Reborn As Lydia Martin

By Can-I-BE-Any-Cooler

Lydia Ingalls never really minded the thought of death, she always imagined it to be peaceful. Lydia was neve... More

Disclaimer
Cast
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 16

16.2K 897 102
By Can-I-BE-Any-Cooler

It is when we lose control that we repress the emotions, not when we are in control.

Third POV

"Did you really have to be that loud?" Derek says irritably as Stiles and Scott walk out of the school together. "We're trying to call the alpha, not the entire town."

Scott grins sheepishly at Derek. "Sorry, I didn't know it would be that loud."

"Yeah! It was awesome!" Stiles exclaimed excitedly before looking back at Scott with a slightly irritated look.

"Only the second time though. The first time you sounded like a dying cat. Don't ever screech in my ear like that ever again, okay?" he added.

Derek smirks at Scott's offended expression, amused at what Stiles just said. It did sound like a dying cat.

Scott huffs, "Well, I'm sorry I'm not that good at being a werewolf yet. I must have forgotten to take the 'how to be a werewolf for beginners' course."

Stiles snorts "Are you being sarcastic right now? I'm proud of you!"

"Shut up." Derek silences them when he hears something rustle behind him.

"Don't be such a sourwolf." Stiles comments, not hearing the sound that made Derek go quiet.

Derek glares at Stiles. "Have you forgotten what we are here for?"

His words caused Stiles and Scott to become more serious as they began to look around.

It was quiet.

The only sound present was the soft blowing of the wind.

"I don't think tha-" Scott started but was suddenly interrupted by a voice coming from behind them.

"You called me?"

Scott, Stiles and Derek quickly turn around to see a man standing there. A man with bright blue eyes, dark brown hair and a little smirk on his face. However there was a glint of fear present in his eyes.

"Peter?" Derek gasps.

Derek looks at Peter in shock. How can he be here? When did he come out of his coma? Why didn't anyone call him? His nurse said she would call him if anything happened to Peter. Why didn't she call him?

"Hello little nephew." Peter smiles slightly.

"What?" Derek breaths. "How...how are you here?"

Scott looks at Peter in surprise, knowing that he was supposed to be in the hospital right now, not walking around looking like a healthy person. He felt a strange feeling when he looked at him. He felt some sort of connection with Peter.

Stiles is confused, Scott told him about Peter and what happened to him. But shouldn't he look a little more injured than he does now?

"I thought that would be obvious." Peter answers.

Thoughts run wild in Derek's mind as he tries to make sense of the situation, until his gaze suddenly shifts to realization.

"Y-you're the alpha?" Derek asks him with a shaky voice.

Peter's smile slowly disappears. There's a painful look appearing in his eyes. He is scared of how Derek is going to react.

Jennifer's voice echoes in his head.

They are the reason your family is dead.

The only family you have left is Derek and do you really think he still cares about you when he finds out you killed Laura?

Peter nods slowly.

He wanted to explain how much he didn't want to hurt Laura, but he couldn't get the words out. He was too focused on Derek's pained face and the sharp smell of grief and betrayal that came from him.

Derek growls loudly as he starts attacking him. He punches Peter and grabs him by the collar of his jacket and throws him to the ground.

"You killed Laura! Why did you kill her!?" Derek growls.

Peter remains lying on the floor as he groans in pain. He doesn't want to fight his nephew. He knows that he deserves this.

He feels still a little weak. He remembers that when he woke up this morning, Jennifer was standing next to his bed with a syringe in her hand.

Just like she did almost every week.

The syringe was filled with wolfsbane which she injected into his arm. The pain he was in was terrible. It was a fiery burning pain. It was horrible. It made him feel like he was in the burning house all over again. The burning of the wolfsbane reminded of the fire touching his skin. It was torture.

He tried to distract himself from the pain so that it wouldn't hurt as much as it did, but he couldn't. He couldn't think of anything but the pain he felt.

The feeling, it made him feel angry.

It made him feel so angry.

The feeling of being in the house fire again and again and again. It made him vengeful.

Then Jennifer started saying things to him.

You don't want your family to be disappointed in you for not taking revenge for them, do you?

She started manipulating him.

You are here all alone.

Your family doesn't care about you. If they did, they would have visited you.

You know, if you want them to care about you again, you can make the people who did this to them pay.

Prove to me that you are not as useless as they think you are.

And that's what he did. He did the things she told him to do.

He just did.

Peter didn't understand what was going on. He felt like he was going crazy. He was no longer in control of his wolf.

But then, someone started talking to him.

It was odd at first. When she walked into his room the first time, he thought it was Jennifer. But when he listened to the sound of the footsteps he knew that it wasn't her.

Jennifer's footsteps were heavy and loud while Lydia's footsteps were soft and hesitant.

At first Peter thought she had ended up in the wrong room. Because no one ever visited him, so why would a stranger.

But then she started talking. She knew his name. How? He didn't know. But she knew.

'Peter' he thought. 'That's me. She's here for me? Why is she here for me?'

She started talking to him about her day. About how she made a friend at school that day. About how she thought no one really wanted to be her friend because they thought she was a freak.

It made him angry for some reason. How could people not want to be friends with this girl.

This girl who was kind enough to just talk to him.

She talked to him, and he listened.

And then came the drawing..

To be honest, he didn't expect the drawing to be so beautiful.

It looked lifelike.

It wasn't necessarily the drawing that helped him calm down, it was the feeling that someone made it for him.

He thought he was just lucky that day. That she just happened to pass by and saw him sitting there alone and decided to sit with him for a while.

But she was there the next day, and the day after that, and the day after that.

She started visiting him every day.

She would just sit next to him and read to him or just talk to him.

About nothing specific really.

But Peter didn't mind that. He didn't care what she talked about as long as she was just talking to him.

The only thing that distracted him from the pain was Lydia.

And then suddenly after some time he heard his nephew enter his room. He was silent at first. Only his footsteps could be heard. then the chair, which he gently pushed closer to Peter.

He could smell his emotions, Derek smelled of sadness, grief, and loneliness.

Derek didn't say much, he just sat next to him.

Sometimes he would grab Peter's hand and scent mark him by rubbing Peter's wrist with his thumb.

Peter sensed that his wolf recognized Derek as his beta and he could slowly feel his wolf becoming less and less feral on the days he was visited.

Peter enjoyed the two visitors, but he realized that Jennifer noticed this too..

"What are you doing!?" Derek yells desperately when he sees that Peter remains lying on the ground. "Why aren't you fighting back?"

Derek's eyes fill with tears of frustration. Why doesn't his uncle fight back? If he had the guts to kill Laura, why can't he fight him?

After Peter still won't get up, Derek punches him again.

Peter groans as he feels blood running from his nose.

Derek hisses in pain as he feels Peter's blood burning on his hand.

He quickly wipes the blood off his hands when he feels a familiar burning pain on his skin.

"Wolfsbane?" Derek whispered to himself.

He looks up at Peter in shock and concern. "Why is there wolfsbane in your blood?"

"Jennifer." Peter coughs.

Peter can feel his face burning slightly. Luckily for him, Jennifer couldn't inject the entire syringe into him. The wolfsbane was almost out of his blood.

"Jennifer!? Your nurse?" Derek asks shocked.

Derek hurries over to his uncle and helps him stand up.

After a sign from Derek, Stiles and Scott quickly run up to help them.

"Yeah, well. I wouldn't really call her a nurse. Just a psychotic bitch." Peter says irritated.

Derek gently wipes Peter's blood from his face with a guilty look. What else has this nurse done to his family?

"Your nurse poisoned you? She knew you were a werewolf?" Scott asks him confused and slightly scared. Is this going to happen to him someday too?

"Did your nurse kill Laura?" Stiles asks him, trying to figure out what's going on.

Peter straightens up. He already feels a lot better. The punch actually helped him heal faster. Not like he's going to tell Derek that.

"I don't know how she found out I was a werewolf. She just knew. Maybe she heard about the fire and started asking around or something." Peter started telling them.

"She started injecting me with wolfsbane to keep me weak I think. She must have had a plan, but she obviously didn't tell me what her plan was." he continued.

Derek looks at him trying not to show his emotions but he can't stop the tears welling up in his eyes. He thought his uncle would be safe in the hospital, but he wasn't. He should have helped him. He should have been there for him. His family was hurting.

"She hadn't taken into account that the more wolfsbane I was injected the more I got used to it. So when she tried to inject me this morning I had saved enough strength to knock her unconscious and then I got the hell out of there. Although, I think it was also thanks to you and Lydia." Peter explained while turning to Derek at the end of his sentence.

"Lydia?" Stiles asks him surprised.

Peter looks at him with furrowed eyebrows, feeling oddly protective of Lydia.

"Yes. She visited me in the hospital almost every day." he tells Stiles.

Stiles's eyes gleamed with adoration. Lydia was so freaking amazing and adorable.

"Just like you did." Peter says turning towards Dereks with gratefulness in his eyes. "It distracted me from all the bullshit Jennifer was telling me to do."

Derek nods quietly "Did she tell you to kill Laura?" he asks carefully.

Peter sighs and starts telling them everything.

He tells them about how he felt because of the wolfsbane he kept getting injected. He tells them about how he completely lost control over his wolf in the hospital. He tells them about what Jennifer has told him. He tells them that Jennifer lured Laura to Beacon Hills and that he didn't want to kill her but that he couldn't stop his wolf from going crazy.

He told them everything.

Derek pulled Peter into a hug, no longer wanting to hear about the pain Peter felt.

"I'm sorry." Derek whimpered quietly. "I'm sorry I didn't visit you soone-."

"Don't." Peter interrupted his nephew. "It wasn't safe for you here either." he reassures him.

Scott cautiously steps a little closer. "So, you..you're the one who bit me?" he asks Peter. It kinda makes sense to him now. The connection he felt between them before. That must mean this guy is his alpha, right? He doesn't really blame him anymore, after hearing what happened to him.

"That I did." Peter nods with a little smirk. He heard him talking to his friend a lot. He always complained about being a werewolf while he kept using his werewolf powers to play lacrosse.

"You know, being a werewolf isn't necessarily a bad thing. Once you learn how to control your wolf side, it can be quite useful. Especially for playing sports, but I saw that you already made good use of that." Peter tells Scott.

Scott blushes slightly but felt proud after the little compliment from his alpha. It was indeed very useful for playing lacrosse.

"Besides, you don't even know the best part about being a werewolf yet." Peter says smiling slightly.

Stiles and Scott look up at him curiously when he said that.

"What is it?" they ask at the same time.

"The best part of being a werewolf is being in a pack." Derek finishes with a small smile, already knowing that's what his uncle was going to say.

"Pack is family. We take care of each other." Peter adds.

He was about to explain further about how it feels to be in a pack when he was interrupted by a phone ringing.

It was Stiles' phone.

"Jackson?" Stiles asks in surprise as he picks up the phone.

"Is Lydia there with you?" Jackson asks in a slight panic.

At the name of the familiar little strawberry blonde girl, the three werewolves begin to listen in on the conversation.

"What? No, we haven't seen her since she left the school with you." Stiles answers confused.

"Fuck." they hear Jackson exhale in panic.

"Jackson! What the hell is going on!? Where's Lydia?" Stiles asks as he begins to panic.

"I don't know! She was supposed to be home already. She doesn't answer her phone. She usually always answers her phone, Stiles."

Derek walks over and takes the phone from a distressed Stiles.

"Jackson, when was the last time you heard from her?"

"I-I dropped her off at the hospital after school. She told me that after she visited Peter she would go to me, but she isn't here yet and visiting hours are already over." Jackson panics.

Derek, Stiles and Scott start to get very concerned.

Where is Lydia? Has she been attacked by a real mountain lion and is she now dying alone somewhere?

Peter, on the other hand, starts to get furious. His eyes begin to flicker from blue to red as he hears Jennifer's words replay in his head again.

Oh, how adorable. Is she one of your little family members you just talked about? Well, it would be a shame if she suddenly went missing, don't you think so?

"Jennifer." Peter growls angrily.

----------------------------------

Heyy guyss.

I'm sorry it took me so long this time.

I was busy with school stuff again and this chapter took me a little more time to finish. 

I know it sometimes takes a bit long until I update lately but don't worry though, I will definitely finish this story to the end. 

I promise!

Let me know if there's anything you'd like to see happen in this story and maybe I'll write it!

Thank you for still being interested in the story even though it takes a bit long for me to update.

Thanks for your support and all the sweet comments! Love you guyss!❤️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.2K 1.1K 26
"I was someone who tore through cities and villages with no remorse for the men, women and children I killed. I didn't care about anyone because I ha...
43.9K 2.1K 14
Annie was reborn to a life she never thought possible Finn x Oc x Kol Please note I do not own the vampire diaries or the original, and not everythin...
135K 3.8K 15
Liana Martin, yes, Lydia Martin's sister. Compared to her sister, she is not popular and she doesn't date the captain of the lacrosse team. According...
72.8K 2K 31
The past might find it's way back to you. But if your Immortal... Well, that's a whole different story... Alice Harper was in her old town, starting...