The King is a Child

By Cristal4lifee

Sato Youta died and reincarnated into a fantasy world from a book he read. or A tired man forced to act as a... More

Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Chapter 1

332 18 2
By Cristal4lifee

Sato Youta lay tiredly on his bed as the blood seeped from his neck and onto the once-white sheets. He could feel his head spinning from the blood loss and his fingers numb from pain.

Honestly, Youta wasn't planning on actually killing himself. He just wanted to test out his pain tolerance. He thought that since he survived falling from a building, getting hit by a truck, and being stabbed by a crazy stalker, he might survive this.

And to his surprise, he didn't. Maybe death got really tired of him running away and took its chance to finally seize. But he couldn't find it in himself to care. Although the cut from the dull kitchen hurts more than a bullet through the brain, he didn't care. He instead imagined the horror on the people's faces and took great pleasure in thinking about the overexaggerated stories they will tell.

Maybe they will say he was a 'tortured' soul in need of help. Maybe they'll call him a 'nice person and a good friend' and that 'God has another angel on the way'.

Just the thought of people crying at his funeral brings him great joy. Maybe if death was merciful enough, then he can maybe convince death to let him watch his own funeral.

"I guess you've won this time, death." He laughed and stared at the looming figure cloaked in a black hood and holding a large scythe in its 'hands'.

"You were an antsy one. Took me five years to finally reach you." The hooded figure said, its voice cold and dark, much like death itself.

"Well, you got me now." Youta sighed and got up from his laying position. He didn't even bother to look at his cold corpse. But instead, his eyes stared straight into the 'grim reaper's' hooded face.

"Enough. Come, He is looking for you." The grim reaper spoke and held out a boney hand. Youta just rolled his eyes and playfully circled the 9 ft tall figure with great interest.

"Was it fun? This game of cat and mouse? Did you enjoy it?" He purred lightly and smirked.

"....It was...interesting..." The grim reaper hummed gently. He didn't even bother moving when Youta grabbed his hood.

"...It was fun for me too... These past couple of years was the best years of my life."

The soft, almost melodic voice echoed like music in a large ballroom. His pitch-black eyes softened significantly and the once playful smile on his face soften into a gentle smile.

The grim reaper clenched his scythe and watched as the person he has been chasing for years took his boney hands. What an amusing mortal. Beautiful like a snowflake, but cold like ice. No wonder He took great interest in him (SY).

"Come, we shall not waste any more time." He spoke and clenched the mortal's hand in fear that the mortal will somehow slip past his grip and cheat death once more.

"Geez, why are you gripping my beautiful and delicate hand so hard? It's not like I'm going to escape," Youta paused before smirking once more, "Again."

The grim reaper glared lightly but softened his hold. "You said that the last three times we met. Now come. We must hurry, He does not like to wait."

Youta laughed but followed the grim reaper wordlessly into a black portal-like thing. He could still remember how mad the grim reaper look when he escaped the cold hands of death for the first time. It's funny how he sees this grim reaper more than he sees his own family.

"So, who are we meeting?" The mortal asked the tall figure. His voice filled with a child-like wonder.

"Him."

"Ugh. I know that! I just want to know who 'Him' is!"

"...."

Youta pouted childishly but continued to walk beside the grim reaper without another sound.

Finally, after what seemed like years of walking, they finally reached a 30 ft double door that looks to be made of marble and iron. The skulls on both sides of the door looked to be made of rubies and the doorknob was golden in color.

There were also two large guards on each side of the doors, each seems to be at least 15 ft tall with bulging muscles and helmets that covered their entire faces.

"Open the doors. I have brought him here." The grim reaper spoke, his voice sounded much different than before. It was loud, brimming with authority and indifference - like one of those strict managers from his old company.

"Yes sir." the two spoke in unison, their glowing red eyes scanning Youta's figure like an inspector. Finally, the heavy double doors burst open, relieving a long hallway adorned with gold and rubies. The carpet was crimson red which seems to be made of the finest silk, while the walls look dark and grim with little light to illuminate them.

Youta whistled and murmured softly under his breath. This is definitely the hallways of a demon king's castle. So cool! So dark and flawless! The perfect place for someone like him to live in!

"My king. I have brought him here with me." The grim reaper spoke, breaking him out of his trance.

Youta glanced up with curiosity at this so-called 'king' and gasped. H-he's big! He's a big boy! Wow!

The 'king' sitting on the throne looked to be 18ft tall with large black horns and bulging muscles. The king has a handsome face, a pair of cold red eyes, grey skin, long black fingernails, and hair that looked messy and unbrushed.

The king wore a simple black toga that wrapped around his large figure almost perfectly. Like a glove on a person's hands.

"Oh." He mumbled and glanced at the floor when the king's eyes were on him.

"Is this my adorable mouse?" The king spoke, his voice booming with dominance and power. Youta could feel a hot pair of eyes staring deep into his soul and his mind.

Is this the king of death? The ruler of hell?

...

Wait? Why is he in hell?! He has been such a good boy! So why is he in hell?!

"Hm, bring him here. Bring my darling here." The king spoke again, and almost instantaneously, two large guards appeared and 'escorted' the mortal towards the king sitting on the high throne.

Youta scrunched his eyebrows in pain and turned to glare at the guards on his side.

"Stop tugging you oaf!" He hissed like an agitated cat.

The guards didn't react to the cursing and just continued to drag the unwilling Youta away.

The king froze for a second before a laugh erupted from his throat. The walls trembled gently at the loud, booming laughter of the king. "Hahaha! Stop stop, both of you! Let him come up here by himself."

Youta huffed once the guards halted their hold and slowly backed away. Those demons (?) don't know how delicate his skin is. As a Japanese man raised in the city, his skin can easily darken and bruise up. And it takes days for those bruises to go away.

After complaining in his head, he quickly marched towards the king and climbed the large staircase with little difficulty. But before he could reach the top, a hand circled itself around his entire body like a snake, and before he knew it - he was lifted up into the air and onto a cold lap.

"You know, Youta. I have been watching you. And you are the perfect vessel for this experiment." The king smirked and glanced down at the small human on his lap.

"What? What are you even talking about?" Youta huffed and tried to get comfortable.

"...Ever heard of reincarnation?"

"Duh! Of course. My granny always talks about reincarnating into a dog and coming to bite my ass off! Crazy old hag. Shouldn't have paid for that coffin." Youta mumbled and leaned comfortably on the king's body.

"...haha! You really are a riot!"

"Thank you. It's so fun to be me."

For the first time in his 5000+ years of living, this was one of the few times he was both entertained and flabbergasted. This human, who has escaped and teased death three times seemed to have absolutely no fear. Maybe he's too stupid to know fear, or maybe he just doesn't care. But nonetheless, he was truly a piece of artwork.

"I want to reincarnate you into a new world as a test subject. Most of my past test subjects failed. But they weren't up to it anyways." The king hummed and poked the human gently with his finger.

"So...I'm like, entertainment?"

"Something like that!"

"Oh ok. Alright, if it's fun, then I don't care." He giggled playfully.

The king stared at the human's soft face for a second before a crazed smile arose from his lips. What an interesting little human~.

"Alright~Then, make sure to entertain me well, my darling human~" 

___

Hello. 80% of the religions/fantasy stuff in this book is not accurate. I just wanna create my own thing lol. And again, please heed the warnings. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.5K 631 11
This story is based on village story with lots of smut...
135K 3.7K 25
Warning: 18+ ABO worldကို အခြေခံရေးသားထားပါသည်။ စိတ်ကူးယဉ် ficလေးမို့ အပြင်လောကနှင့် များစွာ ကွာခြားနိုင်ပါသည်။
257K 10.1K 32
""SIT THERE AND TAKE IT LIKE A GOOD GIRL"" YOU,DIRTY,DIRTY GIRL ,I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE BOOK🌝🌚
63.5K 6.2K 123
A story following a young hunter named Jay. He has grown up in a world where dungeons, monsters, and humans with leveling systems are a cultural norm...