Tʜᴇ Mᴀғɪᴀ Aɴᴅ Hᴇʀ Bᴏᴅʏɢᴜᴀʀᴅ (...

By Angie_Reader

The daughter of the Mafia, Kai, is assaulted by an enemy. In that process, she meets Paris - A young woman wh... More

Synopsis (Updated!)
Prologue - The Encounter
Chapter 1 - The Beginning
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10💋
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16🔞
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21💋
Chapter 22
Chapter 23💋
Chapter 24
Chapter 25⚠️
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30🔞
Chapter 31
Chapter 32💋
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36🔞
Chapter 37
Chapter 38💋
Chapter 39
Chapter 40💋
Chapter 41
Chapter 42⚠️
Chapter 43⚠️
Chapter 44⚠️
Chapter 45⚠️
Chapter 46⚠️
Chapter 47⚠️
Chapter 48⚠️
Chapter 49💋
Chapter 50
Chapter 51⚠️
Chapter 52
Chapter 53🔞
Chapter 54
Chapter 55🔞
Chapter 56💋
Chapter 57
Chapter 58⚠️💋
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61💋
Chapter 62🔞
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65⚠️
Chapter 67⚠️💋
Chapter 68⚠️
Chapter 69⚠️
Chapter 70 - The Finale
Epilogue - Special Ending
Special Announcements
New Book: Saving the Daughter of the Mafia (Book 2)

Chapter 66⚠️

627 29 3
By Angie_Reader

Author's Note: There will be Violent/Gore/Triggering Content in this chapter. You have been warned ahead.

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

The resounding gunshots echoed repeatedly outside of the mansion of the major family, alarming all the bodyguards that were inside of the house. Kai was notified about the incident almost immediately, and she was by now fully aware of it.

The confrontation between the two families was a foreseen event that was expected to happen sooner or later, and Kai was prepared for whatever was about to come next. Turning back was never an option.

No matter how weak the major clan was becoming these days, she was ready to face the enemy head-on today. She was determined to win the battle no matter how difficult it will get. The major family will end up succeeding in everything at the end, winning will always be their fate. This idea made her even more determine to fight.

An incomprehensible aspiration to obtain power lead to violence. And the violence lead to a bloodshed. Fresh blood splattered everywhere, painting the walls and the floors of the mansion. The minor clan had already managed to enter the house and were now fighting mercilessly.

The main target here was Kai, but to be able to get to her, the minor clan will have to first get through all the bodyguards that were shielding her. It would take some time for them to finish the job.

Everyone in the scene was wearing a bulletproof vest that protected their chest, abdomen and back. The only way that they could harm each other was by shooting towards the arms, legs, and the head, which would instantly kill the person.

This is the reason why markmanship skills were always a must in every training. Knowing how to shoot a gun properly leads to a higher chance of surival in a war. If one didn't know how to do something as simple as this, then they were screwed.

A shot after another shot continued to reverberate inside the mansion. Bodies from both the major and the minor clan collapsed to the ground, scattering the floors with pools of crimson blood. It was a horrifying scene to witness.

After clearing up the first floor, the minor family proceeded to go to the second floor where more bodyguards from the major clan were waiting for them to get there.

*DING*

The doors of the elevator opened slowly with the sound of a bell. Venus walked forward, getting out of the elevator with eight burly bodyguards surrounding her, shielding her from any bullet that might be sent to her.

In her hands, she held a powerful shotgun, which she was already holding up, her finger curving around the trigger, and without hesitating, she began to fire every opponent that got on their way. The bodyguards protecting her did the same, blowing off their guns in every direction.

As they fought with one another, something abruptly came to Venus' mind, distracting her for a brief second, but her bodyguards continued to shield her with their big and strong bodies.

Venus recalled in that moment the words that she had told to Paris yesterday: "If the chaos begins, then I will make sure to protect the person I love. I will not let anyone hurt Pearl. I will give an order to the bodyguards of my family, warning them that if they lay a finger on her, then I will make them suffer."

This caused Venus' heart to unsettle. How could she forget about that? She needed to warn everyone about it before it's too late. If something were to happen to her beloved one on this day, then she won't forgive herself for the rest of her life.

"HEY! EVERYONE! LISTEN UP! IF ANYONE HERE DARES TO HARM PEARL, I WILL NOT HESITATE TO BLOW UP YOUR HEAD. I DON'T CARE IF YOU ARE FROM THE MAIN OR MINOR FAMILY, YOU WILL BE DEAD MEAT FOR SURE! JUST WATCH!" Venus shouted as loud as she could, for everyone to listen, she then raised her shotgun again and fired it madly, killing nine bodyguards from the main family at once. Every bullet landing on their heads, legs, and arms.

Venus was quite impressive and unpredictable.

The rest of the bodyguards from the major clan that were still alive were all left stunned by this and they did their best to avoid getting close to Venus after that. They knew that they couldn't compete with someone like her. The only thing that they could do was fight her bodyguards, but her? It was almost impossible. She was too powerful for them!

The bodyguards from the minor clan knew who Pearl was. She has been working for the main family for quite a few years already and she was also known for her devotion with that family. It would be strange for them not to know her at all.

When they heard Venus say that, even though they were curious to know the reason why they couldn't harm someone like Pearl, who will only get in their way, they still didn't ask Venus any questions about it and obediently followed her commands. If they couldn't touch Pearl, then they wouldn't.

In that exact moment, another person arrived to the scene. It was Kai. She had finally come. She came from the stairs that led to the third floor above them. There was ten bodyguards shielding her. One of them was Pearl, who was standing in front of her with two other male bodyguards. Kai was being so well-protected, and this infuriated Venus.

Pearl had spotted Venus not that far away from them. Her heart started to pound rapidly, like if it was about to burst out of her chest. She couldn't deny how much she loved that woman. Venus was the owner of her entire being, but her duty right now was to protect her boss at all cost. Thinking about this was already making her anxious. She didn't want anyone to get hurt out of this. She was stuck in such a difficult situation.

Venus was staring at Pearl with those penetrating emerald eyes of hers. She was also feeling restless but she couldn't allow that to distract her from the main purpose why she was here. She needs to stand firm and not show any weaknesses in front of Kai.

Pearl gulped down dryly before raising her gun, aiming it towards the burly bodyguards that were protecting Venus. She was preparing herself to send the first attack but she realized something odd in that instant.

The bodyguards from the minor family were ignoring her, and were only pointing their guns to the other bodyguards from the major clan. She couldn't get to hear what Venus had said earlier and she had no clue of what was happening. She felt really puzzled, not knowing what all of this meant.

The battle soon resumed again, and the bodyguards were starting to move around the house. They seperated to attack. Gunshots resonated in the air and more blood spilled on the ground.

Even though nobody was attacking Pearl, she still needed to fight, and therefore she proceeded to fire her gun towards different directions, successfully killing one of the eight bodyguards that were shielding Venus. There was only seven more left to go.

Kai was now hiding behind a large counter that was located in the center of this floor, shielding herself from the bullets that were being sent at her. Two male bodyguards from the main family were by her side, and Pearl was also close to her to protect her.

"AAGHH!"

One of those bodyguards that were with Kai got shot on one leg abruptly and he let out a painful groan, falling to the ground. Pearl heard him and quickly pulled him back behind the counter, saving him from getting shot again. "Are you okay?!"

The bodyguard nodded while holding his bleeding leg tightly, "Yes, thank you Pearl."

"Don't mention it. Just be careful." Pearl told him with a warm tone of voice but her expression was serious. She was sweating, and the stress was becoming worse.

Venus hid behind a pillar. She recharged her shotgun before peeking out again and fired more bullets towards the bodyguards that were protecting the target.

She couldn't wait to shoot Kai on the skull. She wanted her dead. She was so close. Venus was standing really close to Kai. The pillar was a few feet away from that counter. She only needs to aim properly and the job will be done. Her eyes squinted. Finger curling around the trigger. This was her chance!

*BANG! BANG!*

Venus' eyes widened, and she quickly dodged the two bullets that were about to hit her on the shoulder. Shit! That was so fucking close! Who the fuck did that? Venus turned around to see who the person was and she couldn't be more surprised.

The person who had just arrived was Paris!

Holy shit!

Where did she come from?!

Kai saw her and her heart couldn't help but to flutter in that instant. She couldn't believe her eyes. Did Paris really come back? She was not hallucinating, right? But why was she protecting her?

Was Paris siding the minor family or the major family?

Kai wasn't sure.

But she wanted to know.

Paris was swift with every move and she was killing a lot of bodyguards at once. She shot at least seven in a row. Running and dodging at the same time. She was outstanding like always! No wonder that she used to be Kai's head bodyguard. Paris is really good at this.

The bodyguards she shot were from both clans. Two from the minor clan and five from the major clan. She didn't seem to be siding neither of them, but she had clearly protected Kai just now. Who was she siding then? Paris was making things more confusing for Kai right now!

More bodyguards from the two families joined the scene. Some of them going up the stairs while others using the elevator. The whole mansion was in a complete chaos. It was a disaster. More deaths took place. More blood painted the floors and walls red. Things were slowly getting worse for the two clans.

Paris observed the bodyguards closely from behind a pillar. Waiting for the right moment to make a run and take Kai with her to the third floor where there was less danger right now.

The bodyguards were busy fighting with one another while Kai was standing alone behind another pillar that was close to the elevator. Paris didn't waste this opportunity and dashed towards Kai as fast as she could. She grabbed her by the wrist and was about to drag her to the elevator but Kai pulled her back behind the large pillar.

"What are you doing?" Kai asked her with both of her brows knitted together.

Paris looked up at Kai and replied, "I'm taking you to the third floor. It's getting too messy here."

They were both breathing heavily. The adrenaline was increasing and the scent of  the rusty metallic blood mixed with gunpowder was horrible.

Paris noticed the glare that Kai was giving her and she proceeded to talk again, "If you're thinking right now that I'm the culprit, then please think again and open your damn eyes. I didn't poisoned your father, Kai. No matter how much resentment I have towards him, at the end, I can't kill him because I care for you. I'm not a heartless person."

"I know that. You wouldn't dare to do such a malicious thing." Kai responded.

Paris wrinkled her brows at this. "Then, who do you think the culprit is?"

Kai let out a low chuckle before saying through gritted teeth, "My uncle."

Paris pondered for a moment and answered, "Your father told us yesterday that your uncle was the one who killed my parents. I don't know if I fully believe in it, but if it's really true, then it wouldn't be surprising for your uncle to poison him. He probably didn't want to get exposed."

Kai nodded, agreeing with her and then proceeded to ask, "Can I ask you a question?"

Paris assented her head, wondering what Kai wanted to ask her. She glanced around, making sure that nobody was near them. Getting distracted right now would be too dangerous. They can get attacked at any moment. Hurry up, Kai! We don't have all day! Ask the question already!

Kai swallowed the dry saliva that was stuck in her throat before opening her mouth again to speak. "On whose side are you on?" There was a brief pause in her words, causing the tension between them to slowly pile up. "If you are with the major family, then there's no reason for me to doubt you. But if you are with the minor family..." Kai suddenly lifted her pistol, placing it on Paris' forehead. "...then you're my enemy." She finished her phrase with these cold words.

Paris' heart dropped. She couldn't breathe at all for a few seconds. She was so shocked by this and was not expecting this sudden shift of events. She quickly raised her own gun too, pointing it towards Kai.

They both stared at each other intensely. Frowning at one another. Their fingers curving around the trigger of their guns. Hearts thumping rapidly. There was too much tension. Too much. It was staggering.

Paris gulped down before breaking the silence between them, "I'm not on the major family's side..."

Kai furrowed her brows even further.

"I'm also not on the minor family's side."
Paris lowered the gun that she was holding.

Kai perked a brow, observing every movement of hers closely, with full alert.

"But I'm on your side. And I'm willing to sacrifice my life for you." Paris was being really sincere. She spoke from the bottom of her heart and Kai could feel it too.

Without wasting anymore time, Paris quickly grasped Kai's wrist, pulling it down and dragged her away by force, reaching the elevator.

Venus was able to see this on time and shouted loudly, "Hey, Kai! You!— Come back here!"

The doors of the elevator had already closed by then.

⊰᯽⊱┈──╌❊╌──┈⊰᯽⊱

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3M 178K 77
Nobody ever loved him; she was the first who loved him. He did not have a family and then one day she entered into his life and became a world for h...
1.6M 90.4K 86
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
7.7K 317 30
Karlnap my beloved Karl is 15 and hadn't had an amazing life. This is his 3rd time with a different foster family this year, he isn't hopeful about...
35K 1.2K 30
Kotori and Umi were childhood friends, and when they were younger they both promised to get married with one another. However, they were separated af...