No Escape Series #2: No Resol...

By AngelSheery

THE PROJECT FINISH 2023 - TEAM KINAIYA-EMERY Rhian Desirae Garcia Luther y Gorbachev is an anonymous and unde... More

DISCLAIMER
Chapter 01: Twelve OʼClock At Night
Chapter 02: The Short Film
Chapter 03: The Statement
Chapter 04: Be Careful
Chapter 05: The Survival
Chapter 06: Vahn Darrel and Rhian Desirae
Chapter 07: What Happened Two Days Ago?
Chapter 08: A Writer and The Detective Agent
Chapter 09: The Syndicates
Chapter 10: Plot Twist and Outline
Chapter 11: Whatʼs The Result?
Chapter 12: The Unsecured Place
Chapter 13: The Various Theories
Chapter 14: The Secluded Cemetery
Chapter 15: The Predictions
Chapter 16: Chase After Her
Chapter 17: The State of Life
Chapter 19: A Process of Reflection
Chapter 20: The Internship
Chapter 21: The Blood Test Operation
Chapter 22: The Distance To The Target
Chapter 23: Crossing The Line
Chapter 24: The Sneaking Hunch
Chapter 25: The Sense of Mystery
Chapter 26: The Memories Came Back
Chapter 27: Doubting The Truth
Chapter 28: What Choice Will Be Made?
Chapter 29: The Consideration
Chapter 30: Danger Signal (S-O-S)
Chapter 31: The Hostage-Taking
Chapter 32: The Bullet (Felix)
Chapter 33: The Separate Ways

Chapter 18: The Confidential Rumors

28 30 0
By AngelSheery

THE CONFIDENTIAL RUMORS

Matapos nilang kumain, nagtungo naman agad si Rhian sa kuwarto para makapaglinis ng kaniyang katawan, at ganoon din ang ginawa ni Vahn nang makapasok siya sa kaniyang kuwarto.

Rhian went out there to sneak into the slaughter room for a moment to do her paperwork and so she could write some drafts of her novel. When she finally got in there, she noticed that nothing had changed since she left.

It was only three days before she returned to her home. She sat on the chair there and placed her laptop, notebook, ballpoint pen, and other belongings on the table.

She let out a breath and started to open her laptop, but when she opened social media and the website, what she saw were issues and other comments about this morning.

The controversial rumors thatʼs now spreading about Rhian Lutherʼs disappearance is part of the exclusive report. She clenched her fist when she read the article that said that no matter how bad what happened to her, there are still people who disagree about it.

“Itʼs impossible for Rhian Luther to be alive if the serial killer really did that to her!”

“Walang pinipili ang serial killer, kahit ano pa ang estado nito sa buhay, wala siyang sinasanto, but I just heard the news that Rhian Luther is still alive?!”

“Mabuti naman at buhay pa si Rhian Luther. I canʼt believe sheʼs going to be one of that serial killerʼs victims!”

“Rhian Luther, if you really accepted our interview and invitation, you wouldnʼt have problems with this issue. Donʼt worry, and the law will keep you safe.”

She shook her head. She leaves the articles and comments that she reads on social media and sites. She was ready to face them earlier, but she also thought about the consequences if she continued.

Maaari ngang mabalikan pa siya ng kung sino mang hayup ang gumawa niyon sa kaniya, at madamay pa ang kaniyang mga kaibigan, pero hindi siya papayag na mas lalo pa itong lumala. Naisipan niyang maglakad palabas ng room na iyon pero natigilan siya nang magbukas ang pinto.

Vahn was also surprised to see Rhian in it. Just as he thought she was going to lock herself in the room again, he found her in the slaughter room. “Bakit hindi ka pa natutulog?” tanong niya sa dalaga.

“Iʼm still working on something,” tugon ni Rhian. “By the way, I just opened my social media, and... I saw these articles on the sites, as well as their comments.” Rhian presented her laptop in front of Vahn, and Vahn placed his hand on the table while looking at them.

“I donʼt know why I became an issue since Iʼm the last victim, but theres still no evidence that the serial killer is behind all of this,” naguguluhang sabi ni Rhian habang nagpapabalik-balik sa kaniyang nilalakaran.

“Why are these things happening to me, Sir Vahn? Puwede naman nila akong hayaan na lang, hindi ba? My life is not important just because of what happened to me; mamatay man ako o mabuhay, wala na silang pakielam doon.”

Tumayo ng tuwid si Vahn at hinarap si Rhian. “Relax, okay? Hayaan mo, bukas na bukas, kapag nag-aabang pa rin ang media sa labas ng Hyder University, Iʼll deal with them,” he said when Rhian stopped, which means he was also implicated.

“You know what, just get rid of them,” maikli niyang sabi at tumalikod na siya sa binata. Natigilan na naman siya nang ma-realize niya ang sinabi ni Vahn kanina. “They think weʼll get along like this, like that, because of that—but I feel bad since you are also involved in the controversy and these contentious news rumors—”

“Ms. Luther, okay, just calm down. Ako na ang bahala roon kung mag-aabang pa rin sila. Kasama ko naman sina Cyruz and Lloyd bukas, at sila na ang bahala mag-escort sa iyo papasok sa loob ng university; ako nang bahalang humarap sa media.”

Muling hinarap ni Vahn ang nakasaad sa article roon sa laptop ni Rhian. “Didnʼt I tell you that Iʼm ready to help you with everything, as long as you trust me, Ms. Luther? Weʼre now working together, and that is also part of my mission.”

Napaiwas naman ng tingin si Rhian sa binata. Sa totoo lang niyan ay hindi niya kailangan ng tulong in an instant dahil ayaw niyang mayroong magsasakripisyo ng buhay para sa kaniya kung kaya naman niyang protektahan ang kaniyang sarili, pero dahil mayroon siyang mga tunay na kaibigan, hinding-hindi niya hahayaan ang mga ito na mapahamak nang dahil sa kaniya.

“You donʼt have to worry about me anyway; itʼs really my duty as a detective agent. I will have no regrets for the help I have done for other people, even if I die,” pagpapatuloy ni Vahn.

Hindi na muling nagsalita si Rhian at bumalik na lang doon sa kaniyang kinauupuan. Pinagmasdan lamang ni Vahn ang dalaga na mayroong ginagawa sa notebook nito, but he suddenly remembered something, so he left the room first.

He returned to his room. He opened his mini-drawer, and there were Rhianʼs eyeglasses that he got when he went to the abandoned cemetery. He also held that silver bracelet, but he wasnʼt sure if it was the same as Rhianʼs or not.

Muli siyang lumabas ng kaniyang kuwarto para balikan doon si Rhian sa slaughter room, at hindi rin naman inaasahan ni Rhian na babalik doon ang binata. “You donʼt need to stay here long; it just depends if we talk about the case.” Rhian said, but she stopped when she saw what Vahn was holding.

“My eyeglass...” bulalas niya, at agad namang ibinigay iyon ni Vahn sa kaniya.

“Alam mo bang bumalik ako roon sa abandoned cemetery para ma-imbestigahan ang buong lugar,” sabi ni Vahn, at napatingin naman agad si Rhian sa kaniya. “Hinanap ko ang hukay na sinasabi mo, totoo pala.”

Tila bang parang nalaglag ang balikat ni Rhian at inilapag ang kaniyang eyeglass sa mesa. “Heto na naman tayo, Sir Vahn. Sa tingin mo talaga nagsisinungaling ako?” sabi niya.

“Hindi naman sa ganoon. I know youʼre telling the truth, but I just went to that place to look for other evidence and check that place again,” Vahn said, but he couldnʼt deny that in his mind he was still troubled by his perspective and theories.

“Then saka naman kami nagkapang-abot ni Director Alvarez,” pagpapatuloy ni Vahn, at napatingin naman si Rhian sa kaniya na naniningkit ang mata nito.

“Director Alvarez?” pagtataka ni Rhian.

“Our director was just too curious about that abandoned cemetery; we had an urgent meeting a while ago, and we talked about... about your statements,” sabi ni Vahn.

“And it was the first time that the unknown place will be revealed again in ten years that the unknown serial killer has been on the prowl.” He crossed his arms again. “Thereʼs just something, but I still wonʼt lose my theories or the plot twists we made, Ms. Luther.”

Pareho silang nagkatinginan. “And what about the tranquilizer? May result na ba ulit if tama ang investigation ng forensic or what?” tanong ni Rhian, pero umiling naman agad si Vahn hudyat na hindi pa rin iyon sapat na ebidensya upang maturo nga na ang serial killer ang gumamit niyon o ibang tao.

“Everything is clean. No finger prints were found; matalino ang taong iyon, kung sino man siya o sila, kaya siguro hindi nahuhuli at patuloy lang gumagawa ng krimen at pagpatay sa loob ng mahigit na sampung taon,” seryosong sabi ni Vahn.

“For sure, I know something... in case something happened to me when I disappeared,” Rhian said, causing Vahn to immediately look at her. “Donʼt worry, if my memories ever come back, Iʼll tell you right away.”

Tumango na lamang si Vahn. “Then I will go back to my room. Magpahinga ka na rin kapag natapos ka na sa ginagawa mo. Goodnight.”

“Bonne nuit.” (Goodnight.)

***

The next morning came again, and Vahn took Rhian to Hyder University early, but several reporters and cameramen could be seen in front of its gate, who seemed to be waiting for Rhianʼs arrival again.

“Vahn, mas mabuti pang palipatin mo rito sa amin si Ms. Luther nang maihatid namin sa parking lot, para dadaan na lang siya roon sa likod ng main campus,” rinig niyang sabi ni Lloyd, at tiningnan naman niya si Rhian na nakaupo sa kaniyang shotgun seat.

Rhian didnʼt hesitate to get out of Vahnʼs car and move to Lloyd and Cyruzʼs car. She was taken there to the parking lot, and fortunately she was able to enter a safe inside the campus. “Everything is fine, Vahn,” rinig niyang sabi ni Cyruz.

He parked his car in the open parking lot and went out with the reporters who were approaching him. “Detective Vahn Fernandez!” pagtawag sa kanyia ng mga ito.

He put on his shades and kept walking towards them. As he said last night, he has to face them himself so that they wonʼt look for Rhian again every time na papasok siya sa Hyder University.

“Detective Vahn Fernandez, nasaan ngayon si Ms. Luther? Pumasok ba siya? Please, and we desperately need to speak with her even for a moment,” sabi ng isang reporter.

He raised his hand to calm them down and take it easy on the questions. “Sandali lang. Nandito ako sa harapan ninyo para ako na ang sumagot sa lahat ng inyong katanungan. Iʼm sorry, but Ms. Luther canʼt face you, and I was the one who insisted on doing so,” sabi niya sa mga ito.

“Sir, may katotohanan ba talaga ang mga statement na ibinigay sa inyo ni Ms. Luther? Totoo nga bang nabiktima siya ng serial killer?” tanong ng isang reporter, at ang lahat ng camera ay sa kaniya na nakatutok.

“First of all, that was just a statement by Ms. Luther, and all those are still being investigated by the police and NBI. There is no certainty yet whether the serial killer did that to her or someone else; wala pang kasagutan.”

Other citizens are watching on TV because thatʼs where they see Vahn speaking in front of the media. “Sir, howʼs Ms. Lutherʼs condition? Why did the rumors say that she had amnesia?” tanong naman ng isang reporter.

“We have theories that he may have used a tranquilizer to make her forget; like people who are victims of serial killers, it appears from the forensic investigation results that they used a tranquilizer because there was a strange liquid mixed in their blood that they tested.”

“Sir, isa pang tanong...” Sinubukan na niyang iwasan ang iba pang katanungan.

Kailangan na niyang laktawan ang mga confidential na impormasyon na wala pang masyadong kasiguraduhan kung tama ba ang mga pinagsasabi niya sa harap ng media, pero iyon lamang ang kaniyang opiniyon.

“I can no longer answer your other questions. I hope you will stop Ms. Luther and make her life peaceful because she doesnʼt want to be disturbed anymore,” pagpapatuloy ni Vahn.

“Please be considerate about that. We are already doing everything to help her, so we will take care of Ms. Luther. Thank you.”

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

393K 26.1K 33
When tuning in to the parallel world seems to be the only way to explain Liz's sudden disappearance, high school students Maxx, Zero and Axes try eve...
5.9M 274K 72
In the near dystopian future where the population has blown up, women and the poor are more oppressed, and those with positions who abuse their power...
21.6M 751K 62
More crimes, baffling codes and clues. New mystery, same detectives, different deductions. Join Gray and Amber as well as the other characters in dis...
82.4M 2.4M 73
Erityian Tribes Series, Book #1 || Not your ordinary detective story.