Pluto Projector.

By madd_libbs

In which (Y/n) (Y/l/n) begins to wonder if she really does want her memory back. Book Five of the Party Polic... More

Info.
Year Seven - Half-Blood Prince
Chapter One.
Chapter Two.
Chapter Three.
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six.
Chapter Seven.
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten.
Chapter Eleven.
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen.
Chapter Fifteen.
Chapter Sixteen.
Chapter Seventeen.
Chapter Eighteen.
Chapter Nineteen.
Chapter Twenty.
Chapter Twenty-Two.
Chapter Twenty-Three.
Chapter Twenty-Four.
Chapter Twenty-Five.
Chapter Twenty-Six.

Chapter Twenty-One.

194 24 9
By madd_libbs

"A Slytherin party?" Cho repeated. "(Y/n), you can't wear that to one of those..."

"Why not?" (Y/n) blinked, peering down at her patterned cropped tie-top and wide-legged pants as though expecting to find something wrong with what she thought was an average party outfit.

"Well, think of what Slytherin is full of," Cho said.

"Other than themselves, you mean," Marietta snickered. Cho briefly grinned but (Y/n) frowned.

"Anyways," Cho continued. "Purebloods and Half-bloods. Wizarding kind. You can't wear clothes you'd wear to a Muggle party. I mean, their parties are full of... ballroom dancing and music by Wizards."

"What are you suggesting, then?" (Y/n) asked. Cho strode right over to (Y/n)'s wardrobe, threw open the doors and started flipping through (Y/n)'s clothing. Marietta and (Y/n) merely watched, patiently waiting.

"What about this? This one's cute..." Cho said, holding up a beige dress that had beaded embroidery and pearls that would, based on the length, reach just above (Y/n)'s knees. "You don't want much colour at Slytherin parties."

"Wouldn't a darker colour be better?" Marietta asked. Cho turned, once again flipping through (Y/n)'s closet.

"There's this grey one..." Cho said, pulling out a grey satin dress and showing it to the girls. "It's a hit shorter, though..." Marietta shrugged.

"Most of their parties eventually morph away from just ballroom dances," Marietta said.

"True," Cho agreed. "But Wizarding music is never really something to rave to, is it?" she laughed. "I think this grey one will be your best bet, (Y/n)..."

"No colour?" (Y/n) frowned.

"Your makeup's already colourful," Cho said. "Shimmery, at least, I meant..." (Y/n) huffed, reluctantly accepting the dress as Cho returned the beige one to (Y/n)'s closet. (Y/n) changed her original outfit out for the grey satin dress, which was considered a cocktail dress. One of the sides of the skirt had a slit and was ruched. She then regretfully changed her jellyfish earrings out for simple pearl raindrop-styled ones. Cho then offered (Y/n) a blue caplet that (Y/n) got on with a pair of blue low heels which she vaguely remembered adding lace and a pendant to. Finally, she grabbed a pearl chocked with red gems meant to replicate splatters of blood. She got it on as she joined the other girls in the middle of the room. Cho beamed at her, looking like an awfully proud mother.
"You wore that in our third year, if I remember correctly... I think you were being a '50s housewife because you had a Death Day party to attend or something like that," Cho rambled. "Anyways... Don't be out too late," she said, following (Y/n) and Marietta out of the room and down to the common room.

"And don't get jinxed," Marietta added.

"There is no way that will happen," (Y/n) said with such confidence that Marietta and Cho almost believed (Y/n) had no chance of getting hexed.

"Not without consequences, you mean," Cho said. "I know quite a few good jinxes learned last year." She held her wand up menacingly, pulling a grin from (Y/n).

"Careful, Cho, with your height, it's one wrong move and suddenly you're claiming 'It's just a joke, it's just a joke!'" Marietta said.

"Hey!" Cho seethed. "I thought you were above those jokes, Mari..." The pair remained in the centre of the common room, leaving (Y/n) to head down a narrow hall and to the door by herself. Just before she went down said hallway, (Y/n) turned to look at her friends, who stood near the large statue of Helena Ravenclaw and beneath one of the planets that hung from the spiral staircase. She waved her fingers and set off.

"—and then there's, of course, the Halloween Festival on Friday rather than, you know, actual Halloween," Pansy was saying as (Y/n) exited. She had on an emerald dress with a cute choker that had a little bat on it.

"Hey," Daphne greeted with a smile on her glossed lips. She wore a purple-coloured velvet dress that was shorter than (Y/n)'s.

"What are you guys talking about?" (Y/n) questioned.

"Oh, we were talking about why the Halloween party is this week rather than next," Pansy answered. "We're all excited as the rest of you are for the Festival..."

"Yeah, I'm honestly surprised considering a lot of the things included in the festival are traditionally associated with Muggle-related activities," Daphne added. "I think it's because you're the Head Girl that's been promoting it."

"Huh?" (Y/n) blinked.

"Most of us love you," Pansy informed. "And the others tolerate you as Cassius's ex. And the odd ones out hate you for being Muggle-born or for being associated with Potter's lot." Daphne nodded in confirmation.

"I was not aware..." (Y/n) murmured. The girls smiled. "Why?"

"Hm? Why, what?"

"Why do you like me?"

"I liked you because you weren't the pushover I thought you to be," Pansy answered.

"I liked you since the beginning," Daphne informed. "The ones you're closer to have their own information and for the others, I imagine it was out of respect for defending Cassius's honour even if it cost you your own safety..."

"I also think it's because they appreciate your simplicity..."

"Simplicity?"

"Mhm. You're easy to please," Pansy smiled. (Y/n)'s eyebrows furrowed. "There was this time you were so thrilled to get a flower from Daph but when it came to something luxurious, you sent it back..."

"Flowers are free or cheap, luxury is not," (Y/n) stated. Pansy and Daphne snickered.

"That's exactly what I'm getting at," Pansy said. "Let yourself get spoiled once in a while, won't you?" (Y/n) shook her head in denial, drawing to a halt outside the silent Slytherin common room. Pansy gave the password and the wall opened. (Y/n) was then able to hear the chatter and music inside. The two Slytherins led the way inside and (Y/n) followed, looking around the green-hued common room (which came as a result of being under the Black Lake). The furniture inside seemed the fit the expensive life that fit most Pure Blood status— Clean, leather and cloth couches and pristine armchairs that had blankets made of fur draped over them; A grand piano, which seemed to be playing classical music on its own; Coloured glass windows, high ceilings from which loads of curtains came down from; Portraits all along the walls and columns; A two-step staircase that led down into an open area with more seats and a fireplace. (Y/n) noticed there were no tables (other than the ones for food and drink) in the room but she assumed this was likely due to there being a party going on as she had seen photos of her sitting at a table with green lighting that matched the common room.
Pansy and Daphne hung their coats on a clothing rack, which had previously rotated to present the two with hooks. It remained still until (Y/n) hung Cho's caplet on the rack. Then, it started slowly rotating as though waiting for someone to come along and add a coat or remove one. The three then strode further into the room.

"Hey," Mattheo greeted, waving his hand from where he was grabbing a champagne glass of a clear beverage (Y/n) wasn't sure about.

"Where's everyone else?" Daphne asked.

"Theo and Enzo are dancing, Blaise is, uh... Actually, I haven't seen him yet..." Mattheo admitted. Pansy's eyes scanned the room and she snorted upon seeing Theodore and Lorenzo waltzing together. She soon spotted Blaise chatting with a pair of Slytherins. When he met Pansy's eyes, he seemed to quicken the ending of their conversation before striding over.

"What drinks are these?" (Y/n) was asking as Blaise finally joined the four. Lorenzo and Theodore were getting off the dance floor at the end of the song.

"The goldish one is Gigglewater," Blaise began.

"So, champagne?" (Y/n) raised an eyebrow. She received many odd looks in reply. "'Gigglewater' is a term Muggles use for champagne... Quite outdated, but still..."

"Well, it must be equivalent, then," Blaise said. "You'll feel, you know, giggly with that one."

"Dang, that strong of a drink?" (Y/n) murmured. They all blinked. "Why do you keep looking at me like that? You usually aren't supposed to get drunk off of one drink..."

"Is that it?" Lorenzo murmured.

"I do not know," (Y/n) shrugged. "I cannot legally drink Muggle drinks to compare..."

"Emphasis on 'legally,'" Pansy said with a wink. "Get some 'champagne' over winter break and let us know," she said with air quotes as though doubting the existence of champagne.

"I choose life, thanks."

"Anyways," Blaise grinned. "The clear one is Gillywater."

"Like Gillyweed?"

"Yeah, it's what it's brewed from," Blaise confirmed. "The red drink Theo has is Elf-made wine," he finished, pointing at the last of the drinks on the table. He then pointed over to where there were several phials of liquid. "And those are Euphoria Elixirs."

"What is the rest?" (Y/n) asked. The Slytherins exchanged glances.

"Uh, don't worry about it," Lorenzo said.

"Fine, I will ask someone else," (Y/n) said heatedly.

"Fine, jeez," Mattheo huffed. "That one's ground Alihotsy." He pointed to a small container.

"Alihotsy?" (Y/n) blinked. Mattheo mimed the gesture of smoking. "Nicotine?"

"A little higher."

"Oh... Oh!"

"And this is the, uh, Muggle equivalent," Mattheo said. They all looked highly uncomfortable.

"You guys smoke?" (Y/n) asked.

"No way. I like having pretty teeth," Pansy said. There were nods of agreement.

"Oh, good..." (Y/n) murmured. "I do not like the smell..."

"I hate to admit it, but the Weasleys have a good line of euphoria sweets..." Pansy admitted.

"Euphoria's nice every once in a while," Daphne shrugged at (Y/n)'s brief look of surprise. "Like a Cheer Charm or, as Pansy said, a sweet..."

"Well, no shame in times like these, I suppose..." (Y/n) murmured. "Almost every adult I know has picked up an extra few drinks on the weekend and I guess I do not blame them. Do you, like, stock up in Hogsmeade?"

"Drinks, yes. Plants, no. It's easier to grow plants here than it is to... ferment drinks, no? The house-elves are the ones that do the wine but the other drinks are bought in Hogsmeade," Theodore explained.

"Such a curious one," Daphne mused. (Y/n) shrugged, taking up a glass of gigglewater.

"There used to be someone around who could make special drinks, but he's graduated," Lorenzo informed. "And no one else has taken an interest in that sort of thing, I guess..."

"I will learn!" (Y/n) declared.

"You're graduating this year," Daphne reminded her. "We'll still need someone next year."

"I'll learn if we do it together," Theodore purred. Pansy elbowed him with a glare.

"The bores have departed," a boy commented as he passed.

"Oh, sweet!" Lorenzo said cheerfully. A moment later, the classical music was changed to what (Y/n) guessed to be a wizarding station or playlist.

"Wanna go dance?" Daphne grinned, holding her hand out for (Y/n). "Be a darling and hold her drink," she said, passing (Y/n)'s glass to the begrudging Theodore.

"Oh... Bye," (Y/n) said uncertainly, waving her fingers at the others as Daphne dragged her to the dancefloor by both of her hands.

"Enzo's slowly been adding Muggle songs to the party playlist, so you won't be completely clueless when it comes to songs of the night," Daphne said.

"What artists, I wonder?" (Y/n) smiled.

"I dunno... It changes each time." Daphne twirled (Y/n) in a circle. "Speaking of 'changing all the time,' the Aces' trials are almost up," she added with a keen glance around.

"What does that have to do with 'changing all the time'?"

"Well... You know, the moon's always changing its cycles— It made more sense in my head," Daphne said, defeated. (Y/n) snickered.

"I see the picture," (Y/n) assured.

"Always so patient with me," Daphne grinned, raising (Y/n)'s arm so that she could twirl around herself.

"How unusual that none of the others are dancing together," (Y/n) said.

"Enzo and Theo would probably be out here if Theo could get someone else to hold your drink," Daphne said, glancing towards the Slytherins, where Blaise, Pansy, and Mattheo were adamantly ignoring Theodore's attempts at bargaining. "Funnily enough, I think they'd be just fine holding your drink if you were the one asking."

"Oh, jeez, how high of a pedestal am I on?"

"Super high— Hey!"

"Sorry, Daph, song's over," Lorenzo said, sticking his tongue out at Daphne but not stopping his hurried strides in leading (Y/n) away and into the next song. "You know, I heard that they didn't filter dance cards out until the '70s— For our parties, I mean," he informed (Y/n), who rose an eyebrow.

"Yikes, I would hate having to stick to a schedule about who I have to dance with," (Y/n) huffed.

"Me too," Lorenzo agreed. "Especially considering the number of times you can dance would be limited, too."

"Do you like dancing, Enzo—? Am I allowed to call you that? Or is that reserved for close friends?" (Y/n) looked quite panicked as Lorenzo frowned.

"We are close friends," Lorenzo said simply. "A little trip in the road won't change that. I don't know why you keep doubting that fact." (Y/n) averted her eyes. She did have to admit the Slytherins were the only ones (besides Luna) who hadn't commented about her sudden choice to attend House parties. If she could remember much about them, she would have guessed they felt no need to walk on eggshells as (Y/n) was still (Y/n) to them, with or without her memory.

"Close friends... I am glad to hear it," (Y/n) beamed. Lorenzo returned the smile with a grin of his own.

"It's so funny to me that one second you are like a baby deer walking for the first time and then the next, you're the same wise woman you always are."

"It's crazy how even the smallest bit of information can go a long way, no?" (Y/n) mused. "I suppose I will be receiving a dance with all of you?" she grinned at Blaise, who approached with the end of the song. Lorenzo pursed his lips.

"If you'd accept, that is," Blaise said, taking the lead in a slow dance.

"I have missed you at the dinner parties these past couple of weeks," (Y/n) said. "I find myself quite lonely considering Hermione is always being swept away by Cormac, Harry and Ginny will not go the dinners anymore, and now you, too, are gone."

"Why do you still go?"

"I was told it is rude to decline a dinner invite," (Y/n) said simply. "Besides, who would I be if I passed up an opportunity to dress up?" Blaise snickered. "Speaking of dressing up, do wizards dress up for Halloween?"

"Not really," Blaise answered. "Hallowe'en's not even celebrated outside of Hogwarts in the wizarding world... At least my mum doesn't celebrate it. Maybe it's different for other families."

"Ah. So you are not dressing up?" (Y/n) asked. Blaise shrugged.

"Might wear an accessory," Blaise said.

"I will take what I can get!" (Y/n) said cheerfully. Blaise's lips turned up into a ghost of a smile. The two exited the dance floor together and Theodore brought (Y/n) the drink she hadn't even got a sip of. She took a seat on the edge of the couch, watching Pansy and Daphne walk onto the dance floor together. She glanced around cautiously before shifting her gaze onto the boys. "It is nice how... normal you guys treat me."

"Hm?" Mattheo rose an eyebrow.

"I dunno... Sometimes, it feels like the people I am especially close to because of family are walking on eggshells with me," (Y/n) said, her eyes shifting over to the windows that gave them a look into what lay under the Black Lake. "It is like they are not accepting of the fact my memory of them is gone and, as a result, they are holding me at arms-length or something. Maybe I am looking too into it, but I can't help but feel like I am always disappointing someone just by... living differently or something. Adding onto that, they act like the smallest bit of sad news or even a being struck by a spell is going to, like, kill me or something."

"For what it's worth, you don't feel any different to me," Lorenzo said.

"Mhm. Memory or not, you're still (Y/n)," Mattheo agreed. "Sure, a few months ago, you wouldn't step foot near a party and you probably wouldn't rebel against Dumbledore as much as you are now, but I think that side of you was always there somewhere."

"If anything, I gotta say that I like you're being more assertive and open," Blaise added. The girl's lips turned up into a smile.

"But I do see where they're coming from," Theodore admitted. "I don't want to lose you again either. From what Merula said, it sounds like your memory is somewhere in there anyway, so I guess we're just seeing it as it is: Eventually, you'll fully remember us."

"You guys know Merula?" (Y/n) blinked. She had re-met the woman through Tonks and Penny and learned that Merula had been quite an active role in her and Cassius's life.

"Yeah. Through Pucey and Warrington," Blaise confirmed. (Y/n) nodded, finishing the last of her drink.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

29K 1K 19
πΈπ“π“Žπ“ˆπ’Ύπ’Άπ“ƒ - 𝒢𝒹𝒿𝑒𝒸𝓉𝒾𝓋𝑒 𝓇𝑒𝓁𝒢𝓉𝒾𝓃𝑔 π“‰π‘œ π‘œπ“‡ π’Έπ’½π’Άπ“‡π’Άπ’Έπ“‰π‘’π“‡π’Ύπ“ˆπ“‰π’Ύπ’Έ π‘œπ’» 𝒽𝑒𝒢𝓋𝑒𝓃 π‘œπ“‡ π“…π’Άπ“‡π’Άπ’Ήπ’Ύπ“ˆπ‘’ "π’Ÿπ’Άπ“‡π“π’Ύπ“ƒπ‘”...
100K 5K 56
In which a Ravenclaw gets mixed up with the wrong (and right) people. Book One of the Party Police Series Pre-Harry-Potter-Series & Philosopher's Sto...
1K 42 13
Where a group of slytherins become friends with a girl of many secrets Or When an optimistic girl meets a group of cruel slytherins which she cares a...
80.6K 4.8K 71
In which a hopeless romantic of a Ravenclaw sits back and watches relationships form and break through the eyes of others. Book Two of the Party Poli...