Motivated to be lazy

By pl_obsidian

Ayanokouji X Ichinose Adopted by the Sakayanagi family at a young age. Ayanokouji Kiyotaka wants nothing more... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
SS Leadership
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
SS Public Humiliation
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
SS The day my life flashed before my eyes
SS A lesson from a perfect being
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
SS Puzzles
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
SS The dragons empty victory
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
SS Now I sit broken hearted
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
SS Who knows
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
SS my time to shine
SS There's no such thing as loyalty
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
SS The Bet
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
SS The worth of a soul
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
SS The Article
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
SS Why didn't I choose you?
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
SS Hiding in plain sight
SS A deal with a devil
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
SS King's Gambit
SS You're my friend
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
SS "Dirty" Tactics
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
SS Unlikely Alliances
Chapter 55

Chapter 48

4K 197 185
By pl_obsidian

The only time I've been in this hall was during the Entrance Ceremony. While then it resembled a school event, this time it looked more like a press conference. It was almost militaristic, I imagine if there were ever any old videos of some of the dictatorships of old, it would look similar to what I was seeing from the stage.

The entire student populous while surrounded by teachers, staff, security and media, all of them clapping in unison as if it were scripted. Even students like Ryuen who were delinquents were following suit as Sasaki pandered to all of them, waving to them as if this were an election campaign. With downward movements of both his hands, they all fell back down to their seats and remained quiet as if he were a puppetmaster.

Throughout the entire ordeal, I was blinded by the flashes of the cameras once again. Despite the fact that I was off to one side, it would seem like half the cameras were directed at me. Many of the reporters changed angles to get the best shot they could of both the Prime Minister and I at the same time.

"Thank you, thank you," Sasaki said graciously as the clapping died down. "Thank you all for your warm welcomes. Being back in this place has brought back many fond memories for me. Just as all of you are making them, there was a time that I was sitting in your very seats as a student of this school."

As Sasaki began his speech, a white projector screen unfurled itself behind his head as the screen lit up with a still image of the school's emblem.

"As all of you know, Advanced Nurturing High School and the Government have a long-withstanding relationship. When interests align, marvelous things happen. There is no greater commitment to our country than the future generations so that our history does not die with us and our legacy remains.

"Japan has always been at the forefront both traditionally and in modern times. We have remained relevant as a nation through our commitment to always looking to the future while never forgetting our past. As times change, so too must we. It is this constant battle of remembering our history while looking to the future that is a constant battle in our everyday life.

"Today marks a historical event. Today we strive for change. For the first time in the history of this institution, Advanced Nurturing High School will give a glimpse to the taxpayers into what this establishment stands for. What it represents. What it strives to accomplish.

"This is why the Government is announcing today that the Annual Sports Festival will be a live broadcast event. One that will be aired to the nation so that they can see the talent that they're fostering and sponsoring. Taxpayers have been left in the dark about how our talented youth have been nurtured and it is my hope that during my term, they can see that their hard earned money hasn't gone to waste.

"To achieve this goal, the event will be televised nationally with many esteemed guests in attendance."

Even with an announcement like this none of the Students spoke amongst themselves, too shocked by the scale of this event. It was as though every living soul was breathing in unison, trying to keep as quiet as possible so they could hang on to every word.

"As a former Student of Advanced Nurturing High School and a graduate of Class A, I know firsthand that there are levels in abilities of individual students even between classes. In the interest of showcasing the very best your school has to offer, each Class from 1-D through to 3-A will have one Featured Athlete.

"These Featured Athletes will compete not with the school but with each other. Now, many of you may believe it unfair that younger students will have to face the adversity of competing with more developed older students. However, the purpose of this school is to showcase the talent and exceptionalism of its students. A difference in age should not be a determining factor when competition is at its finest." Sasaki continued.

Just as he finished his sentence the screen lit up behind him showing two graphs on either side. Six empty boxes in pink on one side with six in blue on the other.

"Six girls have been selected to compete with each other as featured athletes and six boys have been chosen as well. Two boys and two girls with the highest OAA Physical Category scores from each year will represent their class in the Representative Challenge. These students will be required to compete with their older and younger peers in the fires of competition. Please make your way to the stage as you are called."

By now there were rumblings of chatter as the students couldn't contain themselves anymore. An action that wasn't unnoticed by Sasaki.

"Yes, yes! I'm sure all of you are very excited. Please feel free to cheer on the selected champions of your classes as they are called!"

"From Class 3-A Horikita Manabu."

3-A looked incredibly happy with the fact that Manabu was their Featured Athlete. While they looked pleased they were respectful, clapping as that smirking bastard took to the stage and stood where the stage hand directed him as the media moved in to take pictures.

"From 3-B Natsume Maya, from 3-C Ichigo Asa and finally from 3-D Shikichi Musubi,"

I watched as each of the participants came from their seats up to the stage, speaking to the stagehands and standing in wait, all surprised but ready and happy to be selected. With Honami on my left and Kushida on my right, I chanced a glance over to Nagumo. Still seated next to Kushida while applauding with everyone else, I could already see that he was ready and waiting for his name to be called. He must have noticed me looking in his direction as he turned to look at me, the fire of his competitive spirit rolling in waves. I could already tell that this was what he was waiting for, a chance to compete with me in a public arena. It would be even better for him with the world watching.

Carefully calculating the current situation in mind, I already planned my course of action. This was all a charade, all of these students were pawns. This plan had Sasaki written all over it, this was him parading me in front of the public. The photos together, the loud admissions that we were close. All of it was for public perception, to show that I was in his pocket and to showcase all of the abilities that both he and his predecessors invested in.

"From 2-A Nagumo Miyabi."

He was out of his seat before the Prime Minister even finished saying his first name, confidently taking his place with his hands raised as what seemed like every Second Year student all stood in unison, yelling and shouting their support of him. He drank in the adulation like a glutton, smiling confidently as the reporters changed angles to take in the crowd of people as well in his shot.

"From 2-B Kiryuin Fuka,"

The girl who spoke to me outside the pool made her way to the stage confidently with grace as she smiled to herself. As she made her way up the steps and passed in my line of sight, she smiled and winked at me before turning in her spot. The entire time, I couldn't take my eyes off her as my thoughts came back to our conversation. Did she somehow know that this was coming to pass?

My reaction, however, caused adverse effects unintentionally. My calculating gaze and Kiryuin-senpai's wink didn't go unnoticed by Honami who tensed in the seat beside me as she ceased with her applause and her eyes turned cold.

I'll be paying for this later.

Despite the situation, I couldn't turn to Honami at all to reassure her in any fashion. This ordeal caused an even larger problem for both of us. I don't know what she knows or how much, but there was one thing that I was certain of; Honami wouldn't have any experience with how to act in this scenario. I was about to be the subject of many headaches. With the public eye on this event, I had to warn her. We could not be seen together by the cameras under any circumstances. I'd have to keep my distance from her completely until this event was over.

The moment that those vultures got her name, they would be relentless. They'd dig into her middle school friends, her family, her past and theirs. Any dirt they could bring up to drag her through the mud, they would do it. These disgusting parasites, they'd sell out a person and drive them to suicide if it meant that they could bring traffic to their cesspool of a website. Just by my association, they could destroy her without care. If they found nothing, they would create it.

"From Class 1-A Nakajima Riko,"

I watched as Nakajima hesitantly made her way to the stage. She looked surprised, in shock as if she was expecting one of the boys from their class would be chosen.

"From Class 1-B Shibata So,"

The friendliest class all got up excitedly whooping as Shibata got up with a smile and made his way to the stage. I could feel my blood pressure rising in jealousy as Honami clapped and cheered as Shibata took the stage. He stopped short for a moment and smiled at her before turning and waving to his class.

I knew it was in vain but I attempted it anyway. I knew my fate was sealed but I tried with all my might. Repeating a mantra in my mind to any divine being that may be gracious enough to hear my call.

'Please let it be Koenji, please let it be Koenji, please let it b-'

"From Class 1-C Ayanokouji Kiyotaka"

Sigh.

As I got up from my seat, I chanced a glance at Honami who, despite being mad at me at the moment, clapped and gave me a strained smile and a thumbs up. Catcalling to me as I walked to my spot in line.

Standing next to Shibata I gave him a hard look which he returned. In my case, I was annoyed with him. I understand that they're classmates but there was something about the look he gave Honami that made me want to beat him. When I turned to face the crowd, the lights were almost blinding with flashes but the fact that my class was screaming and cheering even louder than Class B had made my heart warm.

Karuizawa spared no energy, whooping and jumping up and down, cheering at the top of her lungs. Eiichiro and the guys were much the same.

"Finally, from Class 1-D Kinoshita Minori,"

Glancing down the line, I realized that in my distraction I missed two participants. The boy from Class 2-D and the girl from 2-C. The boy didn't look to be anything special, judging from his build he was an average athlete, someone who was the best of the worst.

Nagumo hadn't taken his eyes off me the moment my name was announced, his eyes hungry with a challenging inferno. This was the chance he was waiting for, I knew he'd be itching to attempt at asserting dominance over me.

"There you have it, our Representative Athletes," Sasaki announced while looking down at the reporters.

There was a part of me that thought that perhaps I could manage to stay in stay in fifth place. We had four students that were older than me, I could just compete on the day without any specialized training. There wasn't any need to take this competition too seriously. After all, I didn't want to give Nagumo what he wanted so easily.

"The Government has decided that because of this momentous occasion we are sponsoring this event financially. For our featured athletes, first place in each event will be awarded 100,000 points, 50,000 for second place and 25,000 for third place."

Alright, never mind going for fifth. I'm sure that I can go easy and place third in every event without much trouble even against older students at my current level...

"Out of the Featured Athletes there will be an MVP for the boys and the girls. Both MVPs will be given a prize that was created specifically for this event; an Exchange Ticket. This ticket will allow you to choose two students and switch their current classes. They may be used on yourself or you may select two students to switch from other classes.

"You may choose to use it to strengthen your own class or weaken another. A unique opportunity for a momentous occasion."

...Fuck that I'm winning this thing. It was as though Father already read my mind, he knew this event was to showcase me. He also knew that I hated to be forced to do anything and that there was a chance that I wouldn't give it my best if I felt like I was being cornered. He knew I hated politicians like Sasaki and he hated the fact that my secret was being revealed outside his control.

He must have proposed this reward as an incentive. At the very least this was an apology. This reward was too great to afford to be lazy. Advanced Nurturing High School and the viewing public would see me give my best effort.

The Masterpiece will perform.

"Best of luck to our Featured Athletes and to all of you in your annual Sports Festival. I look forward to seeing you all giving your best effort. In light of the scale of this event, the sports festival will be held in two weeks to give you all time to prepare yourselves," Sasaki finished before moving to Father's side and the two of them exited the hall.

The reporters were ushered to a different section as everyone made their way slowly back to their homerooms, all chatting amongst themselves excitedly.

The others beside me didn't say much to each other, we merely exchanged glances. Manabu seemed like he wanted to speak to me but with a look at how many ears were around, he decided against it and turned to leave to head back to his class. Shibata hadn't moved, seemingly coming to a conclusion before turning to me with a hard look on his face.

"If you win this you're going to take Ichinose away from us, aren't you?" Shibata asked.

"I don't see how it's any of your business," I said, turning and facing him with a cold look of my own.

Slowly but surely I was starting to see it. Shibata suggested something for us to watch that would ruin our date at my dorm, the random looks of jealousy weren't because of what I originally assumed. At first, I thought it was because he was a prankster but now it seemed to me like he was trying to keep his enemy close. As though he was being friendly to not seem like a threat and waiting for an opportunity to slither his way in.

"Answer me," Shibata glared at me.

"I wouldn't be taking her from you, she's already mine,"

The hurt flashed across his features and I knew I was right.

"What's going on here?" Honami asked, sensing the tension as she walked towards us.

Shibata stayed quiet, quickly turning stoic to hide his feelings from Honami. I glanced around the emptying hall, realizing that the reporters were all gone before snaking an arm around Honami's shoulders and pulling her to my side.

"Nothing. Just a bit of friendly trash talk, don't worry about it," I said brushing off her concern and kissing her on the cheek.

Honami didn't look convinced, looking between the two of us before Shibata excused himself. He left quickly, heading towards our classrooms briskly. Honami didn't push me away or reprimand me until the others who were in front of us were gone as we walked back to the classroom ourselves. The moment we were alone on the road, she slapped my hand off her and crossed her arms.

"I'm still mad at you," Honami glared at me.

I knew all along that she was but tried to pretend like I hadn't noticed, hoping she'd go along with pretending everything was okay and letting the quarrel fizzle out naturally.

"I thought we were okay now. You were clapping... You didn't seem to mind me touching you when Shibata was around,"

"When we're in front of other people, of course I'd take your side," Honami huffed. "I wouldn't embarrass you like that by pushing you away in front of others. I waited until we were alone to tell you that you're being a jerk!"

I remained quiet, taking the verbal beating that I knew I deserved.

"You have some nerve... You even flirted with Kiryuin-senpai right in front of my face!"

"I didn't flirt with her," I sighed in exasperation.

"I know what I saw,"

"You've misunderstood. She spoke to me outside the pool, I didn't even know her name before they announced her. You need to relax,"

"Don't tell me to relax," Honami snapped.

"Why are you even being like this? You're getting jealous over nothing. Shiina's your friend and she's not exactly the type to go after her friends boyfriend. What are you getting so worked up about?"

Honami sighed and shook her head as if she were educating a toddler as the First Year Classrooms came into view.

"You don't know what girls are like, Kiyotaka. I can't be complacent around you, do you even know how many girls there are that like you? It's like I'm in a zombie apocalypse or something, it's ridiculous,"

"We're already together, relax. They'll get the message, with time their feelings will fade and they'll move on with their lives,"

"You really don't know anything when it comes to girls. If anything that makes them more interested. They're just waiting for me to let my guard down so they can swoop in and try to steal you,"

"What makes you so convinced?" I rolled my eyes at the ridiculous scenario that Honami had offered.

"Because I would," Honami said seriously.

Although we were running a little behind, I couldn't help but stop. The entrance to the building and the halls to the classrooms were already barren with everyone already excitedly making their way back to hear the remaining details for the Sports Festival, the only thing being heard was the excited chatter and boisterous discussion from the full rooms.

Grabbing onto my tie and looking me right in the eye, Honami looked completely serious. She'd always been accepting of her role supporting me, allowing me to take the lead and make decisions on everything. From our relationship to our work on the Student Council. Now I was wondering just how much of that was true.

"Kiyotaka, if someone confessed before me and you accepted, I would steal you. If Nanase Tsubasa comes to this school and manages to charm you, I'll get you back. The only one you should be looking at is me."

I never thought I would say this, but perhaps Honami was reading too much manga. Before I could say anything else, she turned on her heel and walked to her classroom with confidence. My eyes drifted lower and I swear I could see that she was putting a little bit extra sway in her hips with every step. As if she were reanacting some sort of protagonist in a book with the cool exit to boot.

Shaking my head to clear it from unnecessary thoughts, I opened the door to our Classroom only to go deaf with the excited gathering of my beloved classmates. Horikita sat at her desk with her hands folded on the table in front of her with a hard look in her eyes. Curiously, Koenji didn't seem to be too happy either.

Chabashira-sensei did not look like she was in good spirits. Surprisingly, she looked incredibly distracted. She simply waited at the podium while the class continued to praise me, all while watching everything unfold thoughtfully.

If not for that Exchange Ticket, I'd be throwing this competition just on principal even if a Sports Festival sounded like fun. All I want was to experience what it was like to be normal, even now I wasn't going to be able to have that dream a reality.

"Now I'm sure that the announcement has excited you all but we still have to go through the rules for the bulk of the Sports Festival," Chabashira started while moving to each of us and handing out a printed handout.

"Sensei, is this festival another of the special exams?" Hirata asked, raising his hand.

"While it isn't explicitly called that, you may interpret it as such," Chabashira replied, continuing to hand out the printed paper. "In any case, this event will massively impact the class standings."

"Whichever Class places first will receive one hundred Class Points. Second will receive fifty. Third will not gain or lose any class points and last place will lose fifty Class Points.

"We should be fine though," Karuizawa said confidently. "We have Ayanokouji-kun and Koenji-kun. They both have the highest physical OAA scores in First Year, the others don't stand a chance."

"You're half right, Karuizawa," Chabashira corrected her. "Ayanokouji will not be able to participate with you. As a Representative Athlete, he will only be able to compete in that competition. The only time Ayanokouji will be competing along side you is during the final Relay Race, where all of the Representative Athletes are required to compete as the anchor leg,"

"That's not fair!" Karuizawa shouted.

"Would he even participate if he wasn't a representative?" Yukimura scoffed.

"Shut up, no one asked you," Karuizawa snapped. "Can you even help? Can you run more than five meters without falling over? Nerd-"

"That's enough," Chabashira cut her off in frustration. "The rules are the rules and Ayanokouji will not be able to participate. This is a four way battle between the first years. I have every confidence in you that you'll be able to win.

"Ayanokouji has a difficult road ahead," Chabashira said in a strained voice. "Please be more understanding of him rather than selfishly thinking of yourselves."

There were few in the class who knew what she was talking about, it must have sunk in. The gravity of what was to come. Koenji still hadn't looked up from his desk with his arms folded, remaining silent the entire time. Ike had other plans.

"What's tough about it? He's going to be on TV! Not that anyone is expecting him to win, but he has a chance to right? Ever since he got with Ichinose and started eating all of her bento's," Ike trailed off momentarily distracted with jealousy. "He's like, double the size he was when we enrolled. He's probably the biggest Representative competing,"

"Bigger doesn't always necessarily mean better," Hirata offered diplomatically. "If it's speed or other competitions... It'll be tough. Nagumo-senpai was the best player on the soccer club before he left to focus on the Student Council. He'll be a tough opponent,"

"Ichigo-senpai is competing too," Onodera observed.

"He already beat him in swimming," Sotomura pointed out.

"Yeah, I know. It's just an observation," Onodera frowned.

"I don't think that Ayanokouji-kun is beating my brother either," Horikita added with a frown of frustration of her own.

"Who will you be cheering for? Your brother or your friend?" Kushida asked curiously.

"I... I don't know," Horikita trailed off quietly.

"What does it matter anyway?" Sudo said. "If he loses, we don't lose class points anyway. No one's expecting him to win so no one will blame him if he doesn't win it."

Eiichiro hadn't said a word. In fact he hadn't even looked up from the pamphlet as he read it carefully in detail. The conversation died out and they all waited for him to say something. The silence stretched on for a few more moments before he finally stopped reading, looking up at the class and smiling at them confidently.

"Don't worry, I've got a plan," Eiichiro said with conviction. "We're winning this one and we'll move to Class B."

Horikita frowned with uncertainty, looking at him with disbelief.

"You thought of a plan by yourself? Don't you think you need to consult with us before you make a decision for the group?"

"No," Eiichiro said simply. "No, I don't. I know what we're going to do and I'll iron out the details with Chabashira-sensei tomorrow. Everyone should get ready to train like madmen, I expect everyone to do their best and accept their roles as I give them.

"Koenji, are you free for dinner? Let's eat at the pavilion tonight, my treat," Eiichiro offered as he stood up and packed his things.

The rest of the class took the queue that the conversation was over, all packing their things as well to get ready to leave. Chabashira gave him a nod and a smile before collecting her own things. Just before she took a step out into the hall, she looked at me one last time before shaking her head bitterly and leaving.

The question seemed to break Koenji from his thoughts as he looked up rather surprised before nodding and following Eiichiro out. He gave me the same blank look as the two of them left the room and I was left on my own in silence.

How many more days would I have like this where I could be a nameless face? The same classmates who either hate me or love me, how many of them would change to fear simply because of the truth? What would the ratio be?

So deep in my thoughts, I didn't hear the door slide open again. It wasn't until Matsushita was close enough and waving a hand in my face that I realized I wasn't alone anymore.

"Hey," Matsushita said awkwardly.

"Hey. You forget something?"

"Actually, I wanted to talk to you. Do you mind?"

"Sure, go for it," I shrugged, waving at Eiichiro's seat. "Although, it's probably a little risky for me. Honami gets... scary when I'm alone with other girls."

Matsushita's face contorted in pain for a moment, nodding to herself sadly.

"She has a point... girls can be like that," Matsushita said sadly.

I wonder if she was like that too.

"This has to be a surprise for you," Matsushita said awkwardly, trying to break the ice. "I suppose you're not too happy about this situation."

"It was coming anyway, whether I liked it or not," I shrugged. "I already had eyes in my direction after the Zodiac Exam. This just brings my execution date sooner,"

"You make it sound like you're going to die," Matsushita joked.

"In regards to some aspects of my life, I suppose I am," I acknowledged. "All I ever wanted was to know what it was like to be normal. I got what I wanted for a little while, I should be thankful for that,"

Matsushita went quiet, staring at her shoes as we both ran out of things to say. The longer this dragged on, if people saw us alone together it'd cause a misunderstanding. Deciding to rip the bandaid off, I asked her what she wanted.

"So... What can I do for you?"

"Well, I know this is pretty sudden considering the announcement was just made," Matsushita started awkwardly. "The reward... The reward for winning the Representative Competition, you'll use that on Ichinose Honami right? You're probably going to bring her to our class when you win,"

"You're speaking as if I've already won," I laughed.

"You will," Matsushita said determinedly. "Ayanokouji-kun will win. I'm sure of it."

Matsushita calmed her self and took a deep breath before continuing.

"When you win, when you get the Exchange ticket... You'll need to switch two students to use it... It's not really like spending 20,000,000 points for a transfer..."

"Yeah, I know. I was there," I tried to joke to eaze the tension.

"You'll have to choose someone to kick out of Class C for the swap... I'd like it if you chose me," Matsushita said seriously.

The surprise must have shown on my face, I really have been out of the White Room for far too long. Before I could even open my mouth to say anything, Matsushita continued.

"I'm in love with you, Ayanokouji-kun," Matsushita admitted. "I'm in love with you but I don't have a chance. I try to just... let these feelings go but seeing you everyday... It's too difficult for me. If I have to see Ichinose-san everyday... seeing the two of you together during classes..."

"Who says I'm going to bring Honami to our class?" I asked her in confusion.

"...you're not bringing her here? Did something happen? Are you two... having problems?" Matsushita asked, unable to hide her rather hopeful tone.

"No, not at all. It hasn't even been two hours since the announcement, I haven't even thought about it. Honestly, I'm not even sure if I can win. That smirking bastard's not really someone I can take lightly."

"Stop treating me like I'm stupid, Ayanokouji-kun," Matsushita huffed. "If you want to, you can win this. I know you'll win... I have no right to ask this of you but... would you consider it?"

"And if I'm not bringing Honami to our Class? Would you still want me to use you in the exchange?"

Matsushita wasn't slow, I didn't need to spoonfeed every detail to her. In her mind, there was only one other option if I wouldn't bring Honami to our class.

"If you're planning to bring Sakayanagi-san, my request remains the same. I feel like it would be easier for me if you were out of sight and out of mind for the most part," Matsushita said eventually.

Matsushita was one of my first friends in this school, it was disappointing that this was what she wanted. Irrespective, it'd be off brand for me to make a commitment bluntly. It's far more in character for me to remain ambiguous. I knew that after this interaction, Matsushita would be actively distancing herself from me and as heartless as it may sound, it was something I was rather grateful for. Friends can stick together through the rough waters and other times drift away when the tide pulls too fiercely. I couldn't see her the way she wanted me to and it would be selfish of me to insist otherwise.

"I'll keep it in mind,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 688 9
Thirteen-year-old Ayanokouji Kiyotaka left the White Room thanks to an accident that forced the facility to be shot down indefinitely. Fortunately, t...
29K 1.1K 33
My version of Ayanokoji being in class 1-B. Some parts will follow the main story line whiles others won't After graduating from the WR Ayanokoji has...
5.7K 267 20
We never asked for this. We were born different, raised differently, taught differently. Everything about us is different. The only single similarity...
289K 2.2K 9
In an alternative universe where Ayanokōji Atsuomi humored the desires of Ayanokōji Kiyotaka, the story changes in more ways than one - new companion...