JRWI tings :P

By totally-bones

heyooo i havent used this app in a while- i'm just really here to get out my ideas on things i'm hyperfixated... More

Howdy
No.1
No.2
No.3
No.4
No.5
No.6
No.7
No.8
No.9
No.10
No.11
No.12
No.13
No.14
No.15
No. 16
No.17
No.18
No.19
No.20
No.20 (alternate ending!)
No.21
No. 22
No. 23
No.24
No.25
No.26
No. 27
No.28
No.29
No.30
No.31
No.31 [Part Two]
No. 32
No.33
No.34
No.35
No.36
No.37
No. 38
No. 39
No.40
No.41
No.42
No.43
No.44
No. 45
No. 46
No. 47
No. 48
No. 49
No. 50
No.51
No. 52
No. 52 (pt.2)
No. 53
No.54
No.55
No. 56
No.57
No.58
No.59
No.60
No.61
No. 62
No.63
No. 64
No. 65
No.66
No. 67
No. 68
No. 69
No. 70
No. 72
No. 73
No 74
No. 75
No.76
No. 77
No. 78
No. 79

No. 71

126 3 4
By totally-bones

//Riptide Campaign :D

**VERY MINOR SPOILERS FOR EPISODE 90!!**

I mention a thing that happens in the episode very briefly, so minor in that way but it is a major like... event? Idk man just- if you haven't seen ep90 and you dislike spoilers then please be wary! <3

This is a request from hercega !! (sorry for the delay in getting to your reqs, ;-;; ) (And for not tagging you originally holy shit-)

I've been trying to finish drafts but life keeps getting in the way TwT

I LOVE JAY FERIN SO MUCH SHE IS MY WORLD I LOVE WOMEN- EVERY TIME I WRITE HER IT MAKES ME SO INCREDIBLY HAPPY--

ANYWAY ONTO WHAT THIS IS ABOUT PFFT-

Basically, Gill gets injured in some fight, and he goes to find Caspian for help, but he's been affected by some kind of spell or curse that prevents any magical healing abilities from working so it's down to good ol' fashioned tending to injuries >:)

Just what all the gays ordered-

THIS ENDS KIND OF ABRUPTLY BUT ALSO KINDA NOT? IDK I THINK IT ENDS CUTE- BUT IF IT NEEDS A MORE RESOLVED ENDING I CAN TOTALLY DO THAT PFFT-

TW// descriptions of injuries, Gill starts to spiral a lil so anxious thoughts,

(If there are any others please lemme know <3)

-----------------

Gillion hadn't been one hundred per cent on the plan Chip had come up with, which was pretty much the case most times Chip came up with a plan, but either way, confident or not, Gillion knew that the way things were going had to be a deviation from the brunette's original idea.

The plan, from the triton's understanding, was supposed to be a quick exploration of a minor island, an island rumoured to hold some kind of treasure or artefact (if he was honest, the 'reward' didn't much strike his interest, but it seemed to spark excitement for Chip and Jay, so Gillion played along). To be fair, the trio didn't do much looking into any possible existence of lore or even if the island was inhabited. To cut through any unneeded suspense; the island was in fact inhabited. The inhabitants were very much a group of thieves and rogues.

Normally, a surprise like this wouldn't be much of a problem for the pirates. But this was not a 'normal' predictable ambush, of which Gillion, Chip and Jay had come across a surprising amount of times. Gillion had sensed a tug of arcane energy as soon as he had gotten even remotely close to the island, the feeling only growing as he and his companions ventured deeper into the island. Jay had mentioned feeling it too, though Chip was quick to link their feelings to the treasure, insisting that the treasure must be the source of this powerful energy, which then supposedly meant it was much more valuable than they originally thought. Again, to save any unnecessary suspense; the treasure was not the source of the arcane energy Jay and Gillion had sensed. It very much stemmed from the group of thieves and rogues.

Gillion had figured it would be a very familiar fight, sure, they were outnumbered, but they had been multiple times during their adventures, and this would be no different. Though, the triton's perspective quickly shifted the moment he felt himself get hit by that familiar arcane energy, his own magical abilities feeling instantly weaker, causing his body to feel lethargic and heavy. Hit after hit, Gillion felt each cut of a dagger, each punch bruising his skin, and every bit of damage he took felt like it had been increased tenfold. It felt so much worse in fact, he attempted to heal himself, something he was always hesitant to do in the middle of a fight, especially if he had not checked over his friends beforehand. Though when he attempted to draw upon his magical abilities to cast Healing Word or Cure Wounds, it had completely no effect at all.

In spite of this disadvantage, the pirates still found themselves victorious. Chip, who was now panting and cleaning his blade, looked over his two co-captains, relief replacing the worry that painted his expression. Jay, doing a similar sweep of her companions, lingered while looking at Gillion, seeing how much more hurt he seemed to look. Physically, he didn't seem weaker, he still had his typical build, muscles still as they usually looked. There wasn't anything in particular that screamed Gillion was weaker, per se. Rather, that same arcane sensation lingered around Gillion, even after their opponents had been taken care of. Jay knew that this was abnormal of magic, that if a spellcaster or the like had placed an effect on someone, it should dispel as soon as the caster either exceeded the time limit of the effect or if they died before the spell naturally dispelled.

"Gill..? Are you feeling okay?"

Jay's voice was scratchy, understandably so after a fight. It caught Gillion's attention, which had been captured by nothing in particular.

Gillion looked himself over. Cuts, bruises and other minor injuries covered his body. He hadn't donned his armour, only wearing his sleeveless turtleneck and baggy cotton trousers. He hadn't been mortally wounded, he wasn't going to faint or blackout. He hadn't been hurt all that much. Gillion knew this for a fact. So then why did his body ache? Why did those minor injuries hurt so much more than they should? Stinging turned into a numbing sensation, and bruises pulsated and challenged the triton's heartbeat, which had accelerated from the adrenaline of the fight.

"Gillion?"

Jay's voice once again pulled Gillion from his mind, looking to the redhead to see growing concern, along with Chip's puzzled expression as he stood next to Jay.

"I-I am fine! Sorry, I... I just feel strange, I suppose. I don't... I think maybe I was hit by a spell or... or something? But I don't know why I still feel like it is affecting me."

Gillion watched as Jay nodded. Of course, he should have figured Jay had come to her own conclusion far before he had even thought of what was wrong. She was very smart.

"Yeah, you... You have that same arcane feeling we felt around you... Are you gonna be okay to get back to the ship? I don't think we should stick around here, we don't know if there'll be any other guys on this island-"

"Woah, woah woah- Hang on, Sureshot, that's a great call and all but what about the one reason we came here?! You remember what he heard? 'Treasure valuable enough to make-'"

Before Chip was able to quote the phrasing the three had heard to describe this treasure, something he had done a few times now, and frankly, Gillion was glad he was interrupted, Jay spoke.

"We can get it later! Besides, I was sceptical about it anyways. Y'know the fact that there was a group, possibly other groups, of people either protecting this treasure or trying to get their hands on it as well? I'm almost completely confident it was a trap of some kind. So, before we get ourselves killed, let's head back."

Jay watched Chip process her logic in real-time, and it was amusing enough to nearly break her serious demeanour. Seeing Chip put his mind into double time to figure things out was never not funny.

"I do have to agree with Jay, Chip... Not that I had much care for this treasure as you do, but I don't feel... great- I'd appreciate it if I could get rid of this effect as soon as I'm able to... I really don't feel like getting another curse-"

Chip looked from an amused Jay to an awkwardly smiling Gillion, who was clearly apologetic for speaking up in disagreement with Chip's wanting to carry on. Chip looked back to Jay, who seemed to already know his answer, which annoyed him more than actually confessing his decision.

He spoke after exhaling a long, exaggerated sigh, "Then what the hell are we still doin' here, huh? Treasure can wait. C'mon idiot, let's figure out what's wrong with you." Chip started walking, patting Gillion's arm as he passed him, making a conscious effort to avoid any injuries that littered the paladin's upper arm. Jay followed after Chip, a content and smug smile on her expression, nodding as a gesture to get Gillion to walk with her, which he did happily enough.

During their walk back to the beach of the island, Jay had attempted multiple times to heal Gillion's injuries, starting with the strongest Healing Word she could offer, and ending with the weakest Healing Word. All attempts resulted in failure, Gillion only shaking his head to Jay, silently telling her there had been no effect. Chip took notice of the two, seeing Jay's growing frustrations and Gillion's injuries remaining untreated. To fill the silence, Chip decided to try his hand at lifting their spirits.

"Hey, look. We'll be back at the ship in a second. Maybe Lizzie's got some healing potions or... other fancy shit that can get rid of whatever's messing with you, Gill. Jay, you'll get way uglier if y'keep stressing yourself out like tha- OW WHAT THE FUCK!" Chip's jabs at Jay had been interrupted by Jay kicking the back of Chip's leg, making him lose balance and fall onto his face, a mixture of sand and dirt scruffing his already dirtied face and clothes. Jay, on the other hand, started to cackle, clearly proud of her success in quieting Chip.

Gillion grinned amusedly at his two co-captains, walking and stopping until he stood in front of Chip, offering a hand to help him up. "You seem to have fallen over, Chip."

"Shut the hell up, Tidestrider."

Gillion waited until Chip put most of his weight into Gillion as he tried to get up, and once he did, Gillion let go of the brunette, causing him to fall once again, this time landing on his back. A pained groan made Jay look back, her laughter growing as she saw a grinning Gillion walking away from a defeated Chip.

As the two walked away from the brunette, all they heard was a quiet and begrudging, "Okay, I deserved that."

Caspian had spent most of his morning with Elizabeth. She had initially brought him in to discuss different ideas of plans for her war against the Navy. She had only thought of a few actual plans to go forward with this, so when Caspian had listened to those select ideas, Elizabeth had spent the rest of their time talking about anything she could think of. Mostly complaining about how her efforts seemed to be in vain, and that any new information she gained from other pirates she had recruited into her plans, the information usually became useless if they didn't act on it immediately. Any flaws in the Navy's plans seemed to be rectified and even fortified, as if the Navy could hear every informant's piece of news, fixing their lack of observations or mistakes before Elizabeth could take advantage of them.

Now, Caspian cared about Elizabeth. She was his captain, he held a lot of respect for her!

But she did complain a lot.

And it was only in confidence between the two of them that Elizabeth complained like this. Which was unfortunate, because Caspian definitely didn't mind sharing Lizzie's complaints with someone else. Anyone else.

Thankfully, after a few hours of sitting opposite of his captain, an excited calling of a young voice caught his attention, and more importantly, Elizabeth's.

"Huh. Guess they're back. C'mon, we should see how worth it that fake story of fabled treasure really was." Despite her tone, Caspian noted the fond smile that graced her lips before her expression fell into the typical neutral countenance she bore.

Making their way across the deck of The Crescent Moon, they caught sight of an excited Ollie waving exaggeratedly down at three small figures approaching the Albatross.

Elizabeth scoffed quietly, a grumbled murmur following after, "Kids are so noisy."

"I'm almost certain you used to be a noisy kid yourself, captain." Caspian's tone never usually shifted from his typical airy and teasing tone, and right now was no exception. He earned a half-hearted glare from Elizabeth, making him raise his hands in feigned surrender. "I only say that to help put things into perspective. Don't let your being stressed as of late affect your otherwise very charismatic and bubbly personality." Caspian now earned a genuine glare from his captain, making him chuckle and hurry across the plank of wood that connected the two ships, an annoyedly muttering Elizabeth following behind him.

By the time Caspian and Elizabeth made their way onto the deck of The Albatross, the captains of said ship had also boarded, allowing the two visiting pirates to see the scruffy state of all three co-captains.

Before any of them were able to offer any kind of greetings, Ollie rushed up and hugged Chip, catching him off guard. Caspian took this as a chance to make his way toward his triton friend, seeing how roughed up he seemed to be, but before he did, he muttered to Elizabeth.

"If you do end up interacting with Jay in any way, please play nice?"

"Just go and talk with your fish before I make you push our ship again, Cas."

Caspian searched desperately for any sign Elizabeth was joking, but felt his appendages ache in sympathy when he realised she was in fact not joking, hurriedly muttering a nervous, "Understood, Captain!"

Gillion watched as a nervous Caspian came up to him, but that nervousness was quickly replaced by his normal friendly expression. "Gillion, my friend! How are you doing? You look like you've been on quite the adventure?"

Before Gillion was able to say anything, Jay cut in, shooting a quick apologetic look to Gillion for her interruptions, "Actually I was wondering if you or Lizzie had any kinds of potions? We ran into trouble on the island, some assholes that were protecting this probably fake treasure, or at least people that fell for the same story Chip did." Jay felt annoyed eyes burning into the side of her head, knowing this glare belonged to Chip, but she didn't care. She didn't count herself as gullible since she remained sceptical. "We felt some heavy arcane energy when we got close to the island, and it seemed to come from the same guys that attacked us, but... even after we dealt with them all, Gill still seems affected somehow... We were hoping you guys had something to get rid of it?"

Caspian listened intently to Jay's explanations, every so often glancing to Gillion, who seemed preoccupied with looking over his injuries, wincing as he poked a bruise or attempted to dab a cut that was bleeding more than others. He hadn't lost a significant amount of blood by any means, but understandably, he was bothered by the knowledge that he was bleeding all the same.

"Unfortunately, if you weren't able to identify the kind of spell or... whatever was put on Gillion, I don't think I can be of much help... What are the results of being under this spell?" As he asked this, Caspian specifically looked at Gillion, seeing how the query got his attention.

"Oh! Yes, I... Well, I can't heal myself... Jay tried as well, multiple times in fact. Healing Word, Cure Wounds... whatever we tried didn't work. That and these minor injuries seem to hurt more than they should. I don't believe any extra damage was added along with the spell, but it does bother me a little." Almost as if to prove his point, Gillion grimaced as he ran a hand across a particularly dark spot on his shoulder, deep blues and purples blotchily 'decorating' his skin.

"I see... Well, if healing through magical means is useless, then until we can figure out a way to free you of this curse, we'll just have to fix you up the old-fashioned way! I doubt infection is something you'd want to deal with at the moment?" Caspian gave a small grin, and it grew as he watched Gillion annoyedly shake his head. "Well in that case, if you'd like, I can fix you up! I was going to offer to do some training with you since we haven't done that face-to-face for some time, but this is more important."

Gillion seemed to hesitate. "I-I should be fine to tend to my own injuries, Caspian! Though I am grateful for the offer! I uh- I've done it many times before, I'm a natural!"

Gillion was nervous. He wasn't a very subtle guy. Caspian watched as his nervousness grew once he realised his water genasi friend wasn't convinced. "I say this with love, Gillion, but you're a pretty heavy-handed guy. There's no shame in accepting a helping hand..! Please, it'd be my pleasure to help you."

Caspian watched Gillion hesitate once again. Thankfully, Jay was tired of seeing her co-captain give such a pathetic display, covering his mouth before he could refuse Caspian's offer. "He'd really appreciate your help, Caspian, he says thank you." Jay's tone was tired but clearly fond. Caspian simply smiled and nodded.

"Then I will gather some supplies to help you. I'll be below deck when you're ready, my friend. Though I don't recommend procrastinating, I do fear you'll develop infections." And without much else said, Caspian made his way below the deck of The Albatross.

Once out of sight, Gillion slowly turned to face Jay, who sported a smug grin and a raised eyebrow.

"You are a very invasive person, Jay."

"No, I am a very helpful friend who's sick of seeing you being a literal fish out of water around pretty people."

Gillion narrowed his eyes. He was not a fan of the pun. Or the truth behind Jay's words.

"I do not like you."

Jay chuckled and sighed, rolling her eyes at Gillion's dramatics, "Go get yourself fixed up, Gillion-"

"Fine." Gillion huffed, dramatically huffing repeatedly as he reluctantly made his way towards where Caspian had gone, stopping and returning back in front of Jay.

"Gill-"

"I did not mean it when I said I dislike you."

Jay couldn't help the fond expression that came over her, a snicker escaping her while nodding to Gillion. "I know you didn't buddy."

"Okay, good. Now I will go."

Gillion made his way down to where he would find Caspian. Upon finding him, Gillion watched as Caspian finished getting everything he'd collected, which seemed to be wraps of cloth and a bowl of water. Gillion also noted some thread, assuming there'd be a needle accompanying it. He wasn't sure if he had any cuts or injuries that'd require stitches, but he also wouldn't put it past himself. He was very accident-prone.

Caspian turned, sensing a presence behind him and offered a warm smile to Gillion, motioning for him to take a seat in front of him, a chair having been set out for him.

Gillion hoped his hesitance and reluctance of accepting Caspian's help didn't come across as rude or showed a lack of trust in the water genasi's ability to tend to injuries. That was not the case. In fact, he was confident that Caspian would handle every wound, no matter how small, with impossible delicacy and care. It was more so that Gillion found that the act of caring for another's injuries was quite... intimate. Back in the Undersea, whilst he trained under the Elders, any injuries he received, of which there were many, were always dealt with alone. Edyn used to help him with wrapping up cuts and scrapes, adding different ointments and the like to bruises and sore areas, but when she was unable to visit, it was up to Gillion to fix himself up. Years of doing that for himself, of always keeping quiet concerning pain while he was training, it had become his normal routine. He didn't enjoy it, but it had become comfortable. Of course, he would have to wait until training had concluded to fix himself up, to use any type of healing on himself was seen as a weakness or selfishness. Gillion found himself hesitant to use his magic on himself, to always use it for Jay, or Chip... to use it on someone more worthy of healing magic than himself. He was supposed to be able to handle the weight of being The Chosen One, he was supposed to be able to deal with a little discomfort.

What's a small stab wound, a small cut or a broken bone for the sake of The Prophecy?

"Gillion? Are you alright, my friend?"

Caspian's soothing tone cut through the noise of Gillion's mind, causing him to focus, seeing Caspian growing more and more concerned from the lack of any type of response.

"Yes! Yes, I'm okay. Sorry, busy mind." It wasn't a lie, technically. He did have a busy mind, and other than the wounds littering his body, he would class himself as 'fine'. Caspian didn't seem convinced, but he also didn't argue Gillion's reassurances. Finally taking a seat in front of Caspian, Gillion watched as his friend looked him over, a studious expression taking over him. He knew none of the wounds were severe, he had definitely been hurt worse in past fights. But despite the lack of severity, Gillion watched as Caspian took a conscious effort to be gentle with any contact made. He didn't take much offence to the careful nature of Caspian's movements, though he did want to insist he wouldn't break under a bit of pressure. That he wasn't fragile. Gillion knew Caspian probably didn't mean to imply any of that in his actions.

"You said that these hurt more than they would normally?"

Gillion's attention was pulled to the question, and it made him wonder just how long he had been watching Caspian's hands.

"Y-Yes. I... When I was hit by the spell, which is what I am assuming this is, I... I felt weaker. I was unable to deflect attacks that I would be able to do with ease... The cuts sting more than I feel like they should, and the bruises pulse harder than I've felt before." The latter of his explanations wasn't necessarily true. Gillion had, for sure, felt bruises give heavy thumps before. His mind was once again brought back to his earlier years, back at the training grounds. He had been hit particularly hard by a Navy officer, receiving a hard punch to the gut, knocking the wind out of him as well as sending him back against a wall. For the next week, he was left with a bruised rib, familiar dark purples and blues blotching across the affected area of skin.

Gillion came to the conclusion that he severely disliked being put into a weaker state, most of the sensations and emotions felt during this state bringing him back to times he'd rather forget.

"Well, I'm sure you'll be back to your normal strength soon enough, Gillion. I hope you don't mind my noticing, but you do seem a little more... distracted. Is something bothering you? Other than recent events of course." As Caspian spoke, he brought a wetted cloth to Gillion's arm, warm water running down the length of his arm as Caspian carefully patted the area. Gillion felt the numb ache of a fresh bruise being aggravated, as well as the stinging of a long cut that more or less crossed through the middle of his bruise.

"I... I wouldn't say it's bothering me, I-"

"I definitely would. You're tense and you keep blanking on me. Come on, you can trust me."

A few seconds passed before Gillion spoke again, knowing well enough that a subject change wasn't what Caspian was hoping for. But it was all Gillion seemed to offer for the time being.

"I never asked you, how is Captain Elizabeth doing..? She's still concerned with plans for this upcoming war?"

Caspian tried to hide the disappointment he felt at Gillion's changing topic, smiling softly at the triton before nodding, "Yes. Well, understandably she's become a little stressed. Our informants' news, each time recently, has come up too late. Each time we hear of a flaw or hole in the Navy's plans or defences, they seem to have been fixed before we can make advantage of them. I did try to ask her to play nice while I'm here with you, but I suppose we'll see how that goes. If I'm honest I don't have my hopes up about it. She hasn't gotten much rest, so small things keep getting to her. She'll get through it though, if Lizzie is anything, she's stubborn. Not the type of woman to let obstacles get in her way for long."

Caspian finished cleaning the wounds exposed by Gillion's sleeveless turtleneck, checking over a final time before speaking again, "You haven't been injured anywhere else, have you? Your torso, ribs...?" Checking him over once was enough to see minor tears in Gillion's shirt, and Caspian knew that if it wasn't for the black colour of the shirt, he'd see dark blue staining the areas surrounding those tears. But given Gillion's unusual demeanour, Caspian figured it'd be better to ask either way.

Gillion knew Caspian wasn't stupid. And that he could see that yes, he did have injuries across his torso and ribs; and being the honest triton he was, Gillion had no choice but to give a begrudging nod. Caspian smiled at this, either from amusement from Gillion's almost childish disinclination or as a silent thank you for his cooperation nonetheless. Whatever the reason for the smile, Gillion couldn't ignore a strange fluttering in his chest at the sight.

Carefully taking the sleeveless turtleneck off, Caspian now saw mostly bruises across Gillion's body. The hit of arcane energy accompanied by relentless hit after hit caused Gillion to be clearly more vulnerable. Giving a sympathetic wince, Caspian once again grabbed the warm cloth, starting to clean the scattered cuts and scrapes.

"I hope this isn't how you leave every fight you encounter."

Caspian's tone had shifted from his usual airy inflexion to a more sincere, concerned one. That fluttering only persisted within Gillion's chest.

"Of course not..! W-Well, sometimes, but mostly no. I would like to think I'm a little stronger than that, what with all of the training I've been put through." Gillion hoped Caspian couldn't find that awkwardness that was so very clear in his voice. The nervousness caused his words to come out shaky. If he did notice it, then he didn't mention it, which Gillion was very thankful for.

"Strength means more than withstanding injury or undergoing multiple training sessions, Gillion. It comes in many forms, you know?"

Gillion did not know. Strength had been a concept he had known of for as long as he could remember, alongside Destiny, Bravery, Responsibility and, of course, Prophecy. All of which seemed to coincide with the ideas of strength. To be responsible, you must be strong enough to hold that weight upon your shoulders. To be brave, you must be strong enough to face off against evil. To fulfil your destiny, you must be strong enough to overcome any of those who stand in your way. To fulfil the prophecy, you must be strong enough to die for the prophecy or to kill those who would see the prophecy come to ruin.

Strength had always meant to withstand injury. To not complain when he got injured. It always meant making a choice. A choice that Gillion never truly understood as he was never given the full picture.

Gillion had spent his entire life allowing The Elders' teachings to shape his perspective. If Gillion was not strong in the way he believed strength to mean, then what was he? Did that make him weak? Had he failed at yet another part of his training?

Before he could feel himself spiral any more, he felt two hands grab his shoulders, somehow avoiding the spaces where he had been hurt. It was enough to pull him back into the present, now face to face with a truly worried-looking Caspian.

"Gillion, you're shaking... Have I said something to upset you?"

The way Caspian said his name was with such care, such genuine worry, it almost hurt Gillion to hear.

"I... I'm okay. Sorry, I... It's not important." Caspian's hold of Gillion's shoulder tightened ever so slightly. "Really, Caspian, I'm alright. I'm sorry for worrying you..."

Caspian didn't let go, and something in his eyes told Gillion he'd stay this way until he was told what was wrong.

"Your... Your definition of strength. It is... vastly different from mine. It's different enough that I worry I am not as strong as I believed I was after all. And if that's true, then... then I will not be able to protect those I care about, and I have failed yet again."

"I see..." Caspian trailed off, releasing his hold of Gillion's shoulders. Gillion felt the grounding feeling of Caspian leave his shoulders, and almost rolled his eyes when he realised he missed the sensation. Though he didn't have to wait long until he once again felt Caspian's touch, his hands taking ahold of Gillion's, making him meet his eyes. In those eyes, he found a fondness, watching as that expression softened his features, a kind smile gracing his lips. "Well, I don't know a lot about your definition of strong, or what you were taught about what it means to be strong... But if it is any consolation, and I do hope it is, you are still strong in my definition of the word. Sure, physical strength plays a part, as it usually does in most things, but I like to think true strength comes from the heart. And you, Gillion Tidestrider, are truly the strongest of hearts I have ever met. And if that makes you a failure in your teachings of strength, then I'm not so sure if it was a pure definition to begin with."

Caspian's words were soft, almost a whisper, as if what he was saying was made for Gillion's ears alone. As he spoke, that fondness never faded, in fact, it only grew with each sentence. Caspian's thumbs gently brushed against Gillion's hands, creating a new feeling of grounding that Gillion had started to miss.

Gillion never broke eye contact with Caspian, afraid that if he did, this moment would end, the fluttering in his chest increasing tenfold would cease, and he'd be left with that uncomfortable awkwardness he had felt when he came to see Caspian earlier.

"And in terms of protecting those you care about... Strength plays such a minor part in such a major effort as protection, especially when you love as resolutely as you do. You are a selfless and brave man. I have complete faith in your abilities. Gillion, I have no doubt, when it comes down to it, that you will be successful in protecting those you love. "

Without skipping a beat, Gillion responded, his voice no longer shaky and nervous. He spoke with soft confidence, his tone the embodiment of a promise.

"You are included within that too, Caspian."

Gillion watched as Caspian processed his words, a blue flush of colour painting his cheeks before he smirked. "You ought to be careful, Gillion. If I didn't know any better, I'd say that sounded almost like a confession."

A soft smile pulled at Gillion's lips as he took ahold of Caspian's hand, now having essentially reversed the position of their hands from a few seconds ago. Taking his hand, Gillion brought Caspian's knuckles to his lips, pressing a gentle kiss to them before returning his hand to his lap.

Caspian didn't need any words to understand the meaning behind such an expressive gesture. He could tell all he needed to know from the blush creeping across Gillion's cheeks, matching Caspian's. He could tell from the repressed giddiness behind Gillion's smile.

A small chuckle bubbled from his chest, now sharing Gillion's giddiness as he ran a hand through his hair, pushing back small strands of white that fell in front of his face.

"Let's finish getting you fixed up, hm? Before we become too distracted. Hold still, my love."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

829 1 12
This is mainly Sokeefe but there's also some other stuff. These are my older ones and I started a newer book where I actually try. Feel free to read...
37.1K 662 35
in this not trashy os book (suure) you shall be paired with the actuallyoddplan and melodify member/s (if any of the members listed want me to take t...
23.4K 830 24
[Please read Book 1: Once Upon a Summer before reading this, so you would understand. Thank you.] Last summer was quite a ride for you. You met Matt...
53.8K 1K 58
used to be called but you said you love me but I realized this book is about him. read my story about a group of guys from the internet. ...