𝑈𝑁𝑇𝐻𝐼𝑁𝐾𝐴𝐵𝐿𝐸

By teeetales

Two strangers had a one night stand which resulted in lifetime commitment. Follow them on their journey to l... More

intro
one
two
three.
four.
five
six.
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty -two
twenty-three
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty-five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
forty-five
forty-six

twenty-four

5.9K 441 162
By teeetales

For as long as Donovan was a little boy, he always knew that he had to protect his little brother, Angelo.

He remembered the first day he came home, wrapped in his blue blanket with little ducks on it and his father delicately holding him in his arms. His head full of his black curly hair and he was still a bit pink from being brought into the world.

He was the cutest baby, Donovan had seen at that time. He also referred to him as his little tiger comparing it to his teddy bear, Mr Tiger. He was always right by his side. Whenever you see Donovan, you see Angelo. It remind the same throughout their childhood until a few hours ago.

What was funny was that he didn't remember seeing his mother pregnant, however as a little boy such things don't concern you or you simply brush them off. Angelo was his brother regardless of the fact that, that they didn't share the same mother.

Donovan couldn't take his eyes off Angelo as he laid on the bed with wires and a endotracheal tube hooked in his mouth. He had different machines hooked on to him. His brows were furrowed- distraught in a way.

He had bandages wrapped around his head, from the impact his head experienced when he hit the ground which made him slip into a coma. Two bullets pierced his torso, one on his chest and another on his leg. All in all, he was shot four times. Luckily none managed to hit major arteries or veins.

Donovan could tell he was uncomfortable by just looking at him. He knew his brother inside out. He'd like to believe that. They were very close. He trusted Angelo to have his best interest at heart and vice versa.

"You find out who did this". His tone emotionless. He was back to being the cold-hearted Donovan.

"Yes sir". Mikael stated standing behind him. He was feeling very remorseful. He had taken time to bring the car out to the main entrance. The car just wouldn't start. However when it did, the gun shots had been fired and that is when he saw Angelo lying in his pool of blood spewing out his mouth and trying to stay alive.

"When you find them, bring them to me. Alive ". He ordered, still staring at Angelo. He couldn't remove his eyes off him.

He felt that if he did, Angelo would stop breathing and die on him. So he needed to keep his eyes strained on him, to make sure he stays alive. For his sanity.

The door opened causing Donovan to turn around with his eyes squinted in the direction of the door. A deadly mug rested on his face. His anxiety was peaking. He needed to know everyone walking in and out the room. No unauthorized person was allowed in the room until he found the people who did this to his sibling.

His face slightly soften noticing Cheyenne enter the room. Chey casted a small smile towards Mikael who returned her greeting with a stifle nod and walked out to give them space . Her eyes were red and puffy from crying all night. First from the news about her newly found discovery of having two babies and then about Angelo. She was distraught about the information. Angelo didn't deserve to go through that.

She slowly waddled towards the bed, eyes fixated on Donovan who was staring at her. She could see that the Donovan she knew wasn't there anymore. It was back to the cold hearted one she first met. She could see it in his eyes.

"Hi". She softly spoke, standing besides him. She wanted to comfort him the best way she knew how but she didn't want to be blown away. She didn't know how to anyways but she will try her best.

Donovan simply nodded his head, returning his gaze on Angelo. Chey sighed and looked ahead as well. She hated seeing her best friend laid out on the bed, hopeless. She never imagined this to happen to Angelo.

"Dr Robyn said I could go home". Chey decided to break the awkward silence in the room.

"You know where you're supposed to go". He bluntly stated causing her to roll her eyes.

"I don't want to go there". Chey stubbornly stated making him scoff.

"And you think after this?", He pointed towards the bed, "-- I am willing to let you go back to your own apartment where no one will protect you?". He ended off, asking her. His jaw clenched in agitation.

"You already did without my permission with the whole Stella issue. What makes you think this next time would be different?". Her brow raised in question.

"Just stop being difficult sometimes and accept what i am trying to do for you and my children!". He snapped at her making her jerk head back.

"I need you to bring your tone down a notch and understand who the fuck you talking to right now". She told him as she glared at him. Neither backing down.

"You don't fucking listen but when something happens, you wanna call for my help? What will it take for you to accept the fact that i am trying to do what's best for everybody right now. i need to know where you are all the fucking time. i am not taking chances with the people i care for". He spat while glaring at her with his icy hazel-green eyes.

"You just want to control everything and i hate it! i am not a child, that you can make decisions for". She cried out with her teeth gritted and her arms folded on her chest. Chey hated people telling her what to do, especially now.

"With the way you acting, you might be one".

Cheyenne scoffed and rolled her eyes not having a comeback. She folded her arms and looked ahead.

"Are we done?". She decided to ask instead, "Because i am leaving"

"Are you going to do what i said?". He question, not sparing her a glance.

"No". She mumbled however he heard her. He simply nodded his head deciding to let her be.

"Take Mikael with you". He stated . If she didn't want to listen to him then he was going to do things the hard way with her. She was going to learn.

Cheyenne casted him a final glance before stubbornly walking out. She had a pout on her face and stood before Mikael who was typing away on his phone and patiently waiting for the next move.

"Hi Mikael". She said as she stood before him. It was her first time having a conversation with him. He was tall and burly just like Donovan compared to her short frame. He had blue eyes and a bushy eyebrows which were currently furrowed.

"Yes miss?". He politely said which shocked Chey. She wasn't expecting him to be polite based on his looks. He looked mean and beefy.

"Can you to take me home? Donovan said it was fine".

Mikael nodded his head, "Of cause. Let me help you with that". He pointed towards the black hard shell suitcase which Chey obliged. He led the way to the elevator and all the way to the car.

He opened her door for her and helped her get situated while he placed her suitcase at the back of the car.

Chey took her iPad out her purse and responded to some work emails. Mikael hopped into the car and turned the ignition on.

"Uhm if it's not too much trouble, can we stop by the office. There are some files I'd like to grab. It would be quick". She quickly pushed out as Mikael looked at her through the rearview mirror.

"No problem at all miss". He nodded his head.

"Thank you". Chey smiled in appreciation and leaned back enjoying the ride while slipping on her reading glasses.

𖣘

Mikael rode the elevator with Cheyenne until they reached her floor. A few looks of concern were thrown in her direction as she walked to her office. Everyone was worried after seeing her being carried out the office

"I won't take long, you can head outside, to the smoking area and I will come find you ". She stated, pointing towards the smoking area.

"Sure, five minutes only!". He gave her a stern look causing her to nod her head. She watched him until he reached the sliding glass door that led him to the smoking area on her floor.

She then headed to office, pushing her glass door. She stepped in and walked towards her desk. She started rummaging through her files that were scattered around and pushed her glasses that were sitting on the bridge on her nose, up.

"I thought I'd never see you again". A voice spoke making her look up with a her hand on her chest. She let out a low a yelp from being startled.

"Can you stop doing that! I hate it!" She snapped at Daniel who slipped into her office and closed the door behind him.

"Are you okay?". He questioned in concern seeing her puffy red eyes.

"Yes I am fine". She told him, deciding to keep finding what she came from. She didn't need him in her business.

"I need to talk to you about something ". He announced causing her pause and look up at him.

"About what?". She asked him, folding her arms on her chest with her brow raised in question

"Nothing much, just need your help with taking down the De Luca's ". He casually mentioned causing the furrowed brows on Cheyenne's face to deepen.

"Excuse me?!" . She shrieked, astonished.

"You heard me "

"Why would I do that?".

"Because you know all about his operation ". Daniel mentioned

"Hell no, you are outta your gotdamn mind. I don't know what the hell possessed you". Cheyenne scoffed, glaring at him.

"You are not willing to do it? Then I will arrest you for obstruction of justice ". He carelessly shrugged making her humourlessly chuckle.

"You are crazy. Who the hell are you?". She questioned.

"Detective Daniel Williams". He stated causing her frown to deepen on her face.

Daniel took out his card and slid the card on the table making Cheyenne eye it cautiously. She let it rest for a few minutes before picking it. Indeed his name was plastered on the card.

A narcotics and homicide Detective

"I know you fucking lying". She mumbled under her breathe.

"So what's it going to be ?". He questioned once more. Cheyenne simply shook her head.

"According to law you can't force me to do anything so no. Get somebody else to do it". She stated as Mikael walked into her office. He could sense the tension in the room.

He furrowed his brows as he glared at Cheyenne. He had to protect her. He failed to protect one of the few people Donovan cared about and he wasn't going to let it happen to Cheyenne too.

"Are you ready to leave miss?". He questioned, walking further inside the room. Cheyenne nodded her head.

"Yes as soon as he leaves my office". She stated, not taking her eyes off Daniel who stood with a smirk. Mikael glanced at Daniel who simply held out his hand.

He simply looked at it and turn his back at him, looking at Cheyenne and seeing the deep frown on her face.

"I hope to be hearing from you soon". He announced.

"You won't". Cheyenne told him, rolling her eyes. He walked out making her loudly exhale.

"I now know why I disliked his ugly ass". She murmured understand her breathe.

"Are you okay?" Mikael asked in concern staring at Cheyenne who had a tight frown on her face. She wasn't supposed to be doing too much but people were currently getting on her nerves.

"Yes, we can go". She looked up with a tight smile on her face. Mikael nodded his head and watched as she headed towards the door. His eyes caught the card on the table and he snatched it, slipping it in his pocket.

✿︎

"Thank you Mikael. You didn't have to bring me all the way". Cheyenne stated as they walked towards her apartment.

"I have to protect you by all means". He mentioned.

"I can take care of my myself ". She spoke.

"You can however dealing with a man like Donovan, you need to be protected twenty-four seven. He lives a very... adventurous life". He ended causing a chuckle to slip out her lips.

"I hear you". They reached her door, however it was slightly opened.

"What's going on?". She suspiciously eyed the door.

"Get back". Mikael stated, pulling out his gun out just waistband.

Cheyenne cautiously followed behind however she didn't get pass at least three feet before she halted letting out an excruciating scream

Her eyes pooled with tears as she stared at her disoriented apartment. Everything was turned upside down.

But what broke her heart the most was seeing her dog, Cece laying in her pool of blood and a two bullets pierced in her little body.

"Don't touch anything!". Mikael warned as he went to check out the rooms in the apartment. When he found no one and nothing suspicious, he returned back to the front still seeing Cheyenne standing there with tears cascading down her face.

"There is no one here". He told her as he continued examining the wide space filled with messed up furniture. He pulled out his phone and relayed everything back to Donovan.

"Cece". Cheyenne mumbled, going closer to her dog. She cried out as she looked at her body on the floor. She could feel her heart breaking all over again.

And Stella and her son were no where to be found.

꧁꧂
thoughtsss??

Angelo won't be awake for a while so stay strong besties ✊🏾

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

363K 12.1K 44
Started this when I was in my mafia phase and finally decided to finish it 2 years later so here ya go 😭 . . . . . . . #1 in #friendstolovers #1 in...
2.5M 123K 43
[ COMPLETED ] Devotion | ✓ Book One Of The Sinners & Saints Series I AM HOPELESSLY AND ENDLESSLY DEVOTED TO YOU. COPYRIGHT © MIDNXGHTSUN
5.7K 151 17
Two teenagers with a interesting love story fr🤷🏽‍♀️ + a baby later on
61.4K 1.8K 29
"𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐩𝐮𝐳𝐳𝐥𝐞. 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐟𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫. 𝐉𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚 𝐬𝐨𝐮𝐥...