𝐀𝐂𝐂𝐈𝐃𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐋 √𝐀𝐋𝐇�...

By gaIacticsouls

➞IN WHICH [Y/N] receives a text from an unknown number about an assignment due - though she clearly has none... More

001 // ASSIGNMENT
002 // BLOND
003 // NAME
004 // BOOM
005 // PLANS
006 // ROOMMATES
007 // FRIDAY NIGHT FIGHT NIGHT
008 // AFTERMATH
009 // SECRET
010 // INCOMING -
011 // DAY 1
012 // DAY 2
013 // DAY 3
014 // DAY 4
015 // DAY 5
15.1 // CONFRONT
16 // DAY 6
16.1 // ACKNOWLEDGE
17 // DAY 7
018 // DAY 8
18.1 // HERE YOU GO
019 // DAY 9
19.1 // SERIOUSLY?
019.2 // EPHEMERAL
020.1 // STEP ONE
020.2 // STANDSTILL
020.3 // CHILDE, SO HELP ME ARCHONS!
021 // DAY 11
021.1 // DILEMMA
022 // DAY 12
022.1 // GET HIM GOOD !!
022.2 // CARE TO EXCHANGE NOTES?
023 // DAY 13
023.1 // - OVERCOME
024 // DAY 14
024.1 // VILLAIN ERA
024.2 // TASTE TEST
024.3 // BONFIRES ARENT MEANT FOR SACRIFICES
024.4 // MINE
025 // HOW TO REACH THROUGH A PHONE?
026 // SKIRTS CAN BE MANLY TOO
026.1 // MOTHER DILUC
027 // D A T E not "date"
AUTHOR' S NOTE
028 // SCHOOL IS IN SESSION
029 // STATUS UNKNOWN
030 // YOU'RE A MALE LEAD
031 // THIS IS ...
032 // DILUC HATERS ONLY
032.5 // birthday boy
033 // THE REASON...?
034 // KISS KISS FALL IN LOVE

020 // DAY 10

7.4K 384 497
By gaIacticsouls

MON DEC XX 11:50 A.M.

ME

We didn't exchange gloves

delivered 8:24 A.M.

Are you still asleep??? Loser we didn't stay out THAT late

delivered 9:01 A.M.

I think Mona is gonna try to get me to be in your car again LMAO

delivered 9:42 A.M.

ALHAITHAM?????

ARE YOU ALIVE????

delivered 11:12 A.M.

wtf where are you, why is Kaveh getting in Cyno's car

Are you okay?

delivered 11:50 A.M.

Did last night really affect him that much? Well, I guess anyone would be shaken up after that. Even if someone only distracted them for a bit afterward.

"Whatcha looking at?" Mona casually appeared in your sight, your hands tossing your cellular device into the air at her sudden entrance.

She caught the phone in time, her eyebrow raising at how you failed to notice her earlier. "You just now noticed me? I've been beside you for three minutes."

"I was just lost in thought."

"About?"

"Nothing important."

"Is it Alhaitham?"

You snatched her wrist, dragging the astrology nerd away from Layla. She attempted to call for help to the sleepy girl, but Layla shrugged her shoulders at what was going on. It wasn't like Mona was going to be stuffed into a bag and be taken away. It was just simply friends needing to talk in private. She had a bit of an idea what it was going to be, especially at how you jumped at the mention of Alhaitham's name.

She knew Mona would be able to do the bargaining like she always does. Besides, it would be too much work for her to try to engage in that particular conversation. She didn't feel like dealing with your stubbornness today.

It was quite noticeable by the two how you were looking for a certain someone when everyone went to their cars to go out for lunch. As well as the smile that faded off your face when you saw Kaveh get into someone else's car. With no Alhaitham in sight.

"Mona I love you but you talk too much."

"It was only just Layla around."

"Someone could've been eavesdropping!"

"What are you trying to say?"

Holding back your answer until you were out of everyone else's earshot, you stopped in your tracks, Mona nearly running into you.

"I want to go back to the houses."

"So you are worried about Alhaitham. Tighnari said he was sick. Though I didn't hear any sick noises coming from his room this morning."

He isn't sick. "It isn't like him to stay behind."

"Since when have you started caring for him? I thought you told me he was annoying when we shared rooms when our power was out?"

"Mona."

"(Y/N)."

You groaned, grabbing the sides of your head and dragging your hands down your face. "Please just take me back to the houses."

"Why should I?"

Are you kidding me?  You narrowed your eyes at your best friend, wishing that you could burn holes through her with her persistence. "If you don't take me back then I'm walking back."

"But it's supposed to rain later on. What if he doesn't let you in?"

"Then I'll just steal your key."

"Layla has them."

You shoved three fingers in Mona's face who took a step back, tilting her head at invading her bubble. "I'm proposing three choices. One, you can drive me back. Two, I can drive myself back and you can get a ride with Amber. Or three, I'm walking back to the houses with or without you."

Mona sighed, covering her left eye with her hand. "You're so stubborn at times."

"You're one to talk." You crossed your arms over your chest, recalling back how often she teases you about Alhaitham or being so persistent about the stars aligning for the two of you. "Are you going to give me your key? I know it's on you."

"On one condition."

"Oh come on!"

Mona dug into her purse, pulling out a small metal object and waving it in front of your face. "Don't just barge in there. I can give you his number, but I doubt he'll respond."

A few sweatdrops ran down your face, a nervous laugh escaping your lips. "We exchanged numbers at the festival last night in case one of us got lost. Since no one else joined us last night." I can't let her find out how the two of us actually got each other's numbers. I wouldn't hear the end of it for my life.

Mona let out a happy squeal, clapping her hands together while still holding onto the key. "I guess you don't need my help anymore then, right?"

You should be thanking Kaveh for the two of us having each other's numbers for a while now. If it wasn't for him, Alhaitham and I would still be strangers.

"Can you just give me the key?"

"Who said I was just going to give it to you and let you walk there? I may be a bit excessive at times, but I'm not gonna let my best friend walk and get drenched by the approaching rain."

A sigh of relief let your lips at Mona choosing the first option. You really didn't feel like getting soaked by the rain and then waiting outside their house for who knows how long. "You'll keep everyone out for as long as possible, right?"

"You have three hours. I can't promise anymore. Tighnari wants to go meet with Albedo today, and Amber wants to introduce us to Jean." Mona walked past you, trailing behind your best friend to her car. Digging into the small bag you carried with you, your hands touched the soft fabric, a wave of relief washing over you. Good, I didn't forget them.

"But you can promise three hours?"

"I'm sure Tighnari and Albedo are going to be talking about their majors. You know, science things."

"Says the one majoring in astronomy."

"Oh cut it, you business major."

"At least I can manage my money properly. Maybe I should give you and Kaveh some lessons."

Mona ignored your last comment, putting her hand up and putting her thumb against her fingers, opening and closing it furiously to mimic your lecturing.

From afar, you had some spectators watching the two of you walk away.

Cyno coughed, catching Kaveh's and Layla's attention. "So what's going on?"

"It's just what the stars are asking."

"Layla we don't know what you mean."

"The stars must have planet."

Layla and Kaveh slowly turned to look at Cyno who had an amused smile on his face. "You know, planet. Like as in–"

Kaveh groaned, cutting off Cyno. "If Alhaitham heard your hour long comedy session, he would've cut you off five minutes into it."

"He's just jealous because I was the true star of the night. He would have been starring up trouble had he done that."

"Cyno, please." Tighnari pitched in his comment from a few feet away, a deadpan expression printed on his face. Collei had a sheepish smile on her face, trying to comfort Tighnari who had the lovely first-row seat of the comedy session the other night.

Layla lazily looked over to see her two friends walk away, nodding subtly to herself. Best of luck (Y/N).

×

"Thanks, Mona! Don't forget our deal!" You waved to Mona who started to drive off, shaking her head.

Inhaling a deep breath and clenching the small metal object in your hand, an anvil of anxiety placed itself upon your head. I wonder how long it's going to take for him to let me in.

Approaching the house Alhaitham was locked up in, each step up the stairs increased the shaking in your hands and your heartbeat. At least each house has a small porch to shield anyone from the poor weather, but it wasn't enclosed. Meaning the winds from the cold weather and the rain would still get to you.

Bringing your fist up, you knocked on the door a few times.

Only silence greeted you.

You knocked a few more times, your heart pounding in your ears. You already knew he wasn't going to answer the door. He probably had his soundproof earphones on, meaning any use of making external noise was futile.

Ah, this is going to prove itself difficult. This key is going to be my last resort. As Mona said, if I barge in, it would be an invasion of privacy.

You pulled out your phone, unlocked it, and went to your messages with Alhaitham. You were going to make him answer one way or another, and you weren't going to give it up.

ME

Okay punk, get your headphones off.

I don't like how you're not answering me

It's concerning.

delivered 1:13 P.M.

Hitting the call button beside his name, you put it on speaker phone, hearing the rings go through until it hit an automated voice messaging system. Why am I doing this? I'm not his girlfriend or someone special to him.

But just seeing his face after last night... I don't know why, but I didn't like it.

Ah, I like Alhaitham.

"The number you are calling has a voice mailbox that has not been set up yet. Goodbye."

"What kind of person doesn't have a voicemail set up?! What if your mom or friend has a really important message, then what?" You muttered to yourself, going back to your messages once more.

Your eyes lit up at seeing the cold delivered messages change to seen.

ME

Wait

Don't ignore me

Are you really sick?

rude snarky man 🤌

Yes

ME

I don't believe that

rude snarky man 🤌

But I am. That's all.

ME

Don't lie to me

rude snarky man 🤌

You're not my guardian.

ME

But I'm your friend

rude snarky man 🤌

...

ME

We can get back to that topic later

But you're not going to ignore me

It's not like you to do that

rude snarky man 🤌

What else do you expect from a sick person?

ME

Mona said she didn't hear any coughs or sneezes from your room.

rude snarky man 🤌

Tsk.

ME

????

rude snarky man 🤌

Is that all you wanted to text me about?

ME

No

rude snarky man 🤌

You'll be wasting your time.

ME

The cold shoulder won't work on me

Remember what I said? I can text you from different numbers with different texting apps. Pushing me away is futile.

rude snarky man 🤌

Is there a reason you care so much?

ME

As someone who cares for their friends and wants to make sure they're okay

Yes

rude snarky man 🤌

Okay, well. I'm sick. I don't want to get you sick.

A staccato drop of rain on the porch roof made you look up, a few more staccato beats following. A few passing seconds of the light, blissful rain turned into a marching beat of marcato raindrops, a sigh leaving your lips.

ME

I don't think that's unavoidable.

rude snarky man 🤌

?

ME

Nothing.

Did last night really bug you that much?

rude snarky man 🤌

I don't know what you're talking about.

ME

Please don't avoid the question.

You don't have to talk about that girl.

Just answer that one question I asked.

rude snarky man 🤌

Why?

ME

Alhaitham. Your ahoge looks really pullable right now.

rude snarky man 🤌

For someone trying to comfort a friend, you're doing a poor job.

ME

You're changing topics.

rude snarky man 🤌

Okay and?

ME

Alhaitham pls

I don't want my ass to freeze off for nothing

rude snarky man 🤌

Maybe you shouldn't have gone out

ME

Man

You're really living up to your contact name.

rude snarky man 🤌

Thanks for the compliment.

You're living up to yours as well.

ME

Okay dad.

Can you at least answer my question?

rude snarky man 🤌

Will you leave me alone?

ME

No

Friends don't leave each other alone if they know something is eating them alive.

It's better to have a lending shoulder than to suffer alone.

rude snarky man 🤌

Didn't you just say I don't have to talk about it?

ME

It's a yes or no

Please Alhaitham.

rude snarky man 🤌

I feel like this is an invasion of my privacy.

ME

Okay fine, you win.

We don't have to talk about that.

But you're not going to just ignore me.

rude snarky man 🤌

Ok.

ME

*inhales*

rude snarky man 🤌

*exhales*

ME

We are not roleplaying

rude snarky man 🤌

You were the one that initiated it.

ME

Please we aren't in middle school

rude snarky man 🤌

It's okay if you do like roleplaying.

I won't tell a soul

ME

I can sense a smirk on your face from the text message.

rude snarky man 🤌

Creepy.

ME

WHAT???

rude snarky man 🤌

You saw what I sent.

ME

:(

rude snarky man 🤌

Are you spying on me through my window now?

ME

Yes because I totally have a secret camera in your room.

rude snarky man 🤌

That's extremely creepy. An invasion of privacy for one.

ME

IT'S A JOKE

I DON'T

rude snarky man 🤌

But you know where my room is.

ME

ONLY BECAUSE YOU TOLD ME WHEN YOU NEEDED EXTRA PILLOWS THE OTHER NIGHT?

rude snarky man 🤌

I knew letting you up there was a bad idea.

ME

You make me frustrated

rude snarky man 🤌

I'm glad the feeling is mutual.

ME

Did you get any sleep?

rude snarky man 🤌

Invasion of privacy.

ME

I didn't really get good sleep.

Doesn't help that I'm out here in the cold.

rude snarky man 🤌

Cool.

Then go back to the house?

ME

Funny.

rude snarky man 🤌

What's funny?

ME

Your soundproof headphones.

I want to take them away. They're my biggest enemy right now.

rude snarky man 🤌

They are nice. But please don't take them away.

Though it doesn't cancel out being able to feel things.

ME

I would've called you a dozen more times until you answered me

rude snarky man 🤌

You're very determined on making sure I respond to you.

ME

Yes, because someone didn't want to come out with us today.

rude snarky man 🤌

It's just one missed adventure.

ME

Seeing Kaveh not get in your car had me concerned

rude snarky man 🤌

Did you talk with him?

ME

Yeah, he asked me if I did anything weird to you last night.

You didn't respond to his texts all night he said.

And you didn't respond to mine this morning.

rude snarky man 🤌

Oh, so you're both worried about me.

ME

Yes because even though he may be a little shit at times, he still has a heart.

Just like you do.

rude snarky man 🤌

Kaveh is a mysterious person.

ME

And so are you.

STOP DONT SAY THOSE THREE WORDS

rude snarky man 🤌

It's like you read my mind.

The cold wind blew past you, carrying small shreds of rain in it. Goosebumps formed on your arms underneath your jacket, bringing the collar closer to your nose.

ME

Would you mind letting me in?

rude snarky man 🤌

What do you mean?

ME

I'm out here freezing my ass off.

rude snarky man 🤌

Where's your key?

ME

...

rude snarky man 🤌

?

ME

I lost it

That was a lie. For Mona to give you her key, she took your key in exchange.

rude snarky man 🤌

So you run into things, manage to fall into an obvious trap, and now you're losing things?

ME

Alhaitham please don't lecture me

rude snarky man 🤌

Sorry, what was that?

ME

You make my bones rage in anger.

It's raining, the wind is cold and this jacket isn't a windproof jacket.

rude snarky man 🤌

Then get Nilou to let you into the house?

ME

I don't think you've grasped this situation.

And here I'm thinking I was slow

Well, maybe for a few things but I'm certain now

rude snarky man 🤌

What are you going on about?

ME

It's nothing.

rude snarky man 🤌

Is it really nothing?

ME

Invasion of privacy

rude snarky man 🤌

Nice, turning the tables like that.

ME

Yeah, it's not fun when someone uses your own words against you.

rude snarky man 🤌

You're quite hilarious

ME

I'm glad you think my suffering is hilarious

rude snarky man 🤌

?

ME

I'm going to ask one more time nicely

Can you let me in?

rude snarky man 🤌

Are you going to bug me about last night?

ME

No, if it really makes you that uncomfortable, I will not bring up that topic anymore.

But we forgot to exchange gloves

rude snarky man 🤌

Pffft

Is that the only reason you want to be let in? You can just leave the gloves outside.

ME

It's cold out here

Please

rude snarky man 🤌

Go take shelter in one of their cars. Or wear those gloves.

ME

The only car I see is yours. But it's locked.

The blinking red light on the dash means it is locked

And no, these gloves are too big for my hands. And I want the gloves that you didn't give me.

rude snarky man 🤌

Please don't hide in my car.

ME

Then please let me in

rude snarky man 🤌

Wait, are you outside the house right now?

ME

Hmm

rude snarky man 🤌

Don't avoid the question.

ME

you should take your own advice

rude snarky man 🤌

God you're so infuriating and persistent.

ME

Thanks Captain Obvious

Do you want to use your observation skills to figure out why I'm asking to be let in?

rude snarky man 🤌

Quite frankly no.

ME

I'm going to let myself in if you don't. And I'm not gonna be happy if I have to.

rude snarky man 🤌

Wow, I'm so scared of your threat.

And how would you do that?

Wait, what are you doing?

Wait, wait, hold on. I'm coming downstairs. Don't break anything.

delivered 2:59 P.M.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

131K 5K 28
❝ 𝐢𝐭'𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐨𝐢𝐝 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 사랑 촌스런 그 감정 근데 내 가슴이 뛰어 왜 나 이래 나 ? ❞ ⎯ alhaitham x f!reader ⎯ college au , chat fic / text fic , en...
132K 4.2K 27
"Promise me that you will only get your key." "I'll try, it's not my fault if the three keys gets mixed up." ∘₊✧──────✧₊∘ Alhaitham x Reader/OC 🪷 RE...
190K 7.8K 22
◦•●◉✿ 𝐀 𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐯𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐘/𝐍 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐀𝐥𝐡𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐦 - 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐞𝐧𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐯�...
117K 4.1K 20
COMPLETED ♡ miya atsumu x fem! reader UNI AU ↳ a short fic in which a schoolmate who is not on his phone much suddenly becomes great at texting...