Shards of Twilight

Av C0ffee041

Shadow lost her once, and now he's lost her again. And this time, nothing is going to get in his way. Gang wa... Mer

One
Two
Three
Five
Six
Seven: The Introduction

Four

114 6 0
Av C0ffee041

AN/: Here's chapter 4. I am trying to just distract myself now. This chapter will be longer than the previous ones, but I will keep it short and simple.

Also, I am working on a proper cover for this, so that way it will not be the lame text only.

*~*

Today was a lazy day. Nothing was in store for Mordecai. All he wanted to do-

No.

All he was going to do was lay in bed all day and relax. Not a care in the world, with nothing to worry about.

Twilight was having completely opposite day. She was doing a double at her waitress job and would not get out until much later. He had offered her to come over afterwards, but still was not sure if she would arrive. It had been about a week since she dumped that emo boyfriend of hers.

Mordecai didn't feel guilty about it. It wasn't like they did anything. Well, anything too crazy, that is. He wasn't sure what all she told Shadow, or what all he knew. But it'd be a lie if she told him they didn't steal a few kisses from one another.

He did feel guilty for something else, though.

Benson.

He attempted to break up with him, it wasn't like he didn't try. It wasn't like he was purposely leading him on. He was going to break up with him. Honest. But he chickened out. Mordecai never considered himself as very confrontational, he considered just ghosting Benson instead of talking to him in person. Now, he wished he did just ghost him. That's what he gets for trying to be a mature adult about it. He bought himself with another month to come up with a game plan. What's the game plan? Ghosting him.

Mordecai had no intention of meeting Benson in one month. He had no intention of ever seeing him again. He was just waiting for the perfect moment to block him on every social platform imaginable and spending the rest of his days with Twilight Sparkle. He hadn't spoken to Twilight about it yet, but he was thinking about moving in with her.

It was the perfect plan. Move in with Twilight, then block Benson on everything. He wouldn't be able to just show up to his home unannounced when he inevitably figures out Mordecai had freezed him out of his life. It was almost too perfect.

Mordecai readjusted himself in his bed and began flipping through channels.

Suddenly, he heard a feint banging sound. Mordecai scoffed and rolled his eyes. Must be his upstairs neighbors fighting again. They got into frequent arguments, and it wasn't uncommon for Mordecai to hear the occasional sound of glass shattering.

"Another reason to move out of this junk pile..." he mumbled to himself as he continued to mindlessly change channels.

The banging grew louder and louder. Mordecai turned the volume up, drowning out the sounds of his neighbors never ending arguments.

Suddenly he heard a loud crash coming from his living room.

Mordecai leapt out of his bed and rushed towards his bedroom door before tearing it open. As soon as he stepped out, he was met with the sight of Benson standing in his doorway-or, what was left of one, at least.

"Benson! What the hell?!"

"Oh, hey Mordecai. How are you?"

"Dude, Benson, what are you doing? You broke into my apartment!"

"I wanted to talk."

"So, you broke in?"

"Uh...yea? How else was I supposed to get in? You've been ignoring me."

Mordecai paced back and forth in the living room. His hands placed on either side of his face. Benson casually sat down on the couch with his legs crossed.

"So, what do you wanna do tonight?"

Mordecai snapped his head in Benson's direction.

"Are you serious right now, Benson?"

"I'm trying, Mordecai. Okay? I'm trying to make this relationship work."

"By wrecking my fucking door?!"

"It wasn't like you gave me any other option, Mordecai."

"Oh my God."

Mordecai went back into his room, ignoring Benson's prying questioning. He came back out a few seconds later, phone in hand.

"I'm calling the cops."

"What?"

"And you're paying for my fucking door."

Benson stood up suddenly and lunged towards Mordecai in attempts to grab his phone. Mordecai dodged him, causing Benson to land on the coffee table, breaking it in the process.

"You're paying for that, too!"

Ignoring Mordecai's comment, Benson quickly got back on his feet and tried to once again take his phone.

"You're not calling anyone!"

Benson was now on top of Mordecai, desperately trying to reach his phone.

"What the hell!?"

Benson and Mordecai both froze and turned their heads to the direction of the voice.

"Twilight!"

Mordecai pushed Benson off him, holding his phone tightly in his grasp. He looked down at it and was met with the horrifying sight of it broken beyond repair.

Shit.

Twilight couldn't know about Benson. Mordecai sat frozen still for what seemed to be an eternity. His mind racing at lightspeed trying to come up with an explanation that wouldn't expose him.

"Twilight, I need you to call the police."

Mordecai watched as a flash of worry washed over her face. Without explanation, Twilight quickly pulled out her phone and dialed nine-one-one.

Benson hastily jumped from the floor and charged at Twilight. Both crashing into the wall behind her. The room shook from the impact. Benson, now after Twilights phone, struggled to release it from her grasp.

Before Mordecai could have the proper reaction, a tall and orange figure appeared in his doorway. He recognized her as Applejack, his upstairs neighbor.

"What is going on here?!" Applejack gasped at the scene taking place in front of her.

Benson, not yet aware of Applejacks presence, kicked Twilight in her shin, causing her to briefly release her phone. Mordecai watched as it fell into his hands. Thinking quickly, he chucked his own broken phone at Bensons head.

Benson grabbed his head in pain, and while distracted Twilight came up behind him and pushed him into the floor. His head shattering on the corner of the coffee table.

Applejack, Twilight and Mordecai watched in horror as broken glass spilled on to the floor, and gumballs rolling to their feet.

"Oh my God!" Applejack shrieked, running to Benson's body.

Mordecai hurried to Twilight's side.

"Twilight! Are you okay?" He asked worriedly.

All Twilight could do was nod her head. Her eyes were wide and in shock.

"We need to call someone..." She eventually said in a hushed tone.

Mordecai met her eyes. She wasn't showing any emotion.

"Don't worry about that. I'll take care of it."

Mordecai and Twilight looked over at the sudden words from Applejack.

"what?"

"Just don't ask any questions. The less you know, the easier it will be." Applejack said, not looking at them.

"You'll need somewhere else to say while we get this mess cleaned."

"But what about-"

"I said not to worry about any of that. I'll fix your door and I'll take care of the body. There will be no police involved, and neither of you will need to ever worry about this. Got it?"

Mordecai nodded quickly.

"Good. Now you two hurry and get out of here."

~*~

The emotion Applejack was experiencing was unlike anything she ever felt before.

After yet another fight with Rarity, Applejack left their apartment to get her mind off it.

Applejack couldn't talk to anyone. The information she held was extremely confidential. And the only person she could talk about it to, hated her.

Rarity was a gang member.

And not just any low life gang member.

She was nothing but loyal to Spongebob and his gang. The Wild Ones were ruthless and held human life at an exceptionally low value. Applejack couldn't even remember how she ended up in a relationship with her, or why she was still in it.

That was a lie. She knew exactly why she was still there. She knew too much. The second Rarity reported her relationship status, Applejack would be hunted down and killed.

Applejack would often wonder about how her life used to be before. Before she met Rarity. Before she unwillingly became affiliated with one of the most infamous gangs in history. Before she and Benson broke up.

She was the one to break up with him. She regretted it the moment it happened, but she knew it was for the best. She simply felt like she couldn't give him what he needed. What he deserved. She didn't feel she deserved him. So, she let him go.

She walked silently in the musty hallway. The wallpaper was peeling, and the carpet was ripped in some spots. Just as she reached the final stairway to her warm and loving home, she heard a loud crash from the opposite direction.

Fully aware of her stupid decision, she ran towards the sound.

Nothing could've prepared her for what would happen in those few moments. Those few life changing moments would follow her until the day she died. Before she could comprehend what was going on, Benson was suddenly falling to his death.

Applejack knew she had to react very carefully. She knew the next few seconds could alter her life in ways unimaginable.

She told them to leave, and that she would take care of it. She quickly fixed their door and left to find Rarity.

"WHAT?!"

"I know, I know, but Rarity...it was her."

"You mean...?"

"Yes. If they had gotten the police involved, Spongebob would have no chance of getting her. I did it to help you."

That was also a lie.

She was aware of SpongeBob's current pursuit of Twilight. She didn't care. She knew Spongebob and his gang possessed the technology to heal people beyond death. A few years ago, there was a massive gang war between The Wild Ones and The Mario Bros. Applejack wasn't entirely sure how it started. She had heard many different stories of it, and it was one of the few topics Rarity was very hush hush about. She did know though, that it started when he stole Power Moons and Super Stars from The Mario Bros. A Power Moon could heal Benson. It could bring him back. All she had to do was convince Sponge (or Rarity to) that it was worth his while.

Fortsett รฅ les

You'll Also Like

698K 15.6K 44
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
348K 15.1K 39
เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ hidden, various hazbin hotel characters x female reader เชœโ€โžดแกฃ๐ญฉ ๐‘ฐ๐’ ๐’˜๐’‰๐’Š๐’„๐’‰ we follow an angel named y/n, who had her bes...
1.1M 50.6K 96
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
767K 46.7K 112
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...