๐ˆ ๐‡๐€๐“๐„ ๐˜๐Ž๐”, ๐ˆ ๐‹๐Ž๏ฟฝ...

By sofifics

Since Big John's disappearance, June Routledge decides to come back to Outer Banks after a while of not being... More

๐ˆ ๐ก๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ, ๐ˆ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ.
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐Ž๐ง๐ž: ๐๐ซ๐จ๐ฅ๐’๐’ˆ๐’–๐’†.
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ. ๐๐ž๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ง๐ข๐ง๐  ๐Ž๐Ÿ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐Œ๐š๐๐ง๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ.
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ: ๐–๐จ๐ซ๐ฌ๐ž ๐“๐ก๐š๐ง ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‡๐ฎ๐ซ๐ซ๐š๐œ๐š๐ข๐ง๐ž.
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‘: ๐–๐ก๐ฒ ๐’๐จ ๐’๐ž๐ซ๐ข๐จ๐ฎ๐ฌ?
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ’: ๐–๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐–๐ž ๐–๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ .
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ“: ๐”๐ง๐ž๐ฑ๐ฉ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ž๐.
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ”: ๐‘๐ฎ๐ง๐ง๐ข๐ง๐  ๐€๐ง๐ ๐‡๐ข๐๐ข๐ง๐ .
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ•: ๐‚๐ซ๐š๐ณ๐ฒ ๐„๐ง๐œ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ฌ.
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ–: ๐ƒ๐จ๐ง'๐ญ ๐๐ซ๐ž๐ญ๐ž๐ง๐ ๐ˆ๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐…๐ข๐ง๐ž.
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ—: ๐€๐ซ๐ž ๐–๐ž ๐’๐ญ๐ข๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐…๐ซ๐ข๐ž๐ง๐๐ฌ?
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ: ๐Š๐จ๐จ๐ค๐ฌ ๐Ž๐ซ ๐๐จ๐ ๐ฎ๐ž๐ฌ, ๐‚๐ก๐จ๐จ๐ฌ๐ž ๐Ž๐ง๐ž.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ: ๐๐ซ๐จ๐›๐ฅ๐ž๐ฆ๐ฌ ๐Ž๐ฎ๐ญ ๐Ž๐Ÿ ๐Œ๐จ๐ซ๐ž ๐๐ซ๐จ๐›๐ฅ๐ž๐ฆ๐ฌ.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘: ๐”๐ง๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฎ๐ง๐š๐ญ๐ž ๐„๐ฏ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’: ๐‡๐จ๐ฐ ๐“๐จ ๐‘๐ฎ๐ง ๐…๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐Œ๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ ๐Œ๐š๐๐ž.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“: ๐„๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ๐ฒ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ง๐  ๐†๐จ๐ž๐ฌ ๐–๐จ๐ง๐๐ž๐ซ๐Ÿ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฅy ๐–๐ซ๐จ๐ง๐ , ๐€๐ ๐š๐ข๐ง.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”: ๐€๐Ÿ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐„๐ฏ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฌ.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•: ๐‡๐จ๐ฐ ๐“๐จ ๐‘๐ž๐ฌ๐จ๐ฅ๐ฏ๐ž ๐“๐ก๐ข๐ฌ?
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–: ๐‹๐จ๐ฌ๐ญ ๐€๐ง๐ ๐…๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—: ๐“๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ: ๐‡๐š๐ฉ๐ฉ๐ข๐ง๐ž๐ฌ๐ฌ ๐ƒ๐จ๐ž๐ฌ ๐๐จ๐ญ ๐‹๐š๐ฌ๐ญ ๐…๐จ๐ซ๐ž๐ฏ๐ž๐ซ.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ: ๐–๐ก๐ฒ ๐ƒ๐จ ๐๐ž๐จ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ž ๐ƒ๐จ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐“๐ก๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ ๐“๐ก๐ž๐ฒ ๐ƒ๐จ?
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ: ๐”๐ง๐ฅ๐จ๐œ๐ค๐ž๐.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘: ๐‡๐ž๐ฅ๐ฉ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐๐ž๐ž๐๐ž๐.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’: ๐€๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ซ ๐‡๐ข๐ญ ๐‡๐ž๐ซ ๐‹๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐€ ๐๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐ญ ๐ˆ๐ง ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐๐š๐œ๐ค.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“: ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‘๐ฎ๐ง๐š๐ฐ๐š๐ฒ๐ฌ ๐€๐ง๐ ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐‡๐ข๐๐๐ž๐ง.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”: ๐„๐ฌ๐œ๐š๐ฉ๐ข๐ง๐ .
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•: ๐–๐š๐ฒ ๐ƒ๐จ๐ฐ๐ง ๐–๐ž ๐†๐จ.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–: ๐†๐จ๐จ๐๐›๐ฒ๐ž๐ฌ.
๐€๐œ๐ญ ๐“๐ฐ๐จ: ๐‡๐ข๐ซ๐š๐ž๐ญ๐ก.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—: ๐–๐ก๐ž๐ง ๐ˆ๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐œ๐จ๐ฅ๐ ๐ˆ'๐ ๐ฅ๐ข๐ค๐ž ๐ญ๐จ ๐๐ข๐ž.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‘๐ŸŽ: ๐“ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ซ ๐“๐ซ๐š๐ฎ๐ฆ๐š.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ: ๐‹๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ง๐ข๐ง๐  ๐…๐ซ๐จ๐ฆ ๐Œ๐ข๐ฌ๐ญ๐š๐ค๐ž๐ฌ.
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ: ๐€ ๐๐ž๐ฐ ๐€๐๐ฏ๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž ๐’๐ญ๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ฌ.

๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ: ๐‚๐ฅ๐ข๐ฆ๐š๐ฑ ๐Ž๐Ÿ ๐“๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ˆ๐๐ข๐จ๐ญ.

1.1K 24 2
By sofifics

"𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮'll 𝐧𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐞𝐞𝐥 𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐲,
f𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐈 𝐡𝐮𝐫𝐭."

I WALKED ACROSS THE CUT, the dark streets of the neighborhood having me feel paranoid throughout the walk. I was scared that something might happen, scared that I would get assaulted once again.

Tears roomed down my cheeks, my sobbing getting stuck in between my throat as I tried not to wake anyone up with my crying. I held onto my arms tightly, trying to avoid the coldness to continue making my body tremble.

Suddenly, a couple of miles behind me I could hear a vehicle approaching me. The sudden honking making me turn back to see who it was. Automatically relieving my paranoia after I saw who the person was.

John B: "June? What the hell are you doing here in the middle of the night?!" -he asked, heading out of the van, the rest of the Pogues followed close behind.

Kie: "John B, look. She's shaking, are you okay, June?"

The curly head approached me, placing a black jacket around my shoulders. Making the cold ease down slightly with the warmth of the jacket, I gave the girl a small smile receiving one back from her.

JJ: "Hey, why are you crying too?" -he asked, leaning over the van as he looked at me worried.

The rest of the group stared at me as well, their expressions automatically changing to a worried one.

John B: "Where are the clothes you were wearing before? And why are you dressed like a total Kook?" -he questioned, pulling me inside the van.

As I took a seat, JJ, began to help me put the jacket completely on. I wasn't going to tell them about me an hour ago, literally being on Topper Thornton's house. I knew that wasn't going to go well at all, so I choose the first bad thing that happened to me yesterday.

June: "I didn't get accepted on Heyward's shop, I got mad. After that I stoled this clothes at a local store, so I could enter a club and look presentable." -I lied, sort of.

They all looked at me in shock, almost trying to actually believe what I said. Which I wished for them to, cause I didn't had any other lie to say if they didn't believe the first one.

Kie: "What?!"

JJ: "She's totally, John B's twin!" -the boy cheered, a bright smile plastered on his face as he clapped his hands with mine.

Pope: "Are you being like serious right now, June?"

John B: "Are you insane?! You could've literally gotten arrested if caught." -he yelled, everyone nodding quickly after what the brunette one, said.

Well, everyone except for JJ, who seemed excited over what I supposedly did. Kie, slapped the boy on his shoulder making his smile fade.

June: "I'm sorry! I was really angry with myself, I wasn't thinking straight!" -I replied, making John B, sigh.

We drove through the town, arriving over to Kie's parents restaurant. All of us getting out from the vehicle, making our way inside the place.

Kie: "Here, come with me. I'm gonna see if I can find some clothes for you." -she whispered, dragging me to the back part of the counter.

The other boys stayed behind, as we entered what looked like a locker room. She grabbed my shoulders, pushing me gently towards the wall.

Kie: "I know you're lying, you went to a party." -she declared, my eyes widening after hearing her sentence.

June: "What gave it away?"

Kie: "I just know, the smell of Rafe's cologne is impossible to not distinguish. I also knew about Topper's party today, since I was invited." -she replied.

She then handled me a pair of shorts, accompanied by a long sleeves shirt that hang inside of the locker.

June: "I'm sorry for lying, I just didn't wanted to cause any problems with us." -I replied, making her shake her head side to side.

Kie: "Don't worry, June. Just remember to always be honest to John B, just like you guys promised each other."

June: "He told you about our promise?" -I asked, smiling at the girl.

Kie: "Yeah, he was very happy about it. Just please don't hurt him, I know he's your twin and all. You wouldn't do that, but be honest with him."

Kie: "John B, is sort of a fragile person."

June: "Yeah, I'll tell him the truth later at home. By the way, is there anywhere I can put this clothes on?" -I asked, the girl quickly pointed towards our left.

Kie: "That door leads to the bathroom, you can change there. I'll be waiting at the front with the boys, let me know if you need anything."

I nodded, later then being left alone to start changing my clothes. I started to put everything on, taking my makeup off with
the bathroom paper towels and water. It was very irritating since it was taking forever, but eventually I ended up succeeding.

A while later after finishing I headed out of the bathroom, making my way towards the exit to meet up with the boys. The three boys stood aside watching a couple of people eating, their faces screaming jealousy. On the other hand, Kie, was sort of begging her Dad. Trying to make him let the boys eat here.

Finally receiving a yes from her Dad, making the boys cheer. All of us ate everything sat on our table, talking within each other. The rest of the people had already left, leaving only us alone at the restaurant.

Suddenly I looked over to Kie, as music began playing on the radio. A slight smirk appeared on her face, making me and her stand up from our chairs as we danced together.

Kie called John B, over beginning to dance with him. The two other boys staring dumbly at the pair, making me point to the two of them.

June: "You guys look stupid there, come on!" -I commented, making them laugh as they approached me.

We all danced together, this will probably be a core memory for me. Everyone seemed so happy around each other's presence, no one was left out at all.

JJ: "So, Jun-Jun. You like dancing, huh?" -he asked, holding onto my hands as we kept dancing.

June: "Uuhh hell yeah! What type of question is that?"

He then laughed, twirling me around to switch me to, Pope. They both kept switching with me so none of them felt left out, it was really cute. Their friendship is something I'm glad I get to see now, every single day from now on.
________________________________

Another day had finally arrived, I was practically praying in my head that today could be a good day hopefully. If this was ruined somehow, I was gonna convinced myself I'm fully cursed or something.

We were all at the dock near The Château, Kie and John B, had headed inside of the water to try out the camera they had stolen. From who? I don't even know. I stayed outside with Pope and JJ, checking how the camera looked.

June: "How's it looking boys?" -I asked, arriving at the dock with two water bottles for the pair.

Pope: "Here, take a look."

I watched the recording, seeing John B, in front of the camera. Kie, swimming right beside him as they did weird facial expressions.

JJ: "What's this right here?" -he asked, trying to touch the keyboard of the laptop.

Pope: "Don't touch that. I'm trying to work this thing."

Pope's hand quickly slapped the blond's finger off, making JJ, look over to him offended by his friend's action.

June: "It looks good, let's let them know." -I requested, heading over to the stairs of the dock.

JJ: "God bless geeks, Pope. Truly, man."

I watched Kie and John B, ascend from the under the water. Trying to see if the device worked fine, reaching towards me.

JJ: "What would we do without you to control the drones?"

Pope: "It's not a drone. It's an ROV." -he remarked, making JJ, sigh.

JJ: "Shut up. Shut up. It's too early for that right now."

I threw a water at JJ, who jumped startled by my sudden action. Looking at me with his mouth wide open, raising his arms up annoyed.

June: "Shut up." -I demanded, pointing at John B and Kie, who looked over at us.

John B: "Hey, look. Once we get footage of the wreck, we'll bring it to a lawyer in town and file a formal claim."

He explained, all of us listening attentively except for JJ, who seemed to not like the plan at all.

JJ: "It's such bullshit. Why do we have to do that?" -he asked, looking over to Pope, for an answer.

Pope: "Well, there is a maritime salvage law. You can't just go to the ocean floor and scoop a bunch of stuff up."

June: "Yeah, that's true. But lawyers aren't really cheap, so how do we get one that isn't that expensive for us?"

JJ: "Exactly! What about that?" -he asked, pointing at, John B.

John B: "Well, as soon as they see the footage, they'll work for a comp."

Kie: "How do you know all of that?" -she asked, small nervous laughter coming out of her mid sentence.

June: "She's right, what if that's not true, John B."

John B: "June. Dad, said it like, a million times." -he replied, looking over to the four of us.

Kie: "Yeah, that's fair."

The curly head, began to climb the stairs receiving help from me by grabbing her hand.

June: "That tether is, like, really long. Am I right?" -I wondered, looking at Pope, asking if I was right.

Pope: "Yeah, in the wrong weather, this thing could get pushed around."

John B: "Then we'll go at dead calm." -he replied, his sentence followed by a loud thunder making everyone stared towards the distant.

June: "You mean like, at slack tide?"

Pope: "So now, we just gotta wait around for the right weather." -he responded, walking near the edge of the dock.

June: "And today is not that day, at all."

We all glance up, seeing the lighting throughout the dark grey clouds. Everyone looking at each other while nodding, quickly heading inside, The Château.

A while later, I was with Pope and JJ, at Heyward's shop. I didn't thought I'll come back to this place so soon, but here I am. Helping out with a couple of deliveries Pope, asked help with.

I held the box for JJ, as he placed a couple of bags filled with food inside. In my head I kept on thinking about everything that happened yesterday, from daytime to nighttime. I knew stuff what gonna end up like total shit, but I still decided to keep on going.

JJ: "Hey, you alright?" -he asked, suddenly interrupting my thoughts from dragging me down once again.

I glanced over to him, nodding slightly without any words coming out of my mouth.

JJ: "You don't look fine to me, June."

June: "Just a little tired, that's all." -I replied, a small smile forcing its way to my face.

Heyward, then arrived towards us. Bringing a couple of packages with him for the two boys, soon later noticing me with them.

Heyward: "Now what if she doing here?" -he asked, making me look down embarrassed.

Pope: "Dad, I asked her to help me out. You wouldn't want your son to do the deliveries all alone, would ya?"

Heyward: "Damm well I would! You deserve to be grounded after you sneaked out with you friends, you think I would forget about that?"

Pope: "That happened like, days ago. Dad." -he replied, quickly after getting slap behind his neck by, Heyward.

Heyward: "Cut the shit, Pope. You boys get these groceries over to Figure Eight. Get straight back here when you're done. No fishin'."

Heyward: "And you. No slapping people around everywhere you go." -he said, pointing at me making Pope and JJ, frown their eyebrows confused.

June: "Umm yeah Sir, we'll do don't worry."

Heyward: "I promised delivery by this afternoon. Rich folks don't wanna wait for you lazy sons of- Oh, JJ, thank you."

He stopped his sentence, after seeing JJ, in front of him with arms stretched to take a hold of the bags.

Heyward: "Sons of bitches." -he finished, making me hold my laugh in as I kept on adjusting the bags inside the boxes.

Pope: "Right."

After a couple of minutes passed, we were already heading with the deliveries through sea. Pope, drove the boat as JJ and I looked towards the distance. We were all silent, mostly because we were focused on what we were doing. But soon after, the silence was cut by Pope, who began to speak.

Pope: "Doesn't even look like the storm hit there." -he mentioned, making me nod as I looked towards the big beach houses on the island

I kinda wonder how it feels, live on such a beautiful home like theirs. It seems so perfect, too perfect. People say it's like that inside too, but to me it's obviously not. No family is ever perfect, even if they have everything they need.

JJ: "That's because they got generators, Bro. Get used to it." -he replied, spinning a blade throughout his fingers slightly annoyed.

June: "They are very lucky, it's really annoying."

JJ: "And then they say the juice will be out all summer at the Cut."

Pope: "It's nice to be a Kook."

JJ: "Lucky bastards." -he replied, rolling his eyes as he continued focusing on his blade.

I wonder what else the Kooks say about us, besides saying that they are way better than us or live better than us. Sometimes I wonder, if there's someone out there who really wishes they could help a Pogue out.
________________________________
AFTER WHAT FELT LIKE AN ETERNITY I FINISHED ALL OF MY DELIVERIES. I met up with Pope, at what looked like a golf field. We talked throughout the way about books, he recommended me a lot which I couldn't wait to go get on a library sooner or later.

June: "Is this the last delivery for you?" -I asked, receiving a nod of excitement from, Pope.

Pope: "Yeah, finally. I can't wait to get home and just chill literally. I'm so tired, it's insane."

I laughed as he finished, walking beside him through a small pathway that lead to some hill. As I was about to speak again, I was interrupted by someone talking over me.

Rafe: "Hey, what's up?"

Me and Pope, exchange glances with each other. Right after seeing Rafe, approaching us with a golf stick on his hands. Quickly being followed by Topper, who seemed nervous.

I sighed, crossing my arms as I looked at Rafe, already wanting to just get the hell out of there.

June: "Rafe, what do you want?" -I asked, stepping in front of, Pope.

Rafe: "Hey, how much for one of those beers?"

I scoffed, looking back at Pope, who just stared at Rafe, confused. The blond one, quickly placed the golf stick in front of our chests as we were about to walk away. I only gave him a dirty look, making him tilt his head as he stared at me back.

Pope: "They're not for sale."

June: "You heard him, now leave us alone." -I demanded, grabbing the stick to push it down.

As we were about to walk away once again, he stopped us making me sigh annoyed already.

Rafe: "Oh, wait, wait, wait. You can just give us one, then, right?" -he asked, looking over to, Pope.

June: "Rafe, stop. Just leave us alone, now."

Topper had arrived in front of us, glancing at me angrily but still seeming worried. I knew he was scared about something, something I couldn't decipher which was making me panic.

Pope: "Or you can just order one, like everybody else." -the boy responded, grabbing my wrist to try pulling me away.

Rafe: "Listen. Wait, wait, wait. You're not listening to me. Um you've got so many, bro and we've got nothing."

Topper: "Nothin'."

June: "Topper, can you tell your friend to stop bothering us?" -I asked, smiling at him sarcastically.

Pope: "They're not mine. They're already paid for."

I glanced over to Pope, shaking my head side to side as I knew this wasn't going to end well. He seemed to also know, his hands had began to shake as he held onto my wrist.

Rafe: "Already paid for?"

June: "That's right, Rafe. You don't get to have everything, leave us alone." -I replied, making the blond boy smile.

Rafe: "Oh really? You're going to treat me like shit? Acting as if we didn't kissed a couple of days ago, and yesterday told me you wanted to go on a date."

June: "Stop. Please just stop." -I begged, glaring at Rafe, who has stepped closer to me.

His face now inches away from mine, Pope, quickly stepped in front of me. Making Rafe, back away nodding with a smile still plastered on his face.

Rafe: "What the hell? You probably stole 'em, right?" -he asked, grabbing part of the bag.

Later on aggressively pulling the bag down, making both me and Pope, back away quickly.

June: "What the fuck, Rafe?!"

Pope: "What the hell? You owe me for that!" -he yelled, stepping closer to, Rafe.

Rafe, then hit Pope's wrist with the golf stick, making him drop the box of beers to the ground too. I only watched everything almost in shock. I couldn't believe this was the guy I used to call my best friend. The boy I had fallen in love with, now is acting like a total douchebag.

Rafe: "Dude, I don't owe you shit, Pogue." -he replied, stepping closer to, Pope.

His sentence making me realize that all Kooks are the same. Super rich people with nothing but fake friends, lives and personality. Rich boys don't have hearts, to be honest.

Pope: "Buy your own shit!" -he shouted, pushing Rafe, back.

Topper: "Hey, come on man. We just want one of these beers! Just give us one of these."

The two of them kept forcing onto each other. Topper, tried to rip the beers off of Pope's hands. Pope, trying his best to fight back, the blond boy.

June: "Rafe, tell him to stop!" -I shouted, grabbing his wrist turning him to look at me.

Pope: "You guys are freaking crazy!"

Topper: "Give us a beer, man!"

After forcing around more, Topper accidentally made Pope, fall down on the sand. Making me run quickly towards him, as he grunted in pain.

June: "What the fuck is you guy's problem?! Psychos!" -I sobbed, seeing how Rafe, approached us.

Topper: "Shit. Shit, my bad, man."

Topper tried to approach Pope, the boy continuously grunting in pain as I held onto his face. I glanced up seeing how Rafe's eyes turned darker, almost instantly terrifying me.

Pope, pushed my hands away, quickly standing up to try and throw a punch at, Rafe. But failed unsuccessfully since Rafe, punched him first. Me and Topper, both gasped seeing everything happening.

June: "Rafe! Stop! You're gonna kill him!" -I yelled, tears forcing their way out of my eyes.

I tried walking towards him but was stopped by Topper, who grabbed my wrist. I tried letting his grip let go of me but unfortunately couldn't. I watched how Rafe hit Pope, with the golf stick on his back. The impact making the boy fall to the ground once again, my sobbing and the harsh grunting from Pope, was the only thing you could hear.

Topper: "Hey! Rafe, Rafe! Come on, man!" -he shouted, trying to stop the other one from continuing.

June: "You're a psychopath! Let got of him asshole!"

Rafe: "Stay down, bitch!"

Topper: "Hey, let's go! Let's go, man!" -he demanded, letting go of my wrist as I ran over to Pope, instantly.

Glancing up I saw Rafe, staring at me still. He almost looked insane, he was insane. I couldn't believe what he had done, why? Why did he had to do that?

June: "What is wrong with you?!" -I asked, more sobbing coming out of me as I held onto, Pope.

My whole body trembled, the two other boys had begun to argue with each other.

Topper: "Knock it off, Rafe! Come on!" -he yelled.

Only for Rafe, to laugh hysterically as he lifted the stick once again to hit Pope, making me close my eyes shut.

Only to realize he hit the sand beside me, making me stand up in front of him.

June: "Get the fuck away from him, now." -I hollered, pushing him back as Topper, stood between us.

Rafe: "We don't want you here, got that?"

Topper: "Let it go, man!"

Rafe: "Stay off Figure Eight, Pogues." -he finished, walking off with Topper, aside.

June: "Asshole!"

Rafe: "See ya! Top, let's go!" -he yelled, as Topper, kept looking at me with apologetic eyes.

He stood in front of us, looking down at Pope, his facial expression showing some sort of concern for the boy.

Rafe: "Hey, let's go!"

June: "Get away from us, just go, Topper." -I demanded, crouching down to try and grab, Pope.

Topper: "I'm sorry." -he mumbled, eventually leaving me and the boy alone.
________________________________
The both of us had arrived to our boat, silence filling the air between each other. I was worried for Pope, very worried. But he wasn't even speaking to me, none of the questions I asked him.

I tried cleaning his wounds but he also didn't allowed me to, making me question if he was also angry with me.

JJ: "Pope!"

The muffled shouting could be heard coming towards the boat, instantly making me look outside to see how close the blond was.

I walked over to the entrance, bumping into JJ, who instantly saw my teary eyes. His smile fading quickly, turning his expression into a worried one.

JJ: "What happened?"

June: "It's Pope, you should check up on him." -I replied, covering my mouth as I later on walked away trying to avoid him from seeing me crying.

I sat on the boat's couches, trying to calm my breath down. I couldn't stop shaking, even if it had been a couple of hours after the attack. I couldn't help but feel scared still, Rafe, terrified me. That wasn't the guy I knew, that was someone else.

The muffled shouting from JJ, could be heard outside. He sounded very concerned, but also angry.

JJ: "June?!" -he shouted, making me sigh as I walked over inside again.

As I arrived, I leaned over the door frame staring at the blue eyed boy. He couldn't stop pacing around the space, out of anger he kept on mumbling stuff to himself.

JJ: "What happened?" -he asked, looking at Pope, seeking for the answer.

Pope: "Rafe and Topper, jumped me."

JJ, then looked over to me, his expression screaming for me to say if it was true or not. I nodded, making him hit part of the boat angrily.

Pope: "They said no Pogues on their side of the island." -he explained, still looking towards the distance as JJ, listened to everything.

JJ: "What are you gonna do?"

June: "JJ." -I said, trying to stop the boy from making things go too far.

JJ: "Stop, June."

Pope only looked towards JJ, anger surrounding his face. I was beginning to feel even more panicked after this, they had a very bad idea and I wasn't ready to be apart of it.

June: "You're only gonna make things worse, guys." -I insisted, getting startled by JJ, suddenly approaching my way to hold my shoulders.

JJ: "Look, they hit it us first, we hit them back. That's how it is, alright?"

He shook my shoulders a couple of times as he explained, his eyebrows frowning after he felt how my body kept shaking.

JJ: "Are yo-"

June: "Stop. Let's just go." -I said, pushing his hands away as I took a seat.

I heard somewhere that, sometimes the reason nothing good happens to you is because you are the good happening to others. I want to believe that, and I sort of do. But when is my time to be happy finally? I care. I always care. And that's my problem, I need to learn to be done with people. Not mad, not bothered, not disappointed, just done but I just can't.

End of chapter

4164 words<3
Sofia's notes:
Heyyy updated hehe!! It's been quite a while but here's a new chapter for y'all 💗 if this chapter has mistakes I'm REALLY sorry about that, I'm still learning how to write since my first language isn't English. Hopefully y'all enjoyed it, love you all!! Thank you so much for the votes and reads I'm sooo thankful.

TikTok: sofifics.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

172K 797 5
( ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ถ๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ญ, ๐˜ฐ๐˜ง ๐˜ฐ๐˜ณ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ๐˜ฏ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ ๐˜ฏ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜จ๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ช๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ ) โžต . . . in which isabel hampton's sworn enemy gets just a lit...
198K 2.2K 41
Julianne Bailey Routledge, twin sister of John Booker Routledge, lived a low key life with her brother in the Outer Banks. 9 months after her father...
1.5K 30 17
๐ƒ๐ข๐ฌ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ญ๐ข๐ง๐ฎ๐ž๐ In which John b's sister Cameron Jayne Routledge went missing the same day her dad got lost at sea leaving behind her twin b...
284 11 6
In which a girl and her friends stumble upon a boat, and soon they're chasing after sunken gold. But to him, it was fools gold. He only ever want...