Flashia In A New World

By AnatidaeProjects

The Federal Republic of Flashia had been living their day like the other day, when suddenly they found themse... More

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT
Information (Flashia)
Insignias & More Materiel (Flashia)
New, Chaotic Start
To Connect North And South
To North We Go
A Glimpse and An Arrest
What'cha gonna do...
...when they come for you?
Trials and A Ticking Clock
Countdown (pt.1)
Countdown (pt.2)
To Terminate
To Strike Back
And To Push Forward (Flaska)
And to Push Forward (Ă‹sterland)
Sidst Kamp
Laatste Slag
What Comes After
[NC] Some trivias
In the Midst of Tensions
Rejoice and Revolt
Can't Lose Nothing
Must Earn Something
The Justified Cause
Never In Vain
Restoring Old Glory
To Bring Back What Was Once There
[NC] Advert & Other Bullshit
Victory & Lingering Conflict
Heating Atmosphere
Pact of the North
Shots Fired
[NC] art gallery
I Havet Och I Norden
Rather Warm North
Alert Level: Beta
Staging Ground
A Second Gevaka
totalen krieal tschapter
An Icy Hotbed
Frozen Frontline
Burning Snow

Where Are We?

824 29 7
By AnatidaeProjects

[Rewritten Recon and Awe]

Forsvaret Central Command HQ, 28/3/2017
The Forsvaret Central Command HQ, for the second time in this century, has now found itself being a lot busier than it normally is in peacetime.

"Ground Forces, can you please report the current situation?" said the Commander as he now sits behind a monitor with a headset on. Ground Forces refers to both Land Army and the Home Guard.

"Ground Forces reporting" said the one representing them over comms "Border units have reported that the countries that supposed to border us such as Hatemea are now nothing more than vast bodies of ocean. All communication efforts have resulted in failure. In addition, various Home Guard units alongside the police are responding to various unrests, such as in Gladahjuland and Kawagrzmotia"

...

Gladahjuland
Protests had been erupting since the mysterious chain of events saw anything foreign countries-related and citizens abruptly brought back to the homeland. For many, conspiracy theories are no longer out of mind, even it's not the kind someone would expect.

"WE WANT THE TRUTH!" chanted the crowd of protestors as they marched down the street with police, both local and federal, accompanying them by the sides.

The word 'truth' has been making waves across the federal republic with citizens of each state are still confused as to what's going on. And many believes the government may have something to say about it. For now though, the only thing they could do, is to publically call Barminde out on this.

"I'm going to be honest here" said an officer as the chanting continued "I'm getting tired of this, it's just happening on a daily basis now"

"Well, you know what they say" said another behind him "As long as we exist, one could never make everyone happy"

The protests here have been quite peaceful so far. Even if it's making quite a fuss, no one is breaking anything, no one is setting something on fire.

...The same cannot be said to another state further South-West though.

...

Kawagrzmotia
"We need backup over here, there's a whole lot of them!"

Sirens echo off the streets of the coastal city as in almost every corner, there was protest there, riot there as well as various vehicles of the Flash Federal Police and the Home Guard. Lines of riot shields would be formed to counter the violent with various methods such as straight up tear gassing them is used.

"Fuck me, this city hasn't been this chaotic before" said a local police officer as he stood by the pavement, wearing body armor armed with an SMG, watching the white trails of gas going on a lobbing trajectory.

"You tell me Antoniak" said his partner standing right beside him with the same equipment "I've seen some more crazy stuff here in Kawagrzmotia"

"Only for a Tilenogtyvean for you Toft, here in my home state, what you see as crazy online is just everyday life for us"

"Yeah, yeah..."

The line of police shields then slowly advances on the rioters that are still holding their ground even despite having been gassed earlier. All the while Home Guard vehicles would cross the intersection behind them.

"You know, as much as I admit that Kawagrzmotia is a rather rebellious state..." said Antoniak "...This is what I didn't have in mind, I mean those Home Guard guys came strapped! They normally wouldn't do that!"

"I know" said Toft "But it wouldn't be the first though"

"...What you mean?"

"Last year, some dude decided what is normal for a firework wasn't enough-"

"Oh we really talking about that huh?"

"Come on man, it was funny not gonna lie!"

...

"Acknowledged, Ground Forces" said the commander as we now get back to the Central Command "Air Force?"

"Air Force reporting" again, this is over comms "All satellites are known to be offline at this moment, attempt at reaching them have failed by this point, meaning we're completely blind. The Federal Space Administration have reported that they will launch rockets to restore the lost capabilities. In the meantime, recon aircrafts would be launched to scout out the surrounding areas"

"Very well, Air Force. Navy, what about you?"

"Navy reporting, strange anomalies at the coastline have been reported. Supposedly mythical animal, more specifically kraken appeared at the beach of Agevær. Later examination points towards sonars causing the animal to be beached. The origin however, is still unknown"

"Thank you, Navy. Assessment of the situation has led to no clear conclusion so far, alert level maintained at Dud"

...

Speaking of recon aircraft and Agevær...

Somewhere in the waters of Agevær
An aircraft carrier of the Luftskibinfiltrator-class is now preparing one of their aircrafts to be launched as it sails alomg with 4 frigates and 2 destroyers.

"SOS, you are clear with CAT 2, over" said the ATC over the radio.

"Roger, SOS, cleared for CAT 2" the pilot responded back

A two-seater version of the naval aircraft Flashia uses for both its Marine and Air Force taxis to the specific catapult with the number 2. Fitted with a reconnaissance pod alongside some few infrared missiles, it will be the first time it will be used for anything else than their own territory.

The aircrafts then tries to line up with the catapult with the help of the crew in yellow as he gave hand signals to turn left, to turn right, or just go straight. After a little bit, the front wheel has now been hooked up.

"Alright, let's do some checks..." said the WSO of this very plane before the wings that had been folded earlier would extend themselves "How's our left doing?"

The left side's stabilizers and flaps would be checked by having them going up and down as a crew in green looked over before giving a thumbs up to the WSO who was looking.

"Now our right..."

The same would be done to the right, and another thumbs up from another green uniform.

"Control's good, what about the missiles?"

The FOX-2 on the wing pylons upon activation gave off a certain tone, which is telling of missiles ready to go. The gun would also give away audiable cues that it's ready as well.

"We're good now Jonas"

"Here we go then..."

The pilot, Jonas then turned up the throttle to max, the afterburner now blasting flames that would be deflected off the the Jet Blast Deflector that had been raised behind them earlier when they hooked up to catapult. And because they got hooked as mention, the jet wouldn't be able to move even despite cranking it up to max thrust.

The pilot and WSO gave their salutes to the yellow crew from earlier, now to their right before then he kneels down on the deck.

"Brace yourself for the launch, Sebastian" said Jonas.

"Right ahead of you" responded back his WSO.

The yellow crewman points his two fingers forward, as if to aim a gun forward. Right after that, a sudden force came to the fighter jet before being launched forward, achieving high speed in short moments. The aircraft then pitch up after having been thrown off the deck, the landing gear would retract afterwards.

"Let's see what's really going down there in the South..."

...

???, ??/??/????
A ship from the early 18th century would sail into the waters as it went along a route. While it rocks back and forward, with some getting a tad too sick, the captain would be seen viewing the ocean from the railings to the starboard side.

He takes a sip from his flask as the captain admires the scenery of the sea and the sound of waves crashing into his ship. The captain then looks back, up to the mast where a flag of sky blue-white-red with a black eagle to the left bearing a red cross is seen.

It's the flag that he and his trusty crew pledged allegiance to, and the flag that they swore to protect.

While the captain looked upon that flag, a rather strange faint roaring sound was heard. Given his knowledge on how things go, he would try his best to pass it off as background as it was distant... That is until when one of his men shouted out to him.

"Sir! Observation reports strange object in the sky!"

Observation refers to a guy they had up the possible tallest point to act as a spotter for pretty much anything. The object flying above them coincides with that sound. Suddenly, the roar has become impossible to ignore as it also becomes louder by the seconds.

"Where?" he asked the sailor.

"From our starboard to the North!"

The captain looked back out the ship, then hastily putting away his flask and try to get a hold of his compass and spyglass. Upon doing so, he flicked the compass open to confirm the bearing, before extending his spyglass with his hand that is busy with the former then putting it up his right while the left eye closes.

He scanned around the cloud trying to find the reported object whilst that sound is still getting louder. He would do this for awhile until the captain saw it. What he sees is a white object with wings that do not flap at all, cutting across in speed as it goes just slightly off to the right of where they are.

After a while, the captain of the ship puts his spyglass down with both eyes now opening and the object entering their visual sight. It then went off behind them, but not before a deafening sound came out that had the effect of scaring the crap out of some sailors, including the helmsman.

A brief moment pass, the sound now fading away, and the captain walked to the port side while his eyes keep track of the white object in shock. As he did this, he then realizes something...

"Oh no, don't tell me..." the captain then opens up his compass again, which only confirms his fear "...They're going towards the capital!"

...

"Yo Sebastian, you saw that right?" said Jonas, the pilot as the white bird is in flight.

"That wooden sail ship?" replied his WSO, Sebastian "Yeah I saw that too"

"Jeez, did we went back in time or something?"

"I dunno, we just have to find out ourselves"

...

Islands, ???
Their navy has just notified the rest of the military of an unidentified flying creature going straight in the direction of where their capital is.

And to counter this, at one of their airbases, wyverns are being dispatched with the alert having been sounded in the surrounding area.

"I repeat the heading of the object!" said a manacomm operator "From North going South at Einskirka! Reported to give off loud roaring sound!"

Soon after the wyverns had all taken up to the skies, the riders make formations to cover as much area as possible as to prevent freedom of movement of that thing while also increasing their chance of eliminating the threat.

All these wyverns would converge to a single point where they're expected to meet that thing head on. And after a while, they did, as the audio cue of the object being close was heard and itself appearing in their eyesight.

At this point, the wyverns formation had singular creature surrounded and all it takes would be an order.

"On my signal, we shall fire at it!" yelled the captain.

...

"Uh... Sebastian?" said Jonas "Don't tell me there's an entire squadron of flying lizard coming towards us"

The 2-man-crew of this Super Hornet has found themselves facing a rather large formation of wyverns, something that anyone would find in myths and fantasy stories.

"Unfortunately for you, you're not alone" replied Sebastian as his monitor would show those same wyverns. The WSO switched to thermals with the wyverns emitting white hot signature "And they seem to be real as well"

"Fuck me, what have we got ourselves into?"

At one point, they thought they went centuries back in time somehow, but now, this is downright just another world, a fantasy one at that. As the pilot continued to stare into the opposingformation, he felt something was off.

"Sebastian, you might want to brace yourself"

"Fine then, whatever you say-"

And it was at this time that the wyverns sent off what seems to be fireballs, possibly flashbanging Sebastian in the process.

"NOTCHING!" the pilot yelled out as he then push his joystick forward, sending it into a quick dive while flares would be shot out of the aircraft as both of them employed 'G hook' breathing technique.

The short dive would be shortly superseded by a return to level flight as Jonas pulled the stick back as much as he could all the while the G-force is still strong in them.

By doing that, the aircraft has effectively avoided getting slapped out of the skies by tons of fireballs shot at them as Jonas could see as he looked up in his canopy. The aircraft is now level while being low to the ground, and it was here that he would push the throttle even forward again.

...

"WHAT IN THE GODS' NAME?!?"

The 20-ish wyverns formation had just witnessed one of the most mind boggling thing that they have seen until now. Fireballs of wyverns are something that aren't particularly easy to dodge at this distance, yet this thing could quickly dive down while shooting out flames out from its bottom then back up, completely rendering their attack to be no effect.

Panic ran through the wyvern formation as they do not know what to do next with the escaping agile object. All they could do is to see that thing go past below them, while a red roundel and some sort of cross are also seen on both wings.

...

"I got that on camera" said Sebastian as he looked back behind him "That was just crazy man"

"I know right?!" Jonas responded "Oh man, command is not gonna believe this when we get back"

...

A military general of some kind stood at a castle, looking for something in the skies. With the news of their wyverns failing to do anything against the threat, Einskirka where he stands is basically open.

He then looked upon the city, ancient but beautiful and how it could be afterwards when it comes. Those thoughts alone terrifies him, but really, does he have a choice but to wait for this thing to show up?

The roar as reported then appears as distant growing louder and louder, and the general is now looking for it in the skies. And there it was, the non-flapping wings of a white creature heading towards the capital city. As it closed distance, the general braced himself for what to come next... Only to see the mysterious dragon to do a circle around the city and go back where it came from.

"Huh?"

This utterly confused the general, if the dragon had easily overcome their defense, it could have just raze the city. But instead, it just give out its rather loud greeting before going back. Nonetheless, a sigh of relief was heard, somewhat grateful that it chose not to attack.

The general turned to a guard nearby

"Come over here" he said to him as the guard approached him "Tell the Minister and Her Majesty that it is safe now"

"Your order shall be carried out" the guard nodded before turning around to get to where the Minister and the Queen is. The general then looked back into the skies while the roar kept fading and fading, until it was no more in this city.

...

Flashia, 29/3/2017
"Hello, Oliver Magovac, Ministry of Foreign Affairs here" said a senior man with glasses in his office as he answered a phone call "...I'm sorry what...? I understand..."

The phone was then put down in a short while, then a deep sigh went out before Oliver stood up from his chair, making his way out of the office as he was needed somewhere else.

"It's not even a day yet..." he mumbled to himself.

...

Weapons used by security forces.

Müller 17 (Glock 17, Police)

MP5 (Armed Police)

M320 (Riot Police, tear gas)

KM86A3 (Home Guard)

(8/3/2024): Fixed a spelling mistake

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92 6 6
Through times where supernatural creatures of the dark strike humanity and its homeland, phenomenons in being human have developed over time as a def...
101K 3.4K 55
After 2 major wars against two galactic superpowers, and the Garmillas refugee crisis of 2205, Japan, a part of the Earth Federation, now is seeing t...
5.8K 261 16
The 2040s, a fresh scent of war is filling the air. The Republika ng Pilipinas finds itself in a precarious position amid rising geopolitical tension...