more.

"Tell me whatever you have or I leave because I'm not gonna do this shit with you." His deep voice came making her core tingle. He doesn't know the kind of effects he has on her even though she knows how much his entire family and himself don't appreciate her presence one bit. But she's not gonna let her heart betray her that easily, she's going to carry out her plans in accordance because she has been through countless shit all through her life, it's time to give them a taste of it also, especially Sakeena who thinks she has the perfect little life.

"If you leave it is your lose Khalifa. All of my sources of information are legit and true so I think it's best if you actually do this shit with me." She repeated his words purposely to irk him out.

Khalifa's blood is starting to boil at this point but he knows better than to lose his calm at the moment. "What do you want?" He asked.

Haaya shrugged. "Nothing much."

"If it's money you want you'll get. We'll compensate you for the past life that you had which didn't turn out in your favour." Khalifa offered.

Haaya frowned at his words. "Mind you, I am no gold digger. I do not want your money."

"What do you want then?" He asked again.

"Divorce Sakeena." She dropped the bomb making Khalifa let out a scoff.

He let out an exasperated breath. "You're not serious."

"Hell yeah I am. I've got all my reasons for saying so. Your parents never told you the exact reason for getting you and Sakeena married." She paused, he didn't answer so she continued. "Sakeena is the root cause of all that is happening. You may deny it but there's no other truth other than that."

"This truth that you're speaking of, tell me more about it." Khalifa voiced. Haaya laughed victoriously internally. She never thought that Khalifa is willing to listen to her, especially when she brought Sakeena's name in.

She elaborated all that she found about after some deep digging. Khalifa kept a neutral unreadable expression but his heart is racing on the inside. Haaya is finally shedding on all that is happening.

"-Sakeena is in grave danger. You're family is being attacked because of her and if you think about it, she is also a danger to all of you. You may deny it all you want Khalifa but believe it or not, this is nothing but the truth. You have to stay away from her because her life is on the line here. If losing me will do so much damage to you then I wonder what losing Sakeena will feel like." Khalifa still didn't respond to her. Haaya's words are still trying to register in his head.

She continued. "She is the next target here, delaying separating from her further will cause great damage here and if you don't believe me-" she opened her handbag and brought out a brown envelope then passed it to Khalifa. "-look into this carefully, you'll realise it all." Khalifa didn't reply her but this flick his eye from her face to the envelope on the table.

He felt suffocated and claustrophobic. He snatched the envelope into his tight grip and walked out of the lounge in fast strides without looking back.

Haaya leaned back with a satisfied smirk on her lips. She mixed the iced coke she ordered with the straw before taking a sip. Her plan worked perfectly according to plan. All she told him was the truth. There may be a much nicer way to break it to him but it had to be done this was and by her. She got the exact reaction she needed, she'll just sit back and watch as it plays out from here.

A masculine figure watched them from a corner in the lounge. His face is set into a deep frown at the sight of the two together. He has been watching them since Khalifa came into the lounge. He didn't mean to pry but what exactly is Khalifa talking about with this lady? He has heard their conversation from the beginning to the very end. What does his sister has to do with all this and why is this lady forcing Khalifa to divorce his sister?

He doesn't want to come to a conclusion by himself till he hears the story from Khalifa's side. Of course he feels sympathy for whatever his family is going through but bringing his sister into the mere middle of it all, he's not going to allow her to suffer the consequences alone.

He doesn't want to believe all that he heard but he needs to get his answers as well.

•••••

Short chapter but, it's still an update nonetheless.

We have hit 10k+ reads😭❤.

Keep voting.

Keep commenting

Keep sharing

Stay tuned for 53.

Aishatou💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

120K 18.9K 65
~BOOK 2 IN THE DESIRES SERIES~ STARTED ON 27-AUGUST-2020 FINISHED ON 14-OCTOBER-2020 Completed. #1 Nigerian On 05-Sept-2021 #18 Africa...
78.8K 12K 46
Completed.✔ Highest Ranks. #1 in Kano on 22nd October, 2020. #2 in hausa on 1st November, 2019. In 2019, Fatima Bukar got a scholarship to study in L...
62.2K 8.3K 26
we all know that sometimes a lie could get you in trouble sometimes but for faiza it got her in love....A Nigerian based novel Completed✅
145K 12.9K 58
Book one in the Dantata Series She joked about getting a husband at the wedding. He was the groom's cousin. They say some love stories start when you...