Fairy Tail Divine Bane: God's...

By nyxfall

Y/n was a lonely boy with no friends. He was called a monster because of the terrifying strength of his magic... More

Chapter 1: Prologue
Character Bio
Author's Note
Chapter 1: A New Beginning
Chapter 2: Welcome to Fairy Tail
Chapter 3: A Day Off
Chapter 5: My True Strength
Chapter 6: Meeting Lucy
Chapter 7: Battle of Fairy Tail
Chapter 8: A Fruitful Bond
Chapter 8: Roars Of The Storm
Author's Note
Chapter 9: The Dragon and The Monster
The Most Special Day of Everyone's life
Chapter 10: The Dragon Of Thunder
Chapter 11: Some Hellos and Some Goodbyes
Chapter 12: A Will to Surpass
Chapter 13: From Light to Dark
Chapter 14: Jack Of All Trades

Chapter 4: Restrain The World

2.4K 58 9
By nyxfall

Y/n was out on the mission he accepted. It contents read that he had to find a mystical artifact from the ruins of an old civilization of wizards.

The prize money was huge, so he accepted right away. There was only just one issue.

To put it simply... he was lost.

And as if to add salt to the wound he was lost in dense forest which was covered in mist. Not to mention he was also running out of rations necessary for his survival.

Well, in his defense, he didn't know he would find himself lost in a forest for 10 straight days. He just knew the forest was called Travellers Bane....

Y/n facepalmed. He found the name of the forest had started making sense. If realization was a snake, then Y/n would have been bitten ten times over.

Y/n sighed tiredly before continuing on his path.

(Time Skip)

It took another three days for Y/n to find the ruins. He was officially out of food and water. However, that meant little when he reached his destination.

Y/n looked up and beheld the sight of the ruins. Though most of the buildings were destroyed, one in particular still stood tall.

It looked like the remains of an ancient temple. Y/n walked up the broken stone path that led to the temple. As the distance between him and temple lessened, he was able to see it more clearly.

The temple was overgrown with moss. The roof looked ready to crumble at any moment but was kept in place by the cracked pillars under it. The temple entrance was big enough to fit in a giant.

Y/n wanted to see the architecture a little more but, he was rudely interrupted by a black shadow landing in front of him, making a cloud of dust rise up and block Y/n's vision.

Y/n was blinded by the dust which entered his eyes. Thankfully, he had super sharp instincts or else he would been turned into chopped liver by the unknown figure's attack.

Y/n wiped out the dust and glared at his ambusher.

It was a huge beast covered in long black fur. The beast had a gigantic mouth covered in rows of sharp teeth. Its eyes were gleaming dots of orange light with a matching diamond shaped eye between the rows of orange dots. Its arms and feet covered in strange ruins with blood red mist pouring out of them.

Y/n gulped had the sight of the menacing beast. He had read about it in a book. It was a guardian spirit formed from the earth itself. It was called upon by the ancient ancestors to guard their most treasured objects.

Those who had the misfortune of meeting these beasts, never came back to recite their tales to others. Y/n cursed at his bad luck. Seriously, sometimes it felt like the whole world was out to get him. 

However, the beast was an ill-mannered, sexist and racist against white people.... Sorry, my tongue starts slipping when I am overly frustrated. As I was saying the beast who was diligently performing his assigned duties, lunged at me.

I jumped out of the way as it swiped its claws, slicing several trees in half. I was about to cast my magic when it let out an ear-piercing scream. I covered my ears as I felt my ear drums being torn open when suddenly everything went eerily quiet. I slowly opened my eyes, only to find the beast missing from its original position. 

I felt perplexed before my senses kicked into overdrive as I jumped out of the way. I turned and saw the beast landing on the place where I was standing before. Had I not moved out of the way, I would have been flattened like a piece of paper. 

The beast growled in anger before charging at me. This time, however, I was prepared. I slammed my hands on the ground and casted my magic.

Gaia Magic: Flora Series

First Spell: Root Bind

The ground shook as giant vines shot out and restrained the beast. It tried struggle out of its bindings, but the vines only tightened in response. Realizing the futility of its attempts, it opened its massive jaws, ready to let out another shrill scream. 

Unfortunately for it, Y/n had already predicted its next move as he flicked his hand, making the vines wrap around the beast's mouth before shutting it close. 

Y/n: Alright, be a good boy and stay there.

Y/n walked away with a smug look on his face. He quickly made his way into the temple and started searching around for the artifact. Y/n knew his magic wouldn't last long and the beast would definitely not be happy when it finds out Y/n snooped around and stole the artifact it was guarding for centuries. 

Y/n finally managed to find the artifact which was embedded in the wall of the temple.

It was an ancient tome. Y/n huffed before an amused smile danced on his lips. He couldn't believe this little thing made his walk around this nightmarish land for about two weeks. He shook his head before reaching out for the decades old book. 

Suddenly, in a cliche turn of events. The roof exploded as the beast lunged at Y/n. Y/n quickly grabbed the tome before moving out of the way. The beast crashed into the stone pillars which was followed by the immediate collapse of the roof.  

Gaia Magic: Earth Series

Second Spell: Stone Wall

Y/n was instantly surrounded by columns of rock which shielded him from the falling debris. Y/n remained still as the sound of falling debris died down. He breathed a sigh of relief but, was once again interrupted by a familiar guardian spirit. The beast swiped its claws at Y/n and sent him crashing into the wreckage.  

Y/n: Damn it! Don't you have something else to do other than trying to----!!!

Y/n's breath hitched as his body froze solid. The beast opened its mouth once again but this time, it wasn't to scream. Y/n saw with fear in his eyes as red mist swirled inside his mouth, forming a glowing crimson ball which was laced with condensed magical energy.

Y/n tried to move his body, but it refused to budge out of fear. He felt his life flash before his eyes. He was so familiar with this feeling of death as he had felt it before. His mind projected a memory about small boy being tortured by a grown man with the crowd around him jeering at his pitiful state. 

Y/n looked back up at the red ball of death which was ready to disintegrate him completely. He continued to stare at the ball when suddenly a feeling of nostalgia aroused in his heart. The flickering of energy reminded of a dance. A dance that captivated Y/n's eyes the moment he looked. He was reminded of the flickering of the red, hot flames which he eternalized in his heart.

Unbeknownst to Y/n, his locket started flashing as it floated upwards. As if on cue, the ancient tome which was lying on the ground flipped open by itself. It rapidly scrolled through its contents before landing on a specific page. 

The page had strange symbol imprinted on it which couldn't be made out by human mind. Y/n's locket started shaking as the strange symbol started glowing. The beast, on the other hand, released his fully charged, energy blast. The tome suddenly disappeared before reappearing in front of Y/n. It also released a bright flash before the strange symbol on it seemed to shoot out of the tome and became ten times its original size.

The symbol acted as a shield as it prevented the blast of magical energy from hitting Y/n and absorbed it. The symbol hummed with the magical energy it absorbed just now while the beast looked appalled from what just happened before its very eyes.

The strange symbol started convulsing before gaining a contour far comprehensible by the naked eye.

It took the shape of an octagram  with multi-colored sides. It had a black dot in the center which was surrounded by the incircle of a triangle with a ring inscribed with ancient text encircling the triangle. 

Y/n just looked dazed, unable to perceive the world around him. The vertices of the octagram flashed as golden portals appeared at each point. Chains similar to Y/n's locket shot out of these portals and restrained the beast.

The beast hollered in pain as the spear-like ends of the chains tore through its flesh. The octagram started shrinking until it became much smaller before embedding itself on Y/n's head, though golden portals still remained in their exact positions. 

Y/n's eyes started flickering through various colors before turning pure gold. He stood back up and walked up to the portals. The beast went silent as it shuddered in fear at Y/n's aura. Y/n raised his palm as he began chanting.

 Wrought Iron Links Hammered from the Heavenly Core,

Undo the Shackles of Faith that Restrain your Unparalleled Might,

Arm thyself with Searing Spears and Burn through Flesh of the Sinful,

Constraint the Will of Divine,

End this Erroneous World of the Fallacious

Go! Chains Of Heaven,

ENKIDU!!!

Y/n's eyes burst with golden light as the chains exploded in pale white flames. The beast writhed in unbearable pain as the heavenly fire seared through its flesh. Y/n looked on, unfazed by the screams of burning agony that entered his ears and as the flames burned out, not even the ashes of the beast remained. 

Y/n took half a step forward before he stumbled weakly and fell unconscious on the ground.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 97 69
The arts are not always for everyone. However, when you find something you love, people you love, you tend to stick with them. Whether that is your...
198K 11.3K 168
[Previous Title - One Piece: Hashirama's Voyage] Hashirama Senju, the God of Shinobi, the Wood Deity, was a legend in the Naruto World. But what if w...
23K 409 17
Awakening in a world that is not his own. Gojira, the King of The Monsters finds himself in unfamiliar territory, where 80% of the world has powers c...
3.2K 102 6
I will combine my favorite Western adult cartoon, Rick and Morty, with my favorite anime, My Hero Academia. In this fanfic Izuku Midoriya is the smar...