CLAIMED BY THE ALPHA

由 princessreign297

All she ever wanted was a normal life. But Caden is anything but normal. Unmated, unmatched, and the Alpha of... 更多

STAY
ALL OR NOTHING
THE RIVAL
FALLING FOR ME
FAMILY REUNION
NOT AGAIN
TRAITOR
SLEEP WITH ME
MY POWERS
THE TRUTH
A WHOLE NEW WORLD
ONE OF US
🌶️BURNING DESIRE🌶️
AMBUSH
🌶️OUT OF THE ASHES🌶️
STRONGER TOGETHER
🌶️NO ESCAPE🌶️

LET ME IN.

1.3K 37 24
由 princessreign297

ARABELLA'S P.O.V

 "Don't make me do this". My hand shakes around the hilt of the knife, slick with blood as he pressures me to go on. He is silhouetted by the rising sun, he's bound before me like a sacrifice...damaged, but still beautiful.

I step closer to the altar, the train of my wedding dress dragging like a weight behind me.

"I can't." I breathe out.

"You have to. Do it, Arabella."

I meet his golden eyes which glow and pulse with power as I press the blade to his throat.

"I'm sorry." I choke out.

30 DAYS EARLIER.

Unlike other girls, I lead a different life. I have no family, no money whatsoever. All I have to my name is a black belt in martial arts. Maybe today will be different. Maybe today will be a start of something new and exciting for start as because I'm turning 21 today.

"I'm so sorry Sarah."

"Don't apologize birthday girl. That was a damn good hit." My best friend Sarah works her jaw where my fist connected harder than intended.

"No, I shouldn't have gone all out. We were just loosening up after class." I reason after the fact I punched my best friend.

"Where do you get that strength from? Were your parents Vikings or something?"

I can't help but laugh a little before saying, "Well, actually alien warriors. Dropped off to earth to save the human race. How's that for an answer?"

"I'll say that's a lot better than the real story. You know, joining a cult and landing you in foster care." She flings her bag over her shoulder and frowns.

"I'm sorry I brought it up on your birthday. That's stupid of me" Her words sting a little considering I don't know who my parents are but I force a smile.

"It's okay, I never knew them anyway. Now, I'm out of the system, I'm allowed to drink... being an adult rocks. I'll catch you later. Have a good night." Sarah waves goodbye, and I finish locking up.

As I move to grab my coat, a massive bang halts me in my tracks and the front door flies off its hinges. 

Against the haze of the rain stands the chiseled outline of a man.

"Finally. I found you." The man says as he slowly, deliberately moves into the light like an animal appearing out of the darkness. He's dressed in blue bad boy jeans, a black leather jacket covering his buff body with a white T-shirt underneath it. His hair is slightly wet from the rain outside.

"I should have known I'd find you in a place like this." The stranger laughs softly as he touches a punching bag making me stiffen.

Who is this guy?

"I'm sorry, sir, but the dojo's closed."

"I'm not here for a lesson." He says and just that second, lightning strikes, illuminating his lean muscles and sharp, feral eyes trained on me and damn he's sexy as hell.

Snap out of it Arabella. You know what to do in situations like these. Just politely ask him to leave and if he doesn't comply then it all comes to plan B.

I straighten myself to my full height and stare the man down." Maybe you didn't hear me. The dojo's closed. Please leave." I insist.

He smirks haughtily instead, his dark smile both fucking stunning and aggravating all at once.

"Or what"? He retorts.

"Or I'll make you." I confidently bite back praying to the gods my voice didn't come out a trembling mess because of how intimidating the man is. But I can't give him the satisfaction of noticing that. But luck is never on my side now is it?

He widely smiles saying "I'd like to see you try."

Okay, that's it. Plan B it is.

His eyes widen a fraction as I went all in with a fierce right hook but he dodges my attacks with fluid ease as if he is dancing with me and he has the audacity to laugh infuriating me further.

"You've got spunk; I'll give you that, Arabella." My name smoothly rolls out his tongue.

What!? How the actual fuck does he know my name?

"Who are you and how the hell do you know who I am?" I'm not trying to be rude or anything but it's only logical to ask right?

"The name's Caden. And I'd know you anywhere. You are my mate after all." His strange words hit me harder than the lightning cracking overhead.

"You...your mate? What is that supposed to mean?"

"It means you are mine and vice versa." I can only scoff at his response.

"Uh... Does that line usually work for you? Coz it sure as hell doesn't work on me."

He lets out a bark of laughter, maintaining his cocky composure.

"You'd be surprised how many women would love to be called my mate. But that honor lies solely with you, Arabella. You are my mate and you are coming with me. Right now". He orders.

"Oh, happy birthday, by the way."

I've had enough of this bullshit. I decide to bolt for the door instead because I know even with my martial skills I can't beat this guy and I can no longer associate with the crap he's talking about. But before I could reach the door, two more enormous men stand in my way. 

That's when I start to panic.

"So. This is her. " One of the two buffy men in a brown leather jacket confirms.

"This bitch doesn't look like much, does she, Beau?" The other counters.

Uh, did he just call me a bitch!? I am not taking this shit right now. Before I could come up to my own defense, the tanned man named Beau beat me to it.

"Remember our orders, Erik. You can't hurt her."

"Me. Hurt her? If anything we should be afraid of her..." The other guy who is Erik speaks only for Caden to jump in.

"She's no threat to you. Just hurry up and take her." He orders.

Soon after, a chorus of haunting howls drift in through the smashed entryway and Caden's eyes darken.

"We don't have much time."

This is ridiculous. They're actually trying to kidnap me.

Oh my God!

They are kidnaping me.

Jesus, when I said today would change my life, I didn't mean this path of life.

I take a step back as they surround me. Automatically, my hands curl into fists as I prepare myself for the worse to come because these men are fucking with the wrong girl. But taking a good look at the men and the dangers about to happen, I know my martial skills are of no good considering how Caden thought I was a fuzzy little cat so I come up with the second best idea. I channel my inner actress inside and put on a fake wobble in my voice and pretend to shake.

"Wait, please, I didn't do anything! I'll give you anything, please just let me go."

"You're a coward aren't you, little one?" Erik chides before he gives me a kick and I stumble forward, putting myself closer to the doorway.

"Makes sense. Cowardice is in your blood." He huffs.

In my blood... who does this guy think he is and who does he think I am?

It doesn't matter anyway. I just need to get a little closer to the door and make a run for it. I crawl away but Erik kicks me in the stomach hard making me wheeze, knocking the wind out of me.

"Hey. What did I just say about hurting her?" Caden growls shoving Erik back with a vicious glare making him bow his head begrudgingly.

"I'm sorry, Arabella. Not everyone appreciates that fire you have." He apologizes as he holds out his hand for me. His once sharp eyes now tinged with concern. "Here, let me help you."

I stare at Caden's open palm which strangely is steady and radiating a strange warmth even in the cold. But instead of thinking how I want to have his hands wander my body, I see an opportunity.

An opportunity in how open and relaxed he is.

An opportunity to trick him and escape.

Hiding my true intentions I reach out and place my hand in Caden's and as soon as my palm touches his, I could feel electricity coursing through my veins

What the...

A coursing shock passes through me and everything fades away except for Caden and he feels it too. He gasps for breath as his fingers close over mine.

"Uh, what the fuck just happened?" Because I've lost count of how much this night has already gotten out of hand.

"You...and I..." Caden begins.

Time stands still as we stare at each other, my hands pulsing as though we share a single heartbeat.

Wait, what? No. I can't get distracted by him and... whatever this is. I still need to get away and now that I have his hand, I'll just get loose with my self-defense trick.

"Thanks for helping me up." I play along.

"Right. Of course." He responds snapping out of whatever the hell that was.

As soon as he starts to pull me up, I twist free and throw a punch at his jaw eliciting a laugh from him.

"You pack quite the left hook little one." He says fixing his jaw.

"If you think that's impressive check out my cardio." Without another word, I turn on my heels and bolt out of the building.

Finally outside, I race through the pouring rain proud of myself for manning up and escaping what could've turned out to be a kidnapping.

But, not far behind, the sound of pounding footsteps hot on my tail makes my heart skip a beat as I increase my pace.

"Nice try. You can't run from us kid." Beau catches up to me.

Damn you men and your long legs.

My eyes dart around as I frantically strategize. I have to get away from this madness. I take a long breath, turn on my heels and face my pursuers making their eye widen.

I dart past them, doubling back and making my way out the gate of the dojo and making my way out of the gate and to a side alley which leads home. 

Easy.

Or so I thought.

I skid to a halt when I find Caden already there, right in front of me blocking my path.

"How did you beat me here?" 

"Look. I'm not trying to hurt you." His sighs. His eyes almost glow in the darkness as he moves closer. My body immediately reacts to his proximity as if lit by a match.

"Arabella..." he begins but I cut him off mid-sentence.

"Don't say my name like you know me." I bite back.

"Oh, I know more than you think." He challenges.

"Oh really? Like what?"

Challenge accepted.

"Like who your parents really are."

What he says piques my interest. I freeze at his words staring him down in the pouring rain.

"You're mistaken." I say trying not to let him affect me by his knowledge of my parents.

"There's no mistaking you Arabella. Or where you come from." He goes on.

I open my mouth to demand answers but a sharp blow from behind steals my words and darkness consumes me whole.

In the black haze, a dream surfaces. The same dream I've had since I was young. The smell of smoke and blood. The crackle of flame. Someone screams my name.

"Arabella!!!"

"Arabella." I open my eyes wincing as the lights hits me only finding myself laying in a comfortable bed I don't recognize.

"Good. You're awake." He lets out a sigh of relief.

"Where... where am I." I bolt up only to groan at the dizziness it causes.

"Try not to move." Concern laced in his voice.

Caden comes to focus and just as he sinks down on the bed beside me, he reaches for me and I jerk away from him.

"Don't touch me or I'll scream." I snap my neck back before he can get too close making him stop his movement.

"It's okay. You're safe."

"Says the guy who kidnapped me." I retort.

"Believe it or not, I'm trying to help you. You were in trouble out there." He reasons.

"What is it? What's so dangerous about my normal life? Huh!? The occasional zit? Taxes? I've got nothing in my name why would anyone in their right minds want to do anything with me." I burst out.

"Your life is far from normal Arabella." Caden's voice lowers an octave and he leans over the mattress, reaching for me again and I pull back again.

"Would you hold still for a second?" He lets out a little too harsh.

Caden lifts his hand and It's only then that I see the bag of ice he's holding.

"That asshole Erik kicked you hard in the ribs. You're bruised pretty badly." He says, his voice stone cold.

"What?" I rise my hand to my torso where Erik kicked me apparently and sure enough, it stings.

Alarmed, I move to get up again only for Caden to stop me.

"Whoa, easy there. Let me take a look." His voice soft this time.

"I don't need your help." I deadpan. It's his fault I'm in this mess.

"Maybe you don't. But this is my fault." Frustration from both my stubbornness and for the fact that he is the cause of the pain I'm feeling right now is evident in his voice.

"I need to make sure you're okay. Please." After a long pause, I nod. Caden eases me back into the bed and sits next to me.

I know I shouldn't be thinking this in the situation I'm in but I can't help wonder why I feel the heat radiating off of him whenever he's close.

He raises my shirt up just enough to expose my bruised ribs. He brings the ice close.

"Stay still." He warns.

My breath catches in my throat at the frigid contact but Caden holds the ice steady. Slowly, the pain begins to ease.

"Can I keep going?" He carefully whispers low and serious, his eyes meeting mine beneath dark lashes.

"You should stop." I'm not sure if I can hold myself if he keeps on with this. I nervously take the ice pack out of Caden's hand. I press the ice to my ribs watching Caden's reflection in a nearby window. His eyes never leaving mine.

"So, uhm... where am I exactly?" I ask uncomfortable with the silence.

"At my estate in the mountains, far from town. Far from danger."

"Funny. The most dangerous thing I've come across is sitting right here." I don't miss his grin.

"That wasn't a compliment." I correct.

"I know. And I know tonight was a...surprise. But if I hadn't taken you, he would have."

"Who would've?"

"Your father..."

His words hit me like a punch at the gut. I shift uneasily on the mattress.

"That can't be true. I've never known my father. He wouldn't just randomly turn up now. Besides, how am I supposed to trust you? You and your gang kidnapped me, remember?"

Caden rises off the bed and for the first time, I get a sense of just how tall he is.

"Tell me, what do you know about your family?"

"My parents were...members of a cult and I landed in foster care because of it. That's about it." I wince at the memories of being passed from home to home, abused, constantly afraid and lonely.

"My father never wanted me."

"Oh, your father wanted you. Still does. But not for some cult sacrifice. The whole cult thing was bullshit. Your father is a shifter, Arabella. And not just any shifter...he's the Alpha of my rival pack."

The word shifter rattles strangely in the back of my mind, both foreign yet familiar.

"He's what?"

"A shifter. A person born with a wolf gene. A person who can transform. A person just like you."

What Caden says sounds ridiculously insane. I get off the bed and back towards the door, confusedly shaking my head.

"I am so sick of these lies. I'm getting out of here." 

"We are miles away from town and for the last time, I'm not lying to you and you know deep down who you are...what you are."

Caden takes a step closer towards me, his gaze razor-sharp observing me like a hawk waiting to catch it's pray.

"You're a shifter. On your 21st birthday, your powers awaken. You are old enough to be claimed to be an Alpha's mate."

"Claimed!? None of this makes any sense you know that don't you?" I let out a nervous laugh.

Caden steps closer, his presence bearing down on me like an anchor. I glance at the door planning my escape for the nth time today.

"Claimed mates make their Alphas strong and the last thing your father wants is for me to get stronger." I shake my head, judging how many steps it would take for me to escape.

"NO. I won't be "claimed" by anyone. I'm sorry, but you've got the wrong person."

Shoving past Caden, I make a beak for the door but as quick as I take a step forward, Caden catches my wrist. Once again a searing flame rockets through my body and Caden's. We both gasp as everything around us fades away leaving only the two of us in stark focus.

"What's happening?" Fear is evident in my voice.

"I thought I was the only one who noticed it."

Releasing my wrist, Caden flexes his fingers and looks at me with genuine shock.

"It's rare. So rare that I thought it was a myth. But... we must be true mates Arabella."

"For the 100th time tonight. What the fuck does any of that mean!?"

"You're not just my mate. You're bonded to my soul. You are born to be mine above anyone else."

"So we're like soul mates? Oh, that just sounds like more made up garbage."

"How could I be making this up? We both saw what happened before us. I know you are in denial but this is hard to deny."

Not giving room for further argument, Caden suddenly grasps my hips and presses me back against the wall. The heat radiating from his body combined with his touch is like gravity against mine. Impossible to deny nor resist as he pulls me closer. Pulling me home.

"Don't tell me you don't feel this. Don't tell me you don't feel the tether between us." His voice dangerously low.

"Caden..."

Hearing his words and feeling his hands on me all melt like honey beneath my skin that I can barely stand it.

"What is this? What's happening?"

"We're one. We are soul mates. And together our power could be limitless. Can't you feel it? Please tell me you can feel it." He pleads resting his forehead against mine.

Caden takes my hand and moves it beneath his shirt. The smoothness of his skin's touch turns electric that I feel my skin hum with charged power. Then I see it again... the glow in his eyes, unnaturally bright. Like magic.

"Feel me Arabella." Caden guides my hands up underneath his shirt. My fingers brushing against the hard ridges of his stiff muscles and it takes everything in me not to tear his shirt into pieces and this piece of candy. But I quickly snap out of it. I let my eyes drift down his broad chest.

"I...I can't!" I jolt away from him, my body still hot from his touch. His eyes suddenly widen, glowing brighter, turning a brilliant shade of molten gold.

"Wh...what?" He staggers, his body tensing and curling in on itself. His skin ripples like boiling water darkening and shifting as he begins to grow in size.

"What the...?"

Caden groans in pain as he doubles over as his clothes rip and his bones crack. In place of his handsome face is a long snout and razor-sharp teeth. Finally Caden once stood a powerful black furred wolf now towers over me. His onyx fur ripples in the moonlight like liquid night. His eyes glint a bright gold just as fierce as when he was human. And then it all hit me.

Oh my God. It's true. He's really a...werewolf.

The wolf is still unmoving and I'm unsure if I'm safe or if he's about to pounce. I make a bold choice. Barely breathing, I take a slow step forward, tentatively reaching my hand out calling up to him.

"Caden?" I touch the wolf's thick fur taking a sharp breath in. He closes his golden eyes and leans into my touch almost like he's submitting to me and just as he turned into a wolf, another ripple, another breath, and Caden, fully human, takes the wolf's place, naked and bracing himself on all fours and I can't help but stare.

His eyes are wide, his breathing labored as he stares at me in what can only be shock.

"That's never...I've never transformed against my will before. What did you do to me?"

"What did I do!? You just...." I stop mid-sentence after suddenly hearing the same chorus of eerie, distant howls from the window.

"What was that?"

"Fuck." Swearing under his breath, Caden struggles to his feet displaying all of himself.

"Raphael." Someone bangs on the door soon after saying the name. Caden quickly throws on some spare jeans and unlocks it and Beau walks in.

"Caden, what the hell? Did you and her just...?" He asks.

"Yeah. We bonded. And he must have felt it. Warn the others." The man gives a short nod and leaves.

"What's going on? Are we under attack?"

"Your father. He isn't just any shifter Arabella." He walks over to the window, his fists balled into tight fists that his knuckles turn white.

"Raphael is the most dangerous, powerful Alpha anyone has ever seen. He lives to torture and kill. And now, his daughter is the true mate of his sworn enemy. His rival Alpha. Me."

"What does that mean?"

He turns back to me, eyes burning and icy all at once.

"It means he's coming to kill you." His words sent a cold chill down my spine.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

769K 17.8K 47
Mia is a sassy girl and a werewolf with an honest heart and, she lives with her father and her older brother, her father is the beta of her pack, Sil...
933K 30.8K 42
Highest ranking - #1 in Werewolf #2 in Attraction "Damn Bella, why the hell are you so stubborn?! You are my mate and if I want to mark you, I will f...
37.2K 703 18
*Formerly known as Omega's Brother on my other account* Isabelle Smith was ranked an Omega at a young age. She was treated worse than the others. She...
1.9M 48.9K 46
Today's the day I'm supposed to find my mate. He was the most gorgeous guy with black hair and blue eyes that was the color of the ocean. He smiled a...