Strings Attached ✨

By ferrars25

When two opposites collide with each other without having the knowledge of the consequences, chaos is inevita... More

1. The heir.
2. Her
3. The decided.
5. Tricks.
6. Close.
ANNOUNCEMENT:
7. One step closer.
update hehe 😅
8. Already here.
9. Day 1.
10. Cat and Mouse
11. Unforgivable
12. Mine
13. Not weak
14. Love is, but a part of you
15. Izhaar aur Inkaar
Character aesthetics
Playlist ✨
16. The Revelation
17. Ignorance is bliss. Really?
18. A needed heart to heart.
19....love him or love him not.
20. Fulfilling the last wish.
21. Wifey...?
22. Great Queens make Great Empires.
Important Announcement
23. A danger to the kingdom.
24. The Doors of Destiny
25. The Invitation
26. The Coronation
27. The Confrontation
28. Tough Decisions

4. History ...repeats ?

144 10 0
By ferrars25

Ruh~

The newly made announcement in the village from the royal family caused ruckus to say the least.

The soldiers stood in the middle of the bazaars and announced in a loud and clear voice -

" Their royal highness is searching for a caretaker to look after the pet animals of the royal ladies. This will include feeding , grooming and training the pets. A reasonable salary along with other basic amenities. Interested villagers can apply for the place at the palace. "

All of the young ladies were gushing, well not that you can blame them. Just seeing the prince everyday would be enough of a salary for them. His good looks are all over the place. Not that I'll judge anyone based on looks.

All and everyone were equally ready and would kill to have the place. Though I highly doubt that they even want to be near the animals. Let alone care for them.

Even the girls who stayed at least 5m away from the animals suddenly were loving animals so much. Not that anything matters.

I know for a fact I will never be able to do that even though I really would have. Jihan would get companions and I could include him along with the others to also take care of him at the same time. But mom will never agree.

Hell, she doesn't even want me to be anywhere farther than 10 metres away from the house. Caged Bird, but with relatively more space to move about.

The ladies looked like they'll murder each other to have the place if they have to.

" You won't try ? I thought you loved animals." ....geet asked.

" Yeah. My mom loves me more."

" Sad. I can say you really wanted to. Besides, you can't even guess how handsome his majesty is. " .....well, here we go again. The prince, the prince and the prince. I wonder if he is really what people tell him to be.

I just slightly rolled my eyes, not liking where the conversation was going. I escaped it as soon as sabeena called her.

I can say a full group of 'interested ladies' will be on their way to the palace by evening.

Agastya ~

" I can do anything. Anything, just anything for you,your majesty. Just don't ask me for things even though you know I can't. I will be realistic, but apart from that ...anything. Always in your service, this grateful will be. And even if it's impossible, I will try even though I know I cannot." .......the sentence was adorned with an extremely cringey smile at the end.

I internally cringed.

The new official was employed for my personal service. Mom insisted on having one. And here he is. For once, I was convinced that he would bring a star from the sky if I wanted it. I don't know how to reply to this. Guess I will just ignore it.

For the past half an hour he had been following me around like a total gum. He's sticking to me like his life depends on it. I badly wanted to be left alone but he wouldn't listen. He went on ranting about how he will put his life in danger if it meant he could be of some service to me.

I don't know where they employed this man from. I am not even the king yet. I really despise this unnecessary attention.

And this is not the end of it, there will be a huge ass crowd in the evening too. Mom and aunts needed caretakers for their pets because they were overflowing in the palace and it was apparently not possible for them to look after everyone.

His majesty was busy with much more important matters. So I was the one to verify and permit the employment. The royal stamp was only with two people. Dad and now me.

And it pains me to think how I will have to sit the whole evening just reviewing the eligible ones.

And now, Aksh, my new caretaker will also be sticking around all the damn while. As my time to take over the throne advances, I can feel peace slowly leaving me and stress taking over. I know how hard dad works now. I truly respect him so much more now.

" ......Ah and today the crowd will be from sikri. All the more reason to be present. The beauties in the kingdom reside there. "

Huh?

" What ? Sikri ? " ....which one was this? Dad had given me briefs and I'm totally doing good with my lessons. I Haven't heard of sikri though?

" Oh no! Shit. I mean- umm I was just blabbering. I don't even know what i said" ......he shut himself up immediately with a look of terror in his eyes. Interesting.

" So you're gonna make me ask ?" .....now I knew which voice I needed to use. Not the usual prince one, but the soon-to-be-king one.

" Umm. Rajkumar. You will not let his majesty know right? I will be executed if I tell you."

" You think you will be safe if you don't? " ....i deadpanned.

" I-. It's a long story. Perhaps, I don't have any other option. "

" Long ago, there was this small kingdom at the borders of the Empire. Your ancestors probably a century before, wanted it to be a part of this empire. Its enormous beauty, fertile lands and rich agriculture made it a star shining in the dark. It was an attractive addition to the huge Malik empire. But the king wouldn't buzz. As small as his kingdom was, he did everything in his power to keep it independent. He would spend all of his fortunes in the military just so he could protect his little kingdom from the huge Maliks. "

" But the harsh truth. How long could they resist? There was only so much they could do before eventually losing. And then , there was this cruel war. So cruel, that even after winning the kingdom it was not officially added to the Empire. It remained behind the jungles. The jungles were not cleared and it was not an official addition. But there was no one to pick the kingdom up and claim it. So for long, it stayed like that in the woods. The people found a means to grow their own livelihood and stood disconnected from the outside world. But for how long? They needed someone to lead them. The people approached the then king of the Malik Empire, but they were dismissed after sikri was declared as 'cursed'. They were left helpless in the middle. "

" It was not long ago. There lived a girl, she was all you would want a leader to be. The villagers remained highly impressed by her and one day they all mutually decided to make her the queen. Nothing on official terms but just a person to lead them. Rani Avantika. And her beauty was not to be spoken of. Fiercely beautiful and even more beautiful in her way of administration. And then the forbidden happened. "

" What ?" ...I was just too stunned to think about anything. Maybe this is made up ? Maybe I am being fooled ? But maybe I am not. How could such a part be hidden from me ? When was I supposed to know this?

" Love. Such a notorious thing that is. Never in our control. And what it makes of man. " He took a deep breath again before continuing.

" centuries from now. The Malik Empire was at its highest. In everything, agriculture to artillery. And then the Malik laid his eyes on Avantika. And the world came down and everything that mattered was her. He dug up the decade old history about the forbidden village, the bloodshed of war, the cruelty, the win and then just leaving the village helpless in the middle of nowhere and declaring it 'cursed'. He was never supposed to know anything. But .....guess it was decided by the almighty. He fell so deeply in love with her that he cared about nothing. The people stopped respecting their king. He forgot about the kingdom and the Empire and all he did was go behind Avantika. "

" Years of downfall followed, misery for the people of Malik empire. He continued fighting for love. Breaking all of the rules, all of the curse , he made Avantika the Queen and included 'the cursed kingdom' in the huge Empire. But before he could make it official in the papers, unfortunately, he died. But there was more reason for the people to stop resisting now. Their son was not old enough to take over the throne. For a brief period, there was no choice but for Avantika to rule. And her obvious ability to rule flawlessly made people aware of why their king was so desperate. "

" But still. The nobles won't let it happen. They won't let the kingdom be included in the official map. Avantika fought, but to no success. Her death followed and then their son took over. And it had been years. And till now, Sikri isn't included in the map. But the difference is, it is now accepted. It isn't the 'cursed' kingdom anymore. It's like an unofficial part of the kingdom lying in the dark. Their administration, funding and everything is looked after by the king. The only thing left to happen is the royal stamp upon the order to make sikri an official part and include it in the royal map. "

" Princes are never told the truth during their heir period. Though totally a myth but somewhere people still believe it to be cursed. The princes are let into the truth only a brief time before they are about to take the throne. His majesty had been working towards passing the order but feared criticism. And that is not good on a king. Guess we'll just have to wait a brief time before the thoughts of the people can change more and they totally accept sikri as their part. "

" It was decided mutually for the kings to look after the attitude of the people over the years and pass the order when the king felt it appropriate. No one knows when it will be and whose period it will be. "

" Rajkumar. I beg you. Please don't let the king know about this. I am truly an imbecile to have outspoken my tongue. But I beg mercy once. "

" Nothing will happen to you. I will take care of that. Which part is this sikri.?"

" The northern borders. The one on the other side of the jungles."

I was afraid that I was too sure so I inquired further.

" The one where the special striped tiger is found ?"

" Yes yes. How would you know that ? It was originally called the sikri royal tiger. "

So that was it.

"Your royal stamp will decide the official. Are you looking forward to employing someone from Sikri this evening? ".....he asked nonchalantly.

" Infact i wouldn't pass the order if they're not from Sikri. " ...I couldn't help but smirk at the end of that. Maybe the evening was not so boring after all ? Hopefully, I have something to do.

"Huh? I'm sorry i didn't catch the meaning?". ......he looked damn confused.

Not that he needed to catch anything. Except for my orders if I have some this evening. Can't believe I actually love having a personal service man now.

****************************************************************

Comment to let me know how was it. And please, vote it if you like it. Pretty please? 🥺

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~your author 🌚✨.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70K 6.5K 27
"Marry me" He said while looking at her with a dark expression making a tear drop from her eyes, he is the heartless king who asked for her hand in r...
18.2K 3.5K 33
Ivaan's eyes narrowed, looking at the kit in his hand "Perhaps, I should... just maybe.......... listen to you" he murmured, " but what can I say...
70.1K 7.4K 12
We were never supposed to marry, and our marriage was wrong because of many reasons but it didn't take him a single second before he shouted in front...
9.9M 748K 88
Marriage had always been my dream but not to a man about whom I know nothing. The moment my father fixed an alliance of me to a Prince without even t...