Love you til' forever | Toph...

By GrumpyCatttx

Hello!! This is my first story, so ill do my best. ❗️Also i will only write some fluff. I WILL NOT write... More

Y/n's story + info!!
Another Member?
Return to Omashu
The Swamp
The Blind Bandit
The Chase (Part 1)
The Chase (Part 2)
I'm back !! 😭😭
Bitter Work
Trust

The Cave of Two Lovers

407 9 4
By GrumpyCatttx

It was a bright, sunny day and it's really hot, So we thought that maybe we could go for a swim in the river near our camp. Aang and Katara were practicing a new form that Katara learned last night, and Sokka was just..I don't know even know what he's doing, I think he's trying to know how long he'll have to hold his breath underwater, or something.

While I was floating and sleeping peacefully, Momo jumped and landed on my stomach making me lose balance and almost drowned.

Sokka saw me and kept laughing. He is SO annoying, no wonder why him and Katara fight so much. I haven't met a person that's this annoying, have you?

Anyways, as a revenge for laughing at me. I made an enormous wave and splashed it in to his direction. This startled him, making him fall into the water from the leaf he was floating on. He got so angry! You should've seen his face, It was hilarious. He kept making all these angry noises that I don't even understand.

"Ha ha. Very funny. Now, the water got up my nose." He said with a straight face.

...

" You guys are gonna be done soon, right? We've got a lot of ground to cover if we want to make it to Omashu today." Sokka said, interrupting Katara and Aang."What, like you're ready to go right now, naked guy?" Katara scoffed." I could be ready in two minutes. Seriously. Whenever." He said.

"So..you were showing me the octopus form." Aang said. "Right, let me see your stance." Aang did his stance but his arms we're a little far away. So, Katara walked towards Aang, and went behind him to try and fix his stance. "Your arms are too far apart. See if you move them closer together, you protect your center. You got it?" She smiled. "Oh. Yeah. Thanks." He blushed.

I saw them, and thought they we're cute together. Aang saw me smiling, and he tried to say "It's not what It looks like." Without saying it out loud. "Okay, let's see what you got."Aang started to lift the water and made it look like tentacles, Katara then struck Aang with icy spikes but  Aang managed to grab it in time and threw it away. After some practicing Aang got better with this Octopus form. "You make a fine octopus, pupil Aang." "Thanks, but this form reminds me of Y/n last night." He said, as he puts his hands on his hips.
"Well, it's because this form was inspired from Y/n's form, Aang." She responded, glancing at Y/n.

We heard someone singing and playing music, so we all looked at the forest, seeing 3 nomads walking. And one of them was carrying a Dramyin.
"Hey-Hey! River people." The guy stated. "We're not river people." I said, crossing my arms."You're not? Then what kind of people are you?" He asked, confused. "Just..people." Aang shrugged. "Well, aren't we all, brother?" The man chuckled.

Sokka went closer and started pointing at them."Who are you?" He asked. "I'm Chong. And this is my wife Lily. We're nomads. Happy to go wherever the wind takes us." He said, starting to sing gibberish."You guys are nomads? That's great! I'm a nomad!" He brightened. Aang seemed happy to meet someone like him."Hey! Me too!" Chong said. "I know...you just said that." Aang said, raising an eyebrow. "Oh...Nice underwear." Chong looked away and looked at Sokka.

...

These guys seem cool. They told stories about their adventures and how love keeps them together. Chong's wife Lily, just finished braided my hair and put some flowers on it. It was really pretty. She then did Katara's hair next."Hey, Sokka. You should hear some of these stories. These guys have been everywhere!" I grinned. "I'm not talking to you." Sokka crossed his arms. "You just did."

" Well, not everywhere, little lady, but where we haven't been, we've heard about through stories and songs." Chong said. "They said they'll take us to see a giant night crawler!" Aang smiled.  "On the way, there's a waterfall that creates a never-ending rainbow!" Moku said. Sokka facepalmed."Look, I hate to be the wet blanket here, but since Katara is busy, I guess it's up to me. We need to get to Omashu. No sidetracks, no worms, and definitely no RAINBOWS."

"Woah, sounds like someone's got a case of destination fever. You're worried to much about where you're going." Chong said, strumming. "You gotta focus less on the where and more on the going." Lily added.

"OH. MA..SHU!" Sokka yelled.

"Sokka's right. We need to find King Bumi, so Aang can learn Earthbending somewhere safe." Katara said, as she tells the girl who is braiding her to stop."Well, sounds like you're headed to Omashu." Sokka faced palmed after he said this."There's an old story about a secret pass...right through the mountains." Chong explained. "Is this real or a legend?" Katara asked.

"Oh it's a real legend. And it's as old as Earthbending itself." He then started strumming and sang a song. We started vibing to It, while Sokka just stood infront of us and rolling his eyes.  Chong forgot some of the lines but he kept going.
"I think we should just stick with flying. We've dealt with the fire nation before. We'll be fine."

"Yeah, thanks for the help, but Appa hates going underground.  And we need to do whatever makes Appa most comfortable." Aang grinned. As we flew, a few fire armies saw us. They started to shoot balls of fire at us. We started screaming and trying to avoid those fireballs.  After awhile we made it back safely. We changed our minds and went back to where the nomads are.

"Secret love cave. Let's go."

...

"How far are we from the tunnel?" Sokka asked.

"Actually, it's not just one tunnel. The lovers didn't want anyone to find out about their love, so they built a whole labyrinth."

"LABYRINTH?!" Sokka and I placed our hands at our heads yelling. "Why didn't you mention that before??" I threw my hands in the air. "I'm sure we'll figure it out." He smiled.

"We're doomed." I said. "All you need to do is trust in love, according to the curse." Lily said. Sokka stopped for a second and started yelling. "CURSE?!" After worrying about this curse we finally arrived. "Hey-hey! We're here!" Chong said, spreading his hands. Sokka walked towards Chong. "So what exactly is this curse?" Chong started strumming and explained."The curse says that only those that trust in love can make it through the caves. Otherwise, you'll be trap in them forever." "And DIE." Lily added. "Oh, yeah, and die." He started to put his hands on is chin, thinking about something. "Like I said. Doomed." I said, covering my face with my hands. "Don't worry Y/n, I'm sure we'll make it." Aang said, placing his hands on my shoulder."I hope."

"Hey! I just remembered the rest of that song." Chong said, as he started to strum.

"And dieeeeee" 🎶

"That's it! There's no way we're going through some cursed hole!" Sokka crossed his arms. "I hate to admit it, but im with Sokka." I said looking at him. "Look! Someone's making a big campfire!" Moku pointed at the smoke coming from a distance. "That's no campfire." Katara's eyes narrowed."It's fire nation. They're tracking us." Sokka said.

I looked at Aang and Katara, thinking that we might get throught the caves safely since....you know..

"All you need is to trust in love to get through these caves?" I asked Chong.
"That is correct." He replied. This is a great opportunity for the the two of them."I think we can make it." I said, giving Aang a thumbs up, which made him blush."Everyone into the hole." Sokka pointed at the dark and eerie cave.

As we get into the hole, tundra tanks arrived and shot their chains on top of the entrance, pulling them, and making the entrance collapse. Now we have no way out. After the entrance collapsed, Appa seems stressed out and scared.

"It's okay Appa. We'll be fine...I hope." Katara said, comforting Appa."WE will be fine. All we need is a plan. Chong, how long do those torches last?" Sokka asked, pointing at the torches that the nomads had. "Um, about two hours each."

"And we have 5 torches, so thats 10 hours." Lily grinned, lifting 2 torches."It doesn't work like that if they're all lit at the same time!" Sokka said, putting out the fire.

"Ohhh. Right."

Sokka went on top of Appa and trying to get paper where our things were. "I'm gonna make a map to keep track of exactly where we've been. Then we should be able to solve it like a maze and get through." He said, as we went forward. We continued walking, we'd always run to a dead end. This is like, the tenth dead end we've encountered! It's like these caves are just messing with our minds! "Sokka, this is the tenth dead end you've led us to." I said, worriedly. "This doesn't make any sense. We already came through this way." He said, as he kept looking at the map. "We don't need a map. We just need love. The little guy knows it." Chong pointed at Aang. "Yeahh, but I wouldn't mind a map also." Aang said, shrugging. Sokka kept pacing back and fourth, thinking of something. "There's something strange here...There's only one explanation: the tunnels are changing." He said, as the cave started to shake. "The tunnels?? They're changing...It must be the curse! I knew we shouldn't have come down here." Chong said, putting his hands on his head. "Right..if only we'd listen to you." Sokka said, looking at him.

"Wait! Everyone be quiet. Listen." As I said that the wailing noises started to sound louder. Momo sensed something and flew off Sokka's shoulder. Sokka pointed the torch in the direction where the sound came from. Then suddenly, a wolf bat flew in front of Sokka making him startled. But he managed to avoid it. "It's a giant flying thing with teeth!" Chong screamed, pointing at it.

"It's a wolf bat!" I yelled, while the bat flew towards me. I was startled and accidentally smacking it, making it fall to the ground, but it eventually got up and Sokka tried hitting it with the torch. As he missed and he accidentally dropped the torch into Appa's foot making Appa scared as he runs and bumps everything, making everything collapse. But Aang used wind to push us just in time before it completely collapsed. We got separated. Great, now im stuck with them. Sokka rushed to the pile of rocks, trying to dig it to get to the other side. "Yeah, It's no use. We're separated. But at least you have usss." He chuckled. Sokka started screaming and kept digging, until a few collapsed on Sokka. Making me laugh.

...

We continued to find a way out, while Chong and the others sang. Could this day get any worse?
"For crying out loud, can you PLEASE stop singing?!" He shouted.Chong and the others ignored him and kept singing. We kept walking and walking.. and encountered another dead end. Seriously, are we even going to get out of here??
"Oh, great! Your plans have led us to another dead end." Moku complained. "Well, at least he's thinking of ideas and trying to get us out of here, Moku." I glared at him, crossing my arms. "Woah-woah, wait a minute. We're thinking of ideas? 'cause I've had an idea for, like, an hour now." Chong blurted. "YES! We're ALL thinking of ideas!!" Sokka yelled, spreading his arms."Well, then listen to this. If love is the key of getting out of here. Then all we need to do is play a love song."Sokka and I face palms as he started to strum."Please get me out of here!" I groaned while I hit my head against the wall.

...

We continued walking(Yes. Again.), until we heard growling from the distance. We stopped and looked behind us, seeing numerous wolf bats coming towards us. Did they come here to attack and kill us? No. They avoided us. But why?

"Heyyy! You saved us, Sokka!" He cheered for him.
"No..I think they were trying to get away from something." I said, as I slowly walked backwards.
"From what?" He asked. Suddenly, the ground started to shake. Two badgermoles broke down the walls, they put up a wall in the middle to split us apart. The badgermole tried to stomp at me but I managed to avoid it. I crawled backwards as the badgermole came closer and closer to me. Until suddenly, I accidentally put my hand on the Dramyin making It create a sound. This made the badgermole stop...Thats It! They like music!

I picked up the Dramyin and started play music with it. I played a tune that I know back at home, and the badgermoles were mesmerized by it.
"Hey! Those things are music-lovers!" Chong said.
"GUYS, a little help here please!" I yelled. Chong and the others started to sing making the badgermoles fascinated by it.  After that we managed to tame the badgermoles, and they let us ride on their back. With the help of the badgermoles we made It to the exit safely.  As we crushed to the wall, Sokka waved to Katara and Aang. "Sokka! Y/n!" Katara yelled. "How did you guys get out?!" Sokka asked, putting his hands on his hips. "Just like the legend says, we let love lead the way." Aang replied, grinning."Really? We let huge ferocious beasts lead our way." I said as I waved goodbye to the badgermoles.

...

I pulled Aang from the others and decided to ask something."Sooo, how was it? I asked. "How was what?" He said, confused. "What I mean is..how was your little date?" I said, smiling. "Y/n!" He blushed as he put his hand on my face, trying to push me."Hey!..I was just asking." I pouted. Aang looked away for a second and scratched his neck."Well..I wouldn't call It a date though, but It was okay. Besides we learned that we didn't have to kiss to find our way through-"

"YOU GUYS TRIED TO KISS?" I cut him off."NO! I-" he blushed even more, hiding his face with his hands."But seriously, did you..?" I asked. "Yeah..I guess.." He said, still blushing and covering his face. He quickly ran after Moku, trying to escape mu questions. "So..are you guys gonna come to Omashu with us?" He talked to Moku and tried to change the subject.

"Nope."

"Okay. Thanks for everything, Moku."

We watched Chong and the others leave, and singing a song about love. This made Katara and Aang look at each other, blushing. THEY ARE SO CUTE  TOGETHER. You can't change my mind.

"The journey was long and annoying, but now you get to see what it's really about. The destination. I present to you, the Earth Kingdom City of O-" he stops as he saw the fire nation had already conquered Omashu. "Oh no.."

___________________________________

TO BE CONTINUEDDD

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.6K 861 25
Katara is becoming Queen of the Southern Water Tribe and needs to find a husband so her father puts on a challenge for the princesses hand. Things ha...
108K 1.2K 19
just some appreciation for a new favorite ship of mine. mainly just oneshots and short stories. tagged as mature (and 18+!) because of language, sexu...
4.2K 264 19
━━━━━━ ❝𝐍𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐈'𝐝 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐫𝐢𝐛𝐞.❞ 𝑩𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝟐 - 𝑩𝒐𝒐𝒌 𝟑 - ―𝙄𝙉 𝙒...
107K 2.6K 18
You are a Yuyan Archer, native to the Fire Nation. You are one of the only women skilled enough to be on this elite team. When Prince Zuko was banish...