Reincarnator's guide in this...

By Gilthur

In the 14 years of his life, Ahn Dal-Eun never think of his extraordinary circumstances until he found himsel... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27

Chapter 7

929 73 18
By Gilthur

Chapter 7: An unknown stranger

     It was a complete coincidence that Kim Hyungsung encountered Ahn Dal-Eun. They were on their way to 'coincidentally' finding a place to establish their survival camp when their group encountered Dal-Eun.

It was a surprise for Kim Hyungsung to find Dal-Eul. A boy who was around 10-12 years old defended himself against those monsters. His grip on his sword was still tight even though his body has clear traces of exhaustion. Soaked with blood, with monsters that could kill the child at any moment. Kim Hyungsung took action to save the child from those monsters.

" ..Will you betray us too? "

It was cruel for the child to experience and witness the ugliness of humanity that has to offer.

Since he already saves other people, he would save the child too.

" No, I promise that we wouldn't betray you. "

With the gentlest smile that he could offer, he told a lie that he wouldn't certain he would be able to fulfill. He would try but he wasn't certain if the people who would be in his future with him could maintain that promise.

-----

While Kim Hyungsung was greeted by Lee Jihye enthusiastically, he gave a glance to Dal-Eun who was holding the leather pouches and bag of bread that the child found together with Lee Jihye.

When Kim Hyungsung found the child also staring at him, he directed the child with a warm smile.

A hesitant smile was returned to him before the child averted his gaze. Seeing the interaction, Lee Jihye interrupted.

" Hyungsung-Oppa, I'm glad that you came for us.. but it was disappointing that this wouldn't be a surprise for you and the other people. "

" Your lives and safety are more important than a surprise... "

A gentle smile was then directed at Lee Jihye and Ahn Dal-Eun.

" I still appreciate the help and your thoughtfulness... Jihye-ssi, Dal-Eun... Thank you. "

Jihye and Dal-Eun both stared at Hyungsung in a daze.

They were both momentarily blinded and feel the heat creeping up on their faces before they calmed down.

Dal-Eun was already crying inside his mind.

'Fuck.. so handsome. I'm so jealous.'

But it was to be expected. Like the Sub protagonist of ORV Yoo Jooyuk, he was also handsome.

Yoo Joohyuk. Regressor

Kim Hyungsung. Regressor

Both are unfairly handsome.

Those two Bastards.

But he was being a little unfair towards Kim Hyungsung.

Yoo Joohyuk was indeed a cold bastard.

But Hyungsung was kind and had fairly good intentions.

He then learned the power of 'friendship' with Lee Kiyoung and the others.

Then something, something Lee Kiyoung happened and it derailed.

" I am glad that you are awake Dal-Eun. It is nice to properly meet you. "

Dal-Eun bowed his head and replied.

" It is also nice to meet you Hyungsung-Hyung. "

Seeing Dal-Eun holding a lot of leather pouches in his hand, Hyunsung offered his assistance.

" Do you want me to help you? "

Dal-Eun nodded his head. Hyunsung then took some of the leather pouches from Dal-Eun to lighten his load. Then he also took some from Jihye.

On their way back to the camp, Dal-Eun then asked curiously.

" Hyungsung-Hyung, is it fine if Dal-Eun would just calls you Hyung? Hyungsung-Hyung is quite a mouthful and saying two Hyung... It doesn't flow easily on Dal-Eun's tongue. Hyung can be both Dal-Eun's way of saying Dal-Eun's nickname and addressing his honorifics for Hyung. "

Hyungsung smiled again.

" Being called Hyung is okay. "

" Thank you, Hyung. "

When they returned to the camp, most of the people are already asleep. The only people who weren't asleep were the people assigned as guards on the lookout for monsters. Thankfully, the guards reported that the camp is safe and they didn't see or encounter any monster nearby the camp.

When Lee Jihye left to go to the women's section and sleep off the night, Hyungsung and Dal-Eun then when to the man's section.

" Hyung is it alright if Dal-Eun stayed in the tent that he woke up earlier to be used for sleep? "

Hyungsung frowned. The tent was specifically used for people with injuries or illnesses.

" Dal-Eun only needs it tonight and tomorrow morning. Is it okay? It's fine if it isn't. "

" Hmmm... Since there are other makeshift tents used as a clinic of sorts, alright. "

Finally, Dal-Eun is relieved.

He was relieved that he wouldn't sleep in a cot like the other people tonight. He wouldn't encounter and need to meet Lee Kiyoung.

" Thank you. "

Before Dal-Eun went to the tent, Hyunsung asked.

" Tomorrow, I would like to announce to everyone your and Lee Jihye's contribution to helping us with the supply and the weapons. Lee Jihye would be there too. "

Dal-Eun froze. After a while, he answered.

" Dal-Eun doesn't like attention. Can Dal-Eun not go and have his name mentioned? It's fine if Jihye-nim is the only one who would go. "

" Okay, I understand. "

" Dal-Eun apologizes, Hyung. He wasn't comfortable with other people. "

Hyunsung patted Dal-Eun's shoulder and sent a small smile. The latter returned it before making his way to the makeshift tent.

" Good night, Hyung. Have a peaceful dream. "

" You too. "

When Dal-Eun entered his temporary sleeping quarters, he sighed.

He felt a little guilty about Kim Hyungsung.

' It's for the sake of not meeting Lee Kiyoung. '

If he could, he would lengthen the possibility of not meeting the manipulative protagonist.

Lee Kiyoung is one of his favorite protagonists.

Favorite... When it was just a story and fantasy.

Now, that it became a reality.

It was like a nightmare that came to life.

He doesn't want to be dragged into Lee Kiyoung's spider web of lies and manipulation.

He was afraid that once he encounter that guy, he would suffer from mental health degradation until he descend on the path of no return.

He would prolong not meeting him as long as possible.

The next day in the morning, Lee Kiyoung officially met Lee Jihye as Kim Hyungsung thanked her for her efforts in procuring supplies in front of the other people.

Lee Jihye was standing on the wooden platform with a sweet smile on her face.

" If it wasn't for my Dongsaeng I wouldn't be able to procure the supplies and weapons. "

[ Name: Lee Jihye
Age: 29
Tendency: Egoistical Ambitionist
Class: Classless
Title: None

< Stats & Talent >

[ Strength: 06/Potential growth: common]
[ Agility: 10/Potential growth: common]
[ Stamina: 10/Potential growth: common]
[ Intelligence: 19/Potential growth: rare or higher]
[ Endurance: 09/Potential growth: common]
[ Luck: 13/Potential growth: Rare]
[ Mana: 01/Potential growth: common ]

[Overview: Congratulations, player Lee Kiyoung. You have finally found your soulmate. The two of you may be the perfect match for each other. Low stats, low potential. Trying to wield a sword or wand is not recommended. Yet, what a little surprise that she was a little bit better than you by a dot. It's better than having 1 mana than nothing compared to player Lee Kiyoung. Alternatively, it might be a different story if, captivated by each other’s lousy talents, the two of you choose to live out the rest of your lives together quietly. But I don’t want the two of you to get together. I would feel sorry for the 2nd generation born from your union.]

'Trash'

As the people cheered for Lee Jihye, Lee Kiyoung clicked his tongue.

' What soulmate? Who the fuck comes up with these overall ratings? '

Still, amidst the cheering of the crowd Lee Kiyoung started to be cautious with interacting with Lee Jihye. Her tendency was after all a Egoistical Ambitionist.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

107K 6.4K 11
Reincarnated from a Common Human from Earth to the child of the Demon King, Zenzur, bear the fate of his brethren in his shoulder the moment of his a...
8.9K 1.7K 44
| Featured on @anime reading list under - light novels (July,2022) | | Featured on @teenfiction reading list under - supernatural (May,2023) | ______...
15K 517 14
[BOOK 1] He was born with a lot of hatred, inculpatory and detested. He was showered with love and care after meeting the one he loved the most. How...
1.3K 217 25
[ π–πšπ­π­π²π¬ 𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟐 𝐒𝐑𝐨𝐫𝐭π₯𝐒𝐬𝐭 ] He's damaged. He's lost. And worse of all, his memories have come to life. If he wants to find peace, he...