Dear Royalty

By Katonyak

The secrets of a mother's diary spontaneously become the blueprint of her daughter's fate.. More

Meet The Peeps
1. Still Waters
2. Miss Kitty
3. Gut Feelings
4. Baby Blues
5. Turning Pages
6. The GateKeeper
7. Chandler
8. Two Steps Back
9. The Upside
10. A Couple Of Forevers
11. Power
12. For Better Or Worse
13. Family Matters
14. Girl, Get Up
16. Little White Lies
17. Daddy, Don't Cry
18. Moth To A Flame
19. Flesh & Blood
20. Family That Preys
21. Paid In Pain
22. Pressure
23. Mother Knows Best
24. Love & War
25. Bye-Bye Baby
26. Pieces of Me
27. P is for Penitence
28. Blurred Lines
29. Hills & Valleys
30. Dear Darling

15. The Other Side

56 4 1
By Katonyak

One Year Later
***

Candice's P.O.V

"Hey Candice, we got a guy at the welcome center with some application trouble." Chris, the new receptionist pages me over the walkie talkie clipped to the front pocket of my slacks.

"What does he need?" I reply.

"He's trying to apply for a financial manager, but it looks like his company was denied." He says.

I snapped the walkie off my thigh and slide in my office chair.

"What's his last name?" I asked before setting the walkie on my desk, opening the files on my computer.

The walkie beeps again.

"Last name, Vets." He said.

I typed a few letters.

"Hey Chris," I call back.

"Yeah?"

"I'm not seeing that name."

I scroll through the pending applications with the last name initials V.

"Vets. V-E-T-S" He spells it out. "First name, M-A-R-C-E-L."

I typed as he spells.

"Got it." I confirm. "Yeah he's gonna need to provide some additional information. Could you send him up to me please?" I ask.

"Copy that."

I read through the status noted on the application waiting for the client to arrive.

The elevator dings across the hall.

In just a matter of a few seconds a man approaches my open door.

"Come in." I granted.

He adjusts his suit jacket before taking a seat across from me.

"Hi, I'm Candice." I extend my hand for a shake.

"Marcel." He completes.

Marcel.

The name sounded familiar but I couldn't put my finger on it.

"Alright Marcel, so here's what I found." I rotate my computer screen so that he could see.

"What's that?" He leans in with interest.

"Your application was denied due to the limited information you provided." I explain. "In order for us to successfully match you with a financial manager, we need to have access to the exact dollar amount of your company's net profit."

"Ok." He nods.

"So, you have here that your company is the head of three franchises, correct?"

"Yes." He nods again.

I scratched my temple with confusion.

"Ok. So you founded the company, and branched off into three locations, owned and operated by three different people? which, makes you corporate?" I reach for clarity.

"Oh! Well not exactly. I own and operate all three."

"Ok. Got you." My brain catches up.

I go into my computer and correct his mistake.

"And you need a financial manager for which location?"

"All of them."

Sheesh.

"Oh. Ok, no problem." I say. "So have you had any assistance before or?"

"Well yes. When I first launched I did have a chief financial manager within the company, but she had to resign. So I've been trying to handle it on my own and.." he makes a crazy face. "It's just not as easy as I thought."

"Right." I chuckle. "Ok. Well here's what I can do. If you provide me with your financial records, I will walk you through the application and see if we can get you approved."

I shot him a friendly smile.

"That would be great Candice, Thank You."

"Not a problem, but I must inform you that due to the initial denial, your application has been flagged as fraudulent. However, don't be alarmed." I laugh. "We can fix this! But I will need to send your application to the Boss Lady in order to get you approved." I inform him.

He squirms in his seat before giving me an awkward smile.

"Ok. Thank You."

***
I spent nearly 45 minutes revising his application before it was presentable for Royalty.

"Alright Mr. Vets," I staple the necessary documents to the back of his application. "I just need your signature here and I'll get that sent over for you."

I hand him a pen after marking the designated area for his signature.

He scribbles his signature and slides the documents back to me.

"Jessica, this is Candice. Are you available?" I call for Royalty's assistant over the walkie talkie.

"I'm here, Go ahead." She responds.

"I need a verification from Boss Lady. Is she in?"

"She's out on an early lunch with Mr. Heights." She refers to Rashad.

"Ok. Do you know when she'll be back?" I ask.

The line was still for a minute.

"Jess?"

"Oh! My bad." She laughs. "She should be back in 15." She confirms.

"Perfect." I nod as if she could see me. " I'm gonna send the client to the waiting room. Can you go grab him when she's back?"

"Will do." She agrees.

I hand his driver's license back before gathering the documents again.

"Alright, you can follow me." I say leading him to the waiting room across the hall.

"Oh this is sweet." He admires the space.

I laugh a little.

"You're gonna need to meet with Mrs. Heights, she stepped out of the office, but you can just wait here. Someone will be back to get you when she's ready."

"Thank You."

I leave him there, sliding his paperwork in Royalty's drop box, before heading back to my office.

***
Rashad's P.O.V

It was around a quarter to three. Me and the lady had just got back from our "lunch".

Royalty checks the time on her bust down Rollie.

"Remind me to never take a early lunch with you again." She laughs, reapplying her red lipstick in the elevator mirror.

"Yeah aight," I laugh. "What they don't know won't hurt 'em luhv." I wink at her reflection from behind.

She shakes her head in another fit of laughter.

"You know what," she says, turning to face me.

"What's that?" I look down at her with a smirk grabbing another hand full of her hips.

She smiles while running her finger nails through my freshly combed beard.

"My lipstick looks good on you." She wipes my face clean with her thumb.

I throw my head back, laughing obnoxiously.

"Relaaaax."

The elevator dings and the doors opened to the welcome center.

She sighed like she never wanted our lil moment to end.

"Alright," She wipes imaginary dust from my suit jacket. "Gotta make my rounds." She said.

"Go 'head then Boss Lady!" I cheer her on.

Her hips swayed to the click of her red bottoms as she stepped onto the marble floors.

I tuck my bottom lip between my teeth, rubbing my hands together as I watched her walk away.

"Yeah that's me right there." I gloat to myself.

I readjusted my cuff links before heading back up to the tower.

***
The elevator dings again letting me off across from my office.

I tapped my key card to open the door.

I take a glance out the window admiring the city.

Feels pretty good being on the top.

I clear my throat, reeling in my focus before taking my walkie talkie off the charger. I tune back in to the security channel.

Before I can clip it on my hip, it beeps drawing my undivided attention.

"Aye Boss Man, this Mike." One of the guys call.

"What we got?" I prepared for protection.

"We got a little dude roaming around on level 2."

I scratched my itching chin.

"Any idea where the parents are?" I ask.

The walkie beeps before he laughs over the speaker.

"Uh. I believe he's yours sir." He said. "He's with me right now. At the booth."

"I'm on the way."

***
I rushed off the elevator hoping not to get caught by Royalty.

I finally make it to the security booth.

"Uh! Ooohh." Power hides behind his little hands.

"He ain't do no damage." Mike informs me.

I chuckle.

" 'Preciate it." I shoot him a head nod before turning my attention to my kid. "Come on, Chunk."

***
I knocked on Candi's door a few times. Power copied.

"Hey, what's goin' on?"

I let myself in.

"You wanna explain to me why my son gettin' scooped up by security when he supposed to be at daycare?"

Power pries his hand out of mine and plays with the fur on her office chair.

She stood there looking dumbfounded.

"Helloooo!?"

I snap my fingers.

"I'm sorry." She says. "Daycare was closed and I didn't get the notice until the last minute."

"What?" I fold my eyebrows.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mean to attack her. I'm proud of Candice and the woman she's becoming. But when it comes down to Power, she just ain't figured it out yet. And that's wack.

I swipe the tip of my nose with my thumb.

"Whatchu mean you ain't get the notice?" I ask. "You ain't get it or you wasn't checkin' for it?"

She folds her arms.

"Come on Rashad, please. Not today."

"Whatchu mean not today!?" My voice got a little pitchy. "You know Royalty woulda put her foot up my ass if she caught him runnin' around this damn buildin' like a loose poodle!"

She rolls her eyes.

"Ok Rashad, I don't know what you want to me do. He was with Tyler." She refers to the janitor.

I wrinkle my face.

"Bro what? You left my son with the janitor Candice!? He got a job to do!" I semi snap. "Why you ain't communicate with me!? I coulda called my moms! Duh!"

"Alright! I'm sorry!" She snaps back.

She sized me up.

"Im tryin' Rashad, but everybody can't be the perfect mom like yo precious peach." She threw shade at Royalty.

Here we go with this.

I shake my head in disbelief.

"Whatever man." I fan her off. "Take him home."

"Ok Rashad."

I prepared to make my exit.

"Tighten up on yo shit, C."

***
Royalty's P.O.V

I finally finished my routine check in at each department. All I wanted to do was pack up and go home.

"Mrs. Heights!"

Jessica stops me in the hall.

"Hey Jess, what's goin' on?" I ask, growing tired from the day's events.

"Candice had a guy who needs to meet with you. Something about an app verification."

We walked and talked.

"Oh." I check the time on my watch. "Let's make an appointment."

I try to squeeze my way out of it.

She tightened her teeth.

"You're booked for the rest of the week."

"Great." I roll my eyes. "Is he still here?"

"I believe so." She says.

"Well," I tap my key card. "Send him in."

"Right away."

She leaves to retrieve the client.

I sighed, checking my drop box for the paperwork.

Before I could even read the document a familiar voice calls me to attention.

"You pretty busy these days." He said inviting himself in my office.

For a moment it seemed as though the walls started to cave in on me.

I look up from my desk.

"Marcel?"

***
______________________________

Sorry for any errors💕

Don't forget to vote💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50 11 25
NOTE: I will add chapters everyday. Violet, an African American teenager, has never gotten along with her white step mother Abigail. Violet blamed h...
32.1K 743 29
Just Read it😂
51 24 19
A girl goes through various emotions as she tries to make it through a hard life, where everyone she knows either betrays her or hurts her physically...
1.6K 609 124
Notes on Coming Of Age and stuff.